Superhero RPG

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Superhero RPG

Post by Giratina93 »

Isaac listened to both Matt and to Jonathan. The words they spoke, he knew they rang true but... To stop being Supercell, even for a short period of time... It was such a hard thing to come to grips with. He had gotten so used to being not Isaac as his main identity, but Supercell. Everyone knew him as Supercell, yet so few knew him as the man who had been born into such a position of power. How would the city react to its iconic hero being no more, even for a short while? But there were others who could take up his mantle, even if not fully. Matt could do that as Roadrunner, he was a swell guy who upholded all that was right and just. Or maybe that girl at the daycare. She seemed to be very nice...

He took another sip of his drink, and exhaled out slowly. " You're both right. As much as I hate to think of it, I... I guess I do need a break. I need time to let all of this pressure to go away." He looked between Matt and Jonathan. "Thank you, both of you. I'll admit I was tempted to just fly straight home and never wake up after what had just happened, but..."

He leaned forward. "Jonathan, once Tenmus knows I'm out of the picture, she's going to flip her lid and likely focus all her attention on finding someone to replace me. Matt, do you think you can step up and be what Los Diamantes needs while I mentally recover? And Jonathan... Don't be surprised if that old crane takes her frustration out on you. The few times I've talked to her face to face, all I could feel was seething anger just beneath the surface toward... I don't really know, but, maybe me, maybe circumstances, but, just be careful, buddy. And... Thanks for inviting me for a drink, Matt."
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Corzak The Mighty wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:22 am
Spoiler:
Stopping just short of the bullets striking her, Aileen's gaze shifted up to the rooftops above her, blue eyes locking with the emerald lenses of her unknown assailant's goggles. Her expression turned, brows tightening and nose scrunching in annoyance. Who did this woman think she was to stop her? Was she stupid? Had she forgotten what had transpired mere moments earlier? No matter; she'd just have to learn a lesson, like that Indian moron she'd faced earlier.

An ominous chatter resounded behind Foxtrot, followed by the shuffling of footsteps and the cracking of joints. As Foxtrot turned to face this sudden new threat, she felt a set of fearsome claws slice her across the shoulder with enough force to nearly knock her off the rooftop before pinning her to the ground! At this moment, a monstrous foe made itself apparent - a phantasmal lion, shrouded in a cloak of ebony shadow, snarled at her, paws pinned to her chest, a pair of crimson eyes glaring at her with the intent to kill!

With a chuckle, Aileen turned back to the street she was walking down, and continued sauntering down her way. She could hear others approaching as well; distinctive heavy footsteps echoed down the street in her direction. No matter; they'd meet an unfortunate end soon enough. Now, where had she parked her car?
A lion? Where the hell had a lion come from?

Pinned beneath the bulk of the massive beast, Foxtrot instinctively aimed her revolver at the beast's head. Upon realizing the potential that this could be a shapeshifter, however, she adjusted her aim lower at the last second, firing two shots at each of the lion's shoulder blades!

The bullets failed to penetrate the beast's hide, but the impact was enough to bruise and draw blood. This gave Foxtrot the advantage she needed to push against the beast's abdomen with both of her boots, but to her shock, her legs phased right through the lion's body.

"Fuck!" Foxtrot cursed, and she fired another point-blank shot at the paw pinning her down. As the bullet struck true, the big cat released its grip on her with a yelp, and Foxtrot took the chance to roll away. She scrambled to her feet before the big cat could regain its bearings and dove off the roof's edge, catching a window sill to break her fall, then kicking off from the brick wall and rolling into a landing on the street below.

With some space between herself and the strange, bullet-resistant phantasmal lion, Foxtrot drew a second pistol from her right holster. This one was loaded with armor-piercing nanosteel rounds, powerful enough to penetrate through just about anything Foxtrot needed. She aimed up at the phantasmal lion, which was still on the rooftop above her, and attempted to use her goggles to avoid its internal organs... only to find nothing within its body.

"I guess you're not real, huh?" Foxtrot pulled the trigger, and with a deafening crack the nanosteel bullet was launched directly between the lion's eyes.

For a moment, Foxtrot assumed the bullet had punched clean through the monster's skull. Then her keen eyes noted the lack of blood. Not even a bullet hole.

It had phased through just as her boots had.

Acting quickly before the lion could make its way down to the street, Foxtrot crossed the road to the other side and holstered her nano-steel loaded revolver, then reloaded her normal revolver with a moon clip in preparation for the phantasmal lion's next attack...
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Post by Corzak The Mighty »

The lion let out a loose pained bellow as the bullets struck its spectral form, drawing shimmering spectral blood from thin, bruised wounds. The creature eyed Foxtrot intensely, eyes shimmering like will o the wisps in the darkness, circling her as best it could in seeming search for a good opening to strike. Suddenly, in a burst of fearsome speed, the lion pounced once more at foxtrot, swiping at her chest with a set of spectral claws!
----
"It'd be appreciated, yes," Aileen replied matter of factly, the edges of her mouth curled into a smirk. She looked back towards the alley, blue eyes scanning for any signs of movement coming closer to their location. "No doubt those other fools heard the commotion and are making their way here right now."

