Official "Ultraman Trigger" Thread

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
o.supreme
Futurian

Re: Official "Ultraman Trigger" Thread

Post by o.supreme »

So... I had completely forgot about Gazort. This was one of the coolest enemies from Tiga IMHO, I even had the original 1996 Bandai toy at one time. I thought nothing of the 4Kids Tiga dub stuck with me, but I still find myself calling this monster Gazoto :lol: . Lastly, I find the name of it's initial "tadpole": form problematic...I'll leave it at that.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Who the h*ck thought the Nursedessi was a good design compared to the Artdessi?
If the Artdessi is a 'Vette then the Nursedessi is like 8 Segways taped to a Bird scooter.
So far Trigger gives me the vibes of everything that's kept me away from the New Gen shows.
There is some cool set design. There's some potential with the story. The characters thusfar don't impress but also haven't been given much room to make an impression. There's at least some impressive miniature work still, broken up by excessive CGI tussles. Here's hoping the show is just taking it's time to grow into itself.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

^^I'm assuming eventually the Nurse Dessi will transform into Nurse, which will be cool. The Flying Fortress thing is also pretty cool and something I can appreciate.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

With the size of Nursedessi you’d think there would be more crew seen on it
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Ok, if the Nursedessi turns into Nurse I will eat crow with a smile smile!
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:16 pm ^^I'm assuming eventually the Nurse Dessi will transform into Nurse, which will be cool. The Flying Fortress thing is also pretty cool and something I can appreciate.
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:47 pm Ok, if the Nursedessi turns into Nurse I will eat crow with a smile smile!
Spoiler:
Leaked toy listings show a figure of Nurse is coming. Who's to say if it will be the original returning or the Nursedessi having taken on a new form.
So episode 3 was...slightly better? I kind of liked Ignis and Hadrum, albeit I feel introducing both at once gives us hardly any time to get to know either. Gazort was totally wasted (the whole "Friend" easter egg was super shoehorned too). I know he's a crummy stage show suit, but its still disappointing. The connection between Yuna and Yuzare I guess comes as no surprise (given they're played by the same actress and all), but again, just a few more episodes to let the mystery build up would have been nice. So yeah, really not feeling the show so far, but hopefully things pick up, especially considering Taguchi is set to direct some upcoming episodes.
Last edited by MaxRebo320 on Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

This show feels like it thinks it's 13 episodes long when it's actually 29.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Heads up.

After this Saturday's episode, the next two will be special "recap" episodes (these don't count towards the total episode count) while the Olympics are going on.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

MoarCrossovers wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:06 pm Heads up.

After this Saturday's episode, the next two will be special "recap" episodes (these don't count towards the total episode count) while the Olympics are going on.
Wow so much to recap.
I wonder if it's gonna be Trigger clips mixed with Tiga clips.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:01 pm

Wow so much to recap.
They already did the Tiga recap

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:24 pm
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:01 pm

Wow so much to recap.
They already did the Tiga recap
See recaps: Zero :lol:
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

The human cast is definitely weak when compared to the epic STORAGE team, the girl that pilots the falcon is very obnoxious, I wish she kept that calm or stoic attitude when piloting it instead of devolving into a chimpanzee lol.

I'm looking forward to seeing more Ignis and Hudram, I liked the fight between Trigger and Hudram, especially the evening city setting. Episode 3 has a few nice places to look at like the mansion, its interior and the evening city mentioned above.

Overall I believe Z is far superior as of right now and I have a good feeling it will stay that way.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

UltimateDitto wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:14 am the girl that pilots the falcon is very obnoxious, I wish she kept that calm or stoic attitude when piloting it instead of devolving into a chimpanzee lol.
I will say I kinda dug how she was calm, icy and kinda disrespectful until she got into the pilot seat and then was waaaaay too into it. She might actually be my favorite character thusfar. Definitely a little over-the-top.
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

I'll agree Nanase's erratic behavior was a bit obnoxious, but I'm willing to see how her character plays out. I remember the first few episodes of Geed making Moa out to be a total dunce, but she gradually became one my favorite characters in the show.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Maybe they could tone down the character going nutty when piloting or VR piloting but I do like the super icy character turns super hot blooded when she goes into action.
Hmm Moa, so many great waifus from Geed and one of the best casts. REM in humanoid body is best girl though.

OrnithopodaistheBest
GPN Volunteer

Post by OrnithopodaistheBest »

Whoa, Kengo boy only said "Smile Smile!" exactly one time this episode. Too bad it was right at the beginning. And i wish Gazort would have had some more to do, but at least it was nice to see him in another major series even for a while. Really liking Hudram and Ignis so far.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Watching ep. 4 right now. Pretty good so far.. though i gotta say one of the effects kinda faltered during that fall.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Anyone care to speculate as to why TsuPro has become a little too fond of using Gubila in recent shows?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Spoiler:
Kengo mentioning a U-shaped mouth gesture speedrun in 3... 2... 1

Added in 1 minute 5 seconds:
20 seconds! Very impressive

Added in 4 minutes 15 seconds:
So Ignis is gonna be the one to summon Okagubila?

Added in 7 minutes 44 seconds:
Wait, the Guebasser feather broom doesn't explain how he just teleported in there. If he entered the room any other way, they most definitely would've heard .

Added in 4 minutes 40 seconds:
Ignis just blasted off again

Added in 2 minutes 5 seconds:
They did the Silvergon episode thing!

Added in 14 minutes 43 seconds:
Hopefully, not every conflict gets resolved by killing the MOTW. Okagubila could've easily been lured to a less populated area had Akito just chucked the beacon into the horizon.

Added in 38 seconds:
3WOEBNDSIUTREDBSIUT4ERDBSYUBEWQIUASZBYU
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Well, episode 04 was the best episode since the first. None of the characters were overly obnoxious (for once) and the fight scenes were good. Probably the best use of Gubira since the monster's reintroduction in Saga as well. Could this be the start up a recovery for the series? Fingers crossed.

Also, I am 100% convinced Ignis is an Alien Barossa, the butterfly winged space pirate/thief/sword fetishist from Z. The markings on his face look a lot like Barossa's wings.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?