Tubi & Shout Factory TV streaming ULTRA shows & films

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
StreamOfKaijuness
Monarch Researcher

Tubi & Shout Factory TV streaming ULTRA shows & films

Post by StreamOfKaijuness »

Here's a master list of Tubi and Shout Factory TV website links which I'll update as more titles are made available. These include links to the Ultra franchise titles as well as Kamen Rider and Super Sentai titles which Shout Factory is offering free to stream.

Tubi website:

Shout Factory TV website:

Click here to watch the TokuSHOUTsu channel on the Shout Factory TV website.

Click here to watch the TokuSHOUTsu channel on the Pluto TV website.

Click here to watch the TokuSHOUTsu channel on the Twitch TV website.

Below are the original news articles.

SciFi Japan, 10/27/2020:
ULTRAMAN Library Streaming on Shout! Factory TV November 1
Following an exclusive North American streaming acquisition from Mill Creek Entertainment and Indigo Entertainment earlier this year, Shout! Factory TV will release its first collection of films and series from Tsuburaya Productions’ iconic Ultraman library November 1 on both Shout! Factory TV platforms and Shout’s Tokusatsu channel TokuSHOUTsu, available on Pluto TV
All Ultraman content will be available for streaming on demand across Shout! Factory TV platforms, on ShoutFactoryTV.com; Shout! Factory TV’s Roku, Amazon Fire, Apple TV, and Android apps; and on various Shout! Factory TV branded channels including Tubi, Amazon Prime Channels, and the Roku Channel.

Ultraman content can also be seen on TokuSHOUTsu, a linear channel (#848), in the Gaming + Anime section of Pluto TV. Pluto TV can be found on all leading digital streaming devices and services, including Roku, Amazon Fire, Apple TV, Google Chromecast and more, as well as major smart TVs and game consoles.

SciFi Japan, 07/10/2020:
Shout! Factory, Mill Creek Entertainment Announce ULTRAMAN Distribution Alliance

Variety, 07/10/2020:
Shout! Factory Strikes ‘Ultraman’ Digital Distribution Deal With Mill Creek
Last edited by StreamOfKaijuness on Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:15 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: ULTRA Shows & Films Streaming on Shout! Factory TV

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

*deep inhale*
*more deep inhale*
*even more deep inhale*
*that's a lot of creepy asterisks*

[center]YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS[/center]

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

So nothing that's not already released by Mill Creek, meh
...although Ultraman Leo has been on Tubi ( obviously not under S!F) for a while I wonder what will happen to that?
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

StreamOfKaijuness
Monarch Researcher

^ Ultraman Leo on Tubi is presented by Shout! Factory TV. It airs on their TokuSHOUTsu channel on Pluto TV.

Shout! Factory's preexisting streaming rights to Leo might have complicated Mill Creek's desire to eventually offer the show as a VOD title on their MovieSpree app. I suspect that was the mutual impetus for both parties to come to this streaming arrangement. Now the rest of Mill Creek's licensed Ultra titles will eventually be joining Leo in streaming from Shout! Factory and airing on TokuSHOUTsu along with Kamen Rider, Kamen Rider Kuuga and a dozen Super Sentai series!

I'm curious to see if the English subtitles on Mill Creek's Leo BRD set will be different in any way than the subtitles on Shout! Factory's presentation.

It seems like this streaming arrangement, at least in the early going, is for Shout! Factory TV to start streaming & airing these Ultra titles roughly a year after Mill Creek releases them on BRD. Ultra Q, Ultraman, UltraSeven, Orb and Geed are all of the titles that Mill Creek released in late 2019 and they'll be available from Shout! as of November 2020. It makes sense that Mill Creek would want to keep that initial window of exclusivity to drive physical media sales.

After so many years of obscurity in the West, it's great to see this franchise getting this much exposure and accessibility for a whole new generation of viewers!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I wonder what the timeslots for these series will even be.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

StreamOfKaijuness wrote:^ Ultraman Leo on Tubi is presented by Shout! Factory TV. It airs on their TokuSHOUTsu channel on Pluto TV.
Hrmmm,, That is surprising, because the way things are sorted on Tubi, I do see all the MST, Rifftrax, Super Sentai, and Kamen Rider stuff on S!F channel, but not Ultraman Leo, it was just something random I happened to stumble into, and when I did a search for other Ultraman, that was the only one. It sounds odd because I think some stuff on Tubi may nto exactly be *legit* for lack of a better term. The presentation of some of the shows is off, Ultraman Leo just looks really bad quality wise on Tubi. Try watching the anime Gaiking Legend of Daiku Maryu on Tubi and you'll see what I mean also.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Millenial88
Interpol Agent

Post by Millenial88 »

o.supreme wrote:
StreamOfKaijuness wrote:^ Ultraman Leo on Tubi is presented by Shout! Factory TV. It airs on their TokuSHOUTsu channel on Pluto TV.
Hrmmm,, That is surprising, because the way things are sorted on Tubi, I do see all the MST, Rifftrax, Super Sentai, and Kamen Rider stuff on S!F channel, but not Ultraman Leo, it was just something random I happened to stumble into, and when I did a search for other Ultraman, that was the only one. It sounds odd because I think some stuff on Tubi may nto exactly be *legit* for lack of a better term. The presentation of some of the shows is off, Ultraman Leo just looks really bad quality wise on Tubi. Try watching the anime Gaiking Legend of Daiku Maryu on Tubi and you'll see what I mean also.
At least 20 seconds of hearing Shout’s echo-y sound mix of Leo in the first episode was enough to keep me away from it permanently.

