Official "Ultraman Z" Thread

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official "Ultraman Z" Thread

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Spoiler:
Here we go

Added in 1 minute 10 seconds:
I thought Juggler summoned Five King the last time.

Added in 44 seconds:
When was the last time thye had a kaiju fight? Mega Monster Battle?

Added in 1 minute 42 seconds:
Ultroid Zero gets a horrifying new look? I guess this will mean that it'll slowly transform while fighting Zett.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

The new episode was amazing. Explained and clicked into place a lot of elements from throughout the show, had some insane action sequences, and set things up perfectly for the finale.
Spoiler:
I was neutral on Destrudos from the magazine scans, but I was waiting until seeing him in action before casting judgement, and goddamn did he not disappoint.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Spoiler:
Oh, that right there is cursed...

Added in 1 minute 2 seconds:
Is that a CGI tail!?

Added in 1 minute 38 seconds:
So that's what happens when a fireball is part of a beamclash.

Added in 51 seconds:
For a mushroom cloud-causing explosion, that was a lot less destructive than I was expecting.

Added in 2 minutes 15 seconds:
Y'know, with all this "Earth is alive" talk, this would've been a great opportunity to bring Kodalar and Kilazee/Shillagi/Chimerus(?) back.

Added in 1 minute 39 seconds:
That's a neat-looking CG Ultraman. Goddangit, stop making my need for a Shin Ultraman trailer worsen!

Added in 2 minutes 10 seconds:
Oh no.

Added in 1 minute 21 seconds:
So does this mean Celebro's basically the Showa Ghidorah of Ultraman? Or would that still go to Zetton?

Added in 51 seconds:
GRIGIO!?

Added in 1 minute 6 seconds:
Holy crap, not Yoko...

Added in 1 minute 17 seconds:
That was a good shot. I wonder if those stairs were really there laid out on the ground or if they were composited in.

Added in 2 minutes 1 second:
Wait, does this mean... Holy crap, those monsters from Episode 2 could actually appear!

Added in 55 seconds:
SATAN BEETLE!?
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Even if it’s minor, Majaba got a reference and had a still image, which is a good sign for those monsters someday making s comeback.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Spoiler:
Wait, is he gonna reveal himself?

Added in 1 minute 54 seconds:
That was a nice sh

Added in 26 seconds:
There's that skin egg.

Added in 3 minutes 13 seconds:
F F F

Seriosuly, that sucks.

Added in 1 minute 26 seconds:
I forgot the next-time song was actually Alpha Edge's theme.

Added in 1 minute 42 seconds:
I was really hoping we'd get a fight scene with Zett and Ultroid Zero. Oh well, at least Destrudos looks good.

Added in 1 minute 57 seconds:
I thought Celebro had cut off communications. How does Yuka know Detrudos' name?

Added in 2 minutes 53 seconds:
Juggler in his transformation outfit, I see? Wait, what's the point of the black clothes for Gai and Juggler anyway?

Added in 2 minutes 38 seconds:
I forgot how OP Gamma Future is.

Added in 1 minute 43 seconds:
Z JUST GOT DELETED!

Added in 3 minutes 32 seconds:
That's a tragic farewell. Z didn't even get to say goodbye.

Added in 1 minute 41 seconds:
Wait, I just realized the background of that scene was an homage to when Zoffy extracted Ultraman from Hayata.

Added in 2 minutes 12 seconds:
HOLY CRAP THE OLD OUTRO'S BACK STORAGE'S BACK THAT PAN SHOT THEFEVNRFEWCFDGYEURTF4WHNERUTGFBGRNFCWURHBTNEIWOJNFGB IU5FRNSLDC

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

INCREDIBLE.

Excellent homage to the original Ultraman. I'm still processing everything! I'll be honest an idea I had for my own Ultraman story basically happened: :lol:
Spoiler:
Main girl lead/love interest being possessed by the alien villain.
Small world for ideas haha. Figured what I thought was cool would have already been done. :P
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:38 pm INCREDIBLE.

