Official "Ultraman Trigger" Thread

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official "Ultraman Trigger" Thread

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:04 am
o.supreme wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:16 pm Totally their fault because they don't like reading about Superman being prison raped, because that is so bold and different, and not at all DC allowing the fan fiction of a sick mind to be published.
Honestly, this has to be one of the funniest things I've seen this year (so far).

Anyways, this is the Ultraman Trigger thread so back to on-topic discussion. A rumored plot summary for Episode Z just came out and
Spoiler:
Jesus, did Yoshiyuki Tomino write this or something?

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Smells too fake to me.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

I’m just surprised they didn’t spoil a new form in that teaser.
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Uh what's episode Z? The last episode?

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

daveblackeye15 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:27 pm Uh what's episode Z? The last episode?
The Post-Series Movie.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:04 am
o.supreme wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:16 pm Totally their fault because they don't like reading about Superman being prison raped, because that is so bold and different, and not at all DC allowing the fan fiction of a sick mind to be published.
Honestly, this has to be one of the funniest things I've seen this year (so far).

Anyways, this is the Ultraman Trigger thread so back to on-topic discussion. A rumored plot summary for Episode Z just came out and
Spoiler:
What's the supposed plot?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:18 pm
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:04 am

Spoiler:
What's the supposed plot?
Spoiler:
I didn't read all of it but Evil Trigger destroys Nursedessei and kills everyone on board, essentially pulling a Leo episode 40.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Okay let's say the above is SOMEHOW true.
Spoiler:
Okay I expect the main trio is safe but we lose the annoying supporting cast so yay! Wait what about the magnificent handsome captain? Okay that's bad hm meh hm but we'd lose useless strong guy and woman that shouts when piloting. Wait what if the STORAGE cast became the supporting cast? Like even minus Hebiki/Juggler? Kill them! Kill them! Worth it. (Almost) Nothing is lost.
Last edited by daveblackeye15 on Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

daveblackeye15 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:39 pm Okay let's say the above is SOMEHOW true.
Spoiler:
Okay I expect the main trio is safe but we lose the annoying supporting cast so yay! Wait what about the magnificent handsome captain? Okay that's bad hm meh hm but we'd lose useless strong guy and woman that shouts when piloting. Wait what if the STORAGE cast became the supporting cast? Like even minus Hebiki/Juggler? Kill them! Kill them! Worth it. (Almost) Nothing is lost.
Spoiler:
Yeah, going off the trailer, I'm getting more vibes that the Captain is Trigger Dark. If this is true, I REALLY look forward to seeing how they play it. A surprisingly dark, but absolutely wonderful twist... Especially with just how god f'n awful Trigger's cast is. If its true, I do want to put a few dollars down on a bet and say by the end, the human cast is brought back to life.
Though, how does Z fit into all of this, I wonder.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:31 am
daveblackeye15 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:39 pm Okay let's say the above is SOMEHOW true.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Yeah, going off the trailer, I'm getting more vibes that the Captain is Trigger Dark. If this is true, I REALLY look forward to seeing how they play it. A surprisingly dark, but absolutely wonderful twist... Especially with just how god f'n awful Trigger's cast is. If its true, I do want to put a few dollars down on a bet and say by the end, the human cast is brought back to life.
Part of that is the other thing I remember from the "leak".
Spoiler:
Apparently, the main villain corrupts Zett and turns him against Trigger. I personally don't believe it considering it's most lilkely an explanation for his red eye and that's likely just because Evil Trigger punched him in it.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:42 am
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:31 am
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Part of that is the other thing I remember from the "leak".
Spoiler:
Apparently, the main villain corrupts Zett and turns him against Trigger. I personally don't believe it considering it's most lilkely an explanation for his red eye and that's likely just because Evil Trigger punched him in it.
Spoiler:
Would be a good time to re-emphasize the Devil Splinter since Z dropped it as a plot point and it’s only casually mentioned since if that

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Really digging the design of Megalothor. I'm very glady they kept Gatanozoa... Thor's... upside down face and roars. I do feel Gatano was done better though, being his own entity and not just some dark God being controlled by Carmeara. I'm glad the series is ending on a bit of a high point and it picked itself up. I'd officially rank this series better than R/B at this point. Gives me some real hope for the movie.

Quote of the Year:

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I've enjoyed the last couple episodes as well, and I'm sure the finale will be interesting. However I think I finally understand what bothers me the most. I understand from the outset the idea that Trigger is a "New Generation Tiga" (it's in the title, I get it), but it is this dichotomy of... *We want to tell our own story*, but at the same time , *use as much from Tiga as we can, but make it slightly different*, that bothers me.

It's like the saying...give me hot water, or cold water, if it's luke warm, I'm going to spit it out. I mean they give us essentially the same trio of villains from the Tiga Final Odyssey Movie, even similarly named, and similar personalities, just slightly different, because hey...it's a different universe.

Then we actually DO have one character that crossed over from Tiga's earth, and a single underwhelming Tiga cameo. Now the final boss' is morphing into something vaguely homaging the final monster from Tiga.

Yes there are plenty of differences to be sure, and homages are not a new thing in Ultraman, it just comes off weird here for some reason. I mean most of the New Gen series have had a nice mix of new Monsters as well as appearances from Showa and Heisei era. No convoluted explanation is needed, but they all pretty much tell their own story. Mebius (one of my all time favorites), was great BECAUSE it was a true return to the Showa era timeline. You had guest appearances by almost everyone, and it all made sense, leading into the introduction of Ultraman Zero which really opened the Multiverse.

Had Mebius been set on yet ANOTHER alternate earth, but tried to do the things it did, I don't think it would have been nearly as great. I still think Trigger would have been better off actually set in the same universe/same earth as Tiga and Dyna. Or, failing that, be something completely new and original like Ultraman Z.

Hopefully whatever comes next is better, and they drop the blended 'kinda the same but different' idea. I don't want to see Not quite Dyna in the next series.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

In about an hour, Ultraman Trigger comes to an end.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Yes it's over! Okay I still have to watch the last two episodes...
They really should have given the 'lower deck' team an episode to shine. Give some more shine to jock guy and pilot woman so they wouldn't feel so tacked on...yeah kind of the problem with the rest of Guts-Select they just felt tacked on just to be a team.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Annnnd its over. Finale was just a rehash of the last episode of Ultraman Tiga, but I guess that's too be expected. We seen it before and it was done better before. I do like Trigger Truth's design, hope we see it again. The whole "inheriting the light" from others sequence was just needlessly tacked on. It had meaning and depth to it way back because Tiga is actually DEFEATED by Gatanothor at that point. Here? It's just a new upgrade to a new upgrade, both introduced in the same (last) episode. So yeah, that's about it.

What a surprise that whole Martian soil plant had no meaning what's so ever in the long run.
What a surprise I still hate the whole human cast.

And the "fate unknown" ending is completely undone by the whole fact we have a movie coming out in less than a month.

Quote of the Year:

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Should I set up a thread dedicated to discussing Ultraman Decker?

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:17 pm Should I set up a thread dedicated to discussing Ultraman Decker?
No reason not to, right? I'm not sure how to feel about Decker. Not a fan of the name, worried how they're gonna treat Dyna's legacy, but shit it's good to move on from Trigger.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I'm not too enthusiastic for Decker, especially after the inconsistent trainwreck that was Trigger.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:36 am I'm not too enthusiastic for Decker, especially after the inconsistent trainwreck that was Trigger.
Maybe we’ll get the bounce back from Trigger to Decker like from R/B to Taiga