K.W.C.E. #50 - Godzilla (2001) vs. Baragon (2001), Anguirus (Showa) & Varan (Showa)

Sub-Forum for the K.W.C.E. All discussion regarding it goes here.
KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

K.W.C.E. #50 - Godzilla (2001) vs. Baragon (2001), Anguirus (Showa) & Varan (Showa)

Post by KaijuX »

VS.

Arena:

Author: tyrantgoji
Word Count: 2,382 words
Posted: March 12th, 2020
Event: March of the Baragons

---

It was all going to come down to this battle.

Baragon had miraculously survived his first encounter in the mountains with the vengeful spirit, but he didn’t know if he had what it took to survive another one. And to add more weight to his shoulders, he was heading towards Yokohama, where lives were certain to be lost no matter how valiantly he tried to protect them. His fellow guardians had yet to be awakened, so he was still all alone in the attempt to stop Godzilla... or so he thought.

When Baragon made the ground collapse under Godzilla’s feet, he unknowingly woke up two other monsters in proximity. They weren’t his fellow guardians, rather just two ancient creatures who woke up rather groggy when rocks fell on their faces.

The first one looked like an ankylosaur mixed with an armadillo, his giant shell full of spikes that almost looked like giant stalagmites. His giant, brown hide blasted out of the Earth, while his long, crocodilian face howled out into the sky. Anguirus had returned to the waking world.

A little farther away in a nearby lake, the water began to churn in a violent manner before massive spikes jutted out, his skin a tan-brown. He rose up from the depths not by walking, but gliding like a gigantic flying squirrel. Believed as a demi-god long ago by the natives, most people thought they were nuts when they said a triphibian monster lived in the lake. Yet here he was, Varan was ready for action.

All four monsters made their way to Yokohama; one to destroy, one to protect, and the other two just went to stop the disruption of the natural order. But no matter what the outcome, everyone knew one thing: Japan would never be the same again.

The malevolent monster was first to make it to the city, with the only thing stopping him from making it in completely being army intervention... which didn’t last long in the slightest. Making his way farther in, not hesitating to outright crush all of the puny humans beneath his heel. He was still in the outskirts, but he could speed up the destruction process. The blue light that beamed from his dorsal plates was almost sickening to look at. The best thing it could do was blind those foolish enough to stare at it, which would soften the blow when he unleashed his atomic rage.

But no death came, and instead the crashing of Godzilla falling right on his back could be heard.

Varan dug his claws deep into Godzilla’s sides, his weight forced him into the pavement. Rather taken aback that he didn’t notice the gliding monster coming in sooner, Godzilla kicked him off and got back on two legs. It was just silly. Why do all of these smaller, weaker monsters even bother standing up to him?

No matter, he would end Varan’s life quickly. The smaller monster still tried to attack, but was caught by the throat and thrown right into a building, which collapsed on top of him. But a simple building wasn’t going to stop the gliding leviathan. Rushing back towards the vengeful spirit, Varan performed a quick swipe to the side, but the attack still didn’t seem to do much damage. The demon’s hide wasn’t weak enough for Varan to dig into by himself. Godzilla twisted around, and with a full three-hundred sixty degree spin, whacked Varan away with his tail like a fly swatter. Varan still happened to land on his knees, getting even the slightest moment to catch his breath.

It didn’t last long. Godzilla ran back full force and easily threw his weight against his smaller adversary, tossing him right back down to the floor. At first it seemed like Varan was just another soul doomed to fall at the hands of Godzilla...but then the ground began to shake. Neither monster had enough time to react as a giant circle formed where Godzilla stood. Godzilla was taken aback, he knew this trick!

That was all he could think of before he fell into the cavern. Not too far away from Varan’s location, another monster emerged out of the ground: Baragon. Coming over to his fellow reptilian, he tried helping Varan up to his feet. This left him somewhat confused, but he wasn’t going to pass up the opportunity given to him.

Not long after, Anguirus’s mighty roar got closer in the vicinity. Planes and helicopters hovered overhead and aimed all their weapons at Godzilla. The demon had quite the obstacle course ahead of him.

Whatever the case, this would not end his wrath. Japan would be destroyed, and no group of small beasts would stop him!