Although, they did say on Twitter that they’re planning to rerelease the show with the HD remaster, so the mix will presumably be better.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Millenial88 wrote:At least 20 seconds of hearing Shout’s echo-y sound mix of Leo in the first episode was enough to keep me away from it permanently.

Although, they did say on Twitter that they’re planning to rerelease the show with the HD remaster, so the mix will presumably be better.
Which highlights my biggest complaint with the Mill Creek releases (although presumably TPC is to blame): apparently none of them have used the unaltered original soundtrack mixes. To my knowledge, each release has included a modern mix for each series, all with new sound effects.

But yeah, the Leo mix as heard on Shout! TV is horrible. Hopefully the eventual Mill Creek release will have superior audio but you can bet against it being the original mono soundtrack.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Can't wait for shout to have over lapping subtitles in that shitty black box with white text like they did with Leo. :)
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Millenial88
Interpol Agent

Post by Millenial88 »

Terasawa wrote:
Millenial88 wrote:At least 20 seconds of hearing Shout’s echo-y sound mix of Leo in the first episode was enough to keep me away from it permanently.

Which highlights my biggest complaint with the Mill Creek releases (although presumably TPC is to blame): apparently none of them have used the unaltered original soundtrack mixes. To my knowledge, each release has included a modern mix for each series, all with new sound effects.

But yeah, the Leo mix as heard on Shout! TV is horrible. Hopefully the eventual Mill Creek release will have superior audio but you can bet against it being the original mono soundtrack.
You can bet that this is a TPC thing that originated on the Japanese BDs, Mill Creek are just the messengers.

Although I’m a bit more receptive towards the mixes on Return and Ace, since they both utilize distinctive anime-esque sound effects for explosions and building destruction. Those manage to fit surprisingly well in a forty-year-old Japanese sci-fi series as opposed to going with super-generic modern ‘Hollywood‘ sounds.
Last edited by Millenial88 on Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Yeah, nothing special at the moment, though I suppose this could get more people who are (for whatever reason) only into Rider and Sentai into Ultraman.

Hopefully stuff not yet available from Mill Creek that was originally on Crunchyroll (RIP) and/or Toku will be added. Because Toku is a shit platform. Shows like Mirrorman and The Ultraman deserve a better home, at least until they come out on home video, if and when that happens.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Another flaw with Tubi. The description would lead one to believe the english dub of the original Ultraman is available, but there is no way to access it that I have found.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Have they started airing on Pluto yet?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

The Ultraseven pilot is on TokuSHOUTsu right now and it has no subtitles.

StreamOfKaijuness
Monarch Researcher

^ There is optional English closed-captioning but it has to be manually turned on. Strangely, unlike other Japanese-language shows that air on TokuSHOUTsu, neither Ultraman nor UltraSeven are airing with burned-in English subtitles.

Sweet Christmas, these captions are a mess! Sentences are frequently cut short and words run together. Cross-checking these episodes on Tubi and Shout! Factory TV reveals that the English captions on those streaming services are not riddled with errors like what's on TokuSHOUTsu, although they do likewise need to be manually activated.

Click here to watch TokuSHOUTsu on the Pluto TV website.

Click here to watch TokuSHOUTsu on the Shout! Factory TV website.

To stream these titles at your leisure, here are direct links to the Shout! Factory TV website:
And here are direct links to stream these titles on Tubi's website: It looks like Tubi doesn’t yet have the series Ultraman Geed, or at least it isn’t showing up when I search for it.

StreamOfKaijuness
Monarch Researcher

Shout! Factory is now offering Return of Ultraman, Ultraman Orb: The Origin Saga and Ultra Fight Orb to stream for free. These are the titles that Mill Creek released on BRD this past February so it looks like the streaming turnaround might be getting quicker.

Shout! Factory TV website links:
At this time, Tubi has Ultra Fight Orb but they don't yet have Return of Ultraman or Ultraman Orb: The Origin Saga available to stream. They do now have Ultraman Geed though.

StreamOfKaijuness
Monarch Researcher

Re: Shout! Factory TV streaming ULTRA shows & films!

Shout! Factory TV is now offering all 22 episodes of Ultraman X and the feature film free to stream on their website and app.

Tubi has Ultraman X and the movie on their streaming service too, and they now have Ultraman Orb: The Origin Saga, but they still don’t have Return of Ultraman.
Last edited by StreamOfKaijuness on Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StreamOfKaijuness
Monarch Researcher

Shout! Factory TV is now streaming Ultraman Ace.

Tubi has it too, and they now have Return of Ultraman.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

StreamOfKaijuness wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:12 pm Shout! Factory TV is now streaming Ultraman Ace.

Tubi has it too, and they now have Return of Ultraman.
Hot damn! All that's needed now is Taro and 80 and that, more or less, completes the Showa run.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

StreamOfKaijuness
Monarch Researcher

Re: Tubi & Shout!FactoryTV streaming ULTRA shows & films

Tubi and Shout!FactoryTV are now streaming the shows Neo Ultra Q, Ultraman Ginga and Ultraman Ginga S, along with Ultraman Ginga S The Movie and the special Ultra Fight Victory.