Official "Ultraman Trigger" Thread

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official "Ultraman Trigger" Thread

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Well, Gamakujira's Gamakugira now. Dunno how to feel about that.

Added in 32 minutes 36 seconds:
Just finished it. Glad to say that the Z episodes have absolutely rubbed off on this one.
Spoiler:
Wasn't expecting to see Gargorgon actually fall in two before exploding, that's for sure. seven-level gore when?

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Oh hey might be the best episode yet! Or at least the best episode emotionally. Cut back a bit on the action for some emotional punch.
Gargorgon is a great design and monster but there's a problem with it being so powerful. Either it gets to demonstrate how tough it is like in it's two part debut in X or it doesn't get to turn the hero into stone and gets beaten early. At least this showing was a bit better than it's R/B appearance.
Kind of the same with the great Greeza...it's such a powerful creature that it can't be reduced to fodder but it's second appearance in Z treated it well.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

So this new episode confirms Trigger takes place in a different universe than Tiga and Dyna, that is kind of disappointing.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

o.supreme wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:36 am So this new episode confirms Trigger takes place in a different universe than Tiga and Dyna, that is kind of disappointing.
That was kinda obvious from the get go.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I just watched the latest episode and it gave me an idea. Considering that girl's dad (whatever his name is) stated that he came from a parallel universe, namely the Tiga/Dyna universe, maybe that could be a good template for future Godzilla films to connect to past continuities.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

New.episodes of Trigger were pretty cool! The Haruki two parter episodes were probably the best episodes so far!

Added in 10 minutes 17 seconds:
The most recent episode was interesting finding out
Spoiler:
Trigger takes place in a different universe, I figured it would but wasn't certain since I've never watched Tiga before.
Last edited by UltimateDitto on Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Until this latest episode, there was no proof. I mean Tiga is in the subtitle of the series. It is set up as a sequel. Even the science team is a newer version of Guts. Many Kaiju prominent in Tiga reappear . Mars is prominent as it was in Dyna. Making Trigger in a different universe weakens the series IMHO.
Last edited by o.supreme on Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

o.supreme wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:25 am Until this latest episode, there was no proof. I mean Tiga is in the subtitle of the series. It is set up as a sequel. Even the science team is a newer version of Guts. Many Kaiju prominent in Tiga reappear . Mars is prominent as it was in Dyna. Making Trigger in a different universe weakens the series IMHO.
Honestly i disagree. If it was set in the Neo Frontier universe, we'd probably be asking "Okay, so why aren't Tiga and Dyna helping out when there's clearly a big threat coming to Earth?"

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:08 am
o.supreme wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:25 am Until this latest episode, there was no proof. I mean Tiga is in the subtitle of the series. It is set up as a sequel. Even the science team is a newer version of Guts. Many Kaiju prominent in Tiga reappear . Mars is prominent as it was in Dyna. Making Trigger in a different universe weakens the series IMHO.
Honestly i disagree. If it was set in the Neo Frontier universe, we'd probably be asking "Okay, so why aren't Tiga and Dyna helping out when there's clearly a big threat coming to Earth?"
That and "So why are these new Dark Giants near 1-to-1 dead-ringers for Camearra, Darramb, & Hudra?"
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

NSZ wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:26 am
Gigantis wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:08 am
That and "So why are these new Dark Giants near 1-to-1 dead-ringers for Camearra, Darramb, & Hudra?"
Trigger's basically just Tiga 2.0 as well.

If anything, the fact that it's set in an alternate version of the Neo Frontier universe actually makes things more interesting. Maybe, Absolute Tartarus has a part in this.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:08 am If it was set in the Neo Frontier universe, we'd probably be asking "Okay, so why aren't Tiga and Dyna helping out when there's clearly a big threat coming to Earth?"
I HAVE been asking that question. But as we've seen in the the showa Ultra's, they usually don't interfere unless there is an extreme threat. Also I figured it was a foregone conclusion that Tiga would show up at some point. Dyna is still dimension hopping, so he could show up ay any time I guess.
NSZ wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:26 am That and "So why are these new Dark Giants near 1-to-1 dead-ringers for Camearra, Darramb, & Hudra?"
I asked that question as well, since initially I thought they WERE the same dark giants.
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:53 amMaybe, Absolute Tartarus has a part in this.
^THIS possibly could be the explanation.
Last edited by o.supreme on Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Going off the latest episode of Trigger, I want to ask a question. For over a decade now, the Ultra-franchise as a whole has fully embraced the whole multiverse angle -- like many others. Like the concept or not, the series is arguably thriving more than ever before.

Why wouldn't it work for Godzilla? I think it could lead to some cool interactions with old enemies and of the Big G and Earth. We could see the best of the old characters re-appear, modernized and re-imagined. The stakes could be dramatically raised from time to time with whole planets or even entire realities being destroyed.

Multiverses can be fun and engaging. The Ultra-series took a big risk doing it and despite the odds, things turned out just fine. If done right, the same can be said for the Godzillaverse.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:26 pm Going off the latest episode of Trigger, I want to ask a question. For over a decade now, the Ultra-franchise as a whole has fully embraced the whole multiverse angle -- like many others. Like the concept or not, the series is arguably thriving more than ever before.

Why wouldn't it work for Godzilla? I think it could lead to some cool interactions with old enemies and of the Big G and Earth. We could see the best of the old characters re-appear, modernized and re-imagined. The stakes could be dramatically raised from time to time with whole planets or even entire realities being destroyed.

Multiverses can be fun and engaging. The Ultra-series took a big risk doing it and despite the odds, things turned out just fine. If done right, the same can be said for the Godzillaverse.
Stop spamming this over every single thread. If I see you post something unrelated like this in another thread again it's a warning.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

UltimateDitto wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:02 am New.episodes of Trigger were pretty cool! The Haruki two parter episodes were probably the best episodes so far!

Added in 10 minutes 17 seconds:
The most recent episode was interesting finding out
Spoiler:
Trigger takes place in a different universe, I figured it would but wasn't certain since I've never watched Tiga before.
Which is just so damn pointless to hype this as a New Generation Tiga. Because the series is pretty much "New Generation More of the Same Since Ginga." It does make me glad its not just pissing all over the Tiga/Dyna timeline, however. And I am STILL very much annoyed the only Tiga era kaiju that are making a return so far are Gazort and Melba.

That's not to say I didn't like seeing Powered Dada and Gargorgon. Love me some Gargorgon, best New Gen. kaiju by far.
LegendZilla wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:26 pm
What's interesting for me is that TPC did the whole Ultra Multiverse thing BEFORE Marvel started it up in the MCU. Sure, it was always a thing in the comics, but I think Ultraman is the first franchise to really explore the concept in a live action format.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

So the translation so far seems to be Ultraman Trigger Turbo from what I’ve seen
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Saturndusk wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:43 am So the translation so far seems to be Ultraman Trigger Turbo from what I’ve seen
What? No, it's Glitter Trigger Eternity.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

MoarCrossovers wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:30 am
Saturndusk wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:43 am So the translation so far seems to be Ultraman Trigger Turbo from what I’ve seen
What? No, it's Glitter Trigger Eternity.
That makes more sense but I suppose someone may been making fun of the Mitsubishi color timer
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Well, it's been officially revealed so I guess no more spoiler tags for now.
Personally, I think it looks great (even the upside-down Mitsubishi logo).