Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
StreamOfKaijuness
Monarch Researcher

Re: Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

Post by StreamOfKaijuness »

DeepDiscount has another exclusive blu-ray disc coming for this year's Ultraman Day on July 10, The Rise of Ultraman, with nine more episodes of the original series featuring the classic English dub as a second audio option!

Ep.03 - Science Patrol, Move Out!
Ep.21 - Breach the Wall of Smoke
Ep.28 - Human Specimens 5 & 6
Ep.29 - Challenge to the Underground
Ep.30 - Phantom of the Snow Mountains
Ep.31 - Who Goes There?
Ep.34 - A Gift from the Sky
Ep.35 - The Monster Graveyard
Ep.38 - Spaceship Rescue Command

Between this and The Birth of Ultraman disc from last year, there will be 16 episodes of the original Ultraman available on BRD with their classic English dub tracks, almost half the series! Keep digging up those dubs, TPC!

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Something I didn't notice until it was pointed out on the Bluray.com thread (I just registered there)....It appears moving forward there will be no more Digital copies included (This is true for UGMMB, Zero, and Gridman), In fact, UGMMB & Zero aren't even available for purchase digitally on Movie Spree. It personally doesn't affect me. They are nice for convenience, but certainly I'd rather have the physical copy. It would be nice though, for some of these smaller sites such as MovieSpree, Funimation etc... to somehow link up with Movies Anywhere (after all that was the purpose instead of having digital redemption codes for every studio and distributor), so you can watch your movies all in one place be it iTunes, Amazon, Vudu etc...

Also, take this with a HUGE grain of salt, but I guess there are rumors that Mill Creek *may* release some of the Ultra Series on standard DVD, if that is the only format available. I actually think SD on BD would be a nice compromise, It seems to be working for Discotek as one example. But i guess we will see. It would be nice of they could release all they that is available on BRD first, allowing for TPC to obtain more HD material for series that haven't been converted yet...but I guess we will see. Hopefully this summer Keith (or someone else) will host a panel as they did last year letting us know what to expect for the latter part of 21, and into 22 with Mill Creek and Ultraman.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

I think elimination of digital copies is a result of the partnership with Shout! Factory. Making Tokushoutsu more exclusive, you know?

I don't mind for DVD only for standard def shows, but blu-rays do have way nicer subtitle formatting. SD on Blu is great, but some labels have found the technical side of it frustrating.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Don't give an iota about the digital copies. They don't apply to any of the digital services I use (iTunes/Movies Anywhere/etc.) and I haven't even used the codes I got anyway. No loss on my end.

I really hope they do SD on BD if they're thinking of releasing standard-def only shows. It's the most anal thing but DVD cases take up way more space on my shelf than Blu-ray cases and I'd rather not break up the synergy of the other shows I already have.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Got shipping notification today from Amazon in regards to the new releases. They're saying they'll be here Saturday but they normally come sooner than the expected date.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

gvamp wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:03 pm Got shipping notification today from Amazon in regards to the new releases. They're saying they'll be here Saturday but they normally come sooner than the expected date.
Same deal for me.
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

I feel like they may as well just put out the entirety of the original Ultraman with the Dub option. At this point, they are going piecemeal and putting episodes out Dubbed, all out of order.

Might as well just do a proper release with all of the episodes dubbed and in order.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

I mean, yeah, I think that's the plan once they find them all.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Amazon has charged me for both releases, but only shipped UGMMB, which it says isn't arriving until 6/25.... Unless Amazon is shipping ground now, hopefully it will get here before the next 8 days. As for Zero, it says arriving July 7 still even though it hasn't shipped yet...I'd defintely cancel my orders if they hadn't charged me already (which is odd because they usually never charge me until after the item ships).
omgitsgodzilla wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:38 am I mean, yeah, I think that's the plan once they find them all.
Not saying there's a conspiracy or anything, but it does seem a little convenient that in the last year, they've *found* just enough episodes in English, unedited to fill another BRD release for Ultraman day...??
Last edited by o.supreme on Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

omgitsgodzilla wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:38 am I mean, yeah, I think that's the plan once they find them all.
So I mean...are these dubs just scattered about the planet like Dragon Balls...to the point where they 'find 7-9, then we need to do a Blu Ray release, then we can find the next 7-9, then do another release'....are these Dubs THAT scattered and hard to find and put together? I'm no expert, so maybe they are.

