Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
o.supreme
Futurian

Re: Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

Post by o.supreme »

I had a couple of issues like that. Sometimes when you enter too many codes in succession MovieSpree can't handle it. Just trying logging out, then back in, and re-enter the code. ( That worked for me) If it still doesn't work, you can contact MIll creek and they can send you a new code.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

o.supreme wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:53 am I had a couple of issues like that. Sometimes when you enter too many codes in succession MovieSpree can't handle it. Just trying logging out, then back in, and re-enter the code. ( That worked for me) If it still doesn't work, you can contact MIll creek and they can send you a new code.
Thanks! All I had to do was log out and log in again, no need to re-enter the codes.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

StreamOfKaijuness
Monarch Researcher

Post by StreamOfKaijuness »

Lecontinentperdu wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:09 am On the opposite time-spectrum, do you think that buying The Birth of Ultraman is a good move?
Speaking as a guy that don't give a skreeonk about the dubs, and only want to see that TV stage premiere... (a bonus that should have TOTALLY been included in the 66' Ultraman BRD, kind of a cheap move by MillCreek)
Is at least interesting? And I don't even know its duration. One hour?
Beyond its historical value in offering a glimpse of Japanese television promotion in 1966, what makes The Birth of Ultraman so special is that it includes rare footage of the man himself, special effects extraordinaire Eiji Tsuburaya. He even speaks briefly in front of the live audience!

It's as long as an episode of Ultra Q or Ultraman, about 25 minutes.

Vakanai wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:32 pm Am I missing anything so far?
One way to keep up with the latest Ultra releases from Mill Creek is to check the first post of the big thread at blu-ray.com. Starsteam keeps it updated with images and it also includes a link to a more comprehensive guide.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

StreamOfKaijuness wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:12 am
Lecontinentperdu wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:09 am On the opposite time-spectrum, do you think that buying The Birth of Ultraman is a good move?
Speaking as a guy that don't give a skreeonk about the dubs, and only want to see that TV stage premiere... (a bonus that should have TOTALLY been included in the 66' Ultraman BRD, kind of a cheap move by MillCreek)
Is at least interesting? And I don't even know its duration. One hour?
Beyond its historical value in offering a glimpse of Japanese television promotion in 1966, what makes The Birth of Ultraman so special is that it includes rare footage of the man himself, special effects extraordinaire Eiji Tsuburaya. He even speaks briefly in front of the live audience!

It's as long as an episode of Ultra Q or Ultraman, about 25 minutes.

Vakanai wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:32 pm Am I missing anything so far?
One way to keep up with the latest Ultra releases from Mill Creek is to check the first post of the big thread at blu-ray.com. Starsteam keeps it updated with images and it also includes a link to a more comprehensive guide.
Thank you for the resource!
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

mwbworld
Yojimbo

Post by mwbworld »

Vakanai wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:32 pm I'm going through my collection right now and deciding what to buy next. I have:
Good timing for me seeing this since I've been watching Ultraman on Tubi TV (finished UltraQ and watching Ultraman.) And just ordered UltraQ and Ultraman blu-rays and was looking for what next. :D

So I did those preorders and will work my way through buying the other Mill Creek releases. Good times!

- Michael

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Hm haven't had that one happen.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Well we are just 5 days away from Leo's supposed Blu Ray release date. Has anyone seen any early reviews online? MC usually sends out advance copies as promotion. However I've only seen one review so far, and that person only got the steelbook release, not the standard one. For the record, Amazon still hasn't given me a delivery date for this set, and the June 15th releases both have a July 7th delivery date. It's just odd...
Last edited by o.supreme on Thu May 20, 2021 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

o.supreme wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:44 am Well we are just 5 days away from Leo's supposed Blu Ray release date. Has anyone seen any early reviews online? MC usually sends out advance copies as promotion. However I've only seen one review so far, and that person only got the steelbook release, not the standard one. For the record, Amazon still hasn't given me a delivery date for this set, and the June 15th releases both have a July 7th delivery date. It's just odd...
Got June 11th from Amazon for me last I checked
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I literally just got an update from Amazon on my phone. Scheduled to arrive Tuesday May 25th. Yay! :applause:

m0nster01
Samurai

Post by m0nster01 »

Mine still says June 2-21.

Remember when 2 day shipping was really 2 day shipping?

m0nster01 does.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The site says May 25th but we'll see.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I got shipping confirmation from Best Buy today. If its like past Best Buy orders I've made I'll have it Monday. I'll probably spend the day going through the first disc since I have the day off. Tuesday after work I'll do a chat with Best Buy support and get my price adjustment for the $27.xx that Amazon is selling it for.

When Mill Creek gets around to releasing Ultraman 80 I'll probably just go through Best Buy instead of Amazon because Amazon has been really bad with movie releases as of late. The only way I'll stick with Amazon is if I have a bunch of money from rewards from my Amazon Store Card.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

So when's 80?
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

LamangoKaijura wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:34 pm So when's 80?
End of the year if we’re lucky, considering there’s no a Japanese Bluray release yet.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

So weird to think we just need The Ultraman and 80 to complete the Showa era.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Anyone want to take a guess as to what the next release is? Mill Creek's August releases should be announced soon, and if we assume one of the regular 2 month gaps between releases...

* fingers crossed for TDG trilogy *

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

If they keep the same pattern, Ultraseven X, and The Ultraman should be next. I'm eagerly awaiting news as well, as it will be the first truly NEW news since Kaiju Con last July.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

I would be very surprised to see TDG released this year with a chance of Tiga being an end of year release

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

I'm really hoping they dabble in the other Tsuburaya heroes like Mirrorman.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Well supposedly they're gonna release Gridman so its highly possible.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983