Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
o.supreme
Futurian

Re: Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

Post by o.supreme »

I guess my brain just processes media differently. I have the 60s Batman on BRD as well as all the Showa Ultraman that MC has released on BRD. The BRD are nice, but the shows still look like a product of their time. Tiga on DVD still looks newer to me than any of those shows.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Yeah, I wouldn't say old film-sourced stuff looks newer, but it does tend to look better. Tokusatsu at 30fps always just feels very strange to me.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

mwbworld
Yojimbo

Post by mwbworld »

I'm just catching up on this all now since I was on vacation. But yeah I'm disappointed (but not surprised given the circumstances) that we're getting DVD instead of blu-ray. Sill I'm getting them and will enjoy having them (starting to pre-order them as they get listed!)

Michael

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Hi, so I am completely new to this series. Ultra Q seems really interesting to me, as I read that it is like The Twilight Zone but with Kaiju. Do I just go from there to the next and next series chronologically?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Anguirus wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:06 pm Hi, so I am completely new to this series. Ultra Q seems really interesting to me, as I read that it is like The Twilight Zone but with Kaiju. Do I just go from there to the next and next series chronologically?
Yeah, I'd say that's a safe bet to start on.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Anguirus wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:06 pm Hi, so I am completely new to this series. Ultra Q seems really interesting to me, as I read that it is like The Twilight Zone but with Kaiju. Do I just go from there to the next and next series chronologically?
As MGBro said, yeah, starting there and then moving chronologically to Ultraman makes perfect sense.

I've never thought the Twilight Zone comparison was entirely apt, by the way. The Outer Limits is probably the closer analogue.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Sweet! I ordered the Ultra Q steelbook from Best Buy! Anyone know how long the sale is going on for? I might buy Ultraman as well.

Edit: I see I have 10 days according to Best Buy. Sadly, the steelbook version of Ultraman is out of stock, so I just went with the regular Blu Ray.
Last edited by Anguirus on Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

You can stream most of the Mill Creek-released shows for free at Tubi, in case you'd rather sample some of them before buying the Blu-rays.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Terasawa wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:31 am You can stream most of the Mill Creek-released shows for free at Tubi, in case you'd rather sample some of them before buying the Blu-rays.
Sure, if he wants to be a coward about it.
Last edited by eabaker on Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

eabaker wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:34 am
Terasawa wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:31 am You can stream most of the Mill Creek-released shows for free at Tubi, in case you'd rather sample some of them before buying the Blu-rays.
Sure, if he wants to be a coward about it.
Is "try before you buy" not one of the Ultra Pledges? It should be, anyway. (:
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Thanks for the info! Now I can also sample the Showa Gamera movies along with Ultraman!

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

There is now a pre order link for Tiga on Amazon

Ultraman Tiga DVD https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09B4SGPDF/re ... YM6PQKX9CW
Last edited by o.supreme on Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Boom did it in a heartbeat.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Why the fuck are they not releasing the series on Blu-ray?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Literally read the last few pages.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

UltramanGoji wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:00 pm Literally read the last few pages.
What pages?

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

This is page 44, Go back to page 42 and start reading posts with relevant information about the upcoming Tiga DVD set from Mill Creek.

As for me. Amazon just delivered my Gridman BRD set. I believe this is the first time since these Mill Creek releases have been coming out, I actually have an item on day one 8-)
Last edited by o.supreme on Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Almost forgot about Gridman! Preordered a few days ago. Should be here by tomorrow!
Last edited by Angilasman on Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

The Gridman set overall (Discs, packaging, booklet), all look really great. I was a little surprised there is no translation of the opening theme song during the episodes, but oh well. The brief history in the beginning of the booklet mentions Superhero Samurai Syber Squad. I wonder if a DVD (or BRD) rerelease is a possibility? I had both DVD sets, but when I saw the crazy prices some people were willing to pay for the 1st volume, I sold them (I have digital copies saved), but if a budget rerelease of the whole series were offered, I'd probably pick it up again.

Can't wait for The Ultraman, and 80 on 9/14 8-) .

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

I know folks are complaining that the new subs are just the janky TOKU and YouTube subs that have been proofread and revised instead of a new translation... but I'm two episodes in and they read fine to me.

:shrug:

If I didn't know about the problem beforehand I'm not sure I'd know there was a problem. They're certainly not the worst subs I've encountered! The only real annoyance is lack of subs for the next episode previews.