As if on cue, a loud thump soon rang through the passageway that Callous and Aileen found themselves within, followed by a cloud of dust. A set of shimmering, icy blue eyes soon peered out through the debris cloud, revealing an ebony armored form shortly afterward, twin horns spiraling up from his helmet head. Clutched in his hands was a massive axe almost as tall as he was. His eyes glance to Aileen, before locking themselves onto Callous.

"You..." Cocytus hissed, raising his axe. "You will pay for what you've done here tonight. You should have left your grunt to die alone."

Not too far from the conflict ahead, Dhriti slid into the alleyway, flexing her ethereal golden arms. Her brown locked intently on Aileen, as her face turned to a fearsome scowl. She was gonna make that blonde bitch pay!
Last edited by Corzak The Mighty on Sun May 15, 2022 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDK wrote:I wish my movies about dinosaurs brought back to life with mosquitos in amber for a theme park were realistic.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=29237 The Crimson Shadow redux sign-up and discussion thread
Clash of Gods (Shin Gojira vs Legendary Godzilla story, completed)

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Roadrunner listened to Isaac suggest that he take up Supercell's place as the city's mascot and leaned back while blinking several times. That was totally unexpected. Matthew stammered while looking around the room, unsure of what to say. He'd always considered himself to be a relatively small-time despite his popularity, especially when compared to someone like Supercell. He honestly didn't know if he had what it took to take on that burden. On one hand, it would be for the good of the people to have an icon they can count on in Supercell's absence. On the other hand, he didn't want to give up the party life that Roadrunner had come to be associated with. Frankly, he imagined his "extracurricular" activities might paint him in a negative light. He ran scenarios in his head: "Old lady perishes in house fire, where was Roadrunner??". Probably at a nightclub getting hammered.

"Yeah, definitely not a good look" he thought to himself.

Matthew came back to the present and cleared his throat.

"Well, uh, that's quite an undertaking you're asking of me, darling. The fact is that I dunno if 'lil 'ole me is cut out for a big role like that. I might have the guys and gals chomping at the bit to get my autograph, but my popularity mostly comes being that "cool, underground" sort of bloke. Supercell is more high class, if you catch my drift. He's probably a better role model for the youngsters out there as well. I don't think parents would be pleased to see their supposed "role model" promoting, sex, drugs, alcohol and trance music." Matthew chuckled while nudging Isaac with his elbow before taking another sip of Brandy. At the end of the day, he simply didn't feel like he had the discipline and responsibility to be the city's paragon of heroism.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

Jonathan sighed. He figured that Matthew was going to say something like this. It was fine though. After another sip, Jonathan nodded. "We could always go for the vigilante's in this city. Something like... Foxtrot perhaps." He leaned back into his chair, wiping some sweat off from his forehead. He exhales loudly. "Yeah, she seems to be the most prominent besides you two. I think she has the potential then to be the face of this lovely city."

Jonathan finished his glass, setting it down on the table. "I think I can pull this off. No amount of setbacks will ever disrupt this city fully." He chuckled lightly. "I'll try to contact Foxtrot at some point. Just as a heads up." Inside of Jonathan's mind, he was gleaming with joy. Perfect. Absolutely perfect. This was the perfect chance to get closer to Foxtrot and figure out her gadgets. Those would be useful. He turned to the both of his buddies and smiled.

"I think I got the plan. I'll call the ol' hag Tenmus up in the morning to explain what's going on next morning, alright?"
Current Quatheral Population: 600!
Current Quatheral's Perfected: 283!
The Quatheral Wiki!: https://quatheral.fandom.com/wiki/Quatheral_Wiki
The Quatheral Voices!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRtkOo-Lhs

PM me if you wanna join my Discord to see the updates about Quatheral!

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Blind, deeply engrossed in footage of the sword-wielding villain who had refused to be left out of the spotlight, took a few minutes to glance down at her phone and realize Bee had responded. Though no one was around to have judged her for it, an embarrassed heat rose to her cheeks anyway as she began to type a reply.

She needs protection then. Any leads on her location? I dont like the idea of tracking a private citizen but better one of us find her than a merc. OvO

The vigilante hesitated to send the message this time though, glancing between it and Bee's. After a few moments' debate, she backspaced and added a flourish to her owl, same as Bee had done with their insect.

(OvO)

She allowed herself a small smile as she sent Bee the refurbished reply.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

The mystery sender's reply came swiftly on Blind's phone in the form of three separate messages, two images and one text. The first image was of Marina's student ID card. She was fair-skinned, with smooth facial features including wide set eyes, and a pointed chin. She also possessed short-cut hair with blue tinted bangs on one side. Most striking and somewhat startling of all however, were her eyes: an unusual bright yellow-amber color. Perhaps it was merely just a very rare eye color, or perhaps it was indicative of something more. Below her photo was her ID number and graduation year. The second image appeared to be her class schedule and by the looks of it, Marina was quite interested in STEM, specifically Marine Biology which she was majoring in. Her first class began at 8:30 AM and ended at 9:25, where in she'd move on to her next class. Her professor listed for her first class was one "Davidsworth", which also included a staff ID number if Blind chooses to look into him as well.

