Marvel's Ultraman Series

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Re: Marvel's Ultraman Series

Post by Jermobooka »

tbeasley wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:22 am Ragon!!

The redesigns for Ultra and the Kaiju are all phenomenal. Love it
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

^
Too bad they're only in the covers.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Posting them again in better quality because good googly moogly!

A classic Art Adams interconnected piece -

Looks like #5 will be Greenmons.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

^ Here's that Greenmons cover -

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Looks like something got leaked early...
Spoiler:
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Perfect opportunity to bring Red Ronin back.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

You gotta imagine the series will end with the Ultras ganging up on Galactus, right? What are some other gigantic characters in the Marvel universe?

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Ultraman vs...

Fin Fang Foom
Shuma Gorath
Red Ronin
Galactus

... This is going to be fucking good if we get even just one of those.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:14 am Image

Ultraman vs...

Fin Fang Foom
Shuma Gorath
Red Ronin
Galactus

... This is going to be skreeonking good if we get even just one of those
Some other giant sized Marvel inhabitants I wouldn't mind see showing up in this crosssover to take on the Ultra Brothers would include another pre-Fantastic Four monster. One being the original Hulk himself, Xemnu The Titan. Who just made a rather scary appearance in IMMORTAL HULK. And to top things off, got a sweet Marvel Legends Build-A-Figure to boot last year.
And on the subject of Fin Fang Foom, the dragon's on time ally, frenemy, It, The Living Colossus.
The mutant hunting robots known as the Sentinels. Which surprisingly, when the Marvel Universe has been besieged by giant monsters, haven't been deployed to deal with the kaiju threat. See the robots are on a scale making a more even match for giant monsters.
And if your going big. There's also the Tri-Sentinel. Created by Loki in the aftermath of the ACTS OF VENGEANCE event as a parting gift in his defeat at the end of the even. This mystical fusion of three Sentinels has popped from time to time. Most recently during Nick Spenser's AMAZING SPIDER-MAN run. And this bugger would give the Ultras a run for their money.
ImageImage
Last edited by The One and Only on Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

The One and Only wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:54 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:14 am Image

Ultraman vs...

Fin Fang Foom
Shuma Gorath
Red Ronin
Galactus

... This is going to be skreeonking good if we get even just one of those
Some other giant sized Marvel inhabitants I wouldn't mind see showing up in this crosssover to take on the Ultra Brothers would include another pre-Fantastic Four monster. One being the original Hulk himself, Xemnu The Titan. Who just made a rather scary appearance in IMMORTAL HULK. And to top things off, got a sweet Marvel Legends Build-A-Figure to boot last year.
And on the subject of Fin Fang Foom, the dragon's on time ally, frenemy, It, The Living Colossus.
The mutant hunting robots known as the Sentinels. Which surprisingly, when the Marvel Universe has been besieged by giant monsters, haven't been deployed to deal with the kaiju threat. See the robots are on a scale making a more even match for giant monsters.
And if your going big. There's also the Tri-Sentinel. Created by Loki in the aftermath of the ACTS OF VENGEANCE event as a parting gift in his defeat at the end of the even. This mystical fusion of three Sentinels has popped from time to time. Most recently during Nick Spenser's AMAZING SPIDER-MAN run. And this bugger would give the Ultras a run for their money.
ImageImage
No joke, Tri-Sentinal with Dada colors would be amazing.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^It’s less cliche than having Godzilla face off against those guys. Gotta give it that.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Not gonna lie I'm trepidatious. Marvel ain't really what it used to be on the whole. But that's not to say they don't drop the odd handful of gems, and their minis/limiteds have a pretty good track record the last few years imo. I hope this series kicks ass and brings some Marvel fans into the Ultra-fold!
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Anyone heard anything about Marvel's next miniseries, The Mystery of Ultraseven; i.e., has it started already?

And I've got a good Marvel monster for the Ultras to fight: Zzzax, somehow having become a giant. I always wanted this battle with the Marvel Godzilla back in the day and never got it.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

mikelcho wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:24 pm Anyone heard anything about Marvel's next miniseries, The Mystery of Ultraseven; i.e., has it started already?
It came out last week, I believe the 18th.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Spoiler:
DINO TANK!

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

The best is back! :3

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Now THAT puts a dumb grin on my face, good to see him return. Our savior.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I gotta be honest, I have tried really hard to like this series, but frankly it sucks. As a novelty it's cool, but Higgins and Groom don't get what makes Ultraman tick, and their lore changes are soooo milquetoast. Newest issue introduces Jack in a way that just sucks. The best part of this series is the covers.
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:03 pm I gotta be honest, I have tried really hard to like this series, but frankly it sucks. As a novelty it's cool, but Higgins and Groom don't get what makes Ultraman tick, and their lore changes are soooo milquetoast. Newest issue introduces Jack in a way that just sucks. The best part of this series is the covers.
I couldn't find the desire to return to the Marvel comics after Rise, there was something about the writing that seemed way too cynical if that makes sense. Like the way 'Man himself was written threw me off so much, his dialogue seemed out of character.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos