The Hunter's Moon

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Re: Jaktarensmane - The Hunter's Moon

Post by Monster X »

Gigarma sensed he was drawing near one of the beings he had felt. It's lifeforce was very strong, reminding him of the great beasts he had battled long ago. Wild and untamed, a living natural disaster. Yet he was unable to read anything beyond that. The creatures alien aura prevented him from seeing it's emotions. The Stone Giant was going to have to do this the dangerous way.

As he drew closer, the form of the monster gave him little encouragement. A great serpent. His mortal foe during the golden age of Hyperborea had been such a creature, The White Wyrm. A vile demon who had nearly taken his life on more then one occasion and always seemed to slip away befor he could deal a fatal blow. Their final battle had almost completely destroyed the capital city and Gigarma had been forced to remain dormant for almost a year in order to heal his damaged body. Other serpents had proven only slightly less lethal.

His mind hardened by prior experiences, and unable to gauge his soon to be foe's emotional state, Gigarma steeled himself for a bitter fight. His right hand reached down to grab the hilt of his blade. The sound of metal against stone sang out as the sword was drawn free. The blade shone blood red in the light of the setting sun and the red moon. Then the Stone Giant slowed his pace, coming to a halt just outside what he judged to be it's sticking range. It was not wise to run headlong into a snake who knew you were coming. Instead Gigarma gripped his sword with both hands and held it befor him in a defensive stance. He also kept on the balls of his feet, ready to move the instant an attack came.
Last edited by Monster X on Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

The knight looked at the wolf headed beast. She had heard stories of creatures like this, of those not quite human, and yet not quite animal as well. Creatures that shared the same earth as they, born by the same Creator, those who deserved respect and cooperation.

"I am Ramia, captain knight of the Kingdom of the Sun." She announced herself as. "Though, I suppose that title means little here, in this strange place..."

The girl in her hands turned her head, and saw the wolf headed beast. Immediately her face paled, and she began to scream. "Monster! Monster! Get it away from me! Help me!"

"Relax..." Ramia said. "If she wanted us dead, we would be already. She is not a threat, just someone who came to help you as I did, I suppose."

The girl quieted down, yet she still seemed to be weary of the wolf headed being. Not that Ramia could blame her. Poor girl had a few scratches on her legs from where the wolf's claws had managed to hook into, but nothing too severe.

"And you are? You seem to be a native of this place..." Ramia asked.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

The daughter of Loki watched as the massive sword became unsheathed. The humongous warrior stood in front of her with great confidence. One of her many, vague memories was the thought of humans fighting her, yet known had even remotely reached her size. She knew better than to let her guard down, especially against a foe that's armed to the teeth.

There was an advantage she might have against it though. What if it didn't have a ranged attack?

As a smirk enveloped her face, her mouth seemed to glow a fire similar to one that burned in Muspelheim.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Post by Corzak The Mighty »

He could hear it... he could feel it. The thunder of a great shape stomping through the wilderness rumbled through the air, alerting the fur-clad man to the arrival of a new, massive presence. Looking up as he sneaked into the misty forest to escape from the massive serpent, he could make out the head of some sort of great stone statue. Was it alive? Had it been animated by some great spirit, or by an ancient evil? Was it merely a creature of stone, like the elementals of Aster? Or was it some horrid fiend trapped in the form of stone, like the many demons that haunted the land?

Either way, the hunter thought it would be wise to steer clear of the rocky colossus. Hearing the rumblings of the great serpent's coils approaching the statue's location, he figured the two would most likely come to a head soon enough. The burly fur-clad warrior moved deeper into the mist, instead choosing to head towards where he had heard the howling of wolves earlier. Perhaps he could claim the remains of whatever the beasts had hunted earlier for himself...
Sitting in front of a cozy fire and next to a patchwork tent set up from his pack, the goblinoid seemed to have made himself a comfortable roost for himself. Warming his hands in the nearby fire, the goblin collected some strange containers from his oversized backpack, before pouring its contents, along with some water, into a nearby pot he had set up. The figure set the pot on top of the campfire, making sure to keep watch for what may lay nearby.

Off in the distance, he could hear many sounds echoing through the winds. Wolves-at least he thought they were wolves-,big shapes moving through the snow and forest, some sort of conflict. He wanted no part in it. He just wanted to be back in his nice cozy house, waiting for those lapdogs to bring him his newest set of artifacts for his collection. The goblin huffed in an annoyed manner. Why did weird things like this always have to happen when he had big plans?