"GenTech has likely already dispatched operatives to locate her and Franklin. If I had to guess, Franklin is probably looking for her as well, meaning the GenTech team will be able to nail both at the same time if they find them. Fair warning: Be extremely careful if Franklin is present. If whatever GenTech gave him allowed him to level an entire building, there's no telling what else he can do. It goes without saying that there will be a heavy civilian presence at the university as well. <>8<>"

Read the text message. Behind a wall of computer monitors rigged together, a man largely obscured by dim lighting typed up one final message for Blind before changing the monitors to some kind of data-mining software.

"Good hunting. GenTech's reckoning is coming soon. <>8<>"

=================================================================================

Matthew took another sip of Brandy and smacked his lips. He was starting to feel a bit tipsy from the copious amounts of alcohol the trio had been drinking since they got together, and it was just the way he liked it. Drunk Roadrunner was an even more fun Roadrunner to be around, according to those that had the pleasure of being around him when the speedster was several shots in. He thought about Isaac's offer to take his place as Los Diamante's golden boy, and still the idea seemed unappealing especially given his intoxicated state. He could imagine himself stumbling on stage carrying a bottle of whiskey, covered in glowsticks, confetti and other party items before proceeding to spew an incoherent, drunken speech about how he's going to protect the city with his dying breath. Breath that would no doubt fail a breathalyzer test several times over, of course. He winced and took another shot of Brandy before turning to Jonathan and Isaac.

"Sounds like a plan, old chap. Hopefully you can work your magic on that dour slag and get her to hire someone fit for the job. As for you Isaac, definitely lay low for a bit like we suggested. Go on sabbatical, do some soul searching. I'm sure the city will eagerly await your glorious return once you've got things all figured out" he said with a friendly smile, the alcohol noticeably beginning to affect his speech. Matthew stood up and stretched, cracking his neck and swiftly turning to his two seated friends.

"If you lads don't mind, how's about we hit the bar proper and get our groove on? I think some dancing would be therapeutic for you, Isaac!" Matthew said while motioning towards the door.
Last edited by Breakdown on Thu May 19, 2022 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Internally, Issac was kicking himself. Was he so out of it that the thought of suggesting someone with the lifestyle preferences as Roadrunner as the public face of Los Diamantes was actually a good idea? He knew Matt was a good man, but he was right; Matt's way of living just wasn't a good fit in being the person everyone would look up to.

"Sorry, not the best idea I've had." He apologized to Matt. "I guess I'm more mentally beaten than I thought... Foxtrot?" He raised an eyebrow at Jonathan's suggestion. The name seemed familiar to him, but he was having a hard time putting an image to it. There were so many vigilantes that seemed to make Los Diamantes their home, he was starting to lose track of them all. The only one that seemed to stick out to him was Bloodless, and for all the wrong reasons. Tenmus had asked him on more than one occasion to hunt down the vampiric being since while she was technically doing good, the fear and swath of destruction and death she left of the criminals she faced was putting the upper heads of Los Diamantes on edge, and while Supercell had complied and tried to track her down, his searches had come up empty handed. It was like trying to find a shadow melting needle in a haystack dozens of miles in every direction. A brief thought came to his mind, that perhaps this open position could be used to lure Bloodless out into the open, but he was quick to dispel the idea. There was no way anyone else would go along with it.

"Don't most vigilantes prefer to remain out of the light?" Issac asked Jonathan. "If she accepts, all the better, but I don't know if she'll bite, or if Tenmus will be all that happy with it..."

He looked down at his glass and sighed. "Yes, explaining it to Tenmus... I hope that goes well. I wouldn't be surprised if she decides Puppeteer is the best choice, not that I'd blame her..."

At Matt's suggestion, he rose out of his seat, and a thin, weary smile returned to his face. "Normally I'm not the type to dance, especially not now... But I can't just turn down an offer. And yes, I'll do some soul searching, lay low for a while. Dance this horrible night away..."

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

Jonathan nodded at Isaac's suggestion. True, Puppeteer would probably be the best one. That would be the back up then if Tenmus was really insistent on not having Foxtrot be the new face of LD. He would still push for Foxtrot though. He needed to know more. One small crack could break the whole ship if given the time. Jonathan looked over at Matthew, smirking at his offer. He shrugged and got up from his seat, stretching his arms out.