Charging straight towards the group, Godzilla threw his hands out in an attempt to grab one of them, but all three ran out of his path. Baragon spun around and leapt towards the ghostly manifestation, biting down on his right arm. But the second verse ended the same as the first, as Godzilla slammed the red monster straight into the pavement. Anguirus swiped him on the side, but it mostly didn’t do much. Varan tried to chop off one of his spines, but was an ineffective effort. It only further irritated Godzilla, his dorsal spines began to glow a haunting blue. This time he discharged the atomic breath successfully, yet still missed the two monsters, only hitting the Maser Tanks near them.

Baragon snapped out of his daze and swiped at Godzilla’s kneecap, staggering him, yet still didn’t do much damage. This also gave enough time for Varan to make another attack, this time trying to go for the unarmored eyes. But Godzilla shifted ever so slightly, only leaving a sparking trail and a shallow scar on his face.

Anguirus stood in front of the angered ghost and roared in defiance, refusing to back down. Then he did the most unexpected thing: He curled himself into a ball and rolled right in Godzilla’s direction. With Varan coming in behind him, Godzilla was bombarded with two blows on his chest and back of his neck, falling flat on his face. As he pushed himself off the ground, he noticed an orange glow coming from his left…

Baragon’s emanated a fiery, divine glow. The sphere of influence dug into the planet’s crust and melted the buildings around him. In the time Godzilla had spent fighting the other two, Baragon had absorbed the planet’s heat and was gifted with a new ability. One he hoped would put an end to Godzilla’s terror once and for all.

Godzilla was engulfed in the radiating sphere, and his scaly flesh seared from the staggering heat. Third degree burns steamed out of his flesh as he slowly backed up from the heat. A blue hue came out of his spines and discharged an atomic ray, one that clashed with the tremendous heat Baragon produced!

Although the heat wave had diffused most of the beam before it could even reach him, Godzilla poured more atomic power into the blast. It eventually overpowered the Earth Guardian, even if it wasn’t the full brunt of his attack. Nevertheless, it got the job done when Baragon stopped discharging heat. Suddenly, Godzilla felt claws digging deep into his back. He turned his head around and saw Anguirus with his claws and teeth, sinking them as deep as they could into his skin and spines. Godzilla had tried whipping Anguirus off with his tail, but the spiny armor protected the ankylosaur and buffered the tail whip.

Eventually though, Godzilla fell on his back, taking Anguirus with him. The spiky carapace was stuck in the city streets. At first the demon just chuckled a bit, but then he was hit on the side again by Varan. But the triphibian was soon grabbed by his tail and launched away, right into the Yokohama Ferris Wheel. The attraction collapsed under the monster’s weight, sparking away as it crashed.

At this point, Baragon felt more frustrated than ever. He generated another heat wave and leapt towards Godzilla, hoping to fry him alive, but it was no good. Using an earlier tactic in their previous bout, Godzilla flung him away with his tail and knocked the wind out of him. The guardian soared through the skies until he crashed down onto the nearest skyscraper. The worst it did to Godzilla was a minor burn from the brief contact.

At this point, Anguirus had broken free and Varan had gotten up. Joining together, Varan flew up to Godzilla and got him in a headlock. Gesturing for the next attack, Anguirus took his cue and turned around. With a heave, he slammed his entire carapace right into Godzilla’s back, which broke off several spines.

Anger and rage fumed from Godzilla as he quickly stabbed Varan right in the gut with his claws. Just as quickly, he turned around and kicked Anguirus right in the neck. He grabbed the pair by their necks and banged their heads together twice, and flung them against a nearby structure. Too dazed to do much, neither could stop Godzilla from firing his atomic breath, this time scoring a direct hit. Their howls echoed throughout the entire city as they got bombarded with the blue stream. They both passed out besides each other. But right before he could deliver the finishing blow…

A sudden heat wave overtook the monstrous demon as Baragon clung onto his back. Screaming from the pain the blistering, hot air delivered, Godzilla tugged the small red monster around, trying to get him off. The superheated Baragon struggled to keep his grip, giving it all he had. If he kept this up for a while longer, then there was a chance… Unfortunately, fate did not will it so.

