Official "Ultraman Z" Thread

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
EvaGhidorah01
Monsterland Worker

Re: Official "Ultraman Z" Thread

Post by EvaGhidorah01 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:31 pm ^There's a bunch of things they introduced and dropped. For an example, Zett only used the Z Lance Arrow twice and none of those instances were after episode 10.
I noticed that as well, although I think it is used in the episode with Ace (Episode 19).

The devil splinters plotline also gets dropped. Although to be honest, I'm fine with that since I was concerned they were going to just do another Belial revival - the show did have both Ultraman Zero and Geed in it.
Last edited by EvaGhidorah01 on Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Take that you dinosaur!" - Major Spielberg

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

For some reason I started making a list of Z's kills and what forms he uses.

Episode 5: Peguila with Fire Lance as Alpha Edge then Zeppandon with Ice Arrow as Alpha Edge
Episode 6: Gillvalis first beaten by Riku Wrecking Phoenix. Re-match has Riku using giant slash then finished with Fire Lance by Beta Smash
Episode 7: Skull Gomora beaten with flame attack and Beta Smash Z. Upper. Thunder Killer beaten by Geed/Slash alone. Pendaium Zetton frozen in place by Ice Arrow and all three hit with blasts so Zestium Beam
Episode 8: Five King beaten by Gamma Future with energy whips, blasted, frozen then uses Zestium Beam inside Five King made small.
Episode 9: Gamma Future blasts King Joe, King Joe separates but gets Gamma Held then Thunder Grenadier.
Episode 10: Barossa I as Gamma Future with Tornado Slash

So really it was more 3 episodes. I dunno it just seems like the trope of up-grading attacks. 1-4 Zestium Beam with Zestium Upper for episode 3. 5-7 Lance/Arrow. 8: Gamma Future. 9-14 started to use Z-Riser/Ultra medal attacks.

I think one thing I like about the show is it didn't over-uses stuff TOO bad. Cerebro used the fusion kaiju only once, he merged himself with only two kaiju and he did hybrid-fusion things only twice (Telesdon and Horobors though I wish he did this a little more). Then we got lots of natural kaiju.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Most likely a silhouette of Z's new, movie form.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:19 am Most likely a silhouette of Z's new, movie form.

Fake.
Last edited by MoarCrossovers on Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

MoarCrossovers wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:48 am
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:19 am Most likely a silhouette of Z's new, movie form.

Fake.
WTF is that

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

They're going to rerun the series on YouTube for international fans (region locked in Japan).

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:51 am
MoarCrossovers wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:48 am

Fake.
WTF is that
Looks like shit made fan fiction (actually I shouldn’t say that, it’s well detailed), but masquerading as real. Someone took that design and made it into a silhouette. Pretty cool.

Not gonna lie, but because of Shin Ultraman I sort of have zero interest for a Z movie. And how would they even do that anyways?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

^ The movie tie-ins are mostly forgettable fluff with no impact to 'em. Z had a great ending and I think immediately having a reunion special could diminish it.

The series was so popular I think you wait a few years to do some kind of reunion or mini series (or... continuation?) to really build intetest/hype/nostalgia.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Re: ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

Post by Saturndusk »

Rewatched the first episode of Z since it got reposted. They actually do different camerawork at the end when the medals are being picked up as there’s a wider shot to clearly see Hebikura/Juggler is the one picking up the TDG medals.
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Saturndusk wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:12 am Rewatched the first episode of Z since it got reposted. They actually do different camerawork at the end when the medals are being picked up as there’s a wider shot to clearly see Hebikura/Juggler is the one picking up the TDG medals.
Hmmm, keep us updated on the minor details!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Anyone care to guess what Ultras that Z's movie-exclusive form will harness the power of? If I were to guess, it would be Legend, Saga and Reiga.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:06 pm Anyone care to guess what Ultras that Z's movie-exclusive form will harness the power of? If I were to guess, it would be Legend, Saga and Reiga.
I am scared to see what that would look like.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:04 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:06 pm Anyone care to guess what Ultras that Z's movie-exclusive form will harness the power of? If I were to guess, it would be Legend, Saga and Reiga.
I am scared to see what that would look like.
Why? would it be too awesome and badass for your eyes to behold?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Calling it now
Z's new form will be
Spoiler:
Zearth, Nice and Shin Ultraman
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:13 pm Calling it now
Z's new form will be
Spoiler:
Zearth, Nice and Shin Ultraman
That would be stupid, but I'd also love it!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I thought we weren't getting a Z movie? I really want one, but last I heard there wasn't one, this year atleast.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Crazygon!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I finally got the time to binge-watch the show again! Man i missed it..

Manga looks pretty good in itself! All this promotion really proved just how big of a hit this show is. Hope Z continues to appear in future installments.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Angilasman wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:43 am ^ The movie tie-ins are mostly forgettable fluff with no impact to 'em. Z had a great ending and I think immediately having a reunion special could diminish it.
I'd agree with that from GingaS-Taiga (each which had a movie after it's own series), so I think we naturally just expected a Movie from Z, even with Shin Ultraman coming out.

The movies from 2007-2009 (Both Mebius Films & Ultra Galaxy) are some of my personal favorites. The Revenge of Belial (2010) and Ultraman Saga (2012) were a little less impressive IMHO, but man those first few 3 movies were pretty amazing.
Last edited by o.supreme on Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I think that if there's a Ultraman Z movie, a new form he would acquire will consist of the OG Ultraman, Tiga and Taiga. Showa. Heisei and Reiwa into one.