"Sure, I'm up for a dance or two. I do gotta head home after though. Going to be another long day for tomorrow." He straightened his suit, and soon met with the others on the dance floor.
Current Quatheral Population: 600!
Current Quatheral's Perfected: 283!
The Quatheral Wiki!: https://quatheral.fandom.com/wiki/Quatheral_Wiki
The Quatheral Voices!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRtkOo-Lhs

PM me if you wanna join my Discord to see the updates about Quatheral!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Callous’ blade reignited as his eyes fixated on the monolith that challenged him. He started to cautiously step forward towards the… creature, that so happily mocked his greatness with those foul words of his. Holding his blade out in front of him, his amber eyes started to glow as he raised his other hand behind him. Picking up pieces of rubble, street poles, and whatever else laid asbout, he rode them above his head, and poised them for attack.

“You’ve made a mistake challenging me.” Callous called, “Aileen? Are we taking this together?”

As Callous awaited a response, the warrior’s eyes only grew more powerful, the icy blue glow growing ever stronger. The grip on his axe grew ever tighter as the villain walked closer.
For Emperor and Empire!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Spoiler:
Corzak The Mighty wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:14 am The lion let out a loose pained bellow as the bullets struck its spectral form, drawing shimmering spectral blood from thin, bruised wounds. The creature eyed Foxtrot intensely, eyes shimmering like will o the wisps in the darkness, circling her as best it could in seeming search for a good opening to strike. Suddenly, in a burst of fearsome speed, the lion pounced once more at foxtrot, swiping at her chest with a set of spectral claws!
A crack rang out across the street as Foxtrot intercepted the lion's swipe with a well-placed bullet to its paw. Once again, the round only bounced off, leaving a bruised, wet welt, but it was enough to halt the cat's attack and allowed Foxtrot to put more distance between herself and the phantasmal figure.

Realizing she wasn't getting anywhere, Foxtrot took careful aim with the aid of her goggles and fired two rounds into each of the lion's eyes, hoping that the impact might blind the monster!
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

The spectral lion, already staggering from the welting blows that had struck it earlier, had little time to react as Kyra's bullets struck directly into its eyes! A spray of ethereal fluid jetted out from its eyes, followed by a fearsome roar of pain! The lion clawed at its face in confusion, staggering about...
----
Aileen offered Callous a crazed smile and a nod. A chance to fight alongside Lord Callous once more? How could she turn such an opportunity down? Blue eyes shifted to the pair of heroes before them. This didn't look like it'd be too hard to handle. Heroes and villains stood their ground, anxiously waiting to see who would make the first move into the fray.

Striking first, Cocytus pushed off the ground in a cloud of dust before he lunged towards Callous, heavy axe gripped in his hand, raised overhead to strike! Poised to launch his assault, Lord Callous called down the rain of debris and objects upon Cocytus and Dhriti alike, intent on crushing them flat! Slashing his heavy bladed weapon through the air, Cocytus shattered hunks of rubble, sliced poles in twine, and scattered any junk that got in his way. Clearing the destructive assault out of his path, the ebony knight landed in front of Lord Callous and lashed out at him with an overhead strike!

"Shit!" Dhriti cursed as she darted out of the way of the volley, duckign to narrowly avoid being flattened by a couple of light poles flung her way. As Dhriti pushed herself off the ground to rush Aileen and Callous, a strange swirl of psychic energy manifested before her, as a dark-robed humanoid appeared before her, before striking at her chest with a vicious punch! Raising up her spectral arms, Dhriti blocked the blow, before lashing out with a kick! The blow, however, phased uselessly through her assailant's chest, eliciting an evil chuckle from them, who then struck her in the gut with a kick, sending her tumbling back!

Dhriti looked confused. What the hell?! That kick didn't hit him?! it was like... she was hitting the air! Like this weirdo wasn't even there!
Last edited by Corzak The Mighty on Sat May 21, 2022 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDK wrote:I wish my movies about dinosaurs brought back to life with mosquitos in amber for a theme park were realistic.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=29237 The Crimson Shadow redux sign-up and discussion thread

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

It was a strange night for Vinnie. He had tried to go to sleep, but his thoughts couldn't escape from the circumstances of the night. If it had only been Heng chastising and lecturing him on the kind of online friends he was communing with on her laptop, that would be fine for him. It sucked, and he felt uneasy trying to explain to his adoptive mother that he was the pure one among his friends and he would never swear or do anything bad of the sort, but it could have been worse. All he had gotten was a stern lecture that had lasted for an hour, on how he had to be extremely careful about who he associated with and the dangers of strangers online, and thankfully not having the laptop confiscated from him entirely. It meant Heng trusted him enough to allow him some leeway, and for that Vinnie could breath a sigh of relief.

No, what kept him up was Kala. She had murdered, again. Despite what he had tried to tell her this morning, she had gone and killed those who didn't deserve such a horrific fate. It was clockwork, a near constant rhythm for Kala to be told, again and again, to not lose herself, and yet each and everything she still did it. And it wasn't like the effort wasn't there for her to not do it. Vinnie could still see the visual confusion on Kala's face during her attempt to explain herself. It clearly was something she was trying, ever so much, to remedy for his sake and for Heng, and yet it never seemed to be enough. It was like a drug addict who couldn't keep away from the cocaine even if it was killing her. And this, this was going to kill her if she couldn't stop it. But how, how could Kala stop being so murderously destructive like a serial killer? He couldn't just call someone and ask how to make a vampire stop being a vampire...

He had flicked on his phone and after apologizing to his friends for dropping out so suddenly, asked them on what they would do if they were tasked to make Bloodless fit to live in society, as a purely hypothetical situation.

"Are you shitting us?" Racliff had messaged back. "Fixing that psychopathic bitch is beyond human capability. The only solution is a silver knife through the brain! That's how you make her able to fit into society, Vinnie!"

"I wouldn't go to Racliff's extremes, but... What you're asking is a tall order." Hoodie replied. "A lot of professional help, keep her locked down somehow."

"No, Racliff's right." Trident injected. "Bloodless is a unremorseful monster who's only saving grace is killing bad people. You have to treat someone like that like you would a lion or a bear."

"I'd rather walk up next to a lion or a bear than be within a thousand meters of that bitch. At least the predators would make my death fast."

"Racliff, lions eat you while you are alive, and I'm sure bears do as well." Hoodie then added in, "And Bloodless is clearly not just a frenzied animal. There's some sentience there, she's human in a way, so she can be helped, but... the question is how."

"Yes, that's right!" Vinnie quickly typed in. "The how is the difficult part, but she can be helped."

"Maybe contact Supercell if you want to rehabilitate her." Gumps chimed in. "He can do anything humans cannot. He can maybe help her out."

"If he isn't busy handling that creep who interrupted his speech." Trident's post popped up.

"Supercell handled him easy! He can handle Bloodless as well!"

"That's not what I saw on TV. I saw Supercell look mortal."

"Your eyes need to be fixed, Trident. Or is your old super hate boner popping up again?"

"Says the walking lard."

Both Gumps and Trident vanished from the group chat, and quickly Hoodie's post came in. "Dropped them both into the ball pit corner. Want to join them, Racliff?"

"NO!. I'll behave. I'll just stay quiet and... Ah shit, there's the cheese cake! Night you two!" Racliff logged off, and it was just Hoodie and Vinnie. A personal message appeared at the top right corner of the message board, and when Vinnie opened it, it was from Hoodie. What he read made his face pale.

"It's a strange question for you to drop on us all of a sudden and so late, Vinnie. Anything going on your end? Did you run into Bloodless?"

Vinnie's mind was reeling for an answer. If he told them the truth, he was a dead kid walking. It would be a terrible thing, but... He couldn't lie, either. What was he to say?

He hastily typed out, "Y-yes. I saw her near my house. She looked... so confused and pained. So lonely, so vulnerable. I want to help her but..."

"Don't." Was Hoodie's instant response. Her next post came in, "As much as I hate how Racliff and Trident put it, they're right in that she's as dangerous as an animal. One moment she may seem human, and the next she can lash out. Someone like her needs more than just professional help, but a complete mental overlook. You're a kind kid, Vinnie. Not like the rest of us knuckle-draggers who feast off the bottom of the nearest dumpster for a living. I can tell, you want to help out others no matter what, but that kind nature can get you killed. You never know when you might land on a spider's web trying to help someone out, and you become a victim. So please, don't do anything reckless, and don't get yourself ensnared by any spiders. This city is a strange and dangerous place as is, and doing something reckless can and will get you killed. I would hate to see you fall to one of those predators in any sense."

Vinnie let out a light cough as he rolled ontop his stomach in his bed. There was something about Hoodie that seemed different from the other three. They were so energetic and like a gang, and yet she... She was so gentle and caring, not try-hard. And he couldn't argue against her. She was right. He typed back out, "Understood. Thank you, Hoodie. And... sorry for both springing this on you so suddenly, and for dipping earlier."

"It's understandable. Life gets in the way, parents intervene, and you have to dip to save face. I know how that is. Next time we're all open to play Fate and Phantasms, we're beating that boss, no matter what. Goodnight, Vinnie, and stay safe."

The private message ended, and Vinnie plopped his head down into his pillow and slid his phone under the pillow beside him. He didn't exactly get the help he wanted, but Hoodie's words... there was something to them. A mental overlook... What did she mean by that...?

He heard the door open, and felt a hand rub on the top of his head. "Vinnie..." The voice was Kala's, and she sounded timid and low, which rang alarm bells in his mind. "C-can I sleep with you? I can't sleep..."

"K-Kala!" Vinnie sat up in his bed, and found his face greeted by Kala's other hand, keeping him mere inches from her chest. He turned his eyes up, and saw she was holding her stuffed teddy bear, one long worn and torn into, against her side. "No, you can't. You have to go back to your own bed-"

"Please?" Kala leaned forward, and pushed Vinnie onto his back. "Heng will yell at me if I ask her, and... I still have nightmares."

