Superhero RPG

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Spuro
Keizer

Re: Superhero RPG

Post by Spuro »

Spoiler:
Corzak The Mighty wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:53 pm Dhriti was forced to stay on the defensive as the monstrosity levied its assault against her. the horror's prodigious size, coupled with its numerous limbs and supernatural strength, meant that Dhriti was in an uphill battle against the fearsome creature. As three limbs lurched toward the Indian woman to crush her flat, Dhriti dove to their side, before striking them directly in the glowing red eyes in an attempt to splatter them. Though her blows were not able to fully destroy the eyes, many of them found themselves too damaged for use, which coupled with Foxtrot's assault left the horror lashing about wildly! The creature flung chunks of stone and concrete about like a frenzied child hurling grass and dirt, forcing Dhriti to dive into cover to evade suffering a potentially fatal wound...
----
Aileen's head was in a daze as Callous called out to her. Her ears rang, a piercing screech echoing through her mind like the scraping of metal upon metal. Her head spun wildly, as reality itself seemed to twist and distort itself, making it difficult for her to do much of anything beyond hold her head. After a few moments, the disorienting haze cleared enough from her mind for her to regain her bearings. She watched as the two women struggled against the monstrosity she had conjured found a match in Dhriti and Foxtrot, both in terms of evasion and in assault. Her eyes foggily turned to look to a mound of rubble to her right, watching as something within slowly began to move once more.

She suddenly felt a strong hand grab her by the shoulder and pull her away from the battlefield. "Aileen, come on!" she heard the voice of Callous say, as she saw him dive into his nearby vehicle. Seeing this as an opportunity to escape, Aileen followed in Callous' footsteps, before the two swiftly vanished into the night as the battle in the alley raged.
----
As Aileen and Callous made their escape, the creature's tantrum suddenly seem to come to an end. The creature seemingly deflated itself, with its limbs splayed out across the ground like a dying insect on the final stretch of its life. Then, as suddenly as the monstrosity had appeared, it vanished once more into the aether, the agonizing fear within Dhriti and Foxtrot fading away. Poking her head out to survey the damage to the alleyway, Dhriti stepped back out into the open as her shimmering extra arms similarly faded. She looked over to the rubble pile where Cocytus laid. A short moment later, an armored gauntlet emerged from the rubble, followed by his ebony helmet.

"you okay big guy?" Dhriti asked, moving over to quickly move some of the rubble off of the ebony knight, though he was quick to push Dhriti away.

"I'm fine," Cocytus growled, clutching his chest instinctively in pain. The knight let out a labored breath, before pulling himself free from the rubble. The axe in his hand quickly disappeared in a flash of azure fire. "It looks like they escaped... disappointing. I'll have to pursue them another time..."

"Take a well earned rest," Dhriti nodded to Cocytus, before patting his arm. "Thanks for helping me out."

The knight let out a low grumble to Dhriti, before offering her a nod. Turning to a nearby rooftop, the knight of punishment leapt up from the rubble and onto the building, before vanishing into the night. The indian woman let out a sigh, before looking towards Foxtrot.

"Hey, thanks for helping out back there!" Dhriti shouted. "Have we met before?"
After the eldritch beast faded way, Foxtrot had rappelling down to the ground from her shelter high above. She approached Dhitri just in time to see the mysterious knight leap away and disappear into the night.

"I don't think we have," the older woman told Dhitri. Despite the horror she had seen in the past few minutes, Foxtrot offered her a friendly smile. "I'm Foxtrot... and you're Durga, right? The Invincible Fortress, the new kid on the block? Always wanted to meet you. Though I wish it could have been under better circumstances."

Her smile faded as she turned around to look back down to the entrance of the alleyway. Now that the adrenaline and fear from battle had left their systems, they could hear sirens out on the street, attracted to Foxtrot's flare. "Let's see if we can help out EMS. Once we're wrapped up here... want to join me at Sally's? The pub? I was meeting a friend there tonight. You could unwind a bit, process everything that happened tonight."
Last edited by Spuro on Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Post by Corzak The Mighty »

Dhriti smiled back to Foxtrot. "Oh wow, you know about my 'codename'? I'm shocked! Most people just think I'm a vagrant or something when I come out to the field."

Dhriti's eyes look to the wailing sirens in the distance, before her eyes glanced back to Foxtrot. "Yeah... yeah. I could go for that. Let's clean this mess up first though."

With that, Dhriti prepared herself to aid EMS clean up this disaster of an evening...
MDK wrote:I wish my movies about dinosaurs brought back to life with mosquitos in amber for a theme park were realistic.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=29237 The Crimson Shadow redux sign-up and discussion thread
Clash of Gods (Shin Gojira vs Legendary Godzilla story, completed)

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

THE NEXT DAY...
"Hello, good morning Los Diamantes, and I hope you're all having a wonderful start to your day! I sure do hope you all are having a fine day, because the city itself has seen better days. Yesterday may as well be one we'd all wish we could forget about for varying reasons, from the petty to the blatantly obvious. Temperatures are to remain in the mid 50's with high precipitation to further damper our moods. And for those who live under a barn and have no clue why I sound like I just watched my childhood hero die in a fire... Take it away, Jennifer.”

“Last evening, the Los Diamantes Aquarium experienced an attempted fish napping. According to security footage, the would be thieves were a group of young teenagers, and a large wolf headed woman, a rarity in Los Diamantes. Their attempt at kidnapping the rare Coelocanths was thwarted thanks to security measures installed in front of the exhibit, while the vigilante Bloodless was also on the scene to stop them. Three of the young men were killed by her, while the last one and the wolf headed woman escaped. In other news, the unveilng of the Los Diamantes Amusement Park was interrupted by the emergence of a new villain who fought Supercell. Supercell was quick to send the malicious fiend packing, but round 2 happened faster than anyone could have expected, as an explosion at the Gen-Tech headquarters brought the two back to blows. According to eye witness reports, the callous villain was somehow able to immobilize Supercell and murder a large group of bystanders, in which Supercell fled from the scene. No sightings of him have happened since, though also according to eye witness reports the elusive Black Knight was there to save a handful of civilians from being crushed. An explosion also rocked the warehouse district of Los Diamantes, though according to Head of Security Alan Ray, this explosion was caused by a local gang's mishandling of firearms. In light of these events, Mayor Tenmus had declared a state of emergency, and that all people are requested to remain indoors unless absolutely necessary. Back to you, Gerald.”

“Thank you Jennifer, but man, it just sucks to see the icon of Los Diamantes, the great hero Supercell himself, be reduced to a crying playtoy. When the son of a bitch who did this is found, I'm going to be the first in line to plant my boot so far up his ass he will be coughing up leather until he is executed. Supercell cannot lose, he's Los Diamantes flagship hero for gods sake! Who the fuck is this sack of shit to do that to him? And what of the big reptilian monster se-”

“We have been forced to cut Gerald's mic due to how unsuited his current speech and mannerisms are for public news broadcast. I am terribly sorry you all had to hear such profanities and obscenities come from his mouth. However, we do have Heng Yi on standby for today's Doctor News, which was skipped over yesterday due to her unavailability.”

“HI HI! It's Los Diamantes's doctor, the people's helper, and the immaculate surgeon herself! Sorry I was not available yesterday. Real life got in the way and I had to do some things, but here I am to make up for that! Today's nutritional facts: While excessive coffee is bad for your body, that is true for any form of substance. In moderation, coffee can help improve one's longevity and reduce the risk of diabetes and a number of other illnesses, so remember to take 3 to 4 cups of coffee a day, unless you are pregnant. And for you sons and especially daughters tuning in, it is considered sinful to disobey your parents. So parents, if your sons or especially daughters try to be smart with you or disobey you, you are morally obliged to punish them as seen fit, while also remaining within the legal laws. This has been the Doctor News section, and thank you for having me! ~”
Last edited by Giratina93 on Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Franklin and Marina held hands, striding down the immaculate white beaches of Nantucket at dusk. Both were dressed exactly the same as the photo they both had as the lock screen of their phones: Franklin with his "bad boy" leather jacket get-up and Marina with her blouse and flowing white dress. The sky was awash with a dazzling array of blues, reds and purples as the sun set over the sea. The air was calm and peaceful, with only the sounds of the sea to be heard. The two stopped and looked longingly into each other's eyes before exchanging a passionate kiss. Franklin gently placed his hand on Marina's cheek as they did so, to which she placed her hand on his cheek in return. They looked into each other's eyes for a moment more before Marina turned and looked out towards the dark purple and blue waves in the distance; they were almost as vividly colored and mesmerizing as the sky that reflected on them. She took a deep breath in and closed her eyes, allowing the serene atmosphere of their surroundings to relax her. She opened her eyes, still looking off into the distance. She felt the call of the sea tugging at her, beckoning her to enter its cold embrace. She felt this way about the ocean ever since she was a child, and once she came of age, she discovered that the cause was much deeper than she could have ever imagined: She belonged to it in every sense of the word. She was born in it. Born to live and thrive in it. Born to explore its depths in ways no human ever could. Every time she came close to the shore, these feelings intensified as though she was "coming home" in a sense. Though she was unique among her people due to being able to live and walk on the surface, the sea would always be her true home. She closed her eyes again and smiled, tightly holding Franklin's hand as he too observed the majesty of the deep blue.

"Someday....I hope I can show you my other home" she said softly, pointing out into the distance.

"You'll be able to meet my real parents too! I'm sure they'll accept you as soon as they see how strong our bond is."

She turned to face Franklin but was met with a horrific sight that was all too familiar. Franklin stood there, corpse-like and covered in corded organic growth that seemed to sprout from the ground itself. He reached out to her, opening his mouth as if to call out to her. Instead of a voice, there was a wet gurgle and lava-like fluid poured from his mouth onto the sand. The sky caught fire, the blues and purples of sunset turned to varying shades of blinding red and orange as though a nuclear warhead had just detonated. The clouds split apart like cells dividing in a petri dish, and trails of nerve-like tendrils of energy rhythmically flashed in the sky like blood being pumped through veins. The white sand that once felt cool and soft between her toes was now black like volcanic ash and was flecked with glowing embers that burned her bare feet. She looked around in horror at the apocalyptic scene unfolding around her before putting her attention back on Franklin. Except it wasn't Franklin standing there; it was that...thing. That enormous creature she saw in her previous nightmare that filled her with a kind of primal terror she couldn't even begin to fathom or understand. Even with as bright as it was, she could only make out a few scattered details of it: it was enormous for one, easily towering over her 5'7" self. It was disturbingly humanoid in shape, but its legs were structured similar to a bird or a dinosaur. It's muscular arms ended in huge hands tipped with sickle-claws that could no doubt cut her in half in a single swipe. It was hunched over, and it's torso was tilted to one side, giving it a savage, feral look that made it all the more terrifying. She couldn't make out any facial features except for those eyes, those goddamned eyes that looked like two angry suns staring pure hatred at her. Just as soon as her brain finished processing the hellscape around her and the creature before her, it lunged with both hands outstretched. She screamed defiantly at the monster and right as it's hands could wrap around her throat and crush it....everything went black.

"NO!!" Marina yelled as she is sat up in bed panting heavily. She looked down at her t-shirt which was soaked in sweat, then at her webbed hands with their claws extended. She placed both hands on her face and rubbed her eyes as her breathing returned to normal. She heard a knock at her door followed by someone turning the knob to get in. She glanced at the fins on her arms and swore, hiding them under the covers, as well as pulling them up high enough to cover her gills. She pushed her head back into her pillow to hide her finned ears right as the door opened; it was Sierra.

"Marina are you ok?? We heard you yell and wondered if everything is alright?" her friend inquired.

Marina sighed and nodded.

"Yeah....just....just bad dreams is all. I've been having them all night." she said somberly.

"With everything you have going on, I can imagine. Just take it easy and remember: they're just dreams." Sierra said reassuringly.

Marina wanted to believe they were just dreams, yet no matter how many times she tried to be rational about them, something in the back of her mind and in the pit of her stomach made her feel otherwise.

"Look, just gimmie a few minutes and I'll have my stuff ready. You mind if I carpool with you, Marissa and Gemma? I really don't have the focus or attention span to drive on my own right now." Marina said.

"Sure thing! Also my dad is making his "renowned" strawberry waffles, so get 'em before my mom and my brother do" Sierra said before closing the door to the guest room.

Marina waited a few moments before throwing the covers off herself, not wanting Sierra or her parents to walk in and see her true form. She picked a good time, as her aquatic features were beginning to fade and recede. As the last of her webbing and blue-silver scales vanished, she sat up and rummaged through the pile of clothes she wore the day before. She had a sort of peeve about re-using the same clothes, but Sierra's mom had been kind enough to wash them for her overnight so at least they wouldn't smell bad. Throwing on her socks, sweatpants and hoodie, Marina headed downstairs to join Sierra's family for breakfast. Today was the day that, one way or another, she'd get to the bottom of this. One way or another, Franklin would be hers again.

==================================================================================================

Dr. Mills sat in an office room at an undisclosed GenTech location, scrolling through social media to see if there was any sighting of their "lost lamb". Timing was of the essence; the asset needed to be located and destroyed before it could be connected to GenTech. However given that an entire night had gone by, Mills suspected that they may already be too late. He'd insisted that Kruger's team be deployed for a city-wide search find and kill the subject as soon as possible, however the Board had faith in Kruger given his excellent service record. After scrolling some more, he finally found what he was looking for: a slew of posts referring to a "glowing reptilian monster" that was sighted in the LD suburbs. While "glowing" and "reptilian" certainly weren't things that could be used to describe Franklin post-injection, the headlines caught Mill's attention none the less. Clicking on one of the videos, the GenTech scientist leaned back in his chair and allowed it to play.

"Well folks, as if our fine city didn't have enough to worry about, apparently there's a dinosaur on the loose according to social media. Phone camera footage appears to show a large reptilian creature that was filmed roaming the apartments on West 7th street. We'll play the footage for you now"

The footage first showed the cameraman's hand waving in front of the screen, and in the background screaming and panicking people could be heard. The camera was then pointed at someone...or something standing in the middle of the street. As the phone camera focused, the image of the thing in the street became clearer. It sported a row of skeletal spines jutting out of it's back, and it's rosy pink skin had some kind of cracks or veins that glowed bright red-orange. The skin was also flecked with green and brown reptilian scales, adding to it's dinosaurian appearance along with digitigrade legs and a small nub of a tail. It wore no clothing, save for a pair of shredded hospital patient pants. Most disturbing of all was its face, or what was left of it: one half appeared to be sloughing off at the cheek, revealing jaw tendons and razor-sharp teeth. Yet even with most of its humanity gone, Mills' photographic memory quickly drew similarities between it's facial remnants and Franklin's. Coupled with the radioactive fissioning visible beneath the skin, he believed he'd just found what he was looking for. What he didn't understand however, was the radical physiological changes to the subject's body. This was not an intended effect of the serum; it was strictly designed to enhance physical characteristics across the board while also enabling the use of radiation-based energy projection. He'd reviewed what little security camera footage survived the lab explosion; the subject did seem to grow claw-like talons and pointed teeth, but nothing this extreme.

Something must have gone wrong. Perhaps the dosage was too high, or the components of the serum were wrong or- then it hit him: Franklin had a pre-existing condition in the form of Degenerative Kriebelosis. Laboratory projections indicated that the illness shouldn't effect the outcome of the test, didn't they? Then what if the projections were wrong? Even with the most accurate of calculations, there's always a margin for error. If this was indeed the case, then the situation could become more dire than Mills or even the Board had anticipated. If the subject was able to radically alter it's physiology over the course of a few hours, there's no telling what else it's capable of now. Mills turned his attention back to the video, and saw two men who were alleged witnesses describe what they saw. One was tall and fair skinned with a reverse ballcap and blonde hair. The other was more obese and had long curly brown hair that reached the shoulders. The more plump one of the two began explaining what he saw that night, all while gesticulating.

He was gross, man! He looked like he crawled out of toxic waste or something!” He said loudly, while his friend nodded.

A…and he had these eyes! They glowed like cinders. He looked mean as hell!!” he added with equal levels of energy. He stopped for a moment, before the proverbial lighbulb of an idea flickered on the man’s face.

I got it!! These guys all have to have a name now, right? What if we call this guy…Tox…Cinder! Yeah! Toxcinder!” He said, proud of his ad-hoc title for the mystery creature.

The tall blonde one high fived his buddy and was as visibly happy with the name as he was.

Yeah man, Toxcinder sounds badass!!” he said. The news anchor on-site turned away from the two men congratulating themselves and gave the camera a look of “What do you think?”.
Last edited by Breakdown on Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

"Rise and shine! It's MOOOOORNING!"

Heng poked her head into Kala's room, but to her confusion, there was no one present inside. The bed sheets were ruffled, but there was no mentally unstable vampiric girl present. The doctor furrowed her eyebrows. Having just finished the morning's Doctor Helper segment for the news broadcast, she had a lot on her mind, but far too little time to process all of it, especially the big headlining event of the prior night. Deep down, she hoped that would be enough to make everyone gloss over another Bloodless patented event, but even her selfish desire knew this was a more serious issue than that. And she had a feeling the day was only going to get worse despite starting with the worst possible news...

"Good Morning, Heng!"

The doctor brought her head out of Kala's room and over to Vinnie's room, where Vinnie and Kala were walking out of. Kala had her large stuffed teddy bear on her, and Vinnie looked as if he had struggled to sleep much, which was impressive considering a kid his age seemed to barely need much sleep.

"Kala, were you sleeping in Vinnie's room again?" Heng asked her, her arms folded across her chest and fingers tapping on her elbows. "I nearly had a heart attack when i saw you weren't-"

"Sorry..." Kala bowed her head. "I... just couldn't sleep. Nightmares again. Vinnie helped me sleep. I saw you were busy and..."

Heng let out a sigh. "Yes, I was busy designing the central tree for the upcoming amusement park. It's okay, I'm just... glad nothing bad happened to you is all, given everything going on." She let a smile spread on her face and brought a hand up to tap her sunglasses. "I made breakfast for the two of you. Strawberry pancakes, Canadian bacon, and grits and eggs! It's all waiting at the table for you!"

Both Kala and Vinnie's eyes widened as they looked past Heng. Sure enough, the table was decorated with two silver lined plates and several large bowls that contained more pancakes, bacon, grits and eggs than they knew what to do with. Kala was the first to reach the table, with Vinnie behind her. Both took their seats and looked back at the smirking Heng.

"Thank you for the food, Heng!"

"Thank you for cooking for us."

"It's nothing, you two. Eat up and enjoy your meal. You both have a big day ahead of you. Kala, you remember what you have to do, right?"

Kala stopped before she could shove an entire pancake into her mouth. "Go to the university and meet your church friend there. Don't go anywhere else, and come right back once we are done."

Heng nodded. "That's a good girl. Though, I wouldn't quite say he's a friend of mine... And Vinnie, make sure Kala doesn't wander off and do something that would draw attention, okay? I'm trusting you with this."

Vinnie nodded, and no sooner did he do that than Heng heard a notification from her still open laptop. She walked over and leaned forward to look at it. It was a message from Tenmus, and as Heng read it, her face began to pale. "Y-yes, you two should get going once you've eaten. I have my own important matters to attend to... Gods help us all."

"Did you say something, Heng?" Kala muffled through a mouth filled with food, syrup dripping down her chin.

"Kala, don't talk with your mouth full!" Vinnie grabbed a napkin and began to wipe the syrup away. "You know better than that!"

Heng brought a hand up to her head and let out a silent sigh. And to think, this would likely be the highlight of her day...

--------------------

"You're not jossing me on this, no cap?"

"Zenogia, can you please... not do that?"

"Do what, fam? You dragging me?"

Alice pinched the ridge of her nose as she used her free hand to scrub the back of the woman in the bathtub. The sponge covered in bleach moved between the exposed shoulder blades, and a soft yawn came from the woman's mouth. Her upper body was that of a human woman, but the lower part that flickered and hung out of the massive tub was anything but, instead a motley green scale covered body and tail. Her dull green eyes looked back up at Alice, who ignored them and continued to scrub.

"Who taught you to talk like that? The rats in the sewer? You know I can't understand you."

"Your woke mind too low key, darling." Zenogia tried to turn to fully look at her, but Alice kept her in place and continued scrubbing. "No fairs, fam. Is this a vibe check?"

"It's me removing your stench so the kids do not complain. And to answer your earlier question, I am being dead serious. I will be leaving you to look after the kids while I am off speaking with an acquaintance."

"Not another lover? Not someone sus? That feeling when you're being sus."

"Zenogia, have I ever lied to you?" Alice asked her. "It's not how you think it is, believe me. I am not in the mood for... anything of the sort, especially not today."

Zenogia went quiet, and Alice bit her lower lip. She has seen the news report, and while what had happened to Supercell put her on edge, it was the Bloodless incident that was the most damning. She recognized one of those boys. He had been the older brother of one of the children she looked after, and they had talked multiple times. The fact he was now dead meant his family would be at a loss as to what to do, a life that held promise snuffed out by an out of control vigilante. Who else was as risk so long as Bloodless and her like continued to kill those they perceived as doing wrong, regardless of the crime?

She had to be stopped, before even more families were destroyed by her.

"Clapback!" Zenogia finally managed to look over at Alice. "Don't let today be an L for you, my smol GOAT. High-key you are a snack all the salty stans want. Don't be pressed to be mad. Seeing you happy slaps."

Alice let out another long sigh. "I... think I appreciate your words, Zenogia. I'm just... in a bit of a bad mood. But... thank you. Now, let's get you dressed so you can do my job for the day. When i get back, I'll let you spend the rest of the day hunting. Maybe a movie as the night goes on."

"I'm down bad with that!" Zenogia hugged Alice tight, her wet bleached arms staining Alice's suit. " A wig suggestion! I got diamond hands about that idea. Poggers..."

Alice closed her eyes, and gently pushed Zenogia back. "Say one more strange phrase as I am dressing you, and I am revoking those suggestions."

"I'm weak, Alice..."

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Another morning rose over the slithering streets and concrete towers of Los Diamantes, rays of solar sunlight shining through the window of Dhriti's apartment. The shimmering light sliced through the curtains perfectly, reflecting off the indian woman's mirror, before settling itself directly into her eyes. Letting out an annoyed groan, Dhriti pulled the covers of her bed over her head in the hopes of getting a few more winks of sleep. After it was quickly made apparent that was not to be, Dhriti took an mournful glance towards her alarm clock.