After much physical exertion, Baragon felt his superheated prowess fade. Even his grip began to loosen, too late in realizing he had expended his energy too quickly. With a ruthless thrust, Godzilla tossed the smaller monster near his fallen allies. In the brief moment he had, Godzilla exhaled all the heat that had seeped into his body, acting as a coolant.

Baragon groggily rose to his feet and looked over his fallen allies. At this point, with them down for the count, he could never beat Godzilla alone. There was a way to re-energize them, but in order for that to happen he would have to…

In that case, he would do it, even if it meant he would never see his fellow guardians again.

With a snort, Baragon made one last face of determination before leaping into the air. As Godzilla finally emptied his body of the excess heat, his dorsals began to ignite with atomic power. With the atomic breath charged and ready, Godzilla fired all he had at the red monster. Baragon’s body began to burn and blister before he finally exploded. His remains scattered across the cityscape, which evaporated into thin air. But in the midst of the explosion, a strange golden cloud was released into the air.

For just a couple seconds, the dust made the form of Baragon, and even roared just like him. Then the dust dispersed and moved towards Varan and Anguirus. The dust absorbed into their flesh, and briefly illuminated in a golden hue before fading.

Their eyes shot open, revealing sparks of electricity shooting throughout. The moment they stood up, the ground began to shake frantically. Their ear-splitting roars filled the night sky once again.

Godzilla barely had time to react before Anguirus came speeding forth and forced his horn into his kneecap, making him fall to his hands. Varan delivered rapid claws to his face, which made him angry enough to fully stand up, albeit still with a bit of a limp. He tried to swipe at them, but he was too weak, and the both of them seemed to have gotten even faster!

First, Varan picked up a building and threw at right at the demon, which splashed against his armored hide. But this gave enough time for Anguirus to come towards him and absolutely wail at his body. With his newfound strength, he quickly made his way into the monsters insides, even nicking the heart. Varan joined in and finished off their combo with a knee to the chest and a headbutt to the sides. A disgusting, audible CRACK could be heard from Godzilla’s ribs and skull as they began to break.

Falling to the ground, the Monster King could barely do anything before Varan pounced on him and dug deep into his neck. He began charging up his atomic breath, but right before he could fire, Varan let go and the attack shot out of his neck and into the distance. Godzilla stood up and tried again, but got the same result. The attack had rendered his greatest weapon useless!

Before Varan could move in and strike, Anguirus rushed back into the fray and knocked him right into Yokohama River, sending them both into the cold waters below. As soon as they reached the bottom, Godzilla desperately tried one last attempt to fire his ray. Anguirus lifted his arm to finish him off once and for all….

Varan just watched as the river exploded from beneath, as the raining droplets fell back down.

At first, everything was silent, as if both monsters had died beneath the waves. But then the sea began to churn. Varan got into position to fight again, but it was Anguirus that came out of the water. In his mouth, he held Godzilla’s still-beating heart. In one foul bite, he crushed it right in between his jaws! It was over, Godzilla was no more. Both monsters roared out in victory in celebration, and in memorial for Baragon.

Then two other monsters arrived to the fray, rather late however. The two remaining Guardian Monsters, Mothra and Ghidorah, investigated to see what had happened. They came to the grim conclusion that Baragon had perished, but at least he didn’t fight alone. Realizing this, the sacred beasts offered their gratitude to the ancient monsters. As a result, the two monsters were dubbed honorary members of the Guardian Monsters. Soon, they all parted ways and went back to rest, waiting for whatever threat was going to come next.
Spoiler:
WINNER:
Anguirus (Showa), Varan (Showa)
Last edited by GodzillavsJason on Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: K.W.C.E. #53 - Godzilla (2001) vs. Baragon (2001), Anguirus (Showa) & Varan (Showa)

Post by Gigantis »

Aw man, of course my first match to ever be uploaded is one i'm not fond of anymore. :lol:

But seriously, i reread the match on DeviantART and good lord i'm not fond of it. Glad to see things were changed in order to make it more..um, likeable. Wow is my first draft trash. :lol: :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Re: K.W.C.E. #53 - Godzilla (2001) vs. Baragon (2001), Anguirus (Showa) & Varan (Showa)

Post by GmkGoji »

OOF LMAO- jk.
I remember I already made a banner for this match, so I needn't post it again.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

GmkGoji wrote:OOF LMAO- jk.
I remember I already made a banner for this match, so I needn't post it again.
Be best to post it on the thread, so we can all look at it. :P
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Post by kaijufanforever »

Great match, saw it on DA. nice to see it here

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

tyrantgoji wrote:Aw man, of course my first match to ever be uploaded is one i'm not fond of anymore. :lol:

But seriously, i reread the match on DeviantART and good lord i'm not fond of it. Glad to see things were changed in order to make it more..um, likeable. Wow is my first draft trash. :lol: :lol:
We all have to start from somewhere my friend.

