The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Sub-Forum for the K.W.C.E. All discussion regarding it goes here.
CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

Deviljho vs King Kong needs to be added to the match index
Last edited by CommanderPhoenix on Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Hello everyone! As you all are likely aware, a new match has been posted today. And with it comes a new batch of cards, updates on out of date ones and new combatants (I should update that randomizer, huh?), so have fun with looking for all those.

And as well, the match index issue has been fixed as we now have a new match index run by the current head, so that way we don’t have to bug KaijuX every time a new match gets posted to make him update it. (Instead we just have to bug GvJ and/or GvZ to unlock the thread for it to be updated instead :lol:)

One more thing, I never saw anyone bring this up but it’s still something worth mentioning. Ever since the new leadership began, there was an issue with older matches where the cards were not displaying properly because that card had been updated since the upload date and the actual post of the match had not been adjusted properly. KaijuX managed to find time amongst his ten million projects to fix this issue, and now all of the matches have the latest versions of every single card. (Until we update something else and it all starts again.)
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Random question, but on the subject of Mothra what character/ability/story wise acts as separation between the Millennium and Showa Mothra? Both seem to have similar skill sets, both have the classic two fairies and in one of Millennium's films she literally ties into the OG Mothra film. Could they not be the same character but alternate skins like Anguirus or King Caesar and the like?

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

godjacob wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:11 pm Random question, but on the subject of Mothra what character/ability/story wise acts as separation between the Millennium and Showa Mothra? Both seem to have similar skill sets, both have the classic two fairies and in one of Millennium's films she literally ties into the OG Mothra film. Could they not be the same character but alternate skins like Anguirus or King Caesar and the like?
Showa Mothra’s powder is poisonous, Millenium Mothra’s powder reflects beams (when going off SOS), interferes with electronics (when going off Final Wars), or both if one is so inclined to do so in a match. Showa Mothra is also larger and heavier than Millenium. They can pretty much be written as related with no issue, but there is enough there to keep them seperate as opposed to Showa Anguirus and FW Anguirus.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:17 pm
godjacob wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:11 pm Random question, but on the subject of Mothra what character/ability/story wise acts as separation between the Millennium and Showa Mothra? Both seem to have similar skill sets, both have the classic two fairies and in one of Millennium's films she literally ties into the OG Mothra film. Could they not be the same character but alternate skins like Anguirus or King Caesar and the like?
Showa Mothra’s powder is poisonous, Millenium Mothra’s powder reflects beams (when going off SOS), interferes with electronics (when going off Final Wars), or both if one is so inclined to do so in a match. Showa Mothra is also larger and heavier than Millenium. They can pretty much be written as related with no issue, but there is enough there to keep them seperate as opposed to Showa Anguirus and FW Anguirus.
To be fair, Showa Anguirus couldn't roll into a ball like FW Anguirus and FW Anguirus was also larger/heavier than Showa Anguirus. But fair enough appreciate the clarification.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

godjacob wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:26 pm
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:17 pm
To be fair, Showa Anguirus couldn't roll into a ball like FW Anguirus and FW Anguirus was also larger/heavier than Showa Anguirus. But fair enough appreciate the clarification.
Outside media such as video games and comic books depict Showa Anguirus rolling into a ball.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Logan268
G-Grasper

Post by Logan268 »

What monsters from Colossal Kaiju Combat are in the KWCE?

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Brutusk.
The caterpillar and dino.
Gurral.
Gaonaga
Dragon Lotus.
Mulligan.
Macrosaurus.
Sacrosean.
Tyransaur.
Tornaq.
Prospector Pete.
Nemesis.
There's probably a few more I'm missing.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

UltimateDitto wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:58 pmThe caterpillar and dino.
Chameleon, actually. And it's BullDozer.

Also, Rekker, Ouroboros, and Moglios.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

There’s also Xerimus and Heart Eater.
KWCE Administrator

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Godzilla, Gamera, The Stay Puft Marshamallow Man, King Kong, and Ultraman.

Yes, we did get them in before the team did but you know what they say, nothing beats the speed of CKC ;)

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Hello everyone! As you have likely already seen, a new match has been uploaded today, the KWCE debut of our second verifier/third in command, FatBaconUnicorn. You likely already know him as the writer of KWC 301 and 317.

As well, new batch of cards as usual. There’s new guys and several cards with updates, so enjoy that! I personally need to figure out something for Armed Gigan lol.
Spoiler:
”What the hell is ‘Nozuki’ on the Warbats’ card?” That is the extra something I was referring to. Due to concept art and the words of some people who designed the Hollow Earth sneks, we know that there was planned a male counterpart to the female Warbats we see in the movie. He can walk on his wing tips and one piece of concept art depicts an electric stinger, and we have monsters with less info to go off of in the KWCE, so we figured “call it Nozuki and add it to the card, no harm there.”
Enjoy! And look forward to next month, when KWCE3 kicks into high gear!

Added in 11 minutes 8 seconds:
Added four cards forgotten in the initial upload.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Sat May 15, 2021 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Spoiler:
Wait: KWCE3 is next month?! SKREEONK YEAH, I’m excited! :mrgreen: :huge:

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

... ... ...what is Red sucking there...?

I don’t know if that’s supposed to be MOGEURA, but it looks like something else... ... ... :shock:
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:59 pm ... ... ...what is Red sucking there...?

I don’t know if that’s supposed to be MOGEURA, but it looks like something else... ... ... :shock:
It’s the Angel that’s the protag’s childhood friend from the NES Creepypasta, the big blue one. Remember, near the end of the story, she halts Red to let them escape and Red starts that chase level devouring her.
KWCE Administrator

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

KWCE3 has officially begun! Y’all are in for a good time, I’ll say that much. ;)
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Hey y'all, so I went to check the Monster Cards List like I do every now and then, and I noticed a few noticable changes to a particular Kaiju.

Not only has Jirass been (sort of) renamed, his height and weight have been changed as well. Is there a particular reason for that? :g2k:

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:59 pm Hey y'all, so I went to check the Monster Cards List like I do every now and then, and I noticed a few noticable changes to a particular Kaiju.

Not only has Jirass been (sort of) renamed, his height and weight have been changed as well. Is there a particular reason for that? :g2k:
The renaming is because of TsuPro’s official English name for him now being Jirahs. The height and weight change, not sure, probably just to be like “it’s double his canon height and weight to bring him up to Heisei standard”.
KWCE Administrator

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

I think you can still use the name Jirass, I mean I will.
Last edited by UltimateDitto on Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:05 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:59 pm Hey y'all, so I went to check the Monster Cards List like I do every now and then, and I noticed a few noticable changes to a particular Kaiju.

The renaming is because of TsuPro’s official English name for him now being Jirahs. The height and weight change, not sure, probably just to be like “it’s double his canon height and weight to bring him up to Heisei standard”.
The funny thing is, before the update, he was even taller; 92 meters tall and 54,000 metric tons to be exact.

Regardless, I'd assume that in-match it's okay to refer to him by either name?