Morning already? It felt like she'd only gotten an hour or two of sleep... How long had she been out last night? How long had she been at that bar with Foxtrot and Vee? She let out a deep yawn, followed by a long stretch. Oh well; at least it'd been a productive evening. Now she had a couple more contacts under her belt if she needed help. And of course, more info was always helpful - knowledge is power after all! Tossing aside the blankets on top of her, Dhriti quickly got out of bed, took a shower, and got herself dressed to begin the day.

As she prepared to head out the door, she glanced down at her phone, at the evidence she had gathered back at the ruins of the Gentech facility. She needed to find someone with the expertise to find more about this... where to start though... She snapped her fingers as a thought came to her. Maybe Gerard would be able to help her out? He usually had good resources for things like this!

Moving quickly, Dhriti began to make her way out the door, preparing to make her way to Gerard's apartment. Last time she checked, he was still in the Diamond District...
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Already, the sun had come over the horizon, blaring across the shallow apartment that Maximilian called a home. Despite his best efforts, he had been unable to get much sleep last night. The pain from his battle yesterday, both with the smugglers and with Lord Callous, still seared through his entire body. Maximilian stepped in front of the mirror in his restroom and examined the extent of the wounds upon his body, reflexively layinga hand upon his chest. He could feel the heat still radiate off of his body as spindles of piercing, burning pain lanced all across the front of his torso. Maximilian audibly groaned in pain, before he felt the massive gashes that had been torn into him in the fight before by falling rebar. Welts about the size of an orange, still raw from yesterday, adorned his shoulders and back, and similarly stung to the touch.

"You missed your opportunity," A voice hissed mockingly within Maximilian's mind.

The man's gaze intensified, as the mirror before him filled with azure-tinged flames. Emerging from the flames was a pair of burning red eyes that glared back at him, peering into his very soul. Maximilain let out a disgusted huff. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Do not play the fool with me, Maximilian," the voice hissed, eyes glaring evermore intensely. "Lord Callous - you had an opportunity to end his reign right then and there."

"He managed to use his powers to evade and outmatch my powers," Maximilian replied dismissively. "I'll be more vigilant next time we face him."

"Insolent pawn... you had the key to victory right in your palm all this time, and yet you actively chose not to use it," the voice snarled, as if berating a child. "With but a single strike, you could have ended Callous' reign, but you chose not to. And for what? Honor? Self-righteousness? A will to survive?"

Maximilian glanced down towards his right hand and opened his palm. Emblazoned upon it was a purplish-black welt akin to frostbite, burned into the palm of his hand. The voice chuckled to Maximilian, amused at his reaction. "You still remember its sting?"

Maximilian closed his eyes and fell into deep thought...
----
It had been a summer evening like any other in the East District of Los Diamantes - people walking the streets, children laughing, cars zooming past with goals in sight. But chaos would soon erupt in the streets, brought by a being of thunder and rage. A figure leapt from an unknown locale, standing over 10 feet tall, and crashed feet-first into an intersection, sending plumes of dust across the street. cars desperately swerved to get out of the way, but one was not fast enough to evade - a meaty red hand, easily the size of a watermelon and smoldering with an inner heat, grabbed the hood of a car, crumpling the entire front like a tin can. The riders inside screamed in horror as their car was lifted as easily as a man lifts a newspaper. The dust cleared, revealing the assailant to be an enormous man, his absurdly muscular form skin bulging with veins and literally steaming with anger, who hoisted the car overhead, intending to flatten it with the occupants still inside!

Before the ferocious brute could fold the car, however, he suddenly was pierced from above by dozens of chains! Upon the roof stood the form of Cocytus, a swirl of darkness surrounding his form. The enraged giant loosed a pained roar and dropped the car, before grabbing Cocytus chains and pulling him down off of the roof! The knight of punishment had little time to react before the enraged beast of a man swung him around, smashing him full force into nearby buildings, before slamming him into the asphalt below, burying him in a crater of stone! Before Cocytus could get up and recover, the berserk brute grabbed him by the cusp of his neck and delivered a ferocious punch, sending Cocytus flying backwards and skidding across the ground!

Cocytus let out a pained groan, dusting off the chunks of stone and debris covering him, but the giant approached once more! With a ferocious, thundering bellow that shook the ground, the giant tore up a light pole and chunked it at Cocytus, forcing the warrior to take evasive action, rolling to the side to avoid being skewered by the makeshift javelin. The musclebound brute leapt into the air and landed in front of Cocytus, sending out a powerful shockwave that sent the knight sliding back a couple feet, before he lashed out with a ferocious overhead slam with both his fists! Cocytus sidestepped the fearsome blow, before he conjured his trusted axe and swung it in a brutal sideways blow! The axe struck deep into the giant's forearm, eliciting a bellow of pain as crimson blood dripped down the length of his arm.

The giant snarled, seemingly unphased, before swatting cocytus away like a fly, forcing him to maneuver himself to land on his feet and pulling out his axe, tossing it aside like a toy. The giant charged him, arms splayed wide for a grapple, but cocytus was ready for him. The knight of punishment gathered pools of inky black energy into his hands. With a roar, Cocytus unleashed a biting eruption of deathly cold that slithered across the battlefield like serpents, striking the giant directly in the chest! The blast rapidly began to witherh is body, leaving shriveled skin in its wake, and sent him sliding backwards, tearing jagged ruts into the street below.

As the inky black cloud cleared, however, Cocytus' expression fell; it looked as though his magic's effects were temporary upon this brute, who rapidly began to regenerate the dying and withered cells. The giant snarled, before he leapt into the air and grabbed Cocytus again, before slamming him into the earth with enough force to rattle the earth! Cocytus reached up a hand and grasped with all his might upon the giant's face, unleashing a biting blast of Dis' cold upon his foe, but even as his face rotted and fell away, the giant did not stop, and began to repeatedly slam his foe into the ground, each blow more concussive than the last!

By the time the giant's assault ended, a crater more than 50 feet in diameter and 20 feet deep had been smashed into the street, pipes leaking water that rapidly filled the hole. The giant kicked cocytus' body to test for any movement; upon seeing none, he loosed a victorious roar, before he turned in preparation of causing more mayhem. Before the giant could get far, however, It felt a sudden wave of exhaustion - crippling, as if the giant' limbs suddenly weighed a hundred tons. The giant attempted to move, but found it increasingly difficult to do much more than walk. Biting particles of cold filled the air around the giant, as the air itself seemed to grow stale. Insects fell from the sky, withering unto nothing, as birds that had flocked near the scene of the battle began to collapse.

The water shifted behind the giant, as Cocytus rose from the churning depths created by the crater, as he raised a glowing, frozen blade up into the air. A cloud of biting frost surrounded the blade and radiated outwards, catching the giant's attention. With another roar, the giant lurched around for a hammering blow. As quickly as the blow came, however, it would find itself halted; A single swing of Cocytus' blade sliced his foe's arm clean off, causing it to rapidly wither into dust, and causing the wound to putrefy and rot! The giant screamed in shock, and before it could make a second move, Cocytus plunged the blade directly into his foe's heart! The giant's body instantly fell limp and quickly began to shrivel. Within a few moments, the giant's body was little more than skin and bones, then bones, then finally dust in the wind.

A searing pain burned across Cocytus' hand, as an azure brand appeared upon his armor. Hearing the sounds of sirens in the distance, Cocytus fled into the night, the searing pain only getting worse...

----
"Like it was yesterday," Maximilian grumbled. "I made a vow to myself to never use its power again. Not unless I truly needed it."

The ominous voice chuckled. "You may yet find need of it, given the foes you face. But, you've made your choice; sooner or later, you will belong to me. I am patient..."

The mirror quickly returned back to normal, leaving Maximilian to ponder to himself his next steps...
Last edited by Corzak The Mighty on Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MDK wrote:I wish my movies about dinosaurs brought back to life with mosquitos in amber for a theme park were realistic.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=29237 The Crimson Shadow redux sign-up and discussion thread

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

Jonathan slowly rose from his bed as his alarm sounded off. Yesterday’s thoughts came flooding back to him. That’s right, the stupid bunny superhero, as well as Supercell’s defeat. Shit. That’s right. Supercell. He sighed out loud. That was going to throw the theme park out of whack. On the bright side, that means one less superhero to worry about. For now at least.

He pulled his phone out of the charging port and scrolled through the notes he had made yesterday before he went to bed. Bullet points for the upcoming retirement speech for Supercell. As if he needed more work to do. What the hell did Callous do? That was a stupid question, he admitted. He was just still in shock.

After putting his clothes on, he texted his assistant Samantha telling her he’d be preparing a speech, though he didn’t want to specify why just yet. He walked to his computer and started to type out a document. He glanced at the headlines before he went though. He frowned at all the Supercell headlines. Shit. This was real bad.

He scrolled down a bit more, finally finding an article that wasn’t about Supercell in some way. This time it was reports of a large new beast. Fascinating. Ectoparasite always loved to see newcomers. He clicked on the article. Ahh, GenTech. So that’s what happened over there. Now what were they doing? On the side of the page, several other articles flashed by.

What Superhero are YOU?

LD’s LEAKED RIDES!

Bunny Hero Fail!

‘Quatheral’ asteroid destined to hit Earth!

Top 10 movies in Los Diamantes (And Why You Should Watch Them)

Jonathan couldn’t help but scoff. What kind of idiot would actually click on these things? A bemused smirk fell on his lips as he leaned back in his chair, pondering what to write for his upcoming speech. After a few minutes, he sat straight up and clicked off the page, and began writing.

Hurt. That’s all Cider could really think about. She had a restless night. But hey, she met a dragon? How cool was that? Did others meet that dragon buddy? Is he waiting outside like a puppy? Oooh! Oooo OW OW OW!!

Cider let out a sharp cry as she felt her foot cramp up. She bit down on her lip slightly to try and distract from the pain. After a deep breath, Cider looked around. That’s right. The clinic. She rubbed her head and her gigantic ears flopped down, looking around.

“Uhh, hello? Nurse lady!?” Cider called out. “Thank you for helping me!” She stood up, and nearly lost her balance. Still waking up she supposed. She rested her hand against the bed and caught her breath. Man, she was more tired than she thought. Hell, she still felt sleepy. She didn’t even know what time it was.

“Hopefully it’ll be over soon though.” she said out loud to herself. Oh shit.. She didn’t have to pay for this treatment, right!? Elodie tugged on her ears a bit as the thought of working at a nursing place forever! She didn’t know how those tools worked!

Spencer was already in his car, getting a thousand texts per minute. What in the HELL happened yesterday!? GOD DAMN IT! He slammed down on the brack. This asshole in front him was going 15 on a 45 mph road! What the hell were they doing? Spencer blared down the horn and leaned out the window.

“What the hell are you doing!? We’re in a state of emergency! I need to start fixing these damn messes already!”

“FUCK YOU! I NEED TO GET MY GROCERIES!”

Well that was a quicker response than he was expecting. Unbelievable. Spencer started to ease up a bit when the car in front of him started to go faster. Normally he wouldn’t be this stressed. Just so many things just happened to be broken. And of course he had to fix it.

Spencer groaned as he felt his phone vibrate continuously. Why wouldn’t they leave him alone? He was already on his damn way. No need to badger him about it. He FINALLY got to his spot. Some parts of this street got knocked up during the Supercell and Callous chase after the speech by his stupid employer.

God damn he hated that man. That smug smile, how he always tried to be overly friendly. It was almost sickening. He pulled out his phone, with the majority of the notifications coming from the LD Danger Spots app. It helped pinpoint certain spots that were damaged by the supers in the town. It’s mainly used by the citizens and the reconstruction workers, and it’s required to have it thanks to Jonathan’s demand. How much control does he have over this city anyway?

