Official "Ultraman Trigger" Thread

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official "Ultraman Trigger" Thread

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:57 am
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:48 am
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:35 am

Might wanna spoiler that but yes, he's here.
Its not even a spoiler, dude.
How is it not? This isn't just a MOTW like the zebracomputerman is. We're dealing with someone who'll undoubtedly be important to the plot and hasn't debuted in the series itself.
We're talking an Ultraman show, not some deep, thought-driven show with immense twists and turns. Besides that, we've known Trigger Dark was coming almost since the original listings for the show were leaked as they always are. He's legit just going to be either the mid-season boss or the final boss of the series and that's it.

And besides the design, we don't even know the role he's going to play (witch WOULD be a real spoiler if its anything other than a mid or final boss role). All we have is his design. Which, again, isn't a spoiler. And these scans aren't even leaks. They are legit magazine scans that you can find in, well, magazines in any store in Japan at any given time.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I gotta be honest, i think Dark Trigger's design looks kinda disappointing. Those eye's and mouth just look stupid.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Gigantis wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:18 pm I gotta be honest, i think Dark Trigger's design looks kinda disappointing. Those eye's and mouth just look stupid.
Fully agree. Then again, this whole series has been a monstrous disappointment.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Gigantis wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:18 pm I gotta be honest, i think Dark Trigger's design looks kinda disappointing. Those eye's and mouth just look stupid.
I do wish he looked a bit more like Evil Tiga than Lugiel.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Just started this week's episode. Already feels good to see Z, Haruki, and Yoko back!

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

Definitely the funnest episode so far.
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

It’s inevitable that Tiga will show up in this show. Since Zett just showed up, that makes me wonder what other Ultra could show up as well.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:33 am It’s inevitable that Tiga will show up in this show. Since Zett just showed up, that makes me wonder what other Ultra could show up as well.
If merchandise leaks are anything to go by...
Spoiler:
Ultraman, Zero and Ribut
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I hope this episode is a turning point for the show. It's the first ep that didn't feel like a slog at all.
Very fun episode.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

MoarCrossovers wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:08 am
LegendZilla wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:33 am It’s inevitable that Tiga will show up in this show. Since Zett just showed up, that makes me wonder what other Ultra could show up as well.
If merchandise leaks are anything to go by...
Spoiler:
Ultraman, Zero and Ribut
Spoiler:
Ultraman and Zero, too?

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

I’d be more expectant of Tiga to return proper in a Trigger movie where TPC may spring for Nagano to appear as Daigo because of anniversary.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Looks like Z and King Joe SC may be in the show for a lil while. A few episodes at the very least. Rather happy since Haruki is leagues better than any of the Trigger cast.

Powered Dada. Next week. So f'n excited. Been wanting to see some Great and Powered kaiju return for over a decade.

Quote of the Year:

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I've still been really enjoying Trigger so far. It's taken longer than needed to get going, but it's real earnest in my eyes. Kengo's a total dork, yet endearing. A true Martian :lol:
It's especially fun seeing him bounce off with Akito and even Haruki. I hope the rest of the team besides the main three are expanded upon. Having a new Ultra show with such a large strike team again is exciting, and should be.

I will say though, there were a few wonky shots with the cityscape in that last episode with Z. Like you could briefly tell there wasn't a fully made street in some shots during the Z & Trigger vs Barossa battle. Thus far I feel like Trigger's had more stale toku shots than I've expected.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

Totally overlooked Gamma Future is in the next episode, can only hope the Tiga medal is brought up specifically since they’re playing loose with referencing since episode 1 especially as the Akito backstory had the “first monster” which makes no sense considering the supposed timeline.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Just finished the last episode after playing catchup. Nothing super COMPELLING i would say but.. hey, can't deny me some Powered Dada!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

This episode was pretty good, not on last week's level but still better than what came before. Composite shots are pretty wonky this time around, though

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Awesome. I read the comments after the fact, but I had no idea when I was watching this that it was in fact Powered Dada. :lol: That is kind of cool, to finally get an appearance of a kaiju design from that series. Now it only raises the question further though... Why no Powered Zetton in Absolute Tartaus' Zetton Army?
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

o.supreme wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:45 am Awesome. I read the comments after the fact, but I had no idea when I was watching this that it was in fact Powered Dada. :lol: That is kind of cool, to finally get an appearance of a kaiju design from that series. Now it only raises the question further though... Why no Powered Zetton in Absolute Tartaus' Zetton Army?
I guess because they don’t have a pre-existing suit.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I actually rather liked this episode and yeah was kinda hoping Haruki would be around one more week. No don't leave us!
But okay this really did feel like a great team effort where everyone played a part...with the beautiful gorgeous captain sitting there stoically like a rock solid leader. Yeah Ignis seems to be more on the heroic side than Juggler ever was since he seems to be making himself comfortable on their ship. Hopefully the show ramps up a bit with Yuna becoming aware they are hiding something from her. I feel like since episode 5 the show has been improving. I rather love how we got two Ultra hosts talking about how it feels when stuff happens like when their timer goes off or flying. It's like how I always wondered what it felt like when Godzilla spat fire or when someone shoots eye beams.
Much like Gai and Juggler in Orb Kengo and Akito is the true romance, Akito is very tsundere towards Kengo.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Spoiler:
Once again this shows does excellent in action, yet once again it flops in what's meant to be tear jerking moments.. that's pretty much how i feel about this episode in a nutshell. Although i t gets extra points, via it having Gagorgon. And Gagorgon is awesome.

Also, i guess that slap Yuna gave Darrgon was a sexual awakening because he fell in love with her. :lol: