Official "Ultraman Trigger" Thread

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Re: Official "Ultraman Trigger" Thread

Post by Megalon-5 »

Are we sure the monster in front might be our good pal Aboras?

Last edited by Megalon-5 on Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Megalon-5 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:12 pm Are we sure the monster in front might be our good pal Aboras?

The accordion texture is rounder on the Red King/Aboras than it is on this monster but maybe, this is a redesigned suit?

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Megalon-5 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:12 pm Are we sure the monster in front might be our good pal Aboras?

http://www.kaijubattle.net/uploads/2/9/ ... 2_orig.jpg
Nah, the head & tail's much too small, Aboras doesn't have accordion plates/scales on his legs, and the exposed skin doesn't look like a corn cob.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

NSZ wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:16 pm

http://www.kaijubattle.net/uploads/2/9/ ... 2_orig.jpg
Nah, the head & tail's much too small, Aboras doesn't have accordion plates/scales on his legs, and the exposed skin doesn't look like a corn cob.
Oh, also the Trigger monster's neck is significantly longer.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I think one of the most interesting things about this show is apparently the fact that
Spoiler:
Dyna somehow gets retconned out of existence by an "unseen force" that's also bringing kaiju from different dimensions into the Tiga-Dyna timeline. Considering the loose ends from Absolute Conspiracy, i wonder if it has something to do with Absolute Taurus..

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:25 am I think one of the most interesting things about this show is apparently the fact that
Spoiler:
Dyna somehow gets retconned out of existence by an "unseen force" that's also bringing kaiju from different dimensions into the Tiga-Dyna timeline. Considering the loose ends from Absolute Conspiracy, i wonder if it has something to do with Absolute Taurus..
So this series will be set in a version of the Tiga/Dyna timeline altered by time-travel?

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Who's ready for that Shin Ultraman power-up form for Trigger to promote the film!?

... I am!

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Makes Sense. Dyna was the earliest Universe-traversing Ultra, then Cosmos, then Zero (allowing by extension all M78 Ultra's to do it as well). It would seem easy enough for Tartarus to erase Dyna, and bring in kaiju from other continuities. I just hope when all this mess is over, they reestablish some sort of status quo. I know a lot of people don't like that idea, but with every other fiction being convoluted, it would be nice to have one that isn't thrown off forever.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:25 am I think one of the most interesting things about this show is apparently the fact that
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
The rumor is that Tiga (and maybe Dyna?) will get new human hosts.

Make sense, as Tiga's actor is expensive and Dyna's has recently said some racist stuff about the Chinese and might be involved in the infamous Happy Science cult nowadays (!?).

I feel like (and I sincerely hope that) we get Gaia and Agul and their human hosts back. I don't see any roadblocks to getting those guys on board. Tiga, Dyna, Gaia and Agul and footage from their series are all being featured in the recap show that's currently filling the time slot.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Angilasman wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:07 am
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
The rumor is that Tiga (and maybe Dyna?) will get new human hosts.
Dyna's has recently said some racist stuff about the Chinese and might be involved in the infamous Happy Science cult nowadays (!?).
Spoiler:
:shock: Wow, wasn't aware of that. What people can be behind the scenes, i tell ya.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Update about that set leak: It's for a music video completely unrelated to TsuPro.

Added in 1 hour 54 minutes 12 seconds:
Just found said music video. You can clearly see that the monsters from the photo match the ones in this video.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:04 am Update about that set leak: It's for a music video completely unrelated to TsuPro.

Just found said music video. You can clearly see that the monsters from the photo match the ones in this video.
This War of the Gargantuas remake starring the Giras brothers looks weird. Lol.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Well, so much for that lol

We'll probably get some new sometime next month tho.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

C'est la vie, I suppose new kaiju with simplistic designs would be asking for too much.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:04 am Update about that set leak: It's for a music video completely unrelated to TsuPro.

Eh, while I'm not a big fan of the music, I liked the video and it was a nice little homage to the genre. Even if it was a mistake, it shined light on something that no one here would've found otherwise. It is sort of funny we've been discussing those monsters for such a long time now. lmao
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

I'm very much reliefed. I mean the suits are cool and I like the music video. But if Trigger is connected to TDG, I want to see more Early Heisei like Kaijus
Last edited by Dyrakro on Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

Is there a presumed release date going around anywhere? I’d have to assume August/September right?
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I'd guess around that time.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Did the rumor of that image being from Trigger actually start from somewhere, or was it just the result of a Western fan seeing it and figuring it must be from the upcoming series?
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

MaxRebo320 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:24 pm Did the rumor of that image being from Trigger actually start from somewhere, or was it just the result of a Western fan seeing it and figuring it must be from the upcoming series?
I found it on the Ultraman subreddit.