He sighed as he confirmed he reached his destination on the app before getting out and opening his trunk and pulling out his tool kit. Today was going to be a long, annoying day of repairs.

Tille stared at the phone screen for the longest time, waiting for an email notification from GenTech. She knew it wouldn’t happen though. Tears started to form. She really should be thankful though. She heard of the explosion that happened at GenTech. Part of her hoped it was just an accident, and that they’ll still be open for her soon.

Though, the other part of her knew it was something relating to the treatment. She just had a gut instinct. Maybe… It wouldn’t have been so bad to be swallowed up by the fire.

She stared at her phone screen for several more minutes before finally shutting it off. She grabbed hold of her cane and carefully got up to avoid breaking her bones. She walked over to her window, looking down at the foliage outside. She hadn’t been outside in a long time. The outside world was far too dangerous for her. Any wrong step, and she would wind up dead on the spot.

Tillie frowned. She really was being negative today, wasn’t she? She was so close to going to GenTech, yet she was too late. Maybe… Maybe it was for the better though. Another opportunity would arise, she would be sure of it. At least she hoped so.

She walked towards the door, slowly opening it and peered out. She saw Ceokiri, working on one of the cars she was working on. She was talking to one of the other goons, explaining something about today. Tillie gulped, stepping into the warehouse to greet Ceokiri.

“Hello.” Tillie said softly.

Ceokiri’s rainbow hair twirled around as Ceokiri turned to look at Tillie, a big smile on her face. “Heeyyy! Tillie! How’re you? Must be good since you’re actually up and about. What’cha need? Groceries? We already got a guy on that.”

Tillie shook her head. “Actually.. I came to check up on you.”

“Me!?” Ceokiri said in a surprised tone. She raised a hand to her own chest. “Well, I’m fine! In fact, I think we’re almost done with these bad boys.” Ceokiri patted the hood of the purple car. “Soon these damn police will have their sweet desserts!”

“Oh. Wow. Cool.” Tillie said in an uninterested tone. “J-Just make sure you try to keep i-it.. Small s-scale?” Tillie’s heart was racing, fearing that Ceokiri would yell at her. But Ceokiri just stared at her. After a couple seconds, Tillie nodded.

“Sure.”

Terry, one of the drivers of the cars spoke out. “Ceokiri! We could probably go for a test ride today. Snowstorm is finally patched up.”

Ceokiri beamed wide. “Good. Then we’ll prep for that as soon as we can. Perfect timing too. Poor Ms. Mayor declared a state of emergency! Less people on the road. Just be sure to bring in Specter as back up. No doubt some heroes are going to show. The dummy warehouse is set up to, correct?”

Terry nodded, then smirked. “Almost wish we could show off Twilight now.”

Ceokiri nodded. “Yeah, me too. But we gotta play our hands right. We’re going to make their entire department crumble.” Ceokiri looked over at a worried looking Tillie. “Don’t worry, these are just driving tests. We won’t be killing anybody yet!” Ceokiri laughed, leaving Tillie to stand there in horror.
Current Quatheral Population: 600!
Current Quatheral's Perfected: 283!
The Quatheral Wiki!: https://quatheral.fandom.com/wiki/Quatheral_Wiki
The Quatheral Voices!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRtkOo-Lhs

PM me if you wanna join my Discord to see the updates about Quatheral!

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Heng waited until Kala and Vinnie were out of the house before she moved back over to the laptop and clicked the message. She had a feeling she knew exactly where this was heading, and it didn't sit well with her, so she had waited so she was the only one present for several different reasons. The first was to make sure that neither Vinnie nor Kala would be around to witness, or hear as it turned out to be the case, the issue at hand from the angriest person in Los Diamantes. And the second was to make sure that the person in question had no way of figuring out she was harboring Bloodless at her old home.

No sooner did she press the message, than a video feed began to play, and it showed the interior of the Command Center of Los Diamantes. The usual staff were present on their computers, but front and center was the person who had sent the message and her two closest confidants in Alan and Goldman. Tenmus's face was blistering red, and her teeth were gritted so tight that had a button been installed within one of her molars, it would have been crushed ten times over.

"HEEEEEEEEEEEENG!" Tenmus all but screamed through the feed at the doctor, who had to resist the urge to rub her aching eardrums. She noticed both Goldman and Alan winced, as did many in the Command Center. Even with her voice being filtered through speakers, Tenmus was almost too loud to be safely heard without lasting damage. "I demand an explanation for what is going on!"

"No need to shout..." Heng grumbled. "You nearly shattered my sunglasses-"

"I'll do more than shatter your glasses if you don't explain what on earth has happened to Supercell, and why I wasn't informed of it before the news was! Los Diamantes has just lost its public hero, and I cannot risk my city being torn upside down in the face of it!"

"I... I meant to tell you, but I got carried away." Heng admitted as she rubbed her brow. "I only learned of it when the news contacted me for the Doctor Helper segment, and that was an hour ago. Finished that up, had breakfast, and-"

"CARRIED AWAY?!" Tenmus's eyes were nearly bulging from their eye sockets. "THIS IS FAR TOO IMPORTANT A MATTER TO BE CARRIED AWAY, GIRL!"

"Lady Tenmus, please..." Goldman whimpered from the side.

The ruler of Los Diamantes took in a deep breath, and exhaled. She did this several times, before she calmly, yet still very much livid, glared back through the screen at Heng. "We need a solution to this. Public morale will plummet unless something drastic is done, and this will only embolden fiends and inhumans to become more destructive and dangerous. Alan, keep trying to contact Jonathan. He wants to be the public spokesman for the city, he better have a damn good idea on how to fix this mess! We need a replacement and fast."

Heng raised a hand to her chin. "Tenmus, I'm as shocked as you are about this turn of events. I need time to think on who can possibly fill in Supercell's shoes. Your feet are big enough to do that but-"

"NOT. IN THE MOOD. FOR YOUR JOKES."

"Sorry, sorry, just needed to get that out there. In all seriousness, we need someone who can preferrably do everything Supercell can and more, or at the very least be able to be that public image of trust and security he was for Los Diamantes. I don't know where he is or what he's doing, but for now..."

She looked away and leaned in her chair, her eyes fully obscured by her sunglasses. She could volunteer a vigilante like that ebony knight or even Bloodless, but she knew Tenmus would have zero patience or faith in someone who worked outside of her sphere of influence. While there were other heroes that certainly could be counted on to help, they didn't quite scream family friendly material. What she had heard of one, Roadrunner, came to mind in particular, or what little she knew of the vigilante Foxtrot. There was the obvious answer, but wasn't that too obvious? No, sometimes the obvious was simply the best answer. It was time for her to step back into the light and become the shining star that Los Diamantes needed, a true return to form...

"What about Alice? She's well known by the public with her daycare center, and while she's no Supercell in power, she can do a lot with her puppeting skills. Until a better person can be found, at least. Maybe Jonathan has an idea or two."

"Alice... " Tenmus nearly moved her sleeves apart, before realizing what she was doing and kept them closely connected together, obscuring her hands. "Of course. Why hadn't I thought of that? You're correct, Alice would be a perfect choice to take over the mantle that Supercell abandoned. And the people trust her. She's a perfect fit. Goldman, see how much she is willing to accept as payment for such a position. Contact her immediately."

"Of course, Lady Tenmus!"

Tenmus turned back to the screen. "Heng, you are needed here at the Command Center. When Jonathan arrives, you two will collaborate on both short and long term plans to handle this mess. Whoever this villain is that has sent Supercell packing will pay, and we need to find out where Supercell has hidden himself. Those are the most pressing matters at hand."

Heng nodded, and was prepared to close the feed, when a thought crossed her mind, one from last night. "Tenmus, I was informed that... something was seen up on a skyscraper from your view point. Is... that thing still-"

"No." Was the answer the older woman flatly told her. "It is gone, vanished in the night under the cover of the clouds. At least with that regard, we can all breath a sigh of relief we were not attacked by a dragon, merely visited by one."

"But why was it even here in the first place?" Alan asked. "Wouldn't the rest of the US know of its existence?"

"That thought line can wait until this immediate mess is handled." Tenmus motioned for one of the operators to end the feed on her end. "I'll be waiting, Heng."

With that, the feed ended, and the doctor slunk into her chair with an exasperated groan. There went all the morning joy and fun, like a vampiric leech sucking out all the energy from her. Oh, what it would pay to be truly fit and like a teenager again...

--------------------------

"Wahooo! Going outside with you, it's been too long, Vinnie!" Kala leaned over and hugged her smaller adoptive brother. "Going by myself is fun, but even if I can only go with you, I am okay with that."

"Kala... Can't breath..."

"S-sorry!" Kala let him go. She was dressed in a white pair of shorts and a blue tank top with an open plain purple jacket ontop of that. She still had the golden necklace dangling from her neck.Each step she skipped and twirled on her heels like a lovestruck child, much to the embarrassment of Vinnie, who had on a simple plain shirt with a Playstation logo on it and olive colored jeans. "I'm just... excited and kind of anxious is all."

"I understand you, but this is for your own good, trust me." Vinnie told her. "Just... I hope we'll be allowed to speak with this Father Pius person and not be turned away because he's busy or doesn't trust you."

Kala grinned. "He won't. Heng told me a secret phrase to tell him that will cement my trust for certain!"

"Oh... What did she say to tell him?" Vinnie asked. His gut had a feeling he didn't want to hear it, but...

Kala leaned over and whispered it into his ears. Vinnie's mind shut down for a moment, to process what she had just said. And when it finally registered, he felt the strongest urge to bury his head into the ground and die then and there.

"She did not tell you to say that?!" Vinnie all but screamed, but forced himself to stay quiet. There were a few other people on the sidewalk heading toward the University and the stores in the Diamond Ring, and he didn't want to draw any attention, but he could almost hear his friends laughing if they knew what she had just said, especially Racliff, who had a knack for this sort of nonsense. "Please tell me she didn't tell you to say that."

"She did, and is there a problem with that?" Kala tilted her head. "I trust Heng, she'd have no reason to lie to me on what to say. Ooooh, I can see it, I think!"

Vinnie looked ahead, and sure enough there was the entrance to the diamond shaped campus, on the banks of the river, right up ahead. Vinnie took a deep breath, and looked back up at Kala. "Please, do not do anything rash, I beg of you. Just, act like a normal person, please?"

"I promise." Kala winked at Vinnie. "I'll make sure nothing happens to you. Older people are scary you know, and-"

"Not quite the problem here!"

-----------------

The door to the room that Cider had been using opened, and in walked the nurse. One eye was closed, and the other partially opened, and she lifted a hand to her mouth to yawn. "I see you slept as poorly as I..." She softly said, as she began to bring the various instruments away from the operating table and back toward the sink to be cleaned.

"The pain killers are starting to fade away, but it seems the operation was a success. Your lacerations and puncture marks were stitched together while you were under, and all remnants of foreign material removed. What pain lingers is from the operation, and what little is left to be done. A few fractures in the foot, but these can be mended easily."

She pulled out several nails and another syringe full of pain killer. "No deadly toxins present in your bloodstream, nor illnesses from debris or contamination. Consider yourself one lucky rabbit... hehe..."
Last edited by Giratina93 on Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

It didn't take very long for Dhriti to arrive at her destination in the Diamond district. She could never get over how fancy the buildings were over here - everything was so prim and proper, clean and perfectly quaff. It was like one of those pictures you'd see on the front of a post card, or as the background of someone's desktop. It was relaxing, but it also made Dhriti a little bit sick to her stomach. How could somewhere this nice exist yet so much of the city was in disrepair, or straight up neglected? It was fucked up.

