The RPG Forums General Discussion Thread

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Re: The RPG Forums General Discussion Thread

Post by EdGojira »

g2vd wrote:
EdGojira wrote:
Godzilla165 wrote:I'm ready for it, and I feel like 200 should be fine enough mate, but it's ultimately your call.
I'll cap it off at 120, just to be cautious for now.

I think I'm going to start the thread now; it seems that everyone is ready.
Sure, I'm fine with that I like it.

Yeah, the thread can be made now.

But one question though. how shall we explain these characters got these powers perhaps Mutant DNA like in the X-Men franchise?
That actually is an interesting question. I know someone here mentioned their character's power "manifesting" and there was (apparently) a large gap between the past era of heroes and this one along, so I can kind of see it as an aberration in their genetic structure. On the other hand, people might want their own origins in some cases.

There's also this:
Godzilla The King wrote:Yes, that could work. In this universe, superheroes have been either gone or working in the shadows for 20-30 years. A lot of the first generation are dead with a few still active in a less obvious way but some kind of "boom" causes new people with powers (or talents) to pop up.
Which implies something caused the heroes'/villains' creation within a short time frame.
How long has it been? I honestly forgot.
TK's resident Ed, Edd n Eddy fan.
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 54/9ae.gif
[pic=http://x1.fjcdn.com/comments/lt+courtes ... fa40b3496a

Godzilla The King
Futurian

Post by Godzilla The King »

Some are talents, some are born from an incident 20 years ago...perhaps the same one that caused heroes to be outlawed?
CaptainStarbird wrote:
gigan72 wrote:MMMMM, HEISEI
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY
UNLIKE THOSE ANOREXIC SHOWA MODELS!
CaptainStarbird wrote: "Look under your chair for a gift, it's a bitchslap!"

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

Godzilla The King wrote:Some are talents, some are born from an incident 20 years ago...perhaps the same one that caused heroes to be outlawed?
I think that works. Not sure what others do, though.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

I would imagine it was more simply a matter of the fact that heroes' powers, or, well, heroics, take a while to manifest. Thus, when the young up-and-coming and current full-power generation of heroes was murdered for the most part 25-30 years ago, there simply WEREN'T hardly any heroes who were of the age to discover their powers.

It wasn't any special coincidence that created the new generation. Just... Time and circumstance. Raze a forest to the dirt, and it will still eventually regrow, and most of the new growth will begin to pop up and mature at the same time, because it was mowed down at the same time.

In the case of my character, it's mostly certainly genetics.
Last edited by Vatarian on Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

Vatarian wrote:I would imagine it was more simply a matter of the fact that heroes' powers, or, well, heroics, take a while to manifest. Thus, when the young up-and-coming and current full-power generation of heroes was murdered for the most part 25-30 years ago, there simply WEREN'T hardly any heroes who were of the age to discover their powers.

It wasn't any species coincidence that created the new generation. Just... Time and circumstance. Raze a forest to the dirt, and it will still eventually regrow, and most of the new growth will begin to pop up and mature at the same time, because it was mowed down at the same time.

In the case of my character, it's mostly certainly genetics.
I kind of prefer the idea that it was genetics that were suppressed a while ago, but now that such things are no longer being suppressed and the passage of time allows the new generation to rise. So, what you said.

I'm thinking that the Raider's tech genius is itself a superpower, though a very subtle one. Like he had a natural disposition and the right conditions allowed it to grow.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

Yeah. I imagine some powers would function differently than others, too. My character, for example, does not have powers from mutation.

Think more.... Y'ha-nthlei. R'lyeh.

Godzilla The King
Futurian

Mine is straight Spider-Man mutation, though not from a bite or anything like that.
CaptainStarbird wrote:
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

So, it is more of a resurgence with differently functioning superpowers? After some time, the supers reemerged in different forms? Does this seem right?

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

That is essentially what I'm saying. Thirty years ago, the current, experienced superheroes and other metahumans, and the young ones, the sidekicks and the heroes in training and those that had been identified at the very beginning of their development, were almost all killed.

Fear, injury, or obligation to allow the fervor die down kept the handful of survivors from doing much in the way of surfacing.
Last edited by Vatarian on Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Sounds about right, my guy's powers both hit him hard in his preteens.

#BotM

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

Godzilla165 wrote:Sounds about right, my guy's powers both hit him hard in his preteens.
Mine was getting wedgies as a "NERD!" since he was seven. The other one accidentally crushed chair arms at nine.
Vatarian wrote:That is essentially what I'm saying. Thirty years ago, the current, experienced superheroes and other metahumans, and the young ones, the sidekicks and the heroes in training and those that had been identified at the very beginning of their development, were almost all killed.

Fear, injury, or obligation to allow the fervor die down kept the handful of survivors from doing much in the way of surfacing.
Think this was decided on previously. So, are we going for the varied origins idea, likely caused by genetics or mutations?

Godzilla The King
Futurian

Mutations can be connected if so wished and genetics are just genetics.
CaptainStarbird wrote:
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

Read my above post concerning my characters origins. More will be revealed later on.

I think some wiggle-room should be allowed for origins. Experimentation, augmentation, freak mutation, natural extraordinary lineage passed down from God knows how long ago, or, in my character's case... Other things.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Vatarian wrote:That is essentially what I'm saying. Thirty years ago, the current, experienced superheroes and other metahumans, and the young ones, the sidekicks and the heroes in training and those that had been identified at the very beginning of their development, were almost all killed.

"General. active Order 66, once more Homeo Sapiens shall rule the Earth and we shall have peace"

I'm sorry I couldn't help myself. :lol:
Godzilla

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

Vatarian wrote:Read my above post concerning my characters origins. More will be revealed later on.

I think some wiggle-room should be allowed for origins. Experimentation, augmentation, freak mutation, natural extraordinary lineage passed down from God knows how long ago, or, in my character's case... Other things.
Yeah, let's go more with this. I think getting a specific root of origin might just limit the RPG in the long run, considering all the differing origins comics themselves provide for specific heroes/villains.

TetsukiGroudon
Terminated
Terminated

Post by TetsukiGroudon »

Hmmm, I'm thinking of a character with empathy powers(Being able to read people's feelings or reading attacks quickly, allowing to make descisions without second thoughts.) and minor self replication.(Can create up to five-ten images of himself at a time.)

A rogue(As in the actual definition of the word and not the character of the nane.) type character that specializes on gathering information. I.E. sneaking into a government base holding top secret information. Also broke out of a mental facility as he was put their during the time where his powers overwhelmed him.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

Sounds good to me. Does anyone have anything else they'd like to discuss before we go about setting up a discussion-page?

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

I don't think I have anything to talk about, unless my idea to add jokes is going to stir up trouble. I wouldn't think so.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

EdGojira wrote:I don't think I have anything to talk about, unless my idea to add jokes is going to stir up trouble. I wouldn't think so.
Why would there be a problem with jokes? as long as it doesn't go MCU route where they make jokes while Doomsday events are going on, I don't see the problem. personally I've been thinking and I kinda like to see kind of a (1990s) X-Men The Animated Series tone going on but darker of course.

After all even in "Aliens", The Coloinal Marines made tons of jokes but well obviously stopped when the Xenos where at their front door,
Godzilla

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

I see no reason whatsoever why we shouldn't have humor, as long as it isn't overplayed.

Oh. One last thing remains.

Format for character-apps.

Name:
Personality:
History:
Powers and skills:
Flaws and weaknesses:
Items and equipment:

Anyone see anything else to add?