Official "Ultraman Trigger" Thread

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official "Ultraman Trigger" Thread

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Saturndusk wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:35 pm
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:36 am I'm not too enthusiastic for Decker, especially after the inconsistent trainwreck that was Trigger.
Maybe we’ll get the bounce back from Trigger to Decker like from R/B to Taiga
The main director of Decker is the guy who ran Ultraman R/B. So adjust your expectations accordingly.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:02 pm
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:36 am I'm not too enthusiastic for Decker, especially after the inconsistent trainwreck that was Trigger.
The main director of Decker is the guy who ran Ultraman R/B. So adjust your expectations accordingly.
X_X
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Who knows, maybe his skills as a director has improved since.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:02 pm The main director of Decker is the guy who ran Ultraman R/B. So adjust your expectations accordingly.
Oh geeze..

I mean, it can't be AS bad as R/B was though, right?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Wasn't the same director for Trigger the same as Geed? Geed a favorite for me with a great cast so if they're the same guy it certainly is a bit disappointing.
So maybe the R/B director went the other direction and improved? If Decker is another clunker/middling then yeah just let Ultraman Z's director make every Ultra series henceforth.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

R/B had an easygoing charm, though. That series' flaws are really script problems.

Speaking of which; Sakamoto would kill an Ultra series themed entirely around martial arts, like the early episodes of Leo. Tsuburaya would be wise to develop these shows around the specialties of the talent in their stable.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I wouldn't worry so much. After all, Takesue also directed the Red King and Grigio Raiden episodes of Z.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I still ended up enjoying Trigger because it was a fun and happy show to look forward to every week since the world is just constant bad news.

That being said, it has several misfires that won't help it in rewatches. I really like that we got a larger strike team again like the old days, and they didn't bother me too much. What bothers me is the lack of worldbuilding to establish said characters and humanity as a whole. If they had done that then the classic kids saving Tiga scene they tried to recreate would've payed off far better. Not to mention the world feeling alive, one of the few times they did that was in the Dada episode. But of course, I'm sure the pandemic got in the way of what they could all do. I thought the finale did an okay job explaining the connection between Trigger and Kengo, as cheeky as it was. Nonetheless the scene between Kengo and his mother hit the feels, just wish she appeared more to again establish the bond.

The Dark Giants and Ignis/Dark were pretty well done, I love how they had the dark counterpart fight against the main villains. Trigger Truth might've beat Glitter Eternity as my favourite Trigger design, that look is sex e and I like the idea of understanding that we all have light and dark in our lives. That idea is what they did different from Tiga and worked.

"Smile Smile!" is goofy and silly, but as a chucklef*ck myself I found it endearing throughout. There's more to say about the show but for now I'd say it was overall okay for me. Wasn't awful, it had it's moments, but I don't know how often I want to revisit it. Maybe the movie will be a good one.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Post by Megalon-5 »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:22 pm

Who knows, maybe his skills as a director has improved since.
I'm looking forward to cautiously since A. Trigger set the bar so low and B. R/B's best feature was it's characters, so we're at least going to be getting actual characters again this season. While I would love another Taguchi season, I'm worried he'll experience some burnout

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

If anyone deserves another stab at a show, it's Ultraman Taiga's showrunner. Taiga is still my favorite New Gen series.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Trigger Truth was pretty cool and the last few episodes were an alright send off. I love that during the big reveal of Trigger's identity I realized that the majority of the crew already knew Kengo was Trigger. Akito, Yuna, Ignis, the chairman, the Captain...that left the useless trio to be in the dark.
Can we please have more Z now!? This is how I'd do the Trigger movie...
Smiling Friends clip and gore warning btw.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOkm7x4VO5U

"Haruki and Z were heroes and I guess Kengo was there too I guess..."
Kengo: *Frown frown face*

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Ah here we go with this oldie gif. Now THIS is going to probably be my reaction to the Ultraman Z movie with Trigger in it.
https://media1.giphy.com/media/EoDAU6Mp ... w.gif&ct=g
Just put Z for the smaller cuter lamb and Trigger for the bigger lamb. "OUT OF THE WAY YOU I SEE Z AND HARUKI!!!"

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

Episode Z will be available to watch on the Ultraman Connection site March 18 for 4.99 and can be bundled with the Connection Live Event that day for 11.99.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Oh, that's great news!
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

Who all has their ticket ultra-punched to watch Episode Z tonight? Because that is what I’ll be doing.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Sadly not me because of work but I certainly do want to see it just for Haruki and Z oh and I guess for Kengo oh but I like Yuna and Akito.
Hm how many times will Kengo say 'smile smile' in this? I'm gonna place my bets on 'four times.'

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Saturndusk wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:24 pm Who all has their ticket ultra-punched to watch Episode Z tonight? Because that is what I’ll be doing.
I did, just finished watching. I was pleasantly surprised, I thought it was a solid film with a nice arc about being human. I took the survey too afterwards.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

Just completed as well.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

So was Haruki and Z given enough to do or were they more guest characters? 'Yeah we know SOME people like Haruki and Z but you're all really here to hear Kengo say 'smile smile' right!?'
Speaking of that how many times did he say his great catchphrase?
Y'know I'd have liked something like 'c'mon, let's smile!' waaaaaay more!

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

daveblackeye15 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:28 pm So was Haruki and Z given enough to do or were they more guest characters? 'Yeah we know SOME people like Haruki and Z but you're all really here to hear Kengo say 'smile smile' right!?'
Speaking of that how many times did he say his great catchphrase?
Y'know I'd have liked something like 'c'mon, let's smile!' waaaaaay more!
I’d say they were featured a pretty fair amount.

Only thing I was disappointed about
Spoiler:
Was hoping Trigger Truth to get another shot. Also wondering what exactly happened to the Glitter Hyper Key other than plot.