But she had a goal here today, she didn't have time to complain about socioeconomics. She needed into information. Raising up a slender hand, the Indian woman wrapped her knuckles on the door in front of her.

"Gerard, it's Dhriti," she said. "We need to talk."
Somsak barely got a lick of sleep last night. Thoughts raced through his head as he lay in his messy, half-made bed, eyes glued aimlessly to the dirty ceiling above him. They... they were all gone. Just like that, in a single night, all of them... dead. Troub, guttersnipe, Urchin... that psycho bitch had made them micemeat... he imagined in his mind what had happened to them, he imagined the pain and suffering they must have endured at her hands. The terrifying grip of her superhuman strength, the bite of her fangs....

Somsak gripped his sheets tightly, extending his claws as a reflex. With a wave of his hands, he ripped a sizable hole in his sheets, large enough for him to fit nearly his entire leg through.

"Fuck..." He shot out of his bed and lifted up the sheet, peering through it in disbelief. He let out a curse before tossing aside the sheet. Guess he better get a new one...

Getting himself dressed in his casual attire, Somsak quickly packed up and prepared to leave for the day...

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Dhriti did not have to wait long. Almost the moment her knuckles left the door, it bowed the other way, revealing a well-dressed and -groomed young man with a dark complexion. Not to mention a dark expression. He invited her in with a wave.

"Yeah, no kidding," he sighed, brow pinched. "It was a train wreck last night. The media is going to be slamming us on this one."

His eyes soften. "But first... are you alright? You were stuck in the thick of things, weren't you?"

Lupastra, sprawled across an extra large couch placed haphazardly in the corner of an otherwise barren warehouse, flicked off the 152-inch plasma screen in front of her and all but hurled the remote into the nearest cushion. It bounced off and onto the concrete floor, nearly flinging out its batteries as it skittered and spun like an upside-down beetle.

"Katt," the lupine giant muttered in her mother's first language. "Katt!"

The career criminal dragged a palm across her brow and cheeks. That had been Somsak's crew chewed up and spit out up by Bloodless. She hadn't know they were there. If she had, she could have tried something else, not just ran. She knew Somsak could take care of himself, or at least run like hell when he needed to, but what could a normal person do against a thing like Bloodless?

"Are you okay, babe?"

In sharp contrast to the tawny giant on the couch, a small man with shaggy, raven black hair approached with a fresh cup of coffee. He carefully slid onto the couch, teetering immediately into Lupastra's lap; on their furniture, she was the center of gravity. Normally, she'd scoop him up in her great arms and spoil him with kisses, but today he simply slumped across her legs.

"Not really," she sighed, tilted her head back. "Did you see the news?"

"Yeah. I did. Did you want to... I don't know, say something?"

"What, to Somsak?"

"Yeah."

It took Lupastra a moment to answer. "Are you sure? He is my- you know: ex."

A thin arm wrapped around her waist. "Yeah. I'm sure. You'll let it eat up at you otherwise. I know how you are, Lu."

Despite her deflated mood, Lupastra could not help but smile. "Yeah. Maybe you do. Thanks, Miles."

After a quick, crushing hug, the lupine giant fished her phone from beneath a cushion and scrolled to the very bottom of her message history. It had been years since she texted Somsak.

"Sure hope he still uses this number," she muttered, half to herself, half to Miles, as she began to thumb out a message.

hey. its lu. just saw the news. look i didnt know your people were there too. im sorry.

Lupastra stares at the message for a few moments, her other hand idly playing with Mile's hair as he sipped his coffee, before she capped it off with, i wish i did something.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Marina looked out the rear passenger window of Sierra's car while Gemma, Marissa and Sierra conversed about everything from schoolwork to what they were going to do tonight. Gemma was a stereotypical hippie girl, with long blonde dreads and a bohemian-style dress with cowgirl boots. Marissa was the complete opposite and could be described as more preppy. She wore a long white skirt with a white-and-red striped shirt. Her long, brown hair was tied in a bun as to not get in the way of her comically large glasses. Marina wasn't particularly close with Gemma or Marissa, but she supposed that she still considered them "friends". Really, Sierra was the only one she truly considered to be a friend. She'd known Sierra since they were in middle school, and it was through her that she met Franklin in the first place. Her father didn't approve of her talking to strangers or even classmates, as he advised erring on the side of caution. However, over time, Sierra gained her father's trust. Sierra suddenly hit the brakes on her car, which came to a screeching halt as Sierra lowered the driver's side window and cursed.

"Go back to driver's ed you fucking asshole!" she shrieked at an unmarked white van that blew a red light and nearly hit them.

Sierra growled and looked back at the other girls in the car.

"You guys alright?" she asked with concern. Marina and the other girls nodded, visibly shaken but otherwise alright.

Marina remained perfectly calm; as much as she didn't want to think about it, had an accident actually happened, she'd probably be able to walk away without a scratch. It was a terrible thought, but unlike the other girls with her, she wasn't human, not entirely anyway. Marina watched as the white van continued to speed down the road, drawing ire from other drivers as it went. After a few more minutes, they entered Diamond Ring University campus grounds and began the arduous task of finding a parking spot amongst the sea of cars and asphalt. The university was massive; consisting of five main buildings made of shimmering, reflective glass and standing about 5 stories tall. They were arranged in a circle and coupled with their glass construction, really looked like a "diamond ring". In the center of this ring was a huge, terraced courtyard lush with various flowers and herbs, as well as small trees that swayed in the morning wind. Each of the buildings were connected by cylindrical glass and concrete walkways and gave the whole campus something of a futuristic look. On the west side of the campus ran a manmade river that drained all the way out into the ocean about 2 miles from the campus.

At last after what felt like an eternity, Sierra had found a parking spot and quickly moved in to claim it as other cars approached with the same intent. Marina grabbed her string bag filled with papers, when she realized she'd left her Marine-Bio books and her student ID back at her apartment.

"Goddamn it!" she swore as she dug around her bag, hoping to at least find her ID, but to no avail. To make things worse, she'd also left her paper that she was supposed to turn in to Professor Davidsworth. It was already a day overdue, and the Davidsworth was generous enough to give her one more day to get it finished and turned in. She really hated having to come up with excuses for why her work wasn't finished, but she hoped that Davidsworth would understand her situation. If not, she could always attempt to use her telepathic powers to subtly nudge the professor towards giving her another chance. She used to love using this ability when she was younger to get her way, but as she got older she began to find it more and more distasteful. She settled with simply telling Davidsworth the truth after class that she simply forgot it at home. Marina got out of the car at the same time as the other girls and stretched, cracking her back as she did so. As Gemma complained about how uncomfortable she was about sitting in the car for so long, Sierra hushed her up and the group proceeded to the campus building. Gemma and Marissa eventually said their goodbyes to the group and went off to their classes. Marina and Sierra were in the same class, and thus walked there together.

"Your dad's blueberry pancakes were really good, by the way!" Marina said.

"Hah! Thanks. Sorry my brother is such a hog, he'd already eaten over half of them. I'm serious when I say you need to get to the food ASAP before he goes into a feeding frenzy" she said while rolling her eyes.

"It's okay, really. What I got was more than enough." Marina chuckled.

"By the way, your load looks a little light today, Mari. Forget something?" Sierra commented, seeing that her string bag on her back was smaller than usual.

"Ah, yeah. Forgot my textbooks, my ID and my overdue paper back at the apartment." Marina said, facepalming.

"I'm sure Davidsworth will understand if you tell him about what happened last night. Hell, I'd be surprised if he doesn't know already about the GenTech thing" Sierra commented.

The mere mention of GenTech began to make Marina feel anxious and upset, something Sierra quickly picked up on. She put her hand on her friend's shoulder and apologized.

"Oh....sorry. Forget I mentioned it, just focus on getting through classes" Sierra suggested, to which Marina quietly nodded in agreement. They entered the automated sliding glass doors of the campus and approached the security checkpoint. The guy at the booth was clad in a black uniform, a silver nameplate and shiny black shoes. Marina, unfortunately, was on a first-name basis with the security guard on account of her always losing her ID card. Before she could even open her mouth, the security guard scratched his patchy beard and spoke.

"Lost your ID again, Marina?" He said through a yawn.

"Yup" replied Marina through a sigh.

Used to this routine by now, the security guard leaned over to the computer terminal and quickly typed in her student ID number. The security guard nodded at her to give her the all clear.

"You're making this a bad habit, Griffin" he said as she passed. She forced a smile at the security guard and kept walking as Sierra scanned her ID card and followed her.

=========================================================================================================================================================================

In the unmarked white van that had nearly crashed into Sierra's car earlier, Kruger and his team were on their way to DRU. His team has rearmed themselves with high-caliber weapons such as anti-material rifles, slug shotguns, and full-metal jacket ammunition for their rifles. Kruger sat in the passenger's seat of the van and took out Marina's student ID card from one of the ammo pouches on his ballistic vest. He narrowed his eyes and examined every detail of the photograph, memorizing all of her features to make identifying her easier. Kruger noted the unusual color of her eyes, something that would no doubt be helpful in finding his quarry. Kruger felt the van come to a stop and looked up at the photograph and to Torrance who was driving the van.

"What gives? What's the hold up?" he demanded.

Torrance sighed and motioned to the view ahead of them. Past the line of cars head of them, Kruger could see that some kind of work was being done on the road. He threw himself back in his seat and swore out loud.

"You've gotta be shitting me. You couldn't pick any other road to take?" he barked at Torrance. The mercenary winced and calmly replied to his agitated boss.

"This was the fastest route according to the GPS. All the other roads are heavy with morning rush-hour traffic. The line appears to be moving relatively quickly, so we shouldn't be here long" replied Torrance.

Kruger growled and looked out the black tinted windows of the van at the lineup of cars ahead of them.
Last edited by Breakdown on Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

"WOOOOW! It's so pretty and huge!" Kala's eyes drifted all over the campus as she and VInnie walked up toward the entrance. "The buildings, they're like glass structures! It looks so cool!"

"It is amazing to see, yeah." Vinnie nodded his head and held Kala's hand tighter. It felt like he was accompanying a young child instead of a grown adult, but that was the sort of person Kala was most of the time, an adult with the mind and soul of a child who simply did not know better. They hadn't gone unnoticed either, as many university students, mostly men but a woman or two as well were staring intently at the wide eyed energetic Kala and looking her up and down. Vinnie doubted she noticed this, but he certainly did, and with a tug he motioned for her to just keep moving forward. He did take a quick glance over and noticed that the shorts she was wearing were very snug on her and strangely small. If it weren't for the fact that Kala made her own clothes through some dark magic means, he could simply attribute it to something like throwing them into the dryer too much instead of air drying, but was she doing this on purpose subconsciously? Or did she simply feel that too tight of clothes felt better? She had asked Heng to make her pajamas smaller, but thankfully Heng had vetoed that suggestion, so perhaps it was simply personal taste, but it made things just too uncomfortable for Vinnie with everyone eyeing Kala.

Once they were inside of the entrance, Vinnie saw a group of girls walk past a security station with a guard on standby. His thoughts immediately drifted from Kala's questionable choice of attire to realizing that Heng hadn't told them they would be security in place. The school he had gone to didn't have this! Was this something that colleges just had as standard practice? He had assumed people could just drive on in to attend their courses, not have to be looked over and verified.