It just seems like an odd pattern...and wouldn't it be more worthwhile to find them all? Or try to find a consecutive amount...like episode 1-10, then focus on the next batch?

Just seems weird to go about it so randomly...and then put together these pretty well rounded releases, just for them to be kind of shotgun-random-sprayed onto these releases in pretty random batches?

I'm no expert, it just seems like not the best strategy....or at least carries a bit of a transparent "We are going to double dip all of this later" type of vibe.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Keith Aiken said on Facebook that they're doing a new subtitle translation for Gridman. Mill Creek teasing exciting announcements for Ultraman Day next month.

And, on a personal note: the Zero movies will arrive at my home this weekend. We eatin' good. 👍

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Yeah I finally got a confirmation, my Zero movies and GvK will arrive tomorrow by end of day. UGMMB was shipped via USPS on Tuesday instead of Amazon themselves for some reason. As of yesterday afternoon it was in a city 2 hours from where I live, but I have no idea when I'll actually get it *hopefully* tomorrow. :?

Keith's discussion with Bob Johnson last year was definitely a highlight. Hopefully this year they will do something similar. I am not on FB or any other major social media platform. I don't regret it, but I do miss out on the occasional cool bit of news.

m0nster01
Samurai

Post by m0nster01 »

UGMMB seems to be sold out on Amazon, however BestBuy lists it on their site and for a decent amount.

Just gotta wait for my next payday...

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Both sets came today. Correct slipcovers and everything!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Angilasman wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:32 am Keith Aiken said on Facebook that they're doing a new subtitle translation for Gridman. Mill Creek teasing exciting announcements for Ultraman Day next month.

And, on a personal note: the Zero movies will arrive at my home this weekend. We eatin' good. 👍
Sweet. Hopefully we'll start getting announcements for the Heisei stuff. That's where a majority of my interest lies anyway.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

So basically with these two most recent releases, Mill Creek has released everything (as far as newer series) from

Ultra Galaxy Mega Monster Battle (2008)* through Ultraman R/B (2018) . Sans of course any series which are basically clip shows. I'm ok not having those, I just want purely series, movies, and OVA's which feature new content and advance story lines.

I'm also not too keen on the fact that both OVA's Darklops and Beatstar are on the same disc, since revenge of Belaial takes place in between, and may confuse some fans trying to watch everything in chronological order.

*I now realize that 2 of the Mebius Side stories were releases in 2008 & 2009, however, I anticipate that all 3 side stories, and BOTH Mebius Movies will come with the Mebius series set, whenever that is released.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Just picked up Ultra Galaxy and Ultraman Zero sets from Best Buy. So glad to finally be able to watch these on an actual TV screen and not my computer monitor. Ultra Galaxy is what originally made me take the deep plunge and got me hooked into Ultraman after only having access to most of the original series in the early 00's. Going to be a fun night tonight, for sure. Got two bags of beef jerky, some Baja Blast and nothing but time to kill. Gonna' roll through Ultra Galaxy in one big binge.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

So I completely forgot Ultra Galaxy was shot on Video ( I believe this is the first release we get in this format). It looks amazing in HD!

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Got my sets in yesterday and no issues what so ever. One of the discs was loose on the Ultraman Zero set but it was fine no major damage. It'll probably be awhile before I get to them as I want to watch the series in order of release because I heard a lot of the newer series have callbacks to older series.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

SaiyanRider54
Interpol Agent

Post by SaiyanRider54 »

So my Leo, MMB, and Zero sets didn’t come with booklets. Is this normal? Just making sure since I remember that being a mistake a while back that a couple releases were missing their booklets.