Official "Ultraman Trigger" Thread

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official "Ultraman Trigger" Thread

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Saturndusk wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:33 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:51 pm
daveblackeye15 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:13 amI still like it more than R/B.
I'll agree with this at this point. The only thing keeping this (or saving it rather) from being worse than R/B is the fact the main baddies (Dark Giants) aren't nearly as bad as R/B's baddies.
But realistically, that’s a very low bar to clear.
Very true. Though, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see the Dark Giants cross paths with Juggler.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Eh, I think R/B's villains are better than the Dark Giants. Aizen is a lot of fun, and while Saki is wooden and unmemorable (and the whole shtick with her mentioning historical figures was stupid), she at least has a clear-cut objective and a semi-compelling character arc. What little the Dark Giants have is uninteresting or just stupid (Darggon in love is about the dumbest thing ever), and the show just isn't nearly big enough to fit all three of them. Maybe they'd work better in a Sentai show or something, but here? They should have been combined into one character rather than just making carbon copies of the Dark Giants from Final Odyssey. Or preferably, have the villain be more of an omnipresence akin to Gransphere or maybe even Kyrieloid.

This show is almost unwatchable.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Okay R/B is a low bar but even that I didn't hate watching. I just feel more disappointment for Trigger and I will keep watching it but I feel kind of wistful of what it could be. I mean the action is good and I do like some of the characters.

Hm so both Z and and Trigger had past Ultras show up in episode 19. Did Taiga do this too? Because Z and Trigger ALSO had the guest-Ultra-for-a-two-part thing happen pretty close to the same spots.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

daveblackeye15 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:32 pm Okay R/B is a low bar but even that I didn't hate watching. I just feel more disappointment for Trigger and I will keep watching it but I feel kind of wistful of what it could be. I mean the action is good and I do like some of the characters.

Hm so both Z and and Trigger had past Ultras show up in episode 19. Did Taiga do this too? Because Z and Trigger ALSO had the guest-Ultra-for-a-two-part thing happen pretty close to the same spots.
Zero showed up around the time frame in Taiga.
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

In random, interesting lateral news, There’s a clip going around of Raiga Terasaka doing his Trigger transformation bit before his run on the upcoming Sasuke/Ninja Warrior season.
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

So updated Trigger and a new Gatanozoa-ish thing?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:39 pm Image

Looks pretty interesting. Here's to hoping that they don't completely waste it like they did with Metsu-Orga/Metsu-Orochi...

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Dracosaurian wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:07 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:39 pm Image

Looks pretty interesting. Here's to hoping that they don't completely waste it like they did with Metsu-Orga/Metsu-Orochi...
Same. The picture quality is garbage, but it looks like it has Camearra's (or whatever her name is) head crest. But someone else also pointed out it could be related to this new guy:

Quote of the Year:

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Oh... That looks cool! Perhaps it might be some evolved form if they're indeed related.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I personally liked this week's episode but I feel Barriguiller has nothing to him that warrants not being Gorothunder.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Have yet to watch the newest episode but I'm a bit excited about next weeks episode due to what monsters are set to appear.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Without a doubt the best episode since the Z crossover. Though I too found repainting Goro Thunder pointless. Maybe if they had called him "Goro Lightening" or something, I could get behind it more. Here's hoping they don't cock-up Banilla and Aboras.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

We are getting a movie! Evil Tiga and Z. Hope its better than series, but I have some hype.

Quote of the Year:

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Looks a million times better than the majority of the series, already! It’s really cool how this is serving as the movie for both Trigger and Z. Plus, Evil Trigger’s finally a thing! Took me a minute to recognize that it wasn’t just Evil Tiga, though.

EDIT: Just found an HD unobscured pic of the Evil Trigger suit. I can’t post it just yet (on mobile) but I feel like they should’ve paid a bit more attention to his face than just recoloring normal Trigger.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Oh my god yes I Z and Haruki!
Oh and uh hi Trigger I guess...
Okay I do like the main Trigger trio and the dark giants but I'm three episodes through a Z marathon and I'm remembering why it is just so good. I feel like Trigger has a more ambitious story attempt but there's too many missteps and lord the rest of the crew, minus the magnificent captain, are either just there or annoying. I did like the Maru detective/recap episode though. I feel like their recap episodes have been improving.
Last edited by daveblackeye15 on Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I heard so e fans say the reason why there was no Z movie was because of Shin Ultraman, and they didn't want to oversaturate. This clearly isn't the case. I think it was more pandemic related than anything else.

So the Trigger movie comes out in March, and Shin Ultraman 2 months later in May. Plus we have the 3rd part of Ultra Galaxy Fight to fill in the gap between the end of Trigger and the movie. It's going to be fun for sure 👍
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

o.supreme wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:18 am I heard so e fans say the reason why there was no Z movie was because of Shin Ultraman, and they didn't want to oversaturate. This clearly isn't the case. I think it was more pandemic related than anything else.

So the Trigger movie comes out in March, and Shin Ultraman 2 months later in May. Plus we have the 3rd part of Ultra Galaxy Fight to fill in the gap between the end of Trigger and the movie. It's going to be fun for sure 👍
And copyright details/leaks for the next series are already starting to trickle in.

ULTRAMAN... Decker.
Spoiler:

>Name's Ultraman Decker
>Ultraman from future
>Villain is a boy who's also from the same future
>Design is asymmetrical, color timer position is similar like Nice's
>Haro-like (from Gundam) Hanejiro
>Defense force is the successor of GUTS-SELECT
>Trigger will make some appearance with new weapon (shared with Decker)
>Defense force battleship looks like Deathfacer and have the concept that similar to King Joe (can be seperated into some parts)
>Said battleship can also gattai with MG5

These bits seems to come from Tieba Baidu, i can't find it in that 5ch thread.
>Henshin item is a biker hand protector, looks similar to Taiga Spark but bigger
>Henshin gimmick is a card
>Masayoshi Takesue is the director
>Chinese trademark in January

Quote of the Year:

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:12 pm
Spoiler:
>Masayoshi Takesue is the director
Y'know, I was dreading the possibility of another New Generation TDG series but this has kinda quelled my fears a bit.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Yeah, the new leaks sound distinct enough from Dyna that I don't mind what I hear so far. Especially the color timer being in a different spot than traditionally, if true.

Oh and I'm excited for the new movie. Happy Z is getting the spotlight again.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Wait isn't that director the guy who directed R/B?
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-