Godzilla: Into the Kaijuverse! - HUB

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla: Into the Kaijuverse! - HUB

Post by Corzak The Mighty »

Never heard of that series, but I'm interested in seeing what it is.
MDK wrote:I wish my movies about dinosaurs brought back to life with mosquitos in amber for a theme park were realistic.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=29237 The Crimson Shadow redux sign-up and discussion thread
Clash of Gods (Shin Gojira vs Legendary Godzilla story, completed)

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Corzak The Mighty wrote:Never heard of that series, but I'm interested in seeing what it is.
It's an upcoming kaiju arena brawler by Passion Republic Games. There's a thread for it at the Video Game Hub.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

bumpheh

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

So, is this dead?

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Post by Corzak The Mighty »

I dunno tbh.
MDK wrote:I wish my movies about dinosaurs brought back to life with mosquitos in amber for a theme park were realistic.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=29237 The Crimson Shadow redux sign-up and discussion thread
Clash of Gods (Shin Gojira vs Legendary Godzilla story, completed)

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

IDK if I'm being real.
For Emperor and Empire!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

SKORAK
Size: 30 meters (height), 25,000 tons (weight)

Backstory: In the ancient Bornean city of Tarabak, the skull of a giant theropod dinosaur with distinctly curved horns sits in the middle of all the architecture. While scientists assume that it is the only remains of a worshipped kaiju, they're blissfully unaware that the skull isn't the one who they worshipped like a god. No, what they revered was the one who wore it...

Powers:
Octopus-level intelligence
Detachable shell that can be brought back using extremely sticky slime
Eyes that can transform into spears in the blink of an eye
Retractable flytrap-like jaws
Green poisonous gas

Shortcomings:
Skin is extremely vulnerable if dried out
Pupils are weakspots due to them being the part that turns into spears
Very slow on the ground with shell on
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I doubt that Kaijuverse will bring back what it once had but I'll at least try. Basically, Skorak has been formally introduced. I decided to have a whole crowd of tourists be there instead of the big snail just emerging in an empty city. The green slime is not a reference to the Toho film of the same name but instead to a Gamescom promo which showed Skorak's snail goop as lime-green. Yes, Lord Dragon is the canon name for the creature whose skull Skorak wears as a shell.

As for Geronimon's part, there isn't much. I originally intended for King Moa to be pecking the fleeing Russians into oblivion but the creative use of his hurricane winds stuck better. As for Geronimon's flexing, think less bodybuilder and more Henry Cavill in Mission Impossible.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Rexy
Aliases: Queen of Isla Nublar

Height: 80 Meters
Weight: 45,000 Tons

Abilities:
-High physical strength
-Sharp Teeth
-Battering ram skull & strong tail
-Natural survivor
-Vast experience (With some tactical insight)

Weaknesses:
-Aged & scared body

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Nice to see a fully-melee character!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Thanks, always wanted to use Rexy for a RP so this should be fun. Once/if I get accepted I hope to add a spark to this.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

godjacob wrote:Thanks, always wanted to use Rexy for a RP so this should be fun. Once/if I get accepted I hope to add a spark to this.
No problems, Jacob. You have been inducted into Kaijuverse.
For Emperor and Empire!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Whe[*]
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

So, where should I have Rexy be taken to to interact with something?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

godjacob wrote:So, where should I have Rexy be taken to to interact with something?
Originally, I was gonna have Skorak's first fight be with Geronimon and King Moa but considering the fact that its shell is a dinosaur skull, Rexy could have a pretty interesting interaction. Plus, none of my characters have interacted with anyone else's, even though I deliberately put Geronimon and Moa in Russia to cross path with Ghidorah.

Anyways, I almost forgot to give more info about my recent post. Basically, I wanted to utilize Skorak's weird face-shifting powers as much as possible. The people in the plane were almost killed via its acid breath but I decided Skorak wouldn't wanna waste it like that. Also, I didn't know what Skorak would do after devouring his prey. I had a good fight planned between Geronimon and Skorak (with King Moa helping the former like a good little undead servant does) but at the same time, Skorak is known as the Great Devourer for a reason so he might go off to eat more. Eventually, I decided to make him exit Tarabak for the first time in millennia, only to come back later as to not scrap the upcoming battle.

Maybe, Rexy and Skorak could cross paths while the latter is rampaging?

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Well my character is on an aircraft carrier being transported...somewhere. So just tell me where to go for this XD.

Problem with Rexy is she can't fly or swim so she lacks a way to travel different continents without aid lol

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

godjacob wrote:Well my character is on an aircraft carrier being transported...somewhere. So just tell me where to go for this XD.

Problem with Rexy is she can't fly or swim so she lacks a way to travel different continents without aid lol
Skorak's in Borneo, specifically leaving the ancient city of Tarabak. I don't know why InGen would go to abandoned ruins in the opposite side of the world, though.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
godjacob wrote:Well my character is on an aircraft carrier being transported...somewhere. So just tell me where to go for this XD.

Skorak's in Borneo, specifically leaving the ancient city of Tarabak. I don't know why InGen would go to abandoned ruins in the opposite side of the world, though.
Right now they are just doing an evac of the dinosaurs from Isla Nublar due to disturbances. I could just have Rexy caught in a storm and wash over there.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

godjacob wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:

Right now they are just doing an evac of the dinosaurs from Isla Nublar due to disturbances. I could just have Rexy caught in a storm and wash over there.
That would make sense. Also, is there an explanation for Rexy being so big? I have no issue with it, just that curiosity has infected me

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Just offered one actually XD