Vinnie rubbed the ridge of his nose. And after he had just told Hoodie he wouldn't do anything reckless... Nevermind how wrong this felt. "Fine." he relented, and turned onto his side. He felt Kala slip into the covers and wrap her arms around him, and he felt so very small, so helpless in the embrace of his older sister figure. "Goodnight, Kala."

"Goodnight, Vinnie... Thank you." Her voice trailed off, and within seconds she was fast asleep. Vinnie let out a pained exasperated sigh. She reeked of sweat, and he could feel her press up to him, so sleeping was going to be nearly impossible at this rate.

This was going to be a long, exhausting night, wasn't it?

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Spoiler:
Corzak The Mighty wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:00 am The spectral lion, already staggering from the welting blows that had struck it earlier, had little time to react as Kyra's bullets struck directly into its eyes! A spray of ethereal fluid jetted out from its eyes, followed by a fearsome roar of pain! The lion clawed at its face in confusion, staggering about...
----
Aileen offered Callous a crazed smile and a nod. A chance to fight alongside Lord Callous once more? How could she turn such an opportunity down? Blue eyes shifted to the pair of heroes before them. This didn't look like it'd be too hard to handle. Heroes and villains stood their ground, anxiously waiting to see who would make the first move into the fray.

Striking first, Cocytus pushed off the ground in a cloud of dust before he lunged towards Callous, heavy axe gripped in his hand, raised overhead to strike! Poised to launch his assault, Lord Callous called down the rain of debris and objects upon Cocytus and Dhriti alike, intent on crushing them flat! Slashing his heavy bladed weapon through the air, Cocytus shattered hunks of rubble, sliced poles in twine, and scattered any junk that got in his way. Clearing the destructive assault out of his path, the ebony knight landed in front of Lord Callous and lashed out at him with an overhead strike!

"Shit!" Dhriti cursed as she darted out of the way of the volley, duckign to narrowly avoid being flattened by a couple of light poles flung her way. As Dhriti pushed herself off the ground to rush Aileen and Callous, a strange swirl of psychic energy manifested before her, as a dark-robed humanoid appeared before her, before striking at her chest with a vicious punch! Raising up her spectral arms, Dhriti blocked the blow, before lashing out with a kick! The blow, however, phased uselessly through her assailant's chest, eliciting an evil chuckle from them, who then struck her in the gut with a kick, sending her tumbling back!

Dhriti looked confused. What the hell?! That kick didn't hit him?! it was like... she was hitting the air! Like this weirdo wasn't even there!
Foxtrot took advantage of the lion's confusion and blindness to race off in the direction where the woman with the wide-brimmed hat had disappeared to. It wasn't coincidence, she reasoned, that the spectral cat had attacked moments after Foxtrot had engaged her. The two had to be connected somehow. If her bullets couldn't kill the lion, then perhaps she'd have better luck taking the woman on directly.

The swift vigilante rounded the corner just in time to see a wave of rubble and debris smash into the street, nearly crushing two heroes: one a heavily armored ebony knight that Foxtrot didn't recognize, the other an athletic Indian woman in seemingly normal street wear. This hero was one she did recognize: it none other than Durga, The Invincible Fortress herself! And she was being threatened by a familiar looking phantasmal entity.

"Great, more of these fucking things," Foxtrot hissed. After the robed spectral figure kicked Durga away, Foxtrot opened fire with her revolver from across the street, aiming two shots at the entity's skull in an attempt to disorient it long enough for Durga to recover...

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

The long weapon sliced through the air, Callous having but a moment to roll out of the way. The axe slammed into the ground, created a shockwave that rippled through the villain's cape. Cocytus's ebony armour reflected a crimson light that grew ever brighter as the villain slashed his blade towards him!

Dodging the attack, the armoured hero yanked his weapon from the ground and stood tall above Callous. Preparing to repeat his attack, Cocytus lifted the bladed-weapon above his head and swung it down at Callous, who caught it in a blade lock. The scarlet hue of the glowing energy blade racked against the metallic axe, creating an uneasy hiss. The hero and villain locked eyes, each trying to overpower one another. One thing Cocytus had was sheer size and brute strength, which he used to push down on the villain below.

Callous turned his head for a moment, seeing another hero locked in combat with a spectre. That could be trouble. He thought, I've got to get this nuisance off of me. Callous twisted his blade, to little affect. The axe had locked him in position, had him pinned down.

Callous had an idea, but it was risky. He could die in an instant, but he favoured these odds over none. Callous closed his eyes, his brain bubbled with psychic power. In an instant, his blade turned off, Cocytus' axe now having a free path to it's target. Turning his head, while reigniting his blade, the axe was dodged and Callous' own blade was now right in his opponent's face! The ebony knight pulled back in surprise, Callous regained his footing.

Back to square one. Callous held his own, but the odds were ever shifting, and not particularly in his favour...
For Emperor and Empire!

