Marvel's Ultraman Series

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Marvel's Ultraman Series

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Didn't see a topic for this, and might as well have it in the Ultra subforum.

Discuss Marvel's take on Ultraman! Currently the first ongoing series is five issues: The Rise of Ultraman with a short part of a new Ultra Q story at the end, adding some light on this world's past. There's also three mini Pigmon adventures.

Issue #1 has been out for a little while, and there's not a whole lot to say just yet as it's mostly setup. I'm eager to see more, especially
Spoiler:
the rest of the Ultra Brothers.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Re: Marvel's Ultraman Series

Post by The Octopus »

I bought issue #1 just for the Alex Ross cover.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I read it online the day it came out. Rise of Ultraman looks very good so far and I love how Pigmon's this silly mascot for PSAs.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I like the Ultra Q back-up too. What I'm wondering about is the shot of Ultraseven and Ultraman with their hands locked. Fighting each other or sparring? Interesting if Ultraseven came first this time.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I hope Disney and Tsupro work hard together to make Ultraman more mainstream in the west. Maybe they could even co-produce and Ultra series together.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

LegendZilla wrote:I hope Disney and Tsupro work hard together to make Ultraman more mainstream in the west. Maybe they could even co-produce and Ultra series together.
It better be the Disney+ crew and not Disney Channel...

Added in 12 days 12 hours 35 minutes 9 seconds:
Out of all the kaiju I was expecting, Aboras was not one of 'em

Added in 8 minutes 55 seconds:
I will say that the lack of Ultra Q and Kaiju Steps was disappointing but overall, I liked this issue.

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

Digging Art Adams cover.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Forgot about this topic. Okay finally read issue 2. It is taking a while to get to the kaiju fighting stuff but y'know it is fine. I really like that there is a bit more head-butting when it comes to the Ultra merging and there is a lack of trust. Z: Hey we're both gonna die but if we merge we can still fight for the planet! Haruki: Kay! Ultraman: I don't think you people can evolve. Kaiju are going to take over. Shin: Wait a minute we have the kaiju issue under control!

Plus this rather unfriendly conspiracy going on in the big good secret organization. So I appreciate this sort of blend of cynicism but there is a great bit of optimism when Shin makes his declaration of 'I tasted fear but I didn't let it kill my sense of wonder!' Basically the 'we humans are flawed yes but we got potential so give us another chance!'

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Spoiler:
FIRST BATTLE!
Anyways, the absence of a rise was weird but otherwise, it was no better nor worse than the other two issues (which were pretty food).

Suica
Ronin

Post by Suica »

Just read issue 3. Does anyone else think Ultraman is a bit... small?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Suica wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:11 am Just read issue 3. Does anyone else think Ultraman is a bit... small?
Yeah. By the way, welcome to the forums!

Suica
Ronin

Post by Suica »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:01 am
Suica wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:11 am Just read issue 3. Does anyone else think Ultraman is a bit... small?
Yeah. By the way, welcome to the forums!
Thank you, long time lurker but decided to finally dive into actual posting.
I honestly had my first problem when I saw the cover art for issue three. I have to use Ebay to get them imported from the US, so I get to see a handful of the covers and I can buy the one I like most. I got my first two issues as the illustrations since they do look really good and they get the size of Ultraman right. But then I saw the illustration for Ultraman on this issue, and he's the same size as the humans. I figured it's just a cover art thing, but so far it isn't. I'm getting a bit worried.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

If a sequel series comes out, there better be a fight with that gargantuan Skydon.

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

^ I'd rather see Ultraman fight Sudar.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

The Octopus wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:32 am ^ I'd rather see Ultraman fight Sudar.
Am I suprised?

Speaking of Sudar, he was originally a fish.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Very happy they're doing another one so soon. Shows they're invested in the series and having the volume 1 tpb on shelves when the second series starts is just smart.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Sweet already pre-ordered the first issue for Trials and the trade for Rise.
They sure are selling Bemular as the ultimate monster for the summary of issue 5 for Rise. He's always been 'meh' to me. Just the first Ultraman monster. This one does look fierce though.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Anyone know what kaiju this is?

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

First thing that came to mind was Aboras then I started looking down the original Ultraman monsters. Zambolar, Zaragas and Magular are the closest that fit with the whole 'horn on nose' so either it is a pretty dramatic change or they made up a monster.