The guard turned his head in their direction, and Vinnie froze. "Hmmm, I don't recognize the young lady, and I certainly don't recognize this kid. Do you have an ID?" The guard asked.

Kala's face blanked, whatever her thoughts were banished into the void. "U-uuum... N-no, I don't have an ID!" Kala stammered out. "I-I don't attend here, but... I was told to say to gain entry that I li-"

"Don't finish that statement!" Vinnie cut her off. He looked over at the guard. "We were recommended to come here-"

"No ID, no entry." The guard flatly said. "Not after what happened yesterday at the big speech and at GenTech. If we do not know who you are, we are not taking any chances."

Kala's hands balled into fists. "But, we need to go in and see-"

"No excuses, that's the orders we have, now please leave before I have to call in security..."

"Can't you give them a visitor pass?"

The voice came from the other side of the station. It was a woman, a very tall woman dressed in a full white suit with a black and brown set of robes dressed over that like a monk. A white hood covered the top of her head, but her face, soft yet elegant, was clearly visible, and her eyes, one a deep vibrant emerald and the other a pale blue, looked down at Vinnie and Kala with a curious manner. She held a gloved hand up to her chin as she took long measured strides over toward the two and past the guard.

"Mrs. Seisshia!" The guard blurted out as he brought a hand up to his mouth to suppress a coughing fit. "Aren't you suppose to be-"

"Teaching? Yes, yes I am..." She said, her voice slow yet methodical. "But I felt my presence was needed here, and lo, a pair who seek to walk the middle path. Tell me, you say you are here to see someone? Who are you here to see?"

Vinnie cleared his throat once he was finally able to take his eyes off of just how tall this woman was. "Father Pius." He gave a quick nod, and looked to Kala for confirmation, but to his surprise, Kala was dead silent, all of her energy gone, and more like a deer in the headlights than a human being. Had the request for an ID shaken her that badly? "We're here to see Father Pius for some help."

"Oh, the good Father who leads our little religious conglomeration?" The woman let a small gentle smile form on her face. "Then I do not see a problem with them coming in." She reached into her sleeves and pulled out what looked to be a pair of tickets, and handed them to Vinnie.

"Wait, how did you-"

"I always carry Visitor Passes on me. It is how I help to uphold the eightfold path I walk." She looked back over at Vinnie and Kala. "And your names?"

"I-I'm Vinnie, and this is my sister, Kala."

"Aaaaaah... Such splendid names." Seisshia purred. She turned and began to walk toward the other end of the entrance, toward the main campus interior. "I can lead you to Father Pius. We work together you see, despite us having differing beliefs. It is a part of our religious philosophy here at DRU, that everyone is equal even when different."

The guard shook his head. "Fine. Just... go. First the usual loss of ID for a certain little student, and now this."

"Thank you, ma'am." Vinnie told Seisshia. "Kala, come on, let's go."

He had to drag the larger girl with him past the security gate. They had only just showed up, and Kala was already starting to act abnormally even by her standards. Freezing up for a moment or two was expected, but not for this long...

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Dhriti scoffed at Gerard, waving her hands at the man in a faux dismissive manner. "So what if I was? You know I can handle myself in a scuffle, Gerard."

The Indian woman took a brief gander around Gerard's apartment before making herself comfortable on a particularly plush couch cushion. Wiping a loose bang out of her face, Dhriti looked Gerard in the eyes, before clearing her throat. "So um... Gerard. When I was at GenTech last night, I found some stuff. Shady stuff."

Dhriti pulled out a wrapped cloth and set it down on the table, before unwrapping it to reveal a warped piece of metal, bent outwards in an awkward, unnatural angle. She then pulled out her phone,showing Gergard several of the photographs she had taken at the scene of the crime.

"Something wrong's going on here," Dhriti said. "I think GenTech knows more than they're letting on."
_________________________________________________________________________________
A cutesy anime girl "Uwu!" chirped from Somsak's phone as he headed down the street, eliciting confused expressions from the people nearby. The cat-eared man felt a rosy warmth enter his cheeks, as his ears reflexively folded down in embarrassment, before he quickly pulled out his phone from his thick sweater pocket to see who it was.

Lu?! Lu of all people sent him a message? The fuck did she want? Letting out an annoyed click of his tongue, Somsak opened the message and quickly read it over.
hey. its lu. just saw the news. look i didnt know your people were there too. im sorry. i wish i did something.
He let out a defeated sigh, quickly looking over his shoulder to make sure nobody was watching, before he belted out a reply.

Its ok, not ur fault. No way u couldve known.

Somsak quickly sends the message to Lu. He paused for a moment, before quickly typing out another message.

Hate to ask u but do u have any job leads? kinda up shit creek now yknow.
Last edited by Corzak The Mighty on Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Pat pat pat.

Pat pat pat.

Pat pat pat.

"Urrmph. Vixen... god, already?"

A tiny paw assaulting her nose rudely awoke Kyra from a much needed sleep. Blinking her vibrant green eyes and squinting against the sunlight entering into the bedroom, Kyra met the needy gaze of an extremely fluffy black-and-white cat. "Want your breakfast, huh?"

The cat stared at her for a moment, then reached out with its paw to poke at her nose again.

"Vixen!" the woman squealed, rolling away on the bed with a giggle. "I'm up, I'm up! Learn some patience you little hairball."

Climbing out of bed and rubbing her eyes, Kyra took a moment to take a look at the burner phone resting on her bedside table. She had seen the google drive document last night during her time at Sallys with Vee and Dhitri, but as exhausted as she was at the time, she had decided to save it for the next morning after her brain had refreshed itself from some proper sleep.
Breakdown wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:09 pm "You'll be interested in this. Project Hades. It wasn't an explosion. <8>".
"Another text from The Fly?" Kyra muttered aloud. She stood up and began to skim through the google drive document as she made her way out of her bedroom and into the closet opposite the hall, pulling out a bag of cat food with her free hand. As she made her way to the kitchen where Vixen's empty food dish lay in wait, she began to frown. "Fucking GenTech... I know human experimentation when I see it."

After filling Vixen's bowl and replacing the water in her dish, Kyra turned her full, undivided attention back to her phone as she began to send a text message back to The Fly.

Hey, thanks for this. :) Looks to me like there's human experimentation going on behind those walls, hey? Enhanced physical strength... energy projection... I know this shit. They must be trying to make their own supers. -_- Any clue if Callous is aware of these leaks? He and his girlfriend were on the scene last night too... they escaped before I could find out what they were after. Be safe out there. -^^,--,~

With a sigh, Kyra put down her burner and made her way into the bathroom for a nice, hot morning shower...
Last edited by Spuro on Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Blind, dressed heavily to hide her smart suit, thumbed the fake ID she had shown the guard back into her hoodie pocket. After the commotion the blonde woman ahead of her had nearly caused, she was glad she had the foresight to make one a few months back, after a rash of superpowered mugging on this campus. Being back on a college campus conjured very few good memories for her, but she was here on business. She needed to keep her head on straight.

Tugging down a baseball cap as if it would help her do just that, she lowered her head and began walking towards the classroom Dr. Davidsworth would be using this morning. If Marina was on campus today, she'd be there- potentially to intercept anyone else looking for her.

Sitting down next to Dhriti, Gerard leaned closer to take a look at the photos.

"That... doesn't look like what they claimed happened, no," he admitted, frowning deeply in concern, "but I haven't heard anything particularly bad about GenTech, in the industry or from the media. That could mean this is their first time doing something like this, or... it could mean they're very good at making evidence like this go away. Did anyone see you at the scene, Dhri?"

"You feel better, don't you?" Miles asked, his head on Lupastra's chest, which heaved as she gave a deep sigh.

"Yeah," she admitted. "Yeah, I do."

Miles looked up at the bing! of the cat burglar's reply. "I hope he accepted your apology?"

Lupastra narrowed her eyes. "Yeah, but he also wants a job lead."

"Did you have one?"

"No... but I do have a real dumb idea."

A small hand wormed into hers. "You don't have any bad ideas, babe."

Lu smiled despite herself. "Oh yeah? Wanna bet?"

no but we could make 1, she texted Somsak back.

The She-Wolf sighed before sending the next part.

u wanna kill bloodless?

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Jonah Brody stepped into the living room of his dwelling after having undergone a strenuous training regiment, followed by a cold shower to cool off. He carried with him a warm cup of coffee as he sat down at a desk covered in various electronics ranging from blinking modems to humming hard drives. Placing the coffee cup on a cleared-off corner of the desk, he unbuttoned the cuffs of his shirt and pulled a keyboard out from a retractable shelf built under the desk. With a tap of a key, the monitors fixed to the wall in front of him blinked to life one by one. The first, which was linked to his data-mining program, displayed a scrolling list of mostly useless information it had extracted from GenTech's servers. He quickly scrolled through it and frowned: as of recently, GenTech had significantly upgraded their firewalls and encryption algorithms after the massive data breach wherein he collected valuable information on Project Hades. They were well aware of his intrusions into their network and were taking measures to make it increasingly difficult for him to gain access to their data through the use of a constantly evolving code that would randomize itself every 30 seconds. He wasn't worried about GenTech discovering his location; he had VPNs on top of VPNs which made it seem as though his location was in several places around the world at once. Since he defected from GenTech, he'd used some of his savings to purchase a warehouse in the industrial sector of the city and renovated parts of it to serve has his home and base of operations. The general consensus among the higher-ups at GenTech was that Jonah Brody was summarily executed by his men for refusing to follow orders, and that's just the way he liked it. With GenTech believing he was dead, they wouldn't be actively looking for him. Still, he took extensive measures to cover his tracks. The building he lived in was purchased under a false identity using a different bank account and is masqueraded as a self-storage warehouse.

He scratched his neatly trimmed salt-and-pepper stubble as he continued to scroll through the data dump, the light from the monitors somewhat strained his eyes. The server room where he housed his set-up was fairly dark, and the only sources of illumination came from the blinking modems and eerie glow from various other devices. With all the wires and cables snaking their way out of the walls and into the various ports of his devices, it almost looked like neurons linked to a brain. In many ways that analogy made perfect sense: this was the brain-nexus of his one-man crusade against GenTech. As he scrolled, he spotted a blurb of data from the corner of his eye and hastily scrolled back up to find it among the sea of junk info. Squinting his eyes, he leaned in and read the fragmented line of text.

"Failsafe...Company produced...molecular acid...cold storage"

Brody frowned as he leaned back in his chair and tried to think of what this meant. This tidbit of information was extracted using specific keywords Brody had submitted to his data-mining software that would show him anything related to Project Hades. What stood out to him the most was "failsafe" and "molecular acid". Failsafe for what? And what the hell were they going to do with molecular acid? Obviously it had something to do with Project Hades, otherwise the software wouldn't have picked it up. Brody assumed the failsafe was in the event that Project Hades went sideways, and it had something to do with a molecular acid. Did GenTech have some kind of acid-shooting meta-human they intended to use to clean this up? Perhaps it was some sort of chemical agent? Using a compound that strong would definitely destroy any trace of...whatever Franklin Ferri had become, leaving no evidence to incriminate GenTech assuming they killed Marina Griffin as well. Brody's stomach turned at the thought of an innocent woman being murdered simply because her partner was involved in a science experiment gone wrong. He felt sympathy for Franklin too. The poor kid just wanted to be cured of his disease and gets turned into a monster instead. The couple didn't deserve to get mixed up in all this, but here Brody saw a chance to at least save Marina while gathering damning evidence to destroy GenTech once and for all. As for Franklin, Brody wasn't sure if he could be saved. He knew nothing about his mental or physical state, but if he had the power to annihilate a building, then he presented a danger to himself and everyone around him. Brody looked back at the snippet of data and mulled over the phrase "cold storage". He was aware that GenTech had vast cryogenic vaults where they kept everything from deadly microorganisms to genetically modified crops. Brody would need more time to discern the compounds' location in the vaults, given GenTech's new ironclad firewalls. The firewall was no issue; he'd crack it eventually. The most daunting problem was infiltrating the GenTech building. Even with all his combat experience, equipment and knowledge, it would be near impossible to pull off alone. He turned his chair to look at a mannequin dressed in his custom-made gear.

The basis for his kit was his original uniform and Mk. IV Exoskeleton from when he worked for GenTech. He'd removed the tracking chip from inside the exoskeleton and made several modifications to it, most of them being repairs with whatever suitable materials he could find. His uniform had also been continuously repaired and modified over the years, and it allowed him to finally put his engineering degree to good use. A personal touch to his outfit was the addition of a grotesque latex mask resembling a hybrid of a human face and a mosquito. The lower half of the face melted away into a long probiscis, which Brody had removed and replaced with an air filter from an old gas mask. The bulging, insectoid eyes were replaced by iridescent, anti-fogging lenses that allowed him to see clear as day without limiting his peripheral vision. Initially the mask was just something he picked up to add a psychological terror angle to his outfit, but over time became something of an identity for him: The Vespid. Brody remembered that he was in contact with both Blind and Foxtrot, who both took to ending their replies with a text character animal like he did with his signature wasp. Brody would be flattered if the situation at hand wasn't as pressing as it was. He'd already send Blind on a mission to shadow Marina Griffin at her university, as he was aware that GenTech had dispatched mercenaries to deal with her. Based on his passive observation of her, Foxtrot was a proficient and capable vigilante. In other words, a perfect candidate to assist him in what could be the heist of the century. Pulling a stripped-down and modified flip-phone from his pocket, Brody read Foxtrot's reply. Instead of addressing it directly, he replied simply with "I have a job if you're interested. High risk, but it could help in stopping whatever GenTech unleashed. <>8<>"

==========================================================================================================================================================

Marina and Sierra took their seats in Professor Davidsworth's classroom, however Marina quickly got back up and briskly walked over to Davidsworth, who was preparing a set of papers for today's class.

"Good morning, Miss Griffin! Did you finish your paper?" Davidsworth asked with a warm smile on his face.

"Uh, no actually. I wanted to talk to you about that" Marina said while breaking eye contact and looking down at her feet.

Davidsworth's expression turned to one of disappointment as she broke the news that she hadn't completed her assignment.

"You are aware that it's already overdue, right Marina? You're one of my best students, and this kind of carelessness is uncharacteristic of you" Davidsworth said sternly.

"Look, professor...I've had a lot going on and I just forgot to bring it with me. Heck, I didn't even bring my textbooks. The last like 12 hours have been a nightmare for me. You know what happened at GenTech last night, right? My boyfriend was in the building when the explosion happened and I still haven't heard any word if he's okay or not, and the whole situation has me stressed nearly to the breaking point. I spent the night at Sierra's house to try and take my mind off of things and like I said, I just forgot to bring my things with me. Please, you have to understand that I'm not slacking or procrastinating it's just-.....things aren't well for me right now.." Marina said earnestly.

Davidsworth sighed after Marina finished her story. He was aware of the explosion that occurred at the GenTech building, but he had no idea that Marina's boyfriend was in the building at the time. In that sense, it was understandable that she'd focus her attention on that rather than her schoolwork. He would probably do the same thing if he was in her situation.

"Alright, Marina. I'll cut you some slack this time because of what you're going through, but this is your last chance. I want that paper in next time we meet, am I clear?" he said.

"Yes, sir. Thank you for understanding, I really appreciate it. I promise I'll have it in tomorrow." she said with a look of relief before turning to go back to her seat.

As she did so, she noticed someone walking into the classroom and did a double take. The strange woman wore a hoodie and a baseball cap, and Marina doesn't remember ever seeing this stranger in class before. She walked back to her seat while casting the occasional glance over at the newcomer. Logically, this person was probably just a new arrival to the class, but Marina's relatively sheltered upbringing made her very suspicious and distrusting of people she doesn't know. Her adoptive father had raised her and her brother this way, not as a way to control them, but for their own safety. Her people had been hunted and killed by humans before, and as such her adoptive father feared that she and her brother might be hurt or killed if the wrong people found out about their true nature. This was a sentiment her biological parents, themselves Merfolk, also echoed. Marina took her gaze off the stranger and leaned over to Sierra.

"Psst. Who's the new girl?" she whispered to Sierra.

Sierra shrugged and gave an "I dunno" look in response as she leaned past Marina to look at the newcomer.

"Never seen her on campus before. Maybe she just moved here and enrolled for classes?" Sierra suggested.

"Yeah...maybe. Still, she seems off, and not in the "socially awkward" kind of way" Marina said with suspicion.

=================================================================================================================

Franklin lay sprawled in an alleyway as the morning sun rose. His mangled, twisted, mutated body twitched and writhed despite being unconscious. His right eyelid had been re-absorbed by his warped flesh, causing one eye to be permanently exposed to the blinding sunlight while the other remained closed. Around him were the remains of small animals he had killed and consumed during the night in order to sate The Beast's ever growing hunger. The pupil of the exposed eye turned a glowing orange and dilated, and Franklin sat up screeching. He tore and clawed at his head as he tried to fight off The Beast's attempts at control, tearing off clumps of his hair and even pieces of his scalp. The pain was unbearable, but the constant tug-of-war he played with this new entity was almost just as bad. This time, Franklin was victorious, but it wouldn't be for long: he already felt The Beast preparing for another brute force assault for control of this husk of a body. He penetrated the fog of his mind and remembered that he set out to find Marina, not just in the hopes that she could help him somehow, but also just to be able to see her again. Since this started, that was all he ever wanted. He desperately craved it. Standing on his feet, Franklin leapt onto the roof of a nearby building and got a sense of his surroundings.

"G..gg...gtt..gotta....fin..fin..find..mr..mari..Marina." he gurgled through his snaggle toothed maw.

Speaking was becoming an excruciating task, as his vocal chords had been changed in ways that made the mere act of pronouncing simple words exceedingly difficult. The only sounds Franklin could effortlessly make were the furthest thing from human speech; a cacophony of bestial howls, roars and shrieks. If and when he found Marina, he didn't even know how he'd communicate with her assuming she even recognized him. He was unsure as to whether or not his and Marina's bond was still intact because how radically he'd changed. Then he remembered the bracelet on his wrist: the matching twin to Marina's. It was stretched to the near breaking point from the drastically increased size of his forearm, but it was still there. It had miraculously survived this botched rebirth and the subsequent transformations that made Franklin into what he is now. Franklin hoped the bracelet would allow Marina to recognize him and with that hope, he set off towards DRU to find her, leaping from building to building.
Last edited by Breakdown on Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

"Awaken, my arms dealer."

The voice pierced through Viola's mind even in the depths of her sleep on the makeshift nest. She groaned, and raised herself into a seated position as she stared toward the monitors at the other side of the cavern. The sight of the hooded hologram was all she needed to snap wide awake from her glazed stupor, and she quickly gave a respectful bow. "My apologies, I didn't realize you requested my presence so soon!" She stammered. "I had assumed the next shipment-"

"A slight change in plans." The hooded figure hissed, before a thin smile crept across their face. "I almost felt tempted to let you sleep. You were so comfortable there, a rarity considering your usual restlessness. What has happened in the night prior?"

Viola held a hand to her chest, and her two wings fluttered. "I... I just found someone like myself... That's all. I thought I had been the only one of my kind in this city, the only demon..."

The hooded figure laughed. "A foolish notion, to think you are truly all alone. This city of Los Diamantes harbors many who are not human. Some are demonic, some are hybrids, and others are recently changed. But they all hide in the shadows, for they are feared by the many and persecuted by the leadership of this city. It is all the more reason you must continue this endeavor, this partnership we are in, my arms dealer. Otherwise, how else will your kind be able to roam freely and be known when the one who rules this city despises your kind so much? Many others will emerge from hiding when our plan is fulfilled."

Viola nodded. Yes, he was right. As it was, she couldn't show who she truly was out in public, and Adra... she looked to be little more than a scavenger with only that magical talking cat as her companion in this city. She had looked... in need of others to be with, the ability to be free, to do as she wanted, to not have to hide and shun away from the world. She herself had already suffered under one tyrannical despot who sought to control everything, and she would not allow another to do as they pleased. "Send me the shipment, and I will begin searching for those interested."

"Good." The figure swept a hand to the side and snapped his long decrepit fingers, and two crates materialized on the transporter before Viola. "I expect to hear of potential buyers within 24 hours, and for the deal to be completed within 72. As for what is contained within, one contains hallucinagenic serums that cloud the victims mind and forces them to see only their worst nightmares, and the other holds a serum that accelerates bone and muscle development a hundred fold."

"A perfect torture means for the first, and easy super soldiers for the latter." Viola clasped her hands together. "All the easier to further destabilize the leadership of this city. I will not fail you." She gave another bow as her demonic features faded back within her and her human appearance and attire returned back to her. "You can expect results soon."

--------------------

"Are there always this many people here?"

Seisshia turned her head just enough so her emerald eye looked back at Vinnie. "When we're open, yes. Though, the campus grounds are especially lively in the morning and evenings, when students and professors are coming and going. Otherwise, everyone is, or should be, in class or enjoying a meal, or attending a sermon."

The interior of the campus was much larger than Vinnie had expected. Thousands, if not tens of thousands of people all seemed to be gathered in this one area and walking through from their dorm buildings into the campus lecture halls and classes buildings. Vinnie had to assume a good chunk of the students were not from within the Los Diamantes area, but from neighboring towns and cities who didn't have their own universities. While most looked to be around Kala's age if not a tad older, he was surprised to see a handful looked younger, even one or two around his age, yet in proper university attire. Perhaps he could come here if he had the means to prove he was smart enough and educated enough to belong in here.

He gave a side glance to Kala, who was still unusually quiet. Her eyes seemed transfixed upon Seisshia's own, yet when the other woman turned to address her, Kala was quick to look anywhere else. "Is something the matter?" Seisshia asked her. "Is my stature that intimidating to you? I know a woman of almost seven feet is not exactly normal..."

When Kala hastily gave a quick nod, Seisshia let out a long sigh as she cradled her head in her open hand. "You are hardly the first, nor will you be the last, but I'm accustomed to it. When I was your brother's age, I was already over a head taller than anyone else my age, and when I was fourteen I was taller than many adults. Many people refused to accept that I was a teenager when I went to family fun centers or to birthday parties, and many others gave me a lot of trouble over my early maturation. It was a very rough time for me, and I was close to being unable to take it any further, until I turned to religion and found peace there. I also learned to defend myself and help out others in need, so now while there are those who fear my appearance or lust for me at first impression, those feelings melt away once my nature is clear to them and I help them reach enlightenment on the right path."

