Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Angilasman
G-Grasper

Re: Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

Post by Angilasman »

^ We've no idea what the next releases will be!

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Saturndusk wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:46 pm Mebius and The Ultraman should be the next announced sets correct?
These are indeed exciting times. As stated above, nobody knows exactly what the next announcement will be, everything previously shown on MC previous schedule, and talked about by Keith Aiken at Kaiju Con last year is now known, and has a release date. If they keep the same pattern it would be logical that the next releases would be The Ultraman and Ultraseven X. But again, nobody knows for sure. I'm hoping we get some sort of press release in the next 3 weeks, when Leo comes out on BRD, or just before then.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I've decided if I don't have a delivery estimate by next week for Ultraman Leo I'm going to cancel my Amazon preorder and order from Best Buy and get it a day before launch. I'll end up spending like $5 more but at least I'll know when I'll be getting my set.

I don't know what the deal with Amazon is as of late but they've been super late on all Movie releases. My ShoutFactory King Kong 76 is estimated to arrive between May 16-May 25th. The June Ultra releases got updated today with a release between June 25th-July 2nd. WTF?
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Lecontinentperdu
Monsterland Worker

Post by Lecontinentperdu »

I'm waiting for Taro to reach my house, then it'll be Leo Time.
Hope i'll survive this run (second half of Ace is really disappointing, but still is good solid MOTW, and I love that old school fare)

Meanwhile, those New Gen (or whatever those are called) releases still tease me. Part of me wants to see that.

But each time i hit the "youtube curiosity" button and watch small parts of the shows, I always find them noisy, childish, cheap and, most of all, awfully ugly.
Only Neo Ultra Q seems to have some cinematic qualities (albeit that "grey" soft filter, so modern subpar digital TV style).

Do you think I should try?

The completist in me is inclined to. The cinephile in me is inclined not to.
Those two are battling a Kaiju war in my brain.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Lecontinentperdu wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:01 am Meanwhile, those New Gen (or whatever those are called) releases still tease me. Part of me wants to see that.

But each time i hit the "youtube curiosity" button and watch small parts of the shows, I always find them noisy, childish, cheap and, most of all, awfully ugly.
Only Neo Ultra Q seems to have some cinematic qualities (albeit that "grey" soft filter, so modern subpar digital TV style).

I am more of a fan of classic Ultra Series as well. But I am also a completionist, so I have everything MC has offered so far. With respect to the New Age heroes (everything form 2013 on). Everyone has different opinions. For me personally I find Orb to be the one I enjoyed the most, followed by Geed, then X. The rest are just kind of mediocre-bad IMHO.

A lot of people seem to like Z, but it is still so fresh in my mind from just having finished it, and I've not seen any of Taiga, so I can't really judge those yet
gvamp wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:04 pm I've decided if I don't have a delivery estimate by next week for Ultraman Leo I'm going to cancel my Amazon preorder and order from Best Buy and get it a day before launch. I'll end up spending like $5 more but at least I'll know when I'll be getting my set.

I don't know what the deal with Amazon is as of late but they've been super late on all Movie releases. My ShoutFactory King Kong 76 is estimated to arrive between May 16-May 25th. The June Ultra releases got updated today with a release between June 25th-July 2nd. WTF?
Sometimes Amazon is just wonky. The dates for the Ultra Galaxy Releases haven't officially changed..yet...as far as I know, but like you, Amazon changed my estimated date, perhaps they are anticipating a shortage of supply initially. Also, yes I have no estimated date for the Leo BRD. I figure I'll keep my Amazon order until release day, if it hasn't shipped, I may take a chance and actually go into a BB store, and have them do a price match right there. Some stores have been carrying the Ultra BRD in small quantities. I know BB does price match online as well, but you actually have to order the item first, then call customer service etc... too much hassle.
Last edited by o.supreme on Thu May 06, 2021 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

Lecontinentperdu wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:01 am I'm waiting for Taro to reach my house, then it'll be Leo Time.
Hope i'll survive this run (second half of Ace is really disappointing, but still is good solid MOTW, and I love that old school fare)

Meanwhile, those New Gen (or whatever those are called) releases still tease me. Part of me wants to see that.

I think I’ve said this before, but I loved Z. Series director Kiyotaka Taguchi has directed several Ultra episodes in the past, and you can always tell when it’s him because he tries to push the boundaries of VFX and tokusatsu. It may not always look photo-realistic but it makes you sit up and notice that they’re trying something new. He brought that ingenuity to the series and it shows, from the opening scene of Episode 1 and onwards.

Just check out the first 5 minutes if you wish.

https://youtu.be/2Ia9YsDuE0E
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

Lecontinentperdu
Monsterland Worker

Thanks for your replies. I kind of dig that some Showa lover can endure those, and even find some of them good. So I guess I'll try!

On the opposite time-spectrum, do you think that buying The Birth of Ultraman is a good move?
Speaking as a guy that don't give a skreeonk about the dubs, and only want to see that TV stage premiere... (a bonus that should have TOTALLY been included in the 66' Ultraman BRD, kind of a cheap move by MillCreek)
Is at least interesting? And I don't even know its duration. One hour?

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

^ The Birth special is an oddity that doesn't have much value beyond curiosity (though there are some charming bits).

As for it being cheap for Mil Creek to not originally include it as an extra: this mini set is a preview of some sort of special edition release for the original Ultraman with extras that Mill Creek is planning. The holdup is in trying to assemble the best materials for the dub tracks for all the episodes.

Lecontinentperdu
Monsterland Worker

Mmm, kind of a curious way to tease... Thanks for the info.

But this TV special is so japan-ish that it feels at odds with a selection of dubbed episodes.
It (to me) should totally have been in the first set, like they put movies, specials and whatever OVT or other curious stuff (it's hard to keep track of what is what, especially because most of the titles are more of the same 'battle monster galaxy and co') in their New Gen releases.
EDIT: better yet, it should have been in the Ultra Q set! Since this series is the shortest of the bunch, and the the TV special is a bridge between Q and Ultraman. That would have been a good move... But hey, what's done is done.

I don't plan to (re)buy the OG series since I don't need those dubs, being a purist and french (no nostalgia here).
So I guess that if I want that special, this Birth disc is a best move than wait for the whole series.
Last edited by Lecontinentperdu on Fri May 07, 2021 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

^I think Mill Creek just wanted something special for last year's Ultraman Day, so the disc with the extra stuff they'd already assembled (Birth special and some of the dub tracks they'd gotten so far) then tying that in with Marvel's comic via the Alex Ross cover - well, that was what they went with!

I wonder if they'll have some special announcement this year?

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I guess I wasn't exactly truthful when I said I purchased EVERY Ultra MC Offering. I honestly forgot about the "Birth" special. As stated above, it was a promotion for Ultraman Day, and was exclusive to DeepDiscount (though I think you can get it on MC site as well). I skipped it because, as I am a huge fan of the English dub and grew up with it- I have the BCI DVD sets for now, and having a few random episodes on BRD wasn't necessary. If the whole series is ever released with the dub, I'll get it.

I do think "Birth" would have been a nice bonus on either the Ultra Q or Ultraman BRD, but oh well, there's not enough incentive for me to get it on it's own.

Lecontinentperdu
Monsterland Worker

To be honest it's on A.... N for 15 bucks.
Thats not cheap for one hour (?) of sd b&w tv :'(

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

o.supreme wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:45 am Sometimes Amazon is just wonky. The dates for the Ultra Galaxy Releases haven't officially changed..yet...as far as I know, but like you, Amazon changed my estimated date, perhaps they are anticipating a shortage of supply initially. Also, yes I have no estimated date for the Leo BRD. I figure I'll keep my Amazon order until release day, if it hasn't shipped, I may take a chance and actually go into a BB store, and have them do a price match right there. Some stores have been carrying the Ultra BRD in small quantities. I know BB does price match online as well, but you actually have to order the item first, then call customer service etc... too much hassle.
Heads up o.supreme Best Buys are getting away from physical media so you may want to just order directly through them. I did forget about the price match though so I'm going to give it until Monday if Amazon doesn't give me a ship date I'm cancelling and going with Best Buy.

I'll keep the June Ultra releases at Amazon because I'm getting $40 off both sets from my Amazon store credit card rewards.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Thank you. I am aware. I actually went into a BB about a month ago, and it was pretty sad looking. I don't expect to.fimd the BRD set on day one, but I figure it's worth a shot, otherwise I'll just keep my Amazon pre order

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Heads up for Best Buy. They won't do a price match until after release date. I ended up preordering from them any way because I still don't have a release date from Amazon and Amazon usually keeps their prices the same at launch so I'll be fine.

The only stupid thing was that they charged me $3.99 for delivery :\

PC Specs

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

I'm going through my collection right now and deciding what to buy next. I have:
Ultra Q
Birth of Ultraman special
Ultraman
UltraSeven
Return of Ultraman
Ultraman Ace
Ultraman Taro
Neo Ultra Q
Ultraman Orb: The Origin Saga
Ultraman Orb
Ultraman Geed
Ultraman X
Ultraman Ginga/Ginga S
Ultraman R/B

I see pre-orders on Amazon for:
Ultraman Leo
Ultra Galaxy Mega Monster Battle
Ultraman Zero Collection

Am I missing anything so far?
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Pretty sure that is everything.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

daveblackeye15 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:33 pm Pretty sure that is everything.
Great, I just finished redeeming the digital codes of the last batch I had bought after Christmas and pre-ordered the next 3 releases, so I should be caught up on the collection!
Now just to start watching some more of these series.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Yep that's everything. Leo digital is available for purchase on MovieSpree now. I still don't have a delivery estimate for Leo BRD on Amazon despite it's release being just 10 days away. I hope some early reviews show up on YouTube soon. I've been more than ready for this for several months.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

For those who've redeemed their MovieSpree codes, I just redeemed my codes for Birth of Ultraman, Neo Ultra Q, Ginga/Ginga S, R/B, and Taro. The codes all redeemed, I got emails saying they're redeemed, and I can see them all in my library, but for R/B and Taro when I click on them from my library to go to the portion of the site to view them it asks me for rent/purchase options. Is this a common problem?