Tsubaraya's Cutting Room Floor

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Tsubaraya's Cutting Room Floor

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Everyone knows the troubled history of Bagan and how Gamera's first opponent was almost a jotunn instead of Barugon but there's not many discussions on what never appeared in the long-running Ultra Series. And since Ultraman seems to be getting slowly pupular outside of Asia, I think it might be time to make a thread about what got scrapped by Tsubaraya Productions. Although this is mainly about Ultraman, you can discuss anything as long as it's made by TsuPro.

To start off discussion, Ultraman: Operation Giant would've been awesome. What can be better than Ultraman fighting two giant robots and a reptilian mole with an energy blade?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Tsubaraya's Cutting Room Floor

Post by LegendZilla »

Everyone knows by now that the orginal Ultraman series as meant to star a tengu-like kaiju named Bemular, whose name will be recycled for Ultraman's first opponent.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:09 pm Everyone knows by now that the orginal Ultraman series as meant to star a tengu-like kaiju named Bemular, whose name will be recycled for Ultraman's first opponent.

Forgot about that. Also, your image is broken
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:05 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:09 pm Everyone knows by now that the orginal Ultraman series as meant to star a tengu-like kaiju named Bemular, whose name will be recycled for Ultraman's first opponent.

Forgot about that. Also, your image is broken
*sigh* I know.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Here's a Skull Gomora whose face I honestly prefer to the final version.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I just found concept art for the Saurexes' monsters from the unmade movie Ultraman: Hero from the Stars on complete accident. Dinogon would fit perfectly in one of the later Showa series.

Pterogon:

Dinogon:

Plesiogon:

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Plesiogon would also fit. It has an elegant design.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Here's some Antlar concept art that looks so weird I thought it was a Heisei (phase 1) Kamen Rider monster at first.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Apparently, Dodongo was almost a giant Dimetrodon-looking skeletal kaiju. If this design looks familiar, that's because its silhouette was reused for Gavadon B (which replaced a much better-looking version that doesn't look boring).

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Here's an original concept for Giradorus. I'm not a big fan since it not only looks way too similar to Kiyla but it's also way too obviously a man-in-suit effect to work. Knee-walking Giradorus can stay.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:19 pm Here's an original concept for Giradorus. I'm not a big fan since it not only looks way too similar to Kiyla but it's also way too obviously a man-in-suit effect to work. Knee-walking Giradorus can stay.
Oh there it is
Last edited by imposterzilla on Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Weren't they discussing some kind of third Mebius/Ultra Bros movie that would have had a role for Taro?
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:26 am Weren't they discussing some kind of third Mebius/Ultra Bros movie that would have had a role for Taro?
I think.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:09 am I think.
Good enough for me!
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Just found out that Titas and Fuma almost got Photon forms as well.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

I would’ve been quite alright with those
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:57 am Just found out that Titas and Fuma almost got Photon forms as well.
UPDATE: This is actually fanart. No proof of planned Photon forms for the entire Tri-Squad exists to my knowledge.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

I know I added some Concept art to the UltraWiki for the kaiju and aliens from Q to Seven.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Meet Gordah (ゴルダー), one of the few kaiju to have appeared in Daiji Kazumine's Ultraman manga instead of the original series. Had his episode been made, he would be a minion of the an evil organization known as the Sun Dust Group and have the ability to breath a heat ray and conjure the Gordah drill, a wind vortex able to destroy buildings on impact and even cut Ultraman's skin.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:32 pm Meet Gordah (ゴルダー), one of the few kaiju to have appeared in Daiji Kazumine's Ultraman manga instead of the original series. Had his episode been made, he would be a minion of the an evil organization known as the Sun Dust Group and have the ability to breath a heat ray and conjure the Gordah drill, a wind vortex able to destroy buildings on impact and even cut Ultraman's skin.
The manga had some weird kaiju designs. Like Wetton.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.