Vinnie didn't know what to say. He was no stranger to harassment, and not just being on the receiving end of it as someone notably smarter than his peers. As much as he enjoyed his online circle of friends, they were not themselves immune to taking jabs and insults at other online players for one reason or another, especially Racliff. Hoodie was the only one of the four who never dogpiled insults or harassed anyone else as far as Vinnie was aware, and was usually the one to vocally rebuke the other three for being no better than the average internet troll. While she had her own temper issues, she made sure to not direct her ire toward someone that didn't deserve it.

And yet, that didn't compare to what he was imagining Mrs. Seisshia to have gone through at his age. He had heard the horror stories from Heng on victims of peer pressure and abuse and sexual harassment and the lengths some people would go out of depravity, and while Heng had left out the worst of the material that was clearly unfit to tell someone of his age, Vinnie had a fairly good idea of what sort of horrors that entailed. It sickened him just thinking about it, and Vinnie had to try and shift his thoughts elsewhere to avoid becoming sick on the spot. It was a miracle for anyone to live an adjusted life after enduring such a miserable period growing up...

"Ah, here we are." Seisshia's voice was just what Vinnie needed to restore some peace in mind. It looked to him like a dorm building similar to the others scattered across the campus, but this one had a cross made of two golden hands clasped together ontop of a heart on the front door. He could hear several voices coming from within, some male and some female. "This is the dormitory we use as our multi-faceted church. We welcome everyone of all religions and beliefs so long as they are tolerant and welcoming of others and do not threaten others around them. After all, everyone here is equal under the eyes of our Creators and of the law. We should be just about finishing up our sermons and meditations, so Father Pius will be open for you to speak with."

Vinnie nodded, then looked over to Kala. He squeezed her hand, and that seemed to shake her from her silent trance as she looked back to Vinnie.

"You'll be fine in there. I will as well. No need to be nervous."

"I... Yes, I'm just... Sorry, Vinnie. I'm ready."

Vinnie nodded, and with his other hand reached for the door handle and opened the door up. What greeted him and Kala was an open large room lined with several dozen benches. The morning rays of the sun glistened through the glass roof in a gentle rainbow hue through the floor. Through this large central room hung dozens of artifacts and symbols of varying religions and cultures that Vinnie was unfamiliar with. Spread through the room were small clusters of students, each headed by a single person. One group was lead by a muscular young man with orange eyes and light brown hair and a gentle priestly face that matched the white and black robes that he wore. Another was headed by a similarly young man with tanned brown skin, light blue eyes, thick eyebrows and short silver hair, though he wore red robes and had a chained cross over his chest, and he was a tad taller than the earlier young man. A third group was headed by a reddish-pink haired woman with crimson eyes and long pink nails and was dressed in an identical, though much smaller, attire to what Seisshia was wearing. And a fourth group was headed by a much older man than any of the other leaders, with long brown hair and equally brown eyes and robes much sleeker and slimmer than the other two men were wearing. He held a closed book in his right hand that had a golden arrow like mask on the cover, and an opened book in his left that was much thicker but not as large. Only this man was now speaking, and all eyes and ears were on him. His voice carried with it a weight and authority Vinnie had only heard from the mayor of Los Diamantes, yet his voice lacked any of the impatience or stress that the latter had.

"So remember, while this world is filled with tribulation and troubles, always press forward to tomorrow, and work to create a better future. Intolerance is one of the greatest evils that has plagued our species since our creation, and by creating a unified world, we can make strides to improve the future. You are all dismissed, and if any of you are late to your classes, I shall take full responsibility."

The student body rose and began to walk out the door after they gave their thanks and blessings to the spiritual leaders, and both Kala and Vinnie stepped to the side to avoid getting in their way. A few eyes continued to gaze at Kala, but none lingered to Vinnie's relief. Only once they were all gone did Seisshia close the door behind them.

"I see you are back with a most interesting pair, Seisshia." The older man shifted his gaze to her. "Octavian had to address both his usual congregation and yours in your sudden absence..."

"It's nothing, dear Father Pius." The orange eyed man, Octavian, yawned. "Just, not a good night of sleep and needing to address both my Christian body and the Buddhist body wasn't what I expected so far. Seisshia, next time you decide to dip, please give everyone here warning in advance. I could have at least asked Aileen to help-"

"I really should have." Seisshia's smile began to shrink. "But, my intuition told me I was needed at the entrance, and lo and behold I was needed, to help these two on the right path to our dear Father Pius, for they are here to speak with you."

"Visitors for him?" The red haired woman walked over. "That's not too unusual, but... Why a child and someone who..." She shook her head. "Nevermind, Mind is running. I mean, someone who isn't a part of our campus? I've never seen a girl like you here before..."

"It is fine, Celine." Pius held up the closed book as he placed the opened one on a table. "Anyone who is here to speak with me or needs my help is free to." He walked over, his gait slightly hobbled, to Kala and Vinnie, and looked at Kala in the eyes. "What can I help you two with?"

Vinnie began to clear his throat, but to his surprise, Kala beat him to the punch. "Heng sent us here, and told me to tell you of a phrase to let you know that she recommended you."

Pius's eyes closed tight and he pinched the ridge of his nose. "Heng sent you? She wants nothing to do with me, nor I with her, yet now she sends you to me? What a terrible joke."

"S-she told me to say that you enjoy NTR!"

All went silent in the dorm room turned sanctuary. Vinnie felt his stomach plummet and had to resist the urge to crawl into a corner and die once he heard what Kala said. Had Heng actually told her to say that?! Did... Did Kala even know what that meant?! So many questions flooded into Vinnie's mind, but his embarrassment overtook any and all questions he had.

A snicker came from Seisshia, then a chuckle, before she began to laugh with a hand over her mouth. Likewise, Celine as well was struggling to hold back laughter of her own, while Octavian held a hand to his head and was shaking his head. The other group leader groaned and glared at Kala. "Can I kick her out? If she's just going to be disruptive, she has no place he-"

"Damien..." Pius cast a look over to the young man, before he turned his attention back over to Kala. "Young lady, were you told what the meaning of that phrase is?"

Kala nodded. "Yes. Heng says it means that you like Nice Timid Rats. Is... that not what it-"

A cacophony of laughter erupted from Seisshia and Celine, who couldn't hold it back any longer. They held their arms across their stomachs as they struggled to stay standing. Seisshia had tears flow down her face as she tried to breath. "I needed that. Oh did I need that. That is amazing..."

"Nice Timid Rats... That's a new one..." Celine stammered before she erupted back into more laughter. She collapsed onto her hands and knees, painful wheezes interrupting each burst of laughter. "Oh gods, I can't. I'm weak!"

Octavian grumbled something beneath his breath, something Vinnie could only catch as referring to last night over this, but Pius cleared his throat, and while Celine immediately brought herself under control, Seisshia continued to laugh, though it slowly grew weak enough for Pius to speak without having to raise his voice.

"That... is not what that phrase means, nor will I tell you what I means." He plainly stated, and Vinnie could tell now there was a slight hint of annoyance in his voice. "It is clear that woman sent you to say that as a joke to get under my skin.... But I will not send you back, not yet. I can tell just by looking at you that you are in genuine need of help, child. You are... drenched in blood, one might say, or perhaps... Bloodless."

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Dhriti shifted awkwardly in her seat, pushing her bangs out of her face. "i... um... yes, unfortunately. A lot of people did. The worst of them all was that Lord Callous asshole and his side bitch."

As if preempting chastising from Gerard, Dhriti lifted her hands up and hastily stated, "But it wasn't all bad! Made a couple of friends last night too - this black armored knight with weird magic, and a sniper lady named Foxtrot. Also made contact with her patron... I think her name was Vee?"
Sosmak had managed to find a small convenience store while he waited for Lu's response. Quickly looking for the cheapest sheets that he could find, Somsak snagged them and quickly went up to the cashier at the front, cutting his way past a young couple kissing in line.

"Welcome, how can I help you?" the cashier, a young red-headed woman with deep bags under her eyes, croaked out to the disguised feline fellow before her.

"Just these, hon," Somsak winked, placing the sheets on the counter for the woman to scan. The cashier let out an annoyed sigh before scanning them into the system for checkout. "That'll be $35.50."

Somsak blinked his eyes in disbelief. "What?! Are you serious?! For fucking sheets?!"

"Sir, I don't set the prices," the woman sighed, resting her chin in her hand.

The thai man let out a disgusted grunt before producing two $20 bills from his wallet. "There, good enough for you?"

The cashier nodded in reply, before taking the money and handing him his change. "Have a good day." She then peeked around Sosmak and shouted, "NEXT!"

As somsak stepped away from the counter and back out onto the street, another albeit more muffled "Uwu!" resonated out from Somsak's phone. He visibly cringed, hoping nobody had managed to hear it again, before he quickly read the text.
no but we could make 1.
u wanna kill bloodless?
Sosmak, eyes narrowing, quickly typed out a reply.

Fucking right i do. bitch killed my friends.
Last edited by Corzak The Mighty on Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

After locating Marina out out of the corner of her eye, Blind pulled down her hood and approached Davidsworth hesitantly. Playing the part of a shy college girl was easy; she hadn't spoken to a stranger out of costume in months now, so she was genuinely nervous.

"Excuse me, sir... I'm, um, touring campus, and this was the course I was most interested in... would it be okay if I sat in today?"

The professor smiled as if he had figured out a puzzle. "I thought you looked new. Feel free to sit wherever you want!"

"Um, thank you, sir."

Blind feinted surveying the room for a moment, then walked past a few sets of desks before taking a seat in the quadrant of the room closest to the door, where she could watch Marina in her peripherals while keeping a beat on both the entrance and the windows.

After a moment to process Dhriti's words, Gerard nodded. "Foxtrot keeps clean, and I've met Officer Bahn. Hope she didn't tease you too much. But I'd stay away the Black Knight. He's almost as bad as Bloodless."

"I'd also keep out of this, Dhri," he continued, looking Durga in the eye. "Or at least keep your head down. If they are dangerous, and if they got a good look at your face, they could come after you. Take what you know to someone who can look into it quietly, or... I hate to suggest it, but to a vigilante. I can help cover costs if they charge you for it."

Gerard sighed. "And I'll ask around at Facera too. See if anyone there is willing to give up GenTech off the record. I'd prefer you keep safe, but... you're going to chase this, aren't you?"

Lupastra sighed as she reclined even further, puling Miles fully into her lap. "God, I'm gonna regret this, babe. I just know it."

lets get with viola 4 gear, she texted Somsak back. and put word out. bet u we can get buried in cash 4 this. bloodless is a menace. ppl in our business will pay to get rid of her.

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Dhriti offered Gerard a wry smile, leaning forward slightly. "you know me too well, Gerard. Though I'll admit, I don't really have that many contacts that I can reach out to. Have any leads for me?"

Before Gerard had to answer, Dhriti interjected, as if a sudden thought hit her. "And what's up with that black knight? He's pretty violent, but... can he really be as bad as that psychopath?"
Somsak leaned against a nearby alleywall, as another "Uwu!" echoed out from his phone, which elicited confused looks from some vagrants hiding bear the dumpters and trash bags. Somsak rolled his eyes and shooed for them to leave him alone, before he read Lu's newest message.
lets get with viola 4 gear, and put word out bet u we can get buried in cash 4 this. bloodless is a menace. ppl in our business will pay to get rid of her.
Somsak raised an eyebrow. He was surprised Lu would even suggest something this crazy, let alone be willing to help him out with it. Guess she felt really bad. Seizing the opportunity, Somsak quickly replied.

Ok, i'll do what i can to get word out. where's viola at?