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Cocytus backed off in surprise as Callous' crimson blade reignited, its searing tip leaving a thin crimson line across the eyehole of the knight's ebony helmet. Devilish smirk emblazoned upon his face, Lord Callous seized this opening, lunging forward with his sword with a decisive thrust towards his neck! Azure eyes darting quickly back towards his opponent, Cocytus relinquished his grip of his axe to narrowly sidestep the blow, causing the crimson blade to slice a glowing scar across his breastplate, before quickly lunging forward with a ferocious punch! His dark clad foe let out a surprised huff, awkwardly maneuvering his body of the way of his foe's fist in such a way to deflect the majority of the blow.

Within Cocytus eyes roiled a biting anger, which emanated from him like a chilling wind from the far north. His body radiated a sapping, deathly cold that bit into Lord Callous' very being, sapping his strength and fogging his mind. It was as if his body was rebelling against him, unwilling to obey his commands! Cocytus' forearm swung back into Callous' ribs with enough force to send the villain scattering across the ground, cracking the earth beneath him!

Approaching his foe, Cocytus wrenched his axe free from the concrete and raised it overhead, fully intent to put an end to his reign...
----
The thunder of gunfire shook the alleyway as a pair of shots fired out from Foxtrot's pistol, each of them striking true into the robed man's body! The figure loosed a nightmarish scream, staggering back from the pain of the shots. Before the figure could glance back towards Dhriti, the figure was suddenly hammered by a flurry of decisive blows by the woman, her glowing arms unleashing a rapid fire series of punches, each with enough force to crack bones! With a final, fearsome haymaker, Dhriti sent the figure sprawling across the floor, collapsing in a heap. Looking to Foxtrot, Dhriti offered her a nod and a smile, before steeling her posture against their common foe.

Seeing two sets of eyes locked on her, Aileen let out a concerned gasp. She was no fighter; a situation like this was not something she was equipped to deal with alone! Eyes widening, she suddenly noticed the massive, ebon-armored figure from before looming over Lord Callous. No... this wasn't how this would end! It wasn't right!

Gritting her teeth, Aileen let out a terrible scream, one that echoed through the entire alleyway, as blood began to drip from her nose and ears, veins bulging across her forehead. Suddenly, a deep bellowing roar filled the entire alley, shadows coalescing into a massive, singular form, one 10 meters int height and diameter. From the shadows emerged a writhing mass of humanoid limbs, knotted and warped like tentacles, each ones' palms housing a glowing crimson eye. The creature's tentacles launched outwards toward Foxtrot and Dhriti, as the two suddenly felt a powerful wave of soul-crushing anxiety and fear fill their hearts.

"Shit!" Dhirit yelped, maneuvering quickly to evade the onslaught levied against her...
Last edited by Corzak The Mighty on Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Blind, though initially distracted from Bee's third message, was reminded when a second notification dinged on her desktop. The analysis of the pipe sample was complete: 100% lead.

I'll be there, she quickly texts back. You be safe too. (OvO)

It would take all night to reformat her gear to safely include lead restraints, but, luckily, she didn't need or plan to sleep. That could wait for a few more days.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Spoiler:
Corzak The Mighty wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:00 pm The thunder of gunfire shook the alleyway as a pair of shots fired out from Foxtrot's pistol, each of them striking true into the robed man's body! The figure loosed a nightmarish scream, staggering back from the pain of the shots. Before the figure could glance back towards Dhriti, the figure was suddenly hammered by a flurry of decisive blows by the woman, her glowing arms unleashing a rapid fire series of punches, each with enough force to crack bones! With a final, fearsome haymaker, Dhriti sent the figure sprawling across the floor, collapsing in a heap. Looking to Foxtrot, Dhriti offered her a nod and a smile, before steeling her posture against their common foe.

Seeing two sets of eyes locked on her, Aileen let out a concerned gasp. She was no fighter; a situation like this was not something she was equipped to deal with alone! Eyes widening, she suddenly noticed the massive, ebon-armored figure from before looming over Lord Callous. No... this wasn't how this would end! It wasn't right!

Gritting her teeth, Aileen let out a terrible scream, one that echoed through the entire alleyway, as blood began to drip from her nose and ears, veins bulging across her forehead. Suddenly, a deep bellowing roar filled the entire alley, shadows coalescing into a massive, singular form, one 10 meters int height and diameter. From the shadows emerged a writhing mass of humanoid limbs, knotted and warped like tentacles, each ones' palms housing a glowing crimson eye. The creature's tentacles launched outwards toward Foxtrot and Dhriti, as the two suddenly felt a powerful wave of soul-crushing anxiety and fear fill their hearts.

"Shit!" Dhirit yelped, maneuvering quickly to evade the onslaught levied against her...
Foxtrot's eyes had been trained on Aileen even as the monstrous tentacled horror emerged from the shadows, fully prepared to take her down in order to put a stop to the incorporeal creatures, but as the wave of psychic influence hit her and Dhitri like a truck, panic suddenly gripped her mind. Foxtrot found her focus torn away from the woman and towards the eldritch monster of shadow, and she instinctively raised her gun to defend herself.

