The Gorilla Whale Hub

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Re: The Gorilla Whale Hub

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

Sorry for the sudden and prolonged abscence.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

It's ok, life can have some very unexpected turns all over the place. I think I speak for everyone when I say things you don't expect to happen, will happen, actually. Just glad to see you're ok.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Echoing Carter here, Goji, glad to know everything's good with you, mate.

As for the good Doctor himself, I'll cook up some sort of response to your post here very soon, just as soon as I can find enough time to sit down and do it.

#BotM

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

It's been a good while, boys. We still keeping this up, or did everyone abandon it for the Battle of the Multiverse?
Last edited by Gojirawars 03 on Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Dr. Asimov

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Gojirawars 03 wrote:It's been a good while, boys. We still keeping this up, or did everyone abandon it for the Battle of the Multiverse?
I hope not! I still want in. :(

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

I'm hoping this will not get abandoned.. There's a whole road map planned for this series, and I'd like to see it through to the end.

That said, life happens, and I think it caught up to a couple of us here. I know it did with me since I became full-time night shift at work (bleh X_X ), started making my way to college, and found myself a love life. But I'm always keeping an eye on this forum in the event that things start moving again, as I truly don't want to see this fall through.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Missingno. wrote:I'm hoping this will not get abandoned.. There's a whole road map planned for this series, and I'd like to see it through to the end.

That said, life happens, and I think it caught up to a couple of us here. I know it did with me since I became full-time night shift at work (bleh X_X ), started making my way to college, and found myself a love life. But I'm always keeping an eye on this forum in the event that things start moving again, as I truly don't want to see this fall through.
Well if this does get abandoned,why not come up with a backup game just in case? Or revive an old RPG that could need love?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Myself, I've been pretty low on muse for my characters, and writer's block. I'm still around though, just silent.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

My arc is kind of dependent on other folks, so my hands are tied lol
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Yeah, the arcs are kind of intertwined right now. XD;; But I'm pretty sure you have a turn now, Breakdown. Since the fight is done, though we still have Arrow to deal with where Gojira, Gamera, MechaGodzilla and Gigan battled with the dinosaurs involved as well.

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

Dr. Carter wrote:Yeah, the arcs are kind of intertwined right now. XD;; But I'm pretty sure you have a turn now, Breakdown. Since the fight is done, though we still have Arrow to deal with where Gojira, Gamera, MechaGodzilla and Gigan battled with the dinosaurs involved as well.
Yeah, I think he does. Gigan just decided to up and leave, Showa style, so Gamera isnt stuck fighting anyone right now, while Mechagodzilla is already on the run, too.
-Dr. Asimov

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Yeah, sorry guys, my hands are kind of tied too as far as the plot goes. Once I get some responses for the human characters, I'll some posts up. And, I'm honestly waiting for the next time skip to night before I proceed with Godzilla's next major arc. But, I haven't forgotten about TGW, don't worry ;).

#BotM

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

In that case I'll try to get a post up soon with Gamera while MechaGodzilla goes back to the shop for repairs.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Sooooooo its been a good six months and nothing has popped up. Are we still in the waiting phase or is this thing officially dead?
Last edited by Gigantis on Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

tyrantgoji wrote:Sooooooo its been a good six months and nothing has popped up. Are we still in the waiting phase or is this thing officially dead?
Wow, damn, I honestly forgot that this existed. No, I'm definitely going to assume it's the latter...
-Dr. Asimov

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Gojirawars 03 wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:Sooooooo its been a good six months and nothing has popped up. Are we still in the waiting phase or is this thing officially dead?
Wow, damn, I honestly forgot that this existed. No, I'm definitely going to assume it's the latter...
Man that's a shame. Was looking forward to where it was gonna go. :(

Guess it's time for another reboot.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I dunno, it felt kind of directionless. The various storylines were tying together reasonably well, but it didn't feel like there was a clear forward path for them to follow.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

JAGzilla wrote:I dunno, it felt kind of directionless. The various storylines were tying together reasonably well, but it didn't feel like there was a clear forward path for them to follow.
165 said that he had things planned for about three story arcs or so but..sometimes it did feel like it kinda dragged and they kinda made things up as they went. Hopefully next time they can fix that.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Yeah, my apologies everyone, I know most of you here, including me of course (duh), was thoroughly enjoying this. I have spoken to a couple of you here about said plans, and those are still simmering in the back of my mind (though now with some tweaking). They'll just be put on the back burner for now, is all. I'm thinking more straight to the point, little set up would be a better approach, as JAG and myself have spoken about a while back. Hopefully we can all come back around when that does indeed happen, which it will, I promise!

#BotM

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Oh, man, I completely forgot about that conversation. Well, I stand by what I said back then! I'm not really feeling RPs in general lately, but that idea sounds like it would be a blast, and it's the type of game we actually stand a halfway decent chance of being able to see through to the end.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio