Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Re: Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Wait is Ultraman Zero the Chronical and Ultraman Zero Chronicles different things? Because one comes out tomorrow and isn't one on that list to be announced? Meant to ask this sooner off that list.
I kinda wish Ultraman Taro's side story was with his series just for giggles even if it doesn't sound all that hot.

GojiBerries
Samurai

Post by GojiBerries »

MaxRebo320 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:44 am omgitsgodzilla sums it up well. Most look decent to very good, sans the original Ultraman, which looks super waxy and artificial. This plagues the Japanese release too, of course. Bandai Visual actually released a new boxset last year that (At least from what I've seen) manages to look even worse, with more unwarranted noise reduction. Maybe we'll get a better remaster when 2026 rolls around.

But yeah, the audio quality is super inconsistent. I'm admittedly even less an audiophile than a videophile, but the added surround sound SFX are very distracting when played alongside the rather muffled audio. I remember back with the BCI/Mill Creek and Shout! sets, people assuming the added SFX were additions from Chaiyo made to "differentiate" their masters from TsuPro's...but that's obviously not the case.

But the Blu-Ray sets are still very much worth buying, in part because they're dirt-cheap, but also because these shows are all fantastic. The more recent DVD sets...I still haven't picked up.
ah thats a little unfortunate, I guess I'll have to think about it if I want them, theyre fairly pricy where I'm from and only the steelbooks are available, maybe I should wait for better masters, I rly wanna watch the shows at their best quality.
To love humans, you must know them. You must learn their strengths and weaknesses, beauty and ugliness. Only when you know both sides can you love this planet. - Ultraman Jack

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

daveblackeye15 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:33 pm Wait is Ultraman Zero the Chronical and Ultraman Zero Chronicles different things
They are the same thing. MC title may just be more direct, also the titles are redundant, so i cant keep them all straight. Basically any "chronicle" series is a clip show that is unnecessary.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Interestingly enough, despite the delays, the pre-order listings for Ultraseven X on most websites have updated from DVD to Blu-Ray 8-) . There is a slight price increase. I pre-ordered on Deep Discount however, and since I was already charged, I got it at the original, and slightly lower price. Please keep in mind, there are NOT 2 different releases, There is (apparently) now only the Blu Ray Release.
Last edited by o.supreme on Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09SKV49T9/re ... 215Q4YSRBP

Ultraman Mebius Preorder is up. Looks like it includes 4 movies!
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

goji1986 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:25 pm Ultraman Mebius Preorder is up. Looks like it includes 4 movies!
They call them "Movies" for advertising purposes, but it is actually 3 OVA series, and 1 actual "Movie". Mebius is one of my favorite series, so while I'm glad it is finally coming, I am not holding up much hope for the quality, the compression on this is going to be rough...

I imagine discs 1-5 will be 10 episodes each of the series (50 episodes)

disc 6 will contain (*I'm guessing)

OVA-1 Ultraman Mebius Side Story: Hikari Saga (2006) (3 episodes 13 minutes each)
OVA-2 Ultraman Mebius Side Story: Armored Darkness (2008) (2 episodes 25 minutes each)
OVA-3 Ultraman Mebius Side Story: Ghost Reverse (2009) (2 episodes 27 minutes each) * This was also the setup for the Ultra Galaxy Film & Finally:
Ultraman Mebius & Ultraman Brothers (2006)

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

After Mebius we just need what Cosmos, Nexus, and Max correct and we'll be caught up on Ultraseries that MC has the license too, well that Ultra Kids animated show too. I'm hoping during Ultraman day this year Mill creek announces that they've acquired Taiga and Z. I'd also love for Trigger but I know that won't happen yet.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I've heard a lot of bitching about the subtitles on The Ultraman and Gridman. Are they really that bad?
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Lecontinentperdu
Monsterland Worker

Post by Lecontinentperdu »

Dont know for Gridman, but as The Ultraman goes, they are subpar, yes, but get the job done. Can't say that for the picture quality, though...

KaijusHunter
Samurai

Post by KaijusHunter »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:09 pm I've heard a lot of bitching about the subtitles on The Ultraman and Gridman. Are they really that bad?
Yes, they'e really all not that great. The worst case of the two is clearly The Ultraman. But I managed to watch all episodes of both shows with these subtitles.
“For the next 30 minutes, you'll experience a parting of mind from body and become swallowed into this mysterious time.”

Grimlock#1
Monsterland Worker

Post by Grimlock#1 »

So is Amazon ever going to put the Superior 8 movie on their site? It's really odd that it's been up on a few other sites for months now yet Amazon still hasn't put up the pre-order (or I just can't find it).
"Operator, give me the number for 911!"
Space Hunter M wrote:Ah, you and your corns. Great. When you and the MUTO meet, be sure you tell him all about your corn problems.
"MECHAGGGGGGGGGGGGG!"

spookymizu
Ronin

Post by spookymizu »

Grimlock#1 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:28 am So is Amazon ever going to put the Superior 8 movie on their site? It's really odd that it's been up on a few other sites for months now yet Amazon still hasn't put up the pre-order (or I just can't find it).
I'm pretty sure this is it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09NL ... UTF8&psc=1

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Yeah there's something weird about the name search on that one. I ordered from deep discount while back, but if not for the Amazon link on Blu-Ray.com, it's impossible to find via search.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Ironically, on the day they were originally supposed to be released, it seems both U7X and the superior 8 Bros film now have been delayed for a third time to April 5th... :mad:

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Next set of Mill Creek releases have been announced for June.

We're getting the two Ultraman Zearth movies and Ultrakids 3000 both on DVD but Zearth could be changed to BD.
Last edited by gvamp on Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Amazon links for any who are interested: June 28th

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09VYDTB5Z/?c ... _lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09VYFNSS4/?c ... _lig_dp_it

gvamp wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:04 pm We're getting the two Ultraman Zearth movies and Ultrakids 3000 both on DVD but Zearth could be changed to BD.
I certainly hope so...

Millenial88
Interpol Agent

Post by Millenial88 »

gvamp wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:04 pm Next set of Mill Creek releases have been announced for June.

We're getting the two Ultraman Zearth movies and Ultrakids 3000 both on DVD but Zearth could be changed to BD.
Both Zearth movies already had a BD release in Japan, so I’m guessing they’ll change at some point
Last edited by Millenial88 on Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I'm thinking its a typo because they said the same thing about Ultraseven X and that turned out to be a BD release. So all we need now is Ultraman Cosmos, Neos, Nexus, and Max and we'll be caught up with the shows that Mill Creek has. I'm guessing the last four releases will get announced on Ultraman Day this year. I'm also hoping that they announce they got Taiga.

PC Specs

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Getting these last 4 series will probably be roughly 1 per month to finish out 2022.

I'm hoping on Ultraman day Mill Creek announces a new contract with TPC that has several older additions, not just the newest shows of the past 3 years

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

o.supreme wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:24 pm Getting these last 4 series will probably be roughly 1 per month to finish out 2022.

I'm hoping on Ultraman day Mill Creek announces a new contract with TPC that has several older additions, not just the newest shows of the past 3 years
I wouldn’t be angry if they spread those 4 out til the end of the year. But regardless, Ultraman Day should give us something new and big. I was expecting a stateside Tsuburaya/UltraCon pre-Covid. Would really like to know if that was even a discussion then or not.
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.