After a couple minutes, the goblin sniffed his pot, recognizing his messy slop was ready. Producing a spoon, the sallow-skinned figure dug into his meal. His face revealed a bit of disgust with its simplistic, grainy texture, but food was food. The alternative was starvation. The goblin sighed; perhaps it was about time he head out to go get some REAL food...
MDK wrote:I wish my movies about dinosaurs brought back to life with mosquitos in amber for a theme park were realistic.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=29237 The Crimson Shadow redux sign-up and discussion thread
Clash of Gods (Shin Gojira vs Legendary Godzilla story, completed)

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

The sinister sound of howls was not the only thing riding the cold winds to reach Vulfrad's ears. Also brought to him was the sound of low voices and footsteps through the snowy woods. The fur-dressed man instinctively reached for his weapons, but upon seeing not just one, but more than a dozen of bulky shapes emerging from the blizzard, Vulfrad chose to obscure himself from view just enough that he made himself harder to see while still being capable of observing the incoming creatures.

They were a rather unusual sight. The figures resembled burly, bipedal moose, many dressed in light armor and flannel kilts and carrying weapons with them. They appeared to be coming back from a hunt, as indicated by the three carcasses of strange stag-like beasts that were hauled over their brawny shoulders. One of them was effortlessly hauling a large wooden canoe on his shoulder, his silvery fur reflecting the reddish moon. Some of the muscular creatures held lanterns to guide their path, their protected flames remaining steady despite the blowing winds.

The largest of them seemed to be their leader, as all followed his approach towards Vulfrad's position. Unable to move to a different spot without revealing his presence, the savage warrior from another world prepared himself for a fight.

But none came.

Instead, the massive moose bathed him in the gentle light of his lantern, regarding him calmly with a light green gaze.

"Who are you to wander the wilds of Jaktomrader alone, warrior? Have you been taken for the Hunt?" the moose asked.
Last edited by Beast Blood on Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Moving her head back and forth and digging it into the dirt, Jormungandr burrowed herself into the ground, noting but blackness surrounding her. Then, she began to go into circles, and her incredible weight was beginning to make the ground collapse on itself!

And then, just as the stone monster began to fall, she began to wrap her coils around the chest and squeezed tight. She planned to end the fight quickly by simply crushing Gigarma like a tin can.

Unfortunately, she had left herself wide open to his blade, still unsheathed.
Last edited by Gigantis on Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

"No," the beast-woman answered Ramia sharply. Her beady, red-rimmed eyes looked at the wounded girl though, glittering with both irritation and curiosity. "This world is not mine- and mine is not yours. Any maor would known a varul. There is strange magic here."

The archer turned her short, wolf-like muzzle to the knight. "I am Ragnhild. I have no title- only quarry. I hunt bounties."

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

The serpent proved as dangerous as he feared. At first it seemed as though it would attack from rang, then it had burrowed underground and entangled him. His growned under the pressure of Jormungandr’s crushing embrace. Thankfully his right arm was free.

The Stone Giant swung his blade in an arc, managing to strike the Child of Loki. Unfortunately the angle prevented his attack from doing any real damage. The blade only cutting lightly into Jormungandr‘s scales before glancing off. That had been enough though.

Gigarma felt her grip loosen and, wasting no time, the Lord of Storms freed his left arm which he then used to push the great serpent’s coils further from his body. With his movements now less restricted, he took hold of his sword with both hands and swung at the beast’s neck.
Last edited by Monster X on Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

With nothing to lose, Jormungandr bit down on the sword before it could chop off her head. Finally, a worthy opponent! There battle shall be Legendary!

After a bit of struggling she was able to push the stone monster back, and then sat herself up to full height. Not even a second later, she let out her fire straight into Gigarma's face!..Which he blocked, of course.

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Gigarma's left fore arm was blacked by the flames but little else. He brought his blade to bare, but again and again his foe darted out of range. At this rate they would be fighting from now till the end of time, he needed to think more strategically. Then he had an idea.

The Stone Giant threw back his sword arm, then hurled his sword at Jormungandr. The blade lanced through the air at the middle of her body. The blade was to slow however and Jormungandr dodged it with ease... only to find a stone fist slamming into the side of her head. There was a crunch of stone against hard scales, while for an instant the Child of Loki's vision went blurred. Then a second pain bloomed in her jaw as Gigarma delivered a uppercut with his left hand.

As his enemy's head went sailing backwards, Gigarma took hold of her great body and lifted a section of it above his head. Using all his strength he caste it as side, shifting Jormungandr's coils and leaving the way open to his sword. Wasting no time dived for the spot where it had imbedded in the ground.
Last edited by Monster X on Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Oh no, she wasn't letting him get away! Instantly Jormungandr spewed more flames and hit Gigarma right in the back before slithering towards him. Crying out she bit down hard onto his leg, shaking it like a rabid dog. Gigarma turned around and kicked her away, sending her into the trees. She spat out yellow blood. No matter what she did, her strategies weren't working!

Wait..yellow blood..

She had a plan. Fire breath wasn't her only weapon, this one being used much less frequently, but it would certainly be useful now!

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

"A bounty hunter, then." Ramia responded. She had heard of them before, some were unsavory and underhanded, but this Ragnhild... she seemed to not be like that. "Thank you for the help."