Excellent homage to the original Ultraman. I'm still processing everything! I'll be honest an idea I had for my own Ultraman story basically happened: :lol:
Spoiler:
Small world for ideas haha. Figured what I thought was cool would have already been done. :P
Spoiler:
What do you mean about it being a homage to the original Ultraman? Also I agree about Yoko. Great turn of events and keeping her internal to the climax.

Also, I think it's pretty obvious Haruki will pilot Windom next episode. I wonder if Bako will pilot King Joe. I think that's what they were building up with him in the car scene and it would make sense.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

I just finished watching the latest episode for the third time. Man, this was a great episode! The main director for this series NEEDS to be the main director for the next Ultraman series!!!!! I didn't like Destrudo so much when I saw him on those Terebikun scans, but now I think he is definitely a very cool kaiju.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

mikenes wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:55 pm I just finished watching the latest episode for the third time. Man, this was a great episode! The main director for this series NEEDS to be the main director for the next Ultraman series!!!!! I didn't like Destrudo so much when I saw him on those Terebikun scans, but now I think he is definitely a very cool kaiju.
Hell, he should direct a Godzilla film!

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I wanna see him do a Gamera film for some reason but Godzilla could be cool too.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:27 am
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:38 pm INCREDIBLE.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
What do you mean about it being a homage to the original Ultraman? Also I agree about Yoko. Great turn of events and keeping her internal to the climax.

Also, I think it's pretty obvious Haruki will pilot Windom next episode. I wonder if Bako will pilot King Joe. I think that's what they were building up with him in the car scene and it would make sense.
Spoiler:
The end where Zoffy revived Ultraman in the red orb, looks just like Z standing over Haruki, even with being in the red orb thing.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Anyone have favorite episodes? I got a number of ones I really like.

5: Reveals it really is Juggler, great fight between Peguila and Z then a follow up with Zeppandon.
7: This is really high on my list. I don't know if the series has ever gotten QUITE as epic Z, Geed and Zero fighting a form-shifting Celebro. Even before that it was just nifty.
21: D4, really tense first with Z and Yoko on the ground trying to fight a swarm of Kelbeam. Then he has to go into space and leave her on the ground with overwhelming enemies.
23: Prelude to a Nightmare. Hard to hate an episode with 5 kaiju in it!

I'm pretty darn sure that episode 14 with Bullton is my favorite. Great action and great important character moment for Haruki. Magic duel between Gamma Future and Bullton!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

21 by far.

Also, anyone else notice the strange absence of Bemular and Pigmon? They got all the other heavy-hitters from the original series.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:50 pm
Also, anyone else notice the strange absence of Bemular and Pigmon? They got all the other heavy-hitters from the original series.
Honestly i fail to see what the heck Pigmon could've contributed to this particular show.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Who needs Pygmon when we can have Kanegon? I guess you could kinda still have Pygmon eat the coins but I think it'd be funnier and make more sense of Kanegon mistook the medals for money.

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:02 pm
mikenes wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:55 pm I just finished watching the latest episode for the third time. Man, this was a great episode! The main director for this series NEEDS to be the main director for the next Ultraman series!!!!! I didn't like Destrudo so much when I saw him on those Terebikun scans, but now I think he is definitely a very cool kaiju.
Hell, he should direct a Godzilla film!
INDEED!

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

A wonderful Ultraman Z piece made by MUGI30007073. I'm really liking that Genegarg....

Source: https://www.twitter.com/MUGI30007073

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Well, that actually managed to hurt me a bit.
Spoiler:
That last arm wrestle was heartwarmingly tragic!

All in all, a great end to the show! Finally nice to see Celebro meet his end thanks to Yuka and Shinya (surprising!) and Z learning to take on monsters without his Ultra Medals is a neat way to wrap up his journey.. well until the Movie at least.

Not sure what that golden thing was that helped Z and Haruki fight though. It looks kinda similar to Tiga's fight with Gigantothor so.. i'm guessing it's hope?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

That finale was perfect.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

A wonderful conclusion to a wonderful series.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.