Favorite Fights in the Franchise?

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Favorite Fights in the Franchise?

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I unfortunately have only finished 3 series as of making this post, so my list isn’t nearly as long as I’d like it to be.

Mebius, Hikari, and Zamsher (and Zoffy even though he only showed up for like a minute) vs Alien Empera: Just everything about it, too much to talk about.

Orb vs Maga-Orochi (Episode 11-12): Maga-Orochi lives up to the hype built up for him throughout the first half of the series with a brutal beat down of Orb, then gets what he dished out twice over in an amazing scene. We need more Ultras with berserker forms like Thunder Breastar...

Orb vs Juggler (Episode 23): Wonderful conclusion to their rivalry in an amazing duel. Emotional stakes combined with amazing action make this one a definite highlight.

Geed vs Belial Atrocius: A perfect conclusion to this series, from the unique and amazing battle between all of Geed’s forms at once against Belial to the climax in the dimensional anomaly that’s just epic.

Z, Geed, and Zero vs Skull Gomora, Thunder Killer, and Pedanium Zetton: Just an amazing spectacle from start to finish, a gorgeous fight.

Both fights in Ultraman Z, episode 15: The initial battle with Greeza is creepy and tense as hell, and DRC vs Greeza is a brief but amazing showdown that’s a satisfying payback for the beat down Greeza gave the heroes at the beginning.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Re: Favorite Fights in the Franchise?

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Both of the original Ultraman's fights with Gomora.
I got a soft spot for the first Red King battle just because it was a curb-stomp battle and Red King was clearly a bully.

Both of Miclas fights with Eleking and Gandar. I think he had the best showing of all the Capsule Monsters.
Both of Ultraseven's fights with Pandon. Really felt like desperate fights that he was barely able to squirm a win out of. Not even really fights just Pandon pummeling a weak Seven.

Return of Ultraman. That first fight with Earthtron/Astron. Just rough and tumble, and the scene changes is neat.

Orb.
I too really love Thunder Breaster and the two parter with Orochi.
From Orb I really like that debut battle of the speed form against the Hyper Zetton? There was something slick about that battle.

Geed.
The debut of Solid Burning is great and I really love this form. So Solid Burning against the three Darkclops was super fun.
I also love Thunder Killer so Riku vs TK is good stuff.
I'd say Geed had a fantastic finale too that beats Orb's. Orb's was a fun finale but Orb's latter forms had a lot more emotional weight to them that I loved.

I certainly loved Z vs. Bullton since it started off like a wizard battle! The first Bolton fight from the original is high on my list too.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

One from each I've seen.

Ultraman vs Ultraman Ace (ULTRAMAN, 2019)
Ultraman vs Gomora rematch (Ultraman, 1966)
Ultraman Zett vs Genegarg/Ultraman Zett vs Alien Barossa (Ultraman Z, 2020)

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

UM Corporation v. Tsuburaya Productions Co. Ltd.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I'm a sucker for big battles, the bigger the better

1.Ultra Bros vs Ukillersaurus (Mebius & Ultra Bros Movie 2007)
2.Ultra Bros & Tiga/Dyna/Gaia vs Giga Chimera (The Super 8 Ultra Bros 2008)
3.*Everybody* vs Belial in Ultra Galaxy (2009), I pretty much just love that whole film.

Having just watched Ginga/S, it seems like the movies obviously took a step back, of course it would be hard to outdo each time what they did with the *Zero Trilogy*, but while the Geed and Orb movies were entertaining, the Ginga S movie felt like a Video game ripoff (with levels and all), making the most powerful foe from each previous series pretty generic, with a generic overall villain that looks like he stepped out of Super Sentai.

Also, there seems to be a bit more of a tangibility if each Ultra has his human host accompany him in the film, which is why Ginga S movie was kind of weak. It was nice they got Musashi from Cosmos to come back, but none of the others did. I was very excited about the X movie until I found out neither Susumu Korobe (Hayata) nor Hiroshi Nagano (Daigo) would be in it.

I think the newest Taiga film shows promise sine all of the new generation actors show up (If Mill Creek extends their deal with TPC to include Taiga and Z, hopefully we will get it eventually). But That is also why I love the 2009 Ultra Galaxy Film, it seems like the last Hurrah for most of the previous actors (bot both the Showa and Heisei eras), although Kohji Moritsugu (Dan Moroboshi) did show up in the Orb Movie, that's about it since 2016.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

Oh, it's hard to pick, but i'm going to mention the ones i appreciate the most
-Max vs Dark Baltan and Max vs IF
-Gaia, Agul and Mizunoenoryu vs Zogu
-Tiga vs Gatanothor and later vs Kamearra/Demonothor
-Ultra Bros and Mebius vs U-Killersaurus NEO.
-8 Ultra Bros vs Giga Khimaira
-Mebius, Hikari, Zamsher and GUYS vs Empera
-Nearly every single kaiju fight in Mega Monster Battle and Neverending Odyssey
-All the heroes vs Belial and his army in Mega Monster Battle the movie
-Ace vs Doragory and Metron jr. (Poor Muruchi tho)

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Oh man I can't believe I forgot the big finale of Jack and MAT vs. Twin-Tails vs. Gudon.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Terasawa wrote:UM Corporation v. Tsuburaya Productions Co. Ltd.
You're a clown dude :lol:

My favorite hands down is Jack vs Muruchi in Return of Ultraman.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Reviving this thread to bring up the final battle of Ultraman Z, from the mech trio vs Destrudos all the way to the final beam clash. Legit probably my favorite kaiju fight of all time.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

They're all fun but just on a visual level the Ultraseven/Alien Metron fight in "The Targeted Town" immediately came to mind -