Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Re: Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

Post by gvamp »

o.supreme wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:24 pm Getting these last 4 series will probably be roughly 1 per month to finish out 2022.

I'm hoping on Ultraman day Mill Creek announces a new contract with TPC that has several older additions, not just the newest shows of the past 3 years
What are they missing for older titles? I was under the impression they had pretty much everything as for as older titles go with the exception of a few things because of licensing issues.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Well there are several compilation films and kiddie anime ( other than the one we are getting) But as far as original content there is:

Andro Melos TV series
The Ultraman Story ( (Movie 1984)
Ultraman the Adventure Begins
Ultraman Great
Ultraman Powered
Ultra Q the Movie
Ultra Q Dark Fantasy
Ultraman Tiga Final Odyssey

There's also other TPC Toku shows like Mirrorman, Fireman,Jumborg Ace etc....
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

o.supreme wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:27 am Well there are several compilation films and kiddie anime ( other than the one we are getting) But as far as original content there is:

Andro Melos TV series
The Ultraman Story ( (Movie 1984)
Ultraman the Adventure Begins
Ultraman Great
Ultraman Powered
Ultra Q the Movie
Ultra Q Dark Fantasy
Ultraman Tiga Final Odyssey

There's also other TPC Toku shows like Mirrorman, Fireman,Jumborg Ace etc....
Also Heisei Ultraseven
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

What is my deal with Heisei Ultraseven? 🤣🤣. That's twice I've forgotten it, even though I went and tracked down all the fansubbs last time we had this conversation.

Seriously though...I'd definitely love to have all these series and films if Mill Creek can make it happen.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

o.supreme wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:58 am Amazon links for any who are interested: June 28th

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09VYDTB5Z/?c ... _lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09VYFNSS4/?c ... _lig_dp_it

gvamp wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:04 pm We're getting the two Ultraman Zearth movies and Ultrakids 3000 both on DVD but Zearth could be changed to BD.
I certainly hope so...
It's been known for a while but wasn't stated here. These 2 releases have been pushed back to July 26th. Only 2 more weeks until *hopefully* Mebius is released.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Did we ever get an answer as to why Mebius is going to be on DVD as opposed to BD?

On a side note I finally got around to starting Dyna. I'm on disc 2 and so far I'm enjoying the series a lot. My only complaint is the master on this seems to be fuzzy. I might have to turn on some post processing on my TV to improve it.

That being said I do hope we get the BD releases o Tiga, Dyna and Gaia eventually even though they're upscaled. The comparison video that Tsuburaya posted on YouTube looked great even though it was compressed.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

gvamp wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:13 pm Did we ever get an answer as to why Mebius is going to be on DVD as opposed to BD?
Same reason as to why TDG are on DVD: that's the show's native resolution. Either Mill Creek declined the upscaled masters or Tsuburaya didn't offer them.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

goji1986 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:37 pm Same reason as to why TDG are on DVD: that's the show's native resolution. Either Mill Creek declined the upscaled masters or Tsuburaya didn't offer them.
Ah that makes sense. I was under the impression that Mebius was a native HD release and not an upscale.

PC Specs

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Now does TsuPro have the ability to license Ultra Q: Dark Fantasy? That was a Shochiku production if I remember correctly, and done through a production company established by one of the Tsuburaya children.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Unfortunately Dark Fantasy. Was not included in the deal between.TPC and MC back in 2019. I'm really hoping that for Ultraman Day in a couple months we get some sort of news on a new contract, but I've not heard any rumblings.

I got confirmation my copy of the Mebius DVD shipped from Best Buy, should hopefully be here tomorrow.

Ultraman Kids and the Zearth Movies come out July 26.

No dates have been announced yet for the few remaining Titles MC has:
Neos
Cosmos
The Next/Nexus or
Max

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The ones I'm looking forward to the most and they're the only ones with no release date yet. Still hoping Nexus will have the DX episodes. I see no reason for them not to.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Just got confirmation from Amazon that my copy of Mebius won't arrive until June 1st now. They most likely didn't get stock in on time. Which is fine, I won't be watching the show until I get through Neos, Cosmos Nexus and Max first, plus the two Zearth movies.

Like o.supreme I'm hoping for Ultraman day Mill Creek announces that they have Taiga and Z along with some of the other stuff the older stuff they didn't have access too. Like Ultraman Nice.

PC Specs

KaijusHunter
Samurai

Post by KaijusHunter »

gvamp wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:33 pm Like o.supreme I'm hoping for Ultraman day Mill Creek announces that they have Taiga and Z along with some of the other stuff the older stuff they didn't have access too. Like Ultraman Nice.
There is no point in releasing Ultraman Nice, a series of TV commercials, on home video.
“For the next 30 minutes, you'll experience a parting of mind from body and become swallowed into this mysterious time.”

Grimlock#1
Monsterland Worker

Post by Grimlock#1 »

Did anyone else's copy of Mebius come without a slip cover?
"Operator, give me the number for 911!"
Space Hunter M wrote:Ah, you and your corns. Great. When you and the MUTO meet, be sure you tell him all about your corn problems.
"MECHAGGGGGGGGGGGGG!"

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I just looked at Mill Creek's website and Ultraman Mebius is on it.

And I also noticed that Secrets of The Rise of Ultraman is sold out on said website. Boy, am I glad I got that one when I did, along with The Birth of Ultraman.

Speaking of which, when I got my copy of The Birth of Ultraman, there was a small tear on the top front of the slipcover due to shipping. Does anyone here have a spare slipcover for this Blu-ray they don't need or don't want any more - untorn and in excellent condition, of course? If so, please PM me and we'll talk terms. Thanks!

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

mikelcho wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:39 am I just looked at Mill Creek's website and Ultraman Mebius is on it.

And I also noticed that Secrets of The Rise of Ultraman is sold out on said website. Boy, am I glad I got that one when I did, along with The Birth of Ultraman.

Speaking of which, when I got my copy of The Birth of Ultraman, there was a small tear on the top front of the slipcover due to shipping. Does anyone here have a spare slipcover for this Blu-ray they don't need or don't want any more - untorn and in excellent condition, of course? If so, please PM me and we'll talk terms. Thanks!
You should reach out to Mill Creek, I got a Mega Monster Battle set without the slip. When I called they sent me a new one.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:54 pm
mikelcho wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:39 am I just looked at Mill Creek's website and Ultraman Mebius is on it.

You should reach out to Mill Creek, I got a Mega Monster Battle set without the slip. When I called they sent me a new one.
Okay, thanks! I'll try it and keep you posted.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Just got notification that my Mebius set shipped and will be here on Thursday. That was a nice, pleasant surprise. As I stated earlier though I won't be getting to it anytime soon.

PC Specs

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Grimlock#1 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:19 am Did anyone else's copy of Mebius come without a slip cover?
Yes. Unfortunately this is normal. I believe this is the first standard retail release without a slipcover of some type (aside form some of the movie Walmart exclusive releases).

Other Mebius Info I posted on Blu-Ray.com can be found here:

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.ph ... 0&page=193

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I got my Mebius release today, and well I have to replace it two of the discs arrived loose and had scratches on them. Just requested a replacement from Amazon will probably get it Saturday or Sunday.

PC Specs