Official "Ultraman Z" Thread

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Official "Ultraman Z" Thread

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

If you include the last two episodes, a very good finale to the show. The final episode had a lot of great action, steaks and tied a lot of things up nicely.

My one complaint, is that I wish we got to see Destrudos destroy more. LA was nice enough, and it was certainly better than what R/B did, but I feel like we could've gotten more. Maybe I'm being greedy and just want wanton destruction. I feel like the finale could have been four episodes in total, without an overeliance on filler.

Lots of fantastic and fun character moments, and good action.
Spoiler:
I loved the scene with the three robots working together to save Yoko. It's a great fight, and a great resolution to the robots, especially Bako and his character It actually feels a bit sad that after that it's a pretty normal fight between Z and Destrudos, but I like that the finale doesn't end on a random asspull transformation. Plus the finishing beam has some nice camera work.
Overall, best Ultraman Series since Mebius with Taiga a near second. But I sort of wish instead of making a new ultra man series, they come back with a second season.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

That thumbnail is great. Judging by the overall quality of these previous 24 episodes, this will probably be even greater. Starting now

Added in 2 minutes 47 seconds:
Spoiler:
Holy crap, what a start!

Added in 32 seconds:
YEEEEEESSSSSSSSS

Added in 35 seconds:
goddangit

Added in 3 minutes :
Y'know what? I shouldn't be distracted by constantly updating. I'll be back after the episode is finished.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

*People come out after the final battle* He beat Destrudos! Hip-hip-hooray! Hip-hip-HOO-
*King Joe STORAGE Custom lands on them* Splat!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

That............ was incredible. Ultra-incredible!

I gotta process everything, this series helped me get through this year. It's positive energy, honest characters, and passion exceeded expectations. Bravo, TsuPro!
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Series of the year. That's all I have to say.

Added in 20 seconds:
Nope, decade is better.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

The ending was pretty solid. I understand Celebro was a parasite that could infect anyone, just a shame they never really went anywhere with the kid that it had possessed for most of the series. (seeing him at the end was nice, if a little anticlimactic). It is a good series overall, but you can tell when the Ultra Series shines is when they stick to Kaiju and Alien Battles, even as they escalate. The new gen really hasn't done a great job of creating a series-long overall villain.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Loved it. Just wonderful. Focus was on the team and-
Spoiler:
The Ultraman gets to do the final fight in his base form! He doesn't get some new transformation designed to sell more toys whether it's satisfying storytelling or not! Just the Ultraman Z we know and love!

And ending with Yuka and the former host delighted at the prospect of dissecting the alien villian was such a great touch there at the end.

... and I cheered when Sevenger appeared. The new drill weapon inspired by the actor's previous performance as the Mougera pilot?
It's a bummer there'll be no new Ultraman every week.. at least for a while. I'm glad this experiment simulcasting on YouTube with subtitles has been such a success. Big hopes for the future!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

So uh. Movie ideas?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Gigantis wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:23 pm So uh. Movie ideas?
My predictions:
-Absolute Tartarus will be the main antagonist continuing the story from The Absolute Conspiracy.
-A few returning ultras from primarily the New Gen era. Betting on Taiga, Geed, Orb, and Zero.
-Closure on the Red King egg subplot.
-
Spoiler:
New ultra fusion the involving Belial and Tregear.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Just finished the finale and I had a blast watching it! This series had a solid cast of characters be they monster, human, or alien. I really liked the fact that Z defeated Destrudos in his base form as I was certain that he was gonna gain a new form when that gold light formed around him.

All in all, this series was very enjoyable and I hope that the series that follows is just as good or even better!

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

I think they've managed to figure out the scientifically perfect panic-attack inducing rhythm to the blinking of the color timer.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

If the franchise were to continue the fusion gimmick, I’d say the next logical step would be an Ultra utilizing different modes that harness the powers of one Ultra and one Kaiju each. Also, I’d say it’s time to have a green Ultra.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

Sooooo good of a finale. To make a different observation from this episode though but is Juggler’s bonsai tree there to juxtapose with him cutting down the one in Orb Origin?
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Saturndusk wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:13 am Sooooo good of a finale. To make a different observation from this episode though but is Juggler’s bonsai tree there to juxtapose with him cutting down the one in Orb Origin?
YUP!
He even mentions cutting down the tree in episode 24 when he's revealed to Haruki!

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

Angilasman wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:28 am
Saturndusk wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:13 am Sooooo good of a finale. To make a different observation from this episode though but is Juggler’s bonsai tree there to juxtapose with him cutting down the one in Orb Origin?
YUP!
He even mentions cutting down the tree in episode 24 when he's revealed to Haruki!
That I caught but the bonsai afterward triggered that thought. Also him checking out the Dyna medal before tossing it and the Tiga and Gaia medals to Haruki I’m sure was another allusion to Orb Origin.
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Great finale to an imperfect, but still very enjoyable series. Said imperfections are just the usual stuff like the short runtime and toy plugs, and considering the head writer's premature death and COVID getting in the way of things, I'd say they still gave us a solid product. I audibly cheered when Sevengar returned. Celebro-possessed Yoko is fucking hot.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I've asked about a possible Z movie previously, and now that the series is over, I've started to see a few comments. Because the Pandemic, do we know if a Z movie was even filmed? I know Taigas movie was delayed earlier this year from March to August, but all filmed before the Pandemic. I would think if there was a Z movie on the works we would have heard something by now..?? Maybe they are just waiting for Absolute Conspiracy to be done to avoid spoilers?
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

I...don't really care if we don't wind up getting a movie, as long as the cast/characters wind up appearing again to some capacity. I'd rather see a more direct crossover as apart of the next show like the Ginga S/X crossover as opposed to bloated, boring movie.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The head writer died? What? Any more information on that?

Also yeah, I don’t think I need a movie. People are forgetting but Shin Ultraman is coming out next year, so I don’t think they’ll want to bloat things with that. I do want to see the robots there though!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I think the head writer died with only like two episodes done though. So it's not like mid-way there was a massive shift.
As tvtropes list it...
Kota Fukihara was the main writer◊ of Ultraman Z since the first two episodes, but with the news of his death in May 18, Kiyotaka Taguchi took over his role as the story editor.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png