Official "Ultraman Trigger" Thread

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Official "Ultraman Trigger" Thread

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

BREAKING NEWS

Filming of Ultraman Trigger have begun and a new monster was leaked (below).
Spoiler:
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Re: ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Not sure if that's new. Kinda looks like
Spoiler:
Crescent from Ultraman 80.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

MoarCrossovers wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:27 pm Not sure if that's new. Kinda looks like
Spoiler:
Crescent from Ultraman 80.
If that's Crescent, it would be the first time they've done that drastic of a redesign since 2006.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official "Ultraman Trigger" Thread

Post by Terasawa »

Ah, the Roy Rogers & Ultraman crossover we've all been anticipating.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Terasawa wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:54 pm Ah, the Roy Rogers & Ultraman crossover we've all been anticipating.
It saddens me that a link seemed necessary in order for the kids today to get this joke.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

eabaker wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:57 pm
Terasawa wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:54 pm Ah, the Roy Rogers & Ultraman crossover we've all been anticipating.
It saddens me that a link seemed necessary in order for the kids today to get this joke.
Unfortunately (?) I think the Classic Horror Film Board is the only genre movie forum on the web where that joke could be told without the Wikipedia link.

But I can live with that knowing that this thread is now 50% about the King of the Cowboys.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Now that's a cheap, Showa-looking monster if I saw one. Looks like Black King with phoney alligator-head.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

So Ultraman trigger is definitely a thing now, vs an announcement. And similar to z looks like corona won’t be so impactful. Awesome! Any ideas when it’ll start airing? I imagine in a few months?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Spoiler:
If that really is Crescent, that be a pretty welcome surprise. Especially since Z had him killed offscreen.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Spoiler:
Eh, I don't think it's a good enough pic to determine who it exactly is. Besides, Crescent never really had that "accordion" look.

I do think it's interesting that we've got two very Showa-looking kaiju, though.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

So... Are we SURE this is taking place in the Tiga universe? Because they look like they stepped right out of the mid-70s.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:55 am So... Are we SURE this is taking place in the Tiga universe? Because they look like they stepped right out of the mid-70s.
Every leak says yes, so..

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The accordion look doesn’t match, but the two of them, a black and the red one, remind me of:

For being two really strong monsters that caused a lot of damage the Giras bros haven’t appeared in a long time.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:20 pm The accordion look doesn’t match, but the two of them, a black and the red one, remind me of:

For being two really strong monsters that caused a lot of damage the Giras bros haven’t appeared in a long time.
I legit thought the same thing and went to look for a picture of them to see if they were similar at all. The accordion body shape doesn't match, however.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

That suit really looks terrible, i would expect more.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

imposterzilla wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:55 pm That suit really looks terrible, i would expect more.
It is a low-quality image and it seems like we're just at the beginning of filming so...

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Mans kinda looks like Black King and Seagorath had a lovechild.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

The synopsis said something about monsters from an alternate dimension bleding into the Tiga universe. Guess it makes sense that some Showa looking kaiju are showing up?

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Monsters from Tiga - Gaia have shown up in other shows where M-78 (and more) monsters exist, so I can live with some monsters originating from the M-78 universe also existing in the world of Tiga/Dyna or Gaia.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I think how’s the time to add a new Color for an Ultra.