Superhero RPG HUB

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: Superhero RPG HUB

Post by JAGzilla »

And so it begins.

I figured I'd go ahead and introduce a police commissioner, since they're standard, obligatory characters in this genre. He's going to be a free-to-use character, anyone can do what they want with him. He's probably too old to be doing his job, but far too crabby and stubborn to quit. He's not the biggest fan of heroes, but grudgingly acknowledges their potential value. In situations where civilians are in imminent danger, he maintains a standard (potentially flexible) policy of allowing a hero five minutes to get a handle on things. If they can't, the police take charge. I imagine he doesn't tolerate murderous heroes like Cocytus or Bloodless, and probably has a standing order to arrest them on sight.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Bold strategy, Callous...

Also, and not to keep nitpicking and suck the fun out of this, but it's probably best you ease up on taking control of other players' characters, Voyager. There are times when it's necessary, and that's fine, but it needs to be kept to a minimum, especially writing dialogue for them. No harm done in this case, that's essentially what Supercell would've said, anyway, but make sure you're letting other players make their own decisions and speak for themselves.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I tried not to do anything and I even took it in into consideration here, by releasing Johnathan and having no fighting. Aside from the two cheesy lines I didn’t do much, did I?
For Emperor and Empire!

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

JAGzilla wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:46 am I figured I'd go ahead and introduce a police commissioner, since they're standard, obligatory characters in this genre. He's going to be a free-to-use character, anyone can do what they want with him. He's probably too old to be doing his job, but far too crabby and stubborn to quit. He's not the biggest fan of heroes, but grudgingly acknowledges their potential value. In situations where civilians are in imminent danger, he maintains a standard (potentially flexible) policy of allowing a hero five minutes to get a handle on things. If they can't, the police take charge. I imagine he doesn't tolerate murderous heroes like Cocytus or Bloodless, and probably has a standing order to arrest them on sight.
That’s more or less the attitude I have planned for Foxtrot’s contact among the LDPD, Violet “Vee” Bahn: she trusts the vigilantes who don’t use excessive force, but is innately suspicious of new faces due to the likes of Cocytus and Bloodless. She’s prolly keener on getting the help of heroes though, seeing that they can do what the police can’t, either physically or legally.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Voyager wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:07 pm I tried not to do anything and I even took it in into consideration here, by releasing Johnathan and having no fighting. Aside from the two cheesy lines I didn’t do much, did I?
It's the lines that are the issue. It's like it's not really Supercell speaking if I'm not the one writing it, you know? I'm not saying I have some kind of super deep, detailed understanding of his innermost psyche, I absolutely do not, but I should be the one deciding how he responds to any given scenario. That's inherently how a role playing game is supposed to work. I make up a character, then I play his role. There is some room for controlling other players' characters in the name of minimizing trivial little posts, but avoid dialogue as much as possible.

Again, not at all trying to beat you down. You're a dedicated player who is enthusiastic about these games, and we need more of that around here. You just need to be aware of the standard etiquette, is all.

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

Voyager wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:07 pm I tried not to do anything and I even took it in into consideration here, by releasing Johnathan and having no fighting. Aside from the two cheesy lines I didn’t do much, did I?
It's not so much doing anything "wrong" with the characters themselves - it's just that this is a roleplay, so other people should be the ones handling their characters. Not saying you can't ever have someone get up after your guy punched them or something, but something like having a character respond to you in your post should be left to the other person, essentially. For example, in your post specifically, I would've stopped at Callous talking smack to Supercell, wait for Jag to have him answer, and then Callous could've answered. Think of it as a board game - make one move, perhaps two, then wait for your turn.

When it comes to fighting, it's a rule in most games I've seen that you have to let your opponent land at least one hit on you in your post, but even if that wasn't specified in the rules, it's generally common sense to just not treat the other character like a punching bag. You don't need to have them faceroll you either, but just find a middle ground or at least avoid a total curbstomp.

