Godzilla vs The World of Monsters - Hub

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla vs The World of Monsters - Hub

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Out of curiosity, do you guys ave any future characters to introduce and if so, how many? I currently have a whopping 6.

Added in 3 minutes 10 seconds:
If you count the second iteration of a destroyed character, 7
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

It seems Ultra really wants to kill the kaiju, no matter the alignment :lol:
For Emperor and Empire!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Because Baronga doesn't have a gimmicky heat ray, his only means to fight Ghidorah is basically "Come down here and fight me, loser!"

Also we aught to implement the character limit soon. It's getting kind of messy with several characters controlled by one person, so again i motion that we use 4 per-person tops. I also want to replace Demon Gargolis with Anime MechaGodzilla, but i won't bring him in right away. I'm aware that there's already an MG in the RP, so my idea is to wait until that one gets destroyed and have a corporation reverse-engineer the remains to create the nanometal MechaGodzilla.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Breakdown wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:03 pm Because Baronga doesn't have a gimmicky heat ray, his only means to fight Ghidorah is basically "Come down here and fight me, loser!"

Also we aught to implement the character limit soon. It's getting kind of messy with several characters controlled by one person, so again i motion that we use 4 per-person tops. I also want to replace Demon Gargolis with Anime MechaGodzilla, but i won't bring him in right away. I'm aware that there's already an MG in the RP, so my idea is to wait until that one gets destroyed and have a corporation reverse-engineer the remains to create the nanometal MechaGodzilla.
I agree. While I “have” many characters, many of them are free and open characters, while, say, Godzilla, EG and SpaceGodzilla aren’t.

So, Anime MG is a reincarnation of sorts of the Showa MG? It’d be cool to have the evil AI take over but that’s my idea.
For Emperor and Empire!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Voyager wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:11 pm
Breakdown wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:03 pm Because Baronga doesn't have a gimmicky heat ray, his only means to fight Ghidorah is basically "Come down here and fight me, loser!"

I agree. While I “have” many characters, many of them are free and open characters, while, say, Godzilla, EG and SpaceGodzilla aren’t.

So, Anime MG is a reincarnation of sorts of the Showa MG? It’d be cool to have the evil AI take over but that’s my idea.
That's actually not a bad idea lol. Maybe it could be subtle at first like MechaGodzilla fires it's weapons at buildings/people unprompted and it's dismissed as a glitch or weapon misfire, but the "glitches" become more and more severe until MG activates on it's own and goes on a murder-rampage before escaping into the world.
ImageImage

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

Breakdown wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:03 pmAlso we aught to implement the character limit soon. It's getting kind of messy with several characters controlled by one person, so again i motion that we use 4 per-person tops.
This is why I always put a character limit for my games. Not only does it get hella messy when there are too many characters both in and out of the game, it also encourages better development of the characters who are being used. I'll take five interesting characters over twenty I don't care about.

VOID GHIDORAH
Monsterland Worker

Post by VOID GHIDORAH »

How am I doing so far, would you guys say? Anything I should improve on?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Well, 4 of them are just ideas.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Yeah, so far i only have two. MV Goji (whos free use for now) and Ultraman (who won’t stay “Ultraman” permanently). I plan on bringing in two villains later on too, but for now I wanna focus on the character(s) of Hayata/Ultra.

Oh, and Sevenger is a free use character, too

…we should probably make an all encompassing list of the characters, who owns them, and the ones anyone could use. Would be pretty useful with this clusterfuck goin’ on :lol:
Last edited by Jermobooka on Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

TBH Frankenstein and Kong are gonna be my two main monsters. Gorosaurus is probs gonna be killed off.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Has Hedorah been taken? I have some ideas for ‘em when the merge happens
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Jermobooka wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:35 pm Has Hedorah been taken? I have some ideas for ‘em when the merge happens
I don't think he's ever shown up. If he has, it was in the RPG'S early days so you could take control anyways.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

After a quick search, he has not.

And as for my main kaiju, they're Togera and Jet Jaguar.

Logan268
G-Grasper

Post by Logan268 »

I'm gonna maybe add 2 more

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Another idea for introducing Anime MG: He was built directly as a response to the events like the San Francisco and Osaka battles, as well as the "Merge" with the goal of exterminating all monsters and preventing another alien invasion (i.e Ghidorah).

Also we should consider adding human characters to the mix to make things more interesting and drive the narrative even more. That way we also can take a break from the non-stop monster fighting as needed. This way we have multiple ways for people to play.
ImageImage

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Breakdown wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:19 pm Another idea for introducing Anime MG: He was built directly as a response to the events like the San Francisco and Osaka battles, as well as the "Merge" with the goal of exterminating all monsters and preventing another alien invasion (i.e Ghidorah).

Also we should consider adding human characters to the mix to make things more interesting and drive the narrative even more. That way we also can take a break from the non-stop monster fighting as needed. This way we have multiple ways for people to play.
Both great ideas, especially the one about more human characters. I’m trying to do that with Hayata and the SSSP members, but with all the kaiju running around and the chaos going on it’s hard to find time for those more character oriented moments. Hope when the merge happens we could do sort of a “narrative reset” and cool off on the kaiju for a bit
Last edited by Jermobooka on Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I've already thought of a human character post-merge. It'd be an insight to what the merge was like for an average guy.
For Emperor and Empire!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Had some human characters planned for the post-Merge era but since the post-Merge kaiju aren't set in stone, they aren't either.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Yeah I'd like to try and work some humans who stick for things.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

So is the Merge going to be a soft reboot of the RP or something?
ImageImage