Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Funny because Hollywood likes to do the opposite.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Getting away from the Blu-ray/DVD/SDBRD discussion: I'm super excited for Gridman, The Ultraman, and 80! I haven't seen these shows and the packaging is badass! I've loved the cover art consistently, but I think these are the best so far - especially the groovy one for the anime!

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Super Excited as well

Gridman- I've seen/own all of SSSS, and back in the day I had a VHS compilation of all the Gridman fight scenes, but this will be my first time actually watching the original show.

The Ultraman- I've had the 2 VHS dubs for years, and I managed to see a couple random episodes a couple years back, it will finally be nice to watch the whole series.

80- I've seen the first 4 episodes, and a couple other random ones. I was very tempted to get Malay DVD's a few years back (Like I did for Jack, Ace and Taro), but held off, I'm glad I did.

*This is especially nostalgic for me because way back in 1982, my parents took me to a small Japanese sci-fi convention at a local hotel. They had a few TV's broadcasting different shows to the audience. I remember seeing a "New" Ultraman that I had never seen before. This was the first time I came to realize there was more than just one Ultraman, and my 6 year old mind was blown! (I figured out years later it was 80 episode 3)
Last edited by o.supreme on Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

StreamOfKaijuness
Monarch Researcher

Post by StreamOfKaijuness »

Best Buy is currently selling Mill Creek’s Ultra releases at big discounts. Amazon is price-matching them while supplies last.

Ultra Q$10.99Best BuyAmazon
Ultra Q Steelbook • $13.99Best Buy

Ultraman$10.99Best BuyAmazon
Ultraman Steelbook • $13.99Best Buy

UltraSeven$10.99Best BuyAmazon
UltraSeven Steelbook • $13.99Best BuyAmazon

Return of Ultraman$10.99Best BuyAmazon
Return of Ultraman Steelbook • $13.99Best BuyAmazon

Ultraman Ace$10.99Best Buy
Ultraman Ace Steelbook • $13.99Best BuyAmazon

Ultraman Taro$12.99Best BuyAmazon
Ultraman Taro Steelbook • $15.99Best BuyAmazon

Ultraman Leo$23.99Best BuyAmazon
Ultraman Leo Steelbook • $28.99Best BuyAmazon

Ultra Galaxy: Mega Monster Battle Series+Movie • $17.99Best BuyAmazon

Ultraman Zero Collection • $17.99Best BuyAmazon

Neo Ultra Q$6.99Best BuyAmazon

Ultraman Ginga Series+Movie • $13.99Best BuyAmazon

Ultraman X Series+Movie • $10.99Best BuyAmazon

Ultraman Orb Series+Movie • $10.99Best BuyAmazon

Ultraman Orb: The Origin Saga$5.99Best BuyAmazon

Ultraman Geed Series+Movie • $10.99Best BuyAmazon

Ultraman R/B Series+Movie • $13.99Best BuyAmazon

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

UltramanGoji wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:25 pm
Lyle Goff, Quality Assurance Manager, Mill Creek Entertainment wrote:Unfortunately, there will only be DVD releases for these two titles. The masters are in standard definition and this precludes the titles from having a Blu-ray release.
Oh, come on. I don't want dozens of fuck-huge thick-ass DVD cases wasting space on my shelves. Bad enough the Showa Blu-rays are as big as they are. Plus, I don't want my favorite Ultra show (Mebius) on such a bland format.
I have a potential solution, simply stack them ontop of each other!

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

StreamOfKaijuness
Monarch Researcher

^ No human being would stack discs like this!

SciFi Japan has posted the official announcements for Gridman on BRD and The Ultraman and Ultraman 80 on DVD from Mill Creek.

They confirm that all three of these sets will include episode guide booklets, and they even have photos of the Gridman booklet cover and the wraparound box art.

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

StreamOfKaijuness wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:00 am ^ No human being would stack discs like this!

SciFi Japan has posted the official announcements for Gridman on BRD and The Ultraman and Ultraman 80 on DVD from Mill Creek.

They confirm that all three of these sets will include episode guide booklets, and they even have photos of the Gridman booklet cover and the wraparound box art.
They also confirm at the bottom that the lack of a Japanese bluray release is the reason for these being SD.
* Neither THE ULTRAMAN nor ULTRAMAN 80 have been released on Blu-ray in Japan so HD elements are not currently available.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

God, what happened to SciFi Japan's web design?
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

omgitsgodzilla wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:23 am God, what happened to SciFi Japan's web design?
A bit OT, but I've had concerns about this for a while. The main page was well maintained until a couple months ago. The Forums went down however well over a year go at the start of the pandemic. I emailed Keith directly about this in April of 2020, about only a month after they had been down. He said bob Johnson was in charge of that portion. I mean personally I know forums are kind of *archaic* for some, but it's still how I best like to communicate with everyone. I don't belong to any of the major social network groups, but I guess that is where most of the conversation (and toxicity) exists.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

A lot of old SFJ articles are now inaccessible, too.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

StreamOfKaijuness
Monarch Researcher

The SciFi Japan website is in the process of being completely upgraded away from its old blog-esque design to something easier to navigate. It's a tremendous undertaking and they've had some programming issues but they're working on it.

It's unrelated to the phpBB issues that have plagued the SciFi Japan / Club Tokyo / Monster Zero message board since 2018 and left it broken since last March.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

The MZ message board was on life support anyway. Taking it offline was akin to a mercy killing.

The Club Tokyo toy database is in the process of being completely overhauled.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

StreamOfKaijuness wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:59 pm The SciFi Japan website is in the process of being completely upgraded away from its old blog-esque design to something easier to navigate. It's a tremendous undertaking and they've had some programming issues but they're working on it.

It's unrelated to the phpBB issues that have plagued the SciFi Japan / Club Tokyo / Monster Zero message board since 2018 and left it broken since last March.
That's a relief! Honestly a lighter color scheme could be good, though it would be very different. As it is, it looks a bit like an incomplete design or two designs smashed together; it's usable but a little harder to look at. Glad it's not a deliberate/permanent design choice.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Legion1979 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:59 pm The MZ message board was on life support anyway. Taking it offline was akin to a mercy killing.

The Club Tokyo toy database is in the process of being completely overhauled.
Oh good I thought it was shut down permanently. Glad to know its just getting an overhaul.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

StreamOfKaijuness wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:52 am Best Buy is currently selling Mill Creek’s Ultra releases at big discounts. Amazon is price-matching them while supplies last.
Thanks for sharing, finally got around to ordering Taro and Leo.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Mill Creek will be announcing the rest of their Ultra releases for this year on Ultraman Day, which is tomorrow!

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Cool. If there is just one release per month for Oct-Dec (since we know everything up through September). I'll be happy.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I'm hoping Tiga is on the list but that's probably not until next year.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

gvamp wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:20 pm I'm hoping Tiga is on the list but that's probably not until next year.
Given that it's Tiga's 25th Anniversary this year, it would be great if they did release it.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You