Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Re: Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

Post by gvamp »

o.supreme wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:30 am So yeah...Amazon is a cluster%% right now. I contacted their customer service via chat because I noticed on my account they charged me the full $45.99 for Leo, instead of the $27.96 that is was lowered to prior to release. This has never happened to me before, any time a price is lowered prior to release, I've never had an issue getting that price Anyway..... After chatting with 4 people. I get one person who says "sorry nothing we can do".

My response is..."so what Is the point of pre-ordering? I guess I should have just waited until today" (My next response was that I was just going to cancel my several hundred dollars worth of pre-orders, but it didn't get that far).... after a pause he comes back and tells me I will be refunded the difference, they are sorry blah blah... ok, cool (or so I think).

I see they refund me the FULL amount, and I am expected to return the item once I get it.... :mad: I have to take it to whole foods and have them scan a QR code and ship it back to Amazon.... wow...So they can't just refund me the difference, and they can't just NOT deliver the item which is on their own truck right now to be delivered later today?

Anyway, I'm going to keep the item, order another (at the current low price), in 2-3 days when THAT ONE shows up, I'll take it to whole foods. Still it's an extra few days, and a trip to a store that is unnecessary, but whatever, yeah I think I may start pre-ordering physical media form Best Buy...what a flippin joke.
Always call Amazon support and argue with them until they give you the difference back.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

spookymizu
Ronin

Post by spookymizu »

Wow!

Here is what is happening with Amazon. They are registering this release of Ultraman Leo as a different item than what was initially offered for pre-order at the beginning of the year. I eventually had to speak to a supervisor when I kept getting told that my order was not a pre-order. I kept telling them that I ordered it in January. How is that not a pre-order? Their claim was that I had pre-ordered an item that was out-of-stock. The new item was actually "a different item," and wasn't a part of their pre-order guarantee, hence I am being charged the $60.

It was turning into a circular argument. They finally offered me the price difference in promo credits to get me to go away. I'll still return the set when it gets here.

I won't do pre-orders through them anymore. I spent 50 minutes of my evening dealing with this.

Who should I order from, folks?

(edited to add price charged)
Last edited by spookymizu on Tue May 25, 2021 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

I’ve checked mine and it’s showing at 29.99. Was yours the normal or steelbook?
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

spookymizu
Ronin

Post by spookymizu »

It was steelbook.

I’m guessing the change of release date must have changed something in their system. But it’s not like this was the first set to have a pushed back release.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Thank you spooky. I'm sorry that happened, but glad e know I wasn't the only one screwed by Amazon, and your explanation makes sense. But yeah, MC has pushed back release dates before and it was never an issue..??

So, it turns out Amazon CAN stop a delivery from occuring, even when it's on the truck. Status says now that "customer refused delivery item sent back to seller". Which is some BS, but whatever, at least I don't have to take it back myself As I was waiting for the package that never showed up, the price on Amazon started to rise...

I ended up finding one on eBay for a better deal anyway $26 . Of course it won't get to me until after the holiday weekend, which I planned to use enjoying this set. :mad: . To others,I'd say Best Buy or Target might be good. Walmart has it as well, but says it won't be in stock until January 2022,. so don't even mess with that.

I double checked and currently both of my pre- orders for the June Ultra releases show the lower prices, even though they have an expected shipping date of July 7, that is fine
Because of the SNAFU with Leo, it'll probably take me that long to finish it anyway.
Last edited by o.supreme on Wed May 26, 2021 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Cover art has appeared on Amazon. Looks real cool - kinda reflects the '90s aesthetic.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Angilasman wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:06 pm Cover art has appeared on Amazon. Looks real cool - kinda reflects the '90s aesthetic.
Hm which are you talking about? One of the Mega Monster covers?

And got my Leo and set okay. Standard edition because I like that mural.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Pretty sure he is referring to Gridman

https://www.amazon.com/Gridman-Hyper-Bl ... lu&sr=8-10
Last edited by o.supreme on Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Oh okay yeah. Saw that today too.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Oops! I didn't specify it was Gridman!

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

Baby don don!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Seriously why the hell is the standard version of Leo so much more expensive than the steelbook? Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Regarding Leo: I understand the frustration completely. It may have been that there's a shortage of that particular version at the moment (I honestly don't know the process when it comes to Steelbooks). I would think those would be "limited" and they would produce them all first, but the standard editions can be reproduced fairly easily...Im not sure. I still see Mothra steelbooks at Walmart....

The standard edition is either super expensive (or sold out). Even some early reviewers got ONLY the steelbook. I'm thinking maybe the collage spine was far more popular than even MC anticipated. I mean I don't collect steelbooks anyway, but the collage defintely makes collecting the standard version more appealing. meanwhile my issues with Amazon don't appear to be going away anytime soon, and the other Leo set I ordered from another site appears to be in USPS limbo at the moment...who knows when I'll get it. -_-

Edit
*Oh cool..., I just got an update on my phone, it's out for delivery today. Well one obstacle down, one to go...

2nd Edit- For anyone looking for the standard edition Leo set, there was I site I used a while back for the initial Ultra Q and Ultraman sets, they were super inexpensive, only $18 each on release day! bullmoose.com. It is a small distributor out of Maine, but right now they have the standard Leo set in stock for $29.99. They DO have mixed reviews, but that appears to be mostly when ordering older items they tend to refund because they don't actually have the item. But in my one experience ordering form them I had no issues (and I live across the country in California). If you would rather wait for a more reputable/larger distributor to get them in stock, at a reasonable price, that is understandable, I am just trying to provide options.

(Amazon is super expensive at the moment: $55. Target ,Bestbuy, and Deepdiscount are out of stock, and Walmart says they are getting it in January of 2022 :roll: )
Last edited by o.supreme on Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:01 am, edited 6 times in total.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

Gridman on Amazon has already dropped to 22.99

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

SSSS was talked about a couple pages back. Although I don't ever watch the episodes, I'm glad I have the 2 DVD sets (especially since #1 is OOP). Is there any fan here who would purchase Gridman and SSSS in the same set if they were bundled together? Or is anyone hoping for a release of SSSS on Blu Ray since the volume 1 DVD is OOP?

StreamOfKaijuness
Monarch Researcher

Post by StreamOfKaijuness »

Saturndusk wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:34 am Gridman on Amazon has already dropped to 22.99
Speaking of price drops, the standard edition of Ultraman Leo may be $55.99 on Amazon at the moment but the standard editions of the other classic shows are each available for well under $20 right now.

Ultra Q - $17.24
Ultraman - $15.56
UltraSeven - $18.60
Return of Ultraman - $13.99
Ultraman Ace - $13.99
Ultraman Taro - $15.99

The standard edition of Taro cost $27.99 when Mill Creek released it just a few months ago. Leo's price will come down in a matter of months as well.

I'm glad that I ordered the standard edition of Leo from Amazon last Saturday while its price was still $27.99. It arrived today, and I've only got one episode of Taro left to watch!

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

So, one YouTube reviewer just posted a video review of several releases upcoming from Millcreek, and one of them he had in hand was the UltraGalaxy/NEO set with UG Movie. He didn't have the Zero Movies/specials set, but that is ok, just knowing that one of these releases is coming out without a delay is good news. Hopefully later in the week, more reviews will pop up, possibly with the other set prior to next Tuesday's official release date.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Leo is down to $20.99 on Amazon now. That's much more like it.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Look like many of the sets are quite inexpensive on Amazon. Now is a good time if anyone has been holding off.

At least 2 early reviewers who were sent samples from Mill Creek have reported the slipcase for UGMMB/NEO actually had the Zero series/movies instead. I hope that was just an error initially. Hopefully MC didn't make this error on a large scale.

*edit* watched a 3rd review last night. (Saturday June 12) The reviewer was just covering ALL MC Creek releases for June, and doesn't know much about Ultraman. He took the slipcase off UGMMB/NEO, and it had the same WRONG contents, but as he is not a fan, he had no idea.

I seriously doubt my local Best Buy will have this in stock on Tuesday, but I may check it out. My Amazon shipment for both Tuesday Releases still says July 7th, so either they are hopefully trying to *fix* the error, or if I can get a correct copy before then, I can cancel my amazon pre-order.

having a missing book is not a book deal, but having the WRONG BRD contents could prove quite costly for MC, and I dont think they will just be mailing out BRD (like they did the book lets) based on Proof of Purchase. I bought a Thundercats DVD set several years ago from Best Buy, that had a duplicate disc in the set, and one missing. Fortunately they had another copy I could exchange. One of the MANY advantages of having things at your local B&M, as opposed to having to order online all the time.
Last edited by o.supreme on Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:56 am, edited 4 times in total.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Wow! Hope they get it sorted out (I mean, Mill Creek has snafus like this semi-often, but they typically are good with fixing it - sometimes it's just a matter of time).

Was looking forward to watching the Zero movies in a few days. Well, I've got Leo being delivered to me in a few days, at least!