Shin Ultraman NON-SPOILER THREAD

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: Shin Ultraman Officially announced

Post by miguelnuva »

Gigantis wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:08 am
Cookson wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:57 am maybe connect it to Shin Godzilla
Nah, let's not. Shin Goji is better off as a standalone.
It would still technically be a stand alone if all he did was pop up Frozen.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Well hope they'll spend this time to touch up the fx a bit more.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Bummer it's delayed. Cool that the CGI has improved.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

It’d be pretty damn cool if Shin Ultra and Shin Goji were to be connected, but I think they really shouldn’t. Have the films in this “Shin series” be standalone.

Also, still incredibly hyped for this! I wonder how the fights are gonna play out
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

Honestly, I don’t know if they should be connected or not. I prefer them being their own universe, but again, who knows they can be connected and handled well. But I can’t wait for the Kaiju fights for this film.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Let me ask the question we're all thinking about: will there be Ultraman no Uta in this film?

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:39 am Let me ask the question we're all thinking about: will there be Ultraman no Uta in this film?
I'm sure there will be. Either the classic recording or a new one. Also, I think there is a possibility that we'll get the opening sequence as well.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

Not likely would be cool. It would be cool if a Shin Godzilla figure makes a cameo appearance in the film.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

So Shin Kamen Rider was recently announced (so hyped!). Looks like this’ll be a “Shin Anthology” about Tokusatsu icons. Really hoping it’s more than just a trilogy and we get Shin Gamera and Shin Super Sentai
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Jermobooka wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:15 am So Shin Kamen Rider was recently announced (so hyped!). Looks like this’ll be a “Shin Anthology” about Tokusatsu icons. Really hoping it’s more than just a trilogy and we get Shin Gamera and Shin Super Sentai
I mean, if Toho wants to really cash in on Shin Godzilla's success still, they could always call him up to work with Shin Mothra and Shin Rodan..

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Gigantis wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:24 am
Jermobooka wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:15 am So Shin Kamen Rider was recently announced (so hyped!). Looks like this’ll be a “Shin Anthology” about Tokusatsu icons. Really hoping it’s more than just a trilogy and we get Shin Gamera and Shin Super Sentai
I mean, if Toho wants to really cash in on Shin Godzilla's success still, they could always call him up to work with Shin Mothra and Shin Rodan..
Eh...I really doubt that would ever happen. It seems Anno is focusing on the big hitter Toku icons and not their side characters/monsters. It’d be really cool though!

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Good luck getting Kadokawa to release Gamera from the Gulag.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I feel like a Shin Gamera would suck if it ever happened because the point of Gamera was originally just to get some of Godzilla's clout. No other monsters, no attachment to kids, just the G-man as a flying turtle.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:31 am I feel like a Shin Gamera would suck if it ever happened because the point of Gamera was originally just to get some of Godzilla's clout. No other monsters, no attachment to kids, just the G-man as a flying turtle.
I said this before, but I personally consider the Heisei trilogy to be Shin Gamera.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:37 am
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:31 am I feel like a Shin Gamera would suck if it ever happened because the point of Gamera was originally just to get some of Godzilla's clout. No other monsters, no attachment to kids, just the G-man as a flying turtle.
I said this before, but I personally consider the Heisei trilogy to be Shin Gamera.
It doesn't really harken back to the roots of the series like Shin Godzilla and Shin Ultraman do. Shin can mean true, after all.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Shin Gamera came out in 1995. Shin Mothra came out in 1996.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

miguelnuva wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:37 pm Shin Gamera came out in 1995. Shin Mothra came out in 1996.
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:01 pm It doesn't really harken back to the roots of the series like Shin Godzilla and Shin Ultraman do.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Now that Shin Kamen Rider has been announced...I wonder if other Toku icons are gonna get the “Shin” treatment. Shin Goranger, Shin Super Sentai,(Shin Supaidaman,) and Shin Gamera would all be really cool to see

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Shin Daimajin?

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

That’s interesting got a link for it?