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Ragnhild accepted the thanks with only a silent flap of her right ear. She did not seem concerned with acknowledging the battle they had narrowly escaped from. Instead, the wolfish archer glanced around and plainly asked, "Do you know where this is?"

The huge biped's ears suddenly swiveled behind her, and her head seemed to follow them, whipping back with lips drawn up over her thick fangs. There was a tremendous crashing in the distance: the sound of trees and earth and stone being rended. It was not enough of a distance to take the beast-headed woman off edge, however. There were large creatures that stalked the cold land of Noraage, but none so big as to produce earthly thunder like that. Even the monstrous predators of the narrow coastal seas seemed too small for the uproar that bombarded her wolf-like ears.

"And what is that?" she asked Ramia again with a growl.

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Gigarma picked himself of the ground. His body rumbled and steam rouse from scorch mark on his back. Fortunately he had landed not far from his weapon, talking hold of the hilt as he rose. He needed to rethink his approach, pure physical might would not prevail here.

His eyes began to glow once more as the reached out to the heavens. He willed for storm clouds to smother the sky and winds to shack the trees. Unfortunately he found that this was a far more difficult task then he had hoped. Mastering the weather of these lands was much harder then a single tree. More clouds began to appear and the wind blew more harshly but it was slow, much slower then it had ever been befor. He would need to keep fighting until the storm's power grew.

His eyes still glowing has he focused his power, Gigarma charged his enemy once again.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

With blood still covering her mouth, Jormungandr too charged her opponent. Mouth wide open, she jumped up into the air, but not to wrap around him. No, all she wanted was a good bite. Still, she spun her coils around Gigarma's right arm anyway, and then bit down on the arm!

It did more damage than help. Her teeth could just barely puncture the stone. Crying out from her teeth pounding in pain, she backed away for a moment. Barely any of her blood must've seeped into Gigarma, meaning it would take time for it to take effect.

She would just have to hold him back until it did.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

"I was hoping you would know..."Ramia admitted as the sounds of conflict reached her. "And whatever that is... it's big, very big."

"H-help... please help... " the anorexic girl pleaded. "Somewhere safe, far from here..."

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

The wolf-like head of the bounty hunter twisted back around. Her beastly eyes hovered on the ghastly thin girl for a moment, then lifted up, to the trees and the hills and the mountains of the alien planet. She seemed to absorb the brutal landscape for a moment, eyes narrowed, ears twitching, nose flaring, taking in all she could.

Then she stepped off her horse, landing heavily on the icy earth. It could be appreciated how enormous she was better now, stretching taller than ever her massive steed at his withers.

"You will ride Glear," she informed the girl in her harsh, raspy voice as she began to unhook her belt. "If you cannot hold on, we will tie you. I will lead. My eyes see farther. My ears hear more. My nose will find foes, so we can avoid them."

The beast-woman suspended her bow around her shoulder and glanced at Ramia. "And you will take up the rear."

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Post by Corzak The Mighty »

Grasping his axe tightly as the massive moose-like creatures approached him, the fur-clad man began to calm down as he noticed the lack of menace in their stance - rather, he could tell the contrary from their postures. These massive horned beasts seemed curious as to his presence here, and just what exactly he WAS. Lowering his axe down to his side, Vulfrad spoke.

"I am Vulfrad, beastslayer of the Frozen Wastes," the man responded. "I don't know this 'hunt' you speak of. I also don't know my purpose here. Can see there are many beasts that roam the land. I must be cautious if I am to survive in this place."

Vulfrad holstered his axe across his back before continuing. "And who are you? Natives to this frozen wilderness?"
Last edited by Corzak The Mighty on Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDK wrote:I wish my movies about dinosaurs brought back to life with mosquitos in amber for a theme park were realistic.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=29237 The Crimson Shadow redux sign-up and discussion thread
Clash of Gods (Shin Gojira vs Legendary Godzilla story, completed)

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

"Indeed", the mighty creature answered. "We have lived here for generations. We are the Olgfolk of Jaktomrader; the Hirstaang Tribe."

The Olgfolk gave a slight bow, before rearing back up and inviting the fur-clad man to follow.

"Come. It is not safe to wander this land alone, especially after dark. We offer food and lodging."

---

The rustles of pines and crackling of frozen brush became louder, causing all three women to turn to see two bulky bipedal beasts step out of the forest and into the clearing. Raghnild whipped around the fastest, quickly leveling her bow with the two moose.

"Hold your weapons!" the one of spotted fur called out. "We would have words with you."

As sign of their good faith, both horned warriors lowered their spears - but kept them in their hands still in case their request for peaceful talk went unheard.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

The anorexic girl shuddered as the creatures walked out into the open. She clung tightly to Ramia, her breath ragged and shallow.

"And who might you be?" Ramia asked. "And are you natives of this place? I'll lower my weapon once I know you mean no harm..."