Ultra Galaxy Fight

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Ultra Galaxy Fight

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

With 11 days until the first episodes of UGF:TAC drops, I thought now would be the time to make a thread.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: Ultra Galaxy Fight

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

What were everyone’s thoughts on the first Ultra Galaxy Fight (New Generation Heroes)? I found it to be quite fun, a very good time. Fun character stuff and cool fight scenes.

Did have a few issues with it. The Ultra Brothers doing absolutely nothing was real weird and made no sense, not even a line to excuse it. Ultra Dark-Killer, for all the hype built up for him, didn’t really come across as that threatening.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I have started NGH to catch up. Zero sounds a lot older than he did in Z (aka what I imagined him to sound like before watching it) and Dark-Killer looks absolutely insane! Also, I never realized how much I like Grigio's design until now.

Added in 3 minutes 2 seconds:
Wait, does this take placew befor R/B or after?

Added in 3 minutes 10 seconds:
Peguila and Ragon in space?

Added in 1 minute 13 seconds:
I wish there were less big trees. Can't even see the action/

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

First episode of Absolute Conspiracy was super fun, count me excited for what’s to come.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Jeez, Etelgar is terrifying. Where'd he come from?

Added in 3 minutes :
Victory can harness kaiju powers?

Added in 7 minutes 32 seconds:
I probably should've waited to watch this because as a newbie to the Ultra franchise, I understand about 10% of what's going on.

Added in 2 minutes 55 seconds:
NGL, I thought Dark Geed was Belial for a second in that shot.

Added in 29 seconds:
Why does Dark Orb look so different from the others?

Added in 58 seconds:
Oop, there's Tregear.

Added in 8 minutes 12 seconds:
Not sure how I feel about Orb's beam being spelled Sperion and not Zeperion

Added in 48 seconds:
Is it just me or does Dark Orb's Calibur sound like the first second of the Windows 95 startup?

Added in 2 minutes 32 seconds:
I think they forgot to make the VFX for Victory's sword.

Added in 1 minute 23 seconds:
Wait, that wasn't Grigio beside Blu?

Added in 4 minutes 47 seconds:
Ruebe looks better than I remember. Shame that Groob doesn't live up
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Can i just say
Spoiler:
Great and Powered becoming Ribut's teachers is the coolest concept ever? Also, wondering if there's gonna be some lampshade hanging about the fact they haven't been seen in years. :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I just noticed that Zero does have pupils like his father. They just glow.

Added in 13 minutes 29 seconds:
Blue Victory?

Added in 1 minute 29 seconds:
Gruebing Ray? If Groob didn't sound weirdly disgusting enough.

Added in 6 minutes 24 seconds:
Aaaaand done. That was pretty good.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Getting Kane Kosugi back to voice Powered (in English and Japanese?) Is just a baller move from Tsuburaya.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Angilasman wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:07 pm Getting Kane Kosugi back to voice Powered (in English and Japanese?) Is just a baller move from Tsuburaya.
Now to get his dad back with Tim Van Patten for a new Master Ninja series.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Angilasman wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:07 pm Getting Kane Kosugi back to voice Powered (in English and Japanese?) Is just a baller move from Tsuburaya.
Awesome....

Dore Kraus dosen't speak Japanese by chance does he? I know he didn't actually voice Ultraman in the show, but probably tracking down whoever did Ultraman's couple of lines from that show wouldn't be as memorable.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Millenial88
Interpol Agent

Post by Millenial88 »

He’s only doing it in the English dub. His VA from the Japanese dub of Powered is on the Japanese track.

I was honestly gearing up to hear Dore Kraus voicing Great given the 30th anniversary and all, but it largely makes sense since Kane and the English dub team are both based in Japan.

Anyway the dub...is what it is. Although, the recasting for Zero and Ribut makes it a bit more palatable. Both characters sound suitably youthful thanks to their new actors once you get past the stilted line reads and Ribut’s old voice actor is much better suited for the...’Showaness’ of 80, if that makes sense.
Last edited by Millenial88 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I watched it subbed yesterday, but watched the dub this morning. Either I'm getting used to the style, or this dub sounds vastly improved from past efforts. I haven't heard a decent English dub in a long time, and certainly never heard one produced by Toho or TPC directly. THIS was...impressive, perhaps they got some assistance from an American Voice directing company?
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

Hoo boy, the dubbing is way better than expected! And Great and Powered have important roles too! Those two really deserved it.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Just started TAC and I'm already suprised by the quality of this dub. I especially like Alien Sran just because it reminds me of the campy alien voices from the Titan Productions Ultraman dub.

Added in 1 minute 31 seconds:
I was wondering if an Ultra's eyes dimming meant they went unconscious/are sleeping.

Added in 2 minutes 15 seconds:
Ooh, Leugocyte's "dress" looks really nice.

Added in 5 minutes 12 seconds:
Specium Crotch?

Added in 4 minutes 14 seconds:
"Ribut, go to Planet Gay 76."

Yes, I did steal this from a Twitter post that I RT'ed about an hour ago.

Added in 3 minutes 36 seconds:
Kane sounds friggin great just as I suspected!

Added in 1 minute :
Is that Voyager?

Added in 10 minutes 29 seconds:
Ew, why does Zero sound like that?

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Man, so much fanwank. There isn't much substance apart from that, but I had a big stupid grin on my face the entire time.
Spoiler:
I was surprised to see War God/Amate brought back, even if its just a cameo. She deserved so much better. And Gudis? Holy shit.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Gudis appearing makes me hope that Ribut's enemies appear. He is the main character after all.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Spoiler:
Well, seems like Max's Gudis virus is beginning to spread. Also, COSMOS!!

Can't wait for Neos and 21 to show up.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Spoiler:
When they said they were gonna go rough on Ribut, I didn't expect THIS.

Added in 1 minute 8 seconds:
Magatano-Orochi? Is that a new monster or has the transliteration demon struck again?

Added in 6 minutes 33 seconds:
Neos and 21 have head lasers? I was wondering what those spots were for.

Added in 27 seconds:
what the heck is that

Added in 43 seconds:
80: what's hannenin

Added in 1 minute 38 seconds:
Wait, when did Powered use Burning Plasma? All he did was use the Specium Ray and the Ultra-Slash (once).

Added in 2 minutes 12 seconds:
I really like that 70s-camera trail effect. Can't wait to see how they did ti.

Added in 2 minutes 24 seconds:
I thought they gave Ribut an intro already

Added in 47 seconds:
That's a long tongue, jeez.

Added in 1 minute 31 seconds:
No wonder I thought Cosmos was Agul. He's in a form.

Also, is it just me or does Justice sound female?

Added in 2 minutes 15 seconds:
Wait, Ultra Signs aren't distress signals?

Added in 55 seconds:
Sure doesn't look like they've spread farther.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

The host for Justice was a woman ( best not to think about it)
Last edited by o.supreme on Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Joneus will appear as well later on. This series is dumb fun, and I'm liking it more than the last UGF. The 80 scene in the last episode was so badass, it's a smart move on TsuPro to bring back a lotta lesser known Ultras.

Hey looks like Powered can fight after all :P
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos