Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Re: Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

Post by gvamp »

o.supreme wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:26 am Yes UGMMB & UGMMBNEO (Plus the Ultra Galaxy Movie) are all supposed to be in one set. Then the Zero Movie and Saga will be seperate releases (but each film will have connecting OVA's with it), those are the most immediate releases, not sure in what specific order however. It would be nice though to get something in the next 3 months before Leo's release to fill the void.
Keith Aiken already confirmed that there's no releases until Leo I forgot where but someone asked him what this month (February) and March had and he said there's no Ultra releases until Leo in April. My guess is we'll get Leo in April and probably something in June. I thinking Mill Creek is going to take a break and release a series every two months or so.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Thank you. I know back at the kaiju Con they originally had Leo slated for February, that has obviously changed. It's unfortunate that the pandemic continues to no doubt effect all these releases. I believe that had initially thought to get pretty much every ultra series out in about a 3 year span, it's looking like it's going to be more like 5 or 6 years. The initial wave of releases every month was nice, but I understand why it can't be maintained, just a little disappointing is all...
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

o.supreme wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:10 am Thank you. I know back at the kaiju Con they originally had Leo slated for February, that has obviously changed. It's unfortunate that the pandemic continues to no doubt effect all these releases. I believe that had initially thought to get pretty much every ultra series out in about a 3 year span, it's looking like it's going to be more like 5 or 6 years. The initial wave of releases every month was nice, but I understand why it can't be maintained, just a little disappointing is all...
I kind of like the newer time frame though to be honest - more forgiving on a budget.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I kind of like it as well it gives me more time to go through a series. Though I've been going through them in order starting with the Showa stuff. Once I finish Taro I might go through Toward the Future on YouTube since that appears to be a standalone series.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

StreamOfKaijuness
Monarch Researcher

Post by StreamOfKaijuness »

Angilasman wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:53 am ^ Then a few months later one of the main guys at Mill Creek did an interview on Cereal at Midnight's YouTube where he all but came out and said it was in the works and the Birth of Ultraman exclusive was a preview of things to come.
Thanks for the tip. I found the video and the whole interview is great but here's the key bit for those interested:
It's safe to say that this is not it, right? What we've done thus far is not the totality of how we intend to release and continue to treat this franchise. The Ultraman Day exclusive, The Birth of Ultraman, was just kind of a hint and a preview of how we want to continue to take and treat the franchise and have more diverse releases that have greater appeal. English dubs is an ongoing search and an ongoing pursuit to obtain. It's also very challenging but there are plenty of conversations happening on how we can potentially re-release and re-imagine everything with all these appeals. So, we're not done, we've got a lot more to come.
Based on that, I still don't want to get my hopes up about TPC having found the rest of the original Ultraman's English-dubbed audio masters, but I'm glad that the search continues and that Mill Creek is eager to re-release the series with the dub when they can.

Here's the Cereal At Midnight video interview with Barrett Evans of Mill Creek for anyone else who's interested. They start talking about Ultraman at the 40:44 mark and the above quote is from the 43:18 mark.

o.supreme wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:26 am Yes UGMMB & UGMMBNEO (Plus the Ultra Galaxy Movie) are all supposed to be in one set. Then the Zero Movie and Saga will be seperate releases (but each film will have connecting OVA's with it), those are the most immediate releases, not sure in what specific order however.
Ultraman Saga isn't planned to be bundled with any side stories, although it will have the English dub.

gvamp wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:44 pm I wonder what we'll get after Leo in April? I hope they start doing the Heisei stuff like Tiga but chances are we'll probably get Mega Monster Battle Ultra Galaxy.
In addition to the titles that o.supreme mentioned, Keith Aiken said during Kaiju Con-Line last July that Ultraman Zero: The Chronicle (2017 recap series) was among Mill Creek's immediate post-Leo plans for 2021. At that time the plan was for all of those titles to be Spring releases, and now Leo isn't even being released until April, so all of these plans are tentative and subject to pandemic circumstances. Keith also said that Mill Creek would eventually release The Ultraman and Ultraman 80 after they had released the classic seven series, so unless anything else gets bumped up to the forefront, these will be the next releases after Leo, with no currently set dates or sequencing:
  • Ultraman Zero: The Revenge of Belial + Ultraman Zero Side Story: Killer the Beatstar
  • Ultraman Saga
  • Ultraman Zero: The Chronicle
  • Ultra Galaxy: Mega Monster Battle + Never-Ending Odyssey + Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legends The Movie + Ultra Galaxy Side Story: Ultraman Zero vs. Darklops Zero
  • The Ultraman
  • Ultraman 80
Considering how the pandemic has already hindered Mill Creek's Ultra rollout to some extent, I think we'll be lucky to get those six releases by the end of this year on top of Taro and Leo.

MaxRebo320 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:38 pm Considering the Ultra Galaxy shows aren't on Blu-Ray in Japan as of yet, Tiga, Dyna and Gaia (which are) seem a lot more likely.
This is what Keith said about Tiga, Dyna, Gaia and Max last July:

It will probably be 2022 when Mill Creek finishes releasing the 2000s shows, and it's possible that they won't get to the '90s shows until 2023.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

^ I'm down for any dubs they find. If all they can find is, say, a few episodes of Ultra Q or the Hawaiian Ultraseven or the various attempts to bring over Joenius I'd totally buy a "lost dubs" grab bag release.

Also, while we know Omni Productions dubbed Ultraman Max (it's the version on Toku) I've read that Meibius was also dubbed into English and released in the same markets the Max dub was?

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

https://mobile.twitter.com/movie_SPREE/ ... 6214622211

Might just be a social media account wildin', as is often the case, or maybe Mill Creek is already planning to branch out and acquire toku outside of the Tsuburaya deal?

I wouldn't mind at all!

m0nster01
Samurai

Post by m0nster01 »

Leo is available for preorder on Amazon, 45.99 for plastic, 55.99 for steelbook.

I hope Mill Creek isn't having money problems.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

m0nster01 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:26 pm Leo is available for preorder on Amazon, 45.99 for plastic, 55.99 for steelbook.

I hope Mill Creek isn't having money problems.
Those are MSRP. They'll drop down to $20-30 eventually.

m0nster01
Samurai

Post by m0nster01 »

Ah, that's a relief.

This year is already expensive enough for me.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

I haven't been buying the steelbooks, but I like how the whole squad is assembled on the Leo cover. Fitting end-of-an-era move
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

spookymizu
Ronin

Post by spookymizu »

Got my new Return of Ultraman booklet from Mill Creek today.

I am shocked at the level of changes that had to be made throughout it. Additionally, this new edited version is full of grammatical verb tense inconsistencies that drive me crazy to read.

Doesn’t Tsuburaya have to approve the booklets before they are published?

At any rate, it was super cool of Mill Creek to print and send the new booklet.

(Edited for typo - yes, I see the irony.)
Last edited by spookymizu on Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

The grammatical issues have always been there with most sets as far as I know. What was wrong with your first RoU booklet?
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

spookymizu
Ronin

Post by spookymizu »

Mill Creek put up an online form to allow buyers to have a new edited booklet sent to them. It seems that Tsuburaya wanted some extensive edits done. Many things have been changed. Quite a few of the synopsis of the episodes have been rewritten. The bios of the characters have been changed, in addition to the mistake of the wrong picture of the first captain being corrected. There are also some factual corrections in the introductory paragraphs. The layout of the monster descriptions has been moved to be more chronologically sound too.

Like I wrote... ... a lot of changes.
o.supreme wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:27 pm The grammatical issues have always been there with most sets as far as I know. What was wrong with your first RoU booklet?

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Cool. I'll apply for mine!

spookymizu
Ronin

Post by spookymizu »

Angilasman wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:51 am Cool. I'll apply for mine!
You can find the link in a Feb 17th article on SciFi Japan.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

^ Honestly, the sets so far have been so above and beyond anything I thought we would get officially released here, much less so reasonably priced! If some garbled translation here and there was the price to pay? No big deal. The fact they are going back and improving things is icing on the cake it shows me their continued commitment!

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Yeah I agree with Angilasman. I don't mind some errors...but at the same time I'm a completionist so I applied for the booklet. Gonna keep the old version.

spookymizu
Ronin

Post by spookymizu »

Oh, I totally agree. I have bought every set from Mill Creek, and will continue to do so. I love the sets! I kind of wish I had not gone the Steelbook route on the early series sets. It's a pain getting the discs out of the spindle, but how can I really complain. Excellent sets of my favorite series.

On the other hand, just a wee little bit more editing/proofreading could go a long way.

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

Good on Mill Creek. Reminds me of their Gamera 3 subtitle fiasco, where everyone who initially bought the release got not one, but TWO replacement discs after the initial replacement had DIFFERENT wonky subtitles.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132