Official "Ultraman Trigger" Thread

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Re: Official "Ultraman Trigger" Thread

Post by Dracosaurian »

https://www.twitter.com/HeroClub4Life/s ... 1180120069

I guess Kengo must've told this guy to "Smile! Smile!".

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Just finished the Trigger movie, but without subs. Not too hard to follow what's going on if you've watched Z and Trigger. I don't know why I couldn't figure out Cerebro was back from the trailers with the single red eye of Z. But yeah, he's back in this. Couldn't really pick up HOW he's back, though. Besides that, it's all pretty forumularic New Gen stuff. I was REALLY hoping that "leak" of the GUTS Select crew getting killed off was real. Oh well. They're still just as obnoxious here as they were in the series. Movie would have been a hundred times better if Juggler returned with Z.

The kaiju and effects scenes were pretty good. Evil Trigger going SUPER GIANT was kinda iffy. TPC seems to be getting too reliant on giant, mountain-sized final bosses in movies. Hope it's not going to become a trend in these movies.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Finally got my hands on Episode Z through... questionable means and now that I've seen it, I can say for sure that ancient (3 1/2 months ago) me was correct that this would be better than the show!

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Post by kaijufanforever »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:12 pm Just finished the Trigger movie, but without subs. Not too hard to follow what's going on if you've watched Z and Trigger. I don't know why I couldn't figure out Cerebro was back from the trailers with the single red eye of Z. But yeah, he's back in this. Couldn't really pick up HOW he's back, though. Besides that, it's all pretty forumularic New Gen stuff. I was REALLY hoping that "leak" of the GUTS Select crew getting killed off was real. Oh well. They're still just as obnoxious here as they were in the series. Movie would have been a hundred times better if Juggler returned with Z.

The kaiju and effects scenes were pretty good. Evil Trigger going SUPER GIANT was kinda iffy. TPC seems to be getting too reliant on giant, mountain-sized final bosses in movies. Hope it's not going to become a trend in these movies.
I think it's stated Cerebro escaped his prosio or wherever the heck they kept him for future dissection

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I think I might have been too hard on Trigger. I picked up where I dropped off (the Zaragas episode) and have actually kinda been enjoying it. Yeah, it's not anywhere near as awesome at Z. But I think the Z hype is what made me judge everything about Trigger so hard. In it's own bubble, Trigger is alright.

I like that Kengo is having a hard time controlling the power of glitter (he's just like Ke$ha)
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I dunno, maybe I was too nice to it. I remember good stuff like the main trio, and the magnificent captain! And Ignis...then I remember the annoying humor, the useless jock guy and the annoying Little Falcon pilot always screaming and of course SMILE SMILE.