Match was alright, simple and fun. Neat nod to the original GMK script (funny how the Yamato versions of Varan and Anguirus are actually in the roster now). I thought original script 2001 Baragon’s “superheated body” just meant he was hot to the touch, I didn’t think it meant he could do that! I know he used a Heat Ray in the original version of the match back when both Baragons were one card.
Spoiler:
Some nitpicks. Varan and Anguirus did not need to get blasted for six minutes straight with Godzilla’s atomic breath just to pass out, that’s real weird and distracting, plus it’s makes Godzilla’s beam seem real shitty. Also, this might be a more personal thing, but I feel like Godzilla got demolished way too quickly once Baragon empowered Varan and Anguirus.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Excellent work, the fight had a good sense of pace.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:Aw man, of course my first match to ever be uploaded is one i'm not fond of anymore. :lol:

We all have to start from somewhere my friend.

Match was alright, simple and fun. Neat nod to the original GMK script (funny how the Yamato versions of Varan and Anguirus are actually in the roster now). I thought original script 2001 Baragon’s “superheated body” just meant he was hot to the touch, I didn’t think it meant he could do that! I know he used a Heat Ray in the original version of the match back when both Baragons were one card.
Spoiler:
Some nitpicks. Varan and Anguirus did not need to get blasted for six minutes straight with Godzilla’s atomic breath just to pass out, that’s real weird and distracting, plus it’s makes Godzilla’s beam seem real shitty. Also, this might be a more personal thing, but I feel like Godzilla got demolished way too quickly once Baragon empowered Varan and Anguirus.
Yeah i know, all these flaws are valid. I was a young lad, not knowing what the writing world was and how difficult it is at times y'know?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

Not one of my better banners. I might try remake it later.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Spoiler:
I agree with GvR, the six minute breathe attack took me out of the match, Baragon was seriously down for that long? Why is Godzilla wasting all this energy? Other than that the match was a good read.
I was kind of hoping purple Varan would be in this match, but no biggie.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Spoiler:
I had a hunch that the trio (or at least one or two) were gonna come out the winners in the end, but nevertheless it was quite an entertaining read. :huge:
Also, how long ago was this match written prior to being posted? I noticed tyrantgoji mention he was a "young lad" when he wrote this.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

ShinGojira14 wrote:
Spoiler:
I had a hunch that the trio (or at least one or two) were gonna come out the winners in the end, but nevertheless it was quite an entertaining read. :huge:
Also, how long ago was this match written prior to being posted? I noticed tyrantgoji mention he was a "young lad" when he wrote this.
Like..last May? Maybe June? It wasn't long after my first two K.W.C matches. :lol:

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

tyrantgoji wrote:
ShinGojira14 wrote:
Spoiler:
Like..last May? Maybe June? It wasn't long after my first two K.W.C matches. :lol:
Ah, okay. :huge: I sent my own first matches in last year, so I was scared that I might have to wait five years or so before they ever saw the light of day.

Regardless, I get what you mean. It was your first. The first KWC match I ever wrote (which has yet to appear) has more than a few grammar errors as well, and I've done well to try and improve ever since. We all have rocky starts to this kinda thing.
Spoiler:
Hopefully the original Godzilla's spirit can rest in peace now that his body has been obliterated.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Well, that was allot of fun to read through. Wasn’t expecting it to end like that.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:
Spoiler:
Some nitpicks. Varan and Anguirus did not need to get blasted for six minutes straight with Godzilla’s atomic breath just to pass out, that’s real weird and distracting, plus it’s makes Godzilla’s beam seem real shitty.
And then KaijuX edited the match to take that out, making me look like a liar to anyone coming along afterwards.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.