Do You Read Matches With Combatants You Are Not Familiar With?

Sub-Forum for the K.W.C.E. All discussion regarding it goes here.

Do You Read Matches With a Combatant(s) You Aren’t Familiar With?

Yes
60%
Depends on the Immediate Impression the Combatant(s) Give Me
30%
As Long as They’re Fighting Someone I Do Know
5%
Sometimes
5%
Nah
No votes

Total votes: 20

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Do You Read Matches With Combatants You Are Not Familiar With?

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

A question I’ve been curious about for a while, I suppose it can kinda extend to the KWC as well, but obviously it applies much more to here than it does there.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

HillyHulk
Yuki Special

Re: Do You Read Matches With Combatants You Are Not Familiar With?

Post by HillyHulk »

Depends on me being interested in them for the most part.

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

I generally read all matches, but there are only a few that I've read multiple times, and those are ones that use Kaiju I know, like King Kong vs Deviljho.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Yup.

A lot of characters I'm not familiar like the Yamato guys, Zone Fighter and the live action Titans I was introduced to BECAUSE of the KWC and the same hold true for the KWCE
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I read matches regardless of their characters. I will say this to any future new writers of the KWCE: it doesn't matter if you post a match with a character/Kaiju who I've never heard of before or know very little about. I am absolutely guaranteed to read it.

I hope that others do so as well, even if it can be a tad hard to follow along with.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:11 pm I read matches regardless of their characters. I will say this to any future new writers of the KWCE: it doesn't matter if you post a match with a character/Kaiju who I've never heard of before or know very little about. I am absolutely guaranteed to read it.

I hope that others do so as well, even if it can be a tad hard to follow along with.
This exactly. Don't be afraid to submit your Supergator vs Lythos the Earth Titan or Ultraman Battle Royale matches because you're afraid nobody wants to read it. If we didn't want to read giant monster fights we wouldn't be here.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

CommanderPhoenix wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:14 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:11 pm I read matches regardless of their characters. I will say this to any future new writers of the KWCE: it doesn't matter if you post a match with a character/Kaiju who I've never heard of before or know very little about. I am absolutely guaranteed to read it.

This exactly. Don't be afraid to submit your Supergator vs Lythos the Earth Titan or Ultraman Battle Royale matches because you're afraid nobody wants to read it. If we didn't want to read giant monster fights we wouldn't be here.
And if nobody wanted to read matches with the Earth Giants from Frozen II or Sharptooth from The Land Before Time or Alduin from Skyrim, they wouldn't have been added in the first place.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image