Edit: Well, what Jag said. -sobs in slow poster-
Last edited by Beast Blood on Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Well, I try my best :lol:

Thank you for the tips. Really. I learn it bit by bit.
For Emperor and Empire!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

No reason to cut things off quite that soon, is there? :lol:

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Callous didn’t wanna do this, but when someone ruins his schedule… you know there’s gonna be a battle!
For Emperor and Empire!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I'm going to be very disappointed if Supercell doesn't make a "High Ground" joke, lol.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Name: Tenmus
Superhero Name: N/A
Height: 6ft 5
Weight: 130

Appearance: A tall, middle aged woman, Tenmus has pale skin and greyish hair despite her somewhat youthful appearance. She wears a long dress that reached down to the floor, and a large sleeved shirt. She always has her sleeves connected together, obscuring her hands. She also wears massive shoes much larger than normal, giving her an almost comically disproportionate appearance that betrays the otherwise serious expression on her face.

Personality: The mayor and leader of Los Diamantes, Tenmus is stern and holds no recourse for any action she takes. Anything that occurs in Los Diamantes she is both aware of and must pass by her for approval. She is a cold, vicious individual who is not afraid to lash out at others, and will go to any means necessary to ensure the stability and safety of Los Diamantes. She is a being ruled by paranoia and fear, yet always carried a strong unbreakable front.

Powers and Abilities:

~Swift and Deadly: Though Tenmus claims to be an ordinary human, she is stronger and faster than she lets on. She can run up to 30 miles an hour and deliver a kick strong enough to send a grown man flying a dozen meters or shatter concrete. Her eyesight is like that of a bird of prey, able to spot a person from two miles away, and hear a pin drop from 800 meters away. She claims this is simply a result of how she was raised through training, but the truth is anyone's guess.

Weaknesses: Tenmus is extremely fragile despite her strength, and her bones are easy to break with blunt force. Hence, she avoids conflict unless riled up, and wears a special dress with bullet-proof sleeves to protect herself. She is quick to anger and slow to calm, and her stamina is not what it used to be, leading her to easily tire out.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Interesting that the mayor is a super; that's pretty unconventional, and the idea hadn't even occurred to me. And the paranoid personality is practical in this town. I imagine it serves her well.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

JAGzilla wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:14 pm Interesting that the mayor is a super; that's pretty unconventional, and the idea hadn't even occurred to me. And the paranoid personality is practical in this town. I imagine it serves her well.
She puts on an air of being a completely normal person. Very few, if any people know she can do those kinds of things, and no one knows why or how. Tenmus prefers to keep a low profile and let others do the work for her.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Post by Corzak The Mighty »

Robbers: -shoot at Cocytus-

Cocytus:
Resized Image
MDK wrote:I wish my movies about dinosaurs brought back to life with mosquitos in amber for a theme park were realistic.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=29237 The Crimson Shadow redux sign-up and discussion thread
Clash of Gods (Shin Gojira vs Legendary Godzilla story, completed)

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Apologies for the delay, just been kind of busy and tired the last couple of days. I'll get a wrap-up post for Supercell posted soon.

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Post by Corzak The Mighty »

No worries! I know how it goes when life makes you weary.
MDK wrote:I wish my movies about dinosaurs brought back to life with mosquitos in amber for a theme park were realistic.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=29237 The Crimson Shadow redux sign-up and discussion thread
Clash of Gods (Shin Gojira vs Legendary Godzilla story, completed)

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

Voyager wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:47 pmOh sorry :lol: I’ll fix that. My idea was that they’d worked together in the past but as that’s not your intention I graciously bend the knee.
Nah I don't mind having them interacted before, just not so where he can figure out Ectoparasite's identity so early on. ;)

I'm also in the same boat unfortunately with the amount of stuff going on. Should have a post up by today.
Current Quatheral Population: 600!
Current Quatheral's Perfected: 283!
The Quatheral Wiki!: https://quatheral.fandom.com/wiki/Quatheral_Wiki
The Quatheral Voices!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRtkOo-Lhs

PM me if you wanna join my Discord to see the updates about Quatheral!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

After JAG wraps up his Supercell thing, I will proceed with Franklin/Toxcinder.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Gonna post a follow-up to the mayor's speech, but it occurs to me: Voyager, did the four mercenaries get away? They were in the armored vehicle last we saw them, and I don't think it was ever clarified what happened to them.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

No… I don’t think it was. I’d assume at least the driver was taken in. I’ll write it in.
For Emperor and Empire!