She fired one bullet, striking a hit on one of the crimson eyes at the end of a tentacle and causing it to burst! But as she pulled the trigger again and again, she was met only with empty clicks – in her panicked state she had forgotten to reload!

Foxtrot leaped backwards as the first of the tentacles slammed into the pavement where she had just been standing moments before. She retreated further back down the alleyway, ducking and weaving the assault levied against her as she forced herself to focus, to overcome her fear just for a moment. She drew another moon clip from her belt as she retreated backwards and struggled to load it into her revolver as she avoided the creature's assault. Once she heard the cylinder click into place, Foxtrot dove to the side and opened fire!

Six bullets streaked from her fully loaded revolver in rapid succession, each one aimed at one of the eyes at the end of six different tentacles. The bullet hit their marks with machine-like accuracy, bursting each one and leaving only four untouched tentacles remaining. As the blinded tentacles flailed around, smashing into brick walls and the concrete floor, Foxtrot drew a grappling hook from her belt and fired it towards the edge of the roof next to her. With a sharp pull the woman was yanked up and out of the way of the deadly, blinded tentacles, dragged towards the safety of higher ground...

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

The tides had shifted, and not in his favor. Callous's mind raced as he recovered from the blow to his ribcage. Strong, this pest was strong, and heavily armored! Why was he struggling against him? He was Callous, the one who had made Supercell run and hide like a little bitch! This foe, this ebony knight was holding his own against him, and it pissed Callous off. Had he been too premature in his judgement on picking this fight? No, it was time to fall back fully. The day's work was accomplished, and while splattering this foe would be oh so satisfying as the cherry on top, Callous felt it was better to take what he could and not push it further.

After all, he had all the time in the world to eventually get even with this knight.

Before his foe could swing the blade down to finish the job, Callous's mind went into overdrive, and he mentally pushed his foe as far back as he could. The ebony knight was carried off his feet against his will and launched several dozen meters back. Callous rose to his feet, a hand on his side to nurse his bruised ribcage.

"Aileen, we're pulling out!" Callous called to her, as he willed the various pieces of rubble to collapse in on the ebony knight, to either entomb him or to at the very least slow him down. Whichever one he didn't care, only to provide an avenue for escape...

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Dhriti was forced to stay on the defensive as the monstrosity levied its assault against her. the horror's prodigious size, coupled with its numerous limbs and supernatural strength, meant that Dhriti was in an uphill battle against the fearsome creature. As three limbs lurched toward the Indian woman to crush her flat, Dhriti dove to their side, before striking them directly in the glowing red eyes in an attempt to splatter them. Though her blows were not able to fully destroy the eyes, many of them found themselves too damaged for use, which coupled with Foxtrot's assault left the horror lashing about wildly! The creature flung chunks of stone and concrete about like a frenzied child hurling grass and dirt, forcing Dhriti to dive into cover to evade suffering a potentially fatal wound...
----
Aileen's head was in a daze as Callous called out to her. Her ears rang, a piercing screech echoing through her mind like the scraping of metal upon metal. Her head spun wildly, as reality itself seemed to twist and distort itself, making it difficult for her to do much of anything beyond hold her head. After a few moments, the disorienting haze cleared enough from her mind for her to regain her bearings. She watched as the two women struggled against the monstrosity she had conjured found a match in Dhriti and Foxtrot, both in terms of evasion and in assault. Her eyes foggily turned to look to a mound of rubble to her right, watching as something within slowly began to move once more.

She suddenly felt a strong hand grab her by the shoulder and pull her away from the battlefield. "Aileen, come on!" she heard the voice of Callous say, as she saw him dive into his nearby vehicle. Seeing this as an opportunity to escape, Aileen followed in Callous' footsteps, before the two swiftly vanished into the night as the battle in the alley raged.
----
As Aileen and Callous made their escape, the creature's tantrum suddenly seemed to come to an end. The creature's body deflated, with its limbs splayed out across the ground like a dying insect on the final stretch of its life. Then, as suddenly as the monstrosity had appeared, it vanished once more into the aether, the agonizing fear within Dhriti and Foxtrot fading away. Poking her head out to survey the damage to the alleyway, Dhriti stepped back out into the open as her shimmering extra arms similarly faded. She looked over to the rubble pile where Cocytus laid. A short moment later, an armored gauntlet emerged from the rubble, followed by his ebony helmet.

"You okay big guy?" Dhriti asked, moving over to quickly move some of the rubble off of the ebony knight, though he was quick to push Dhriti away.

"I'm fine," Cocytus growled, clutching his chest instinctively in pain. The knight let out a labored breath, before pulling himself free from the rubble. The axe in his hand quickly disappeared in a flash of azure fire. "It looks like they escaped... disappointing. I'll have to pursue them another time..."

"Take a well earned rest," Dhriti nodded to Cocytus, before patting his arm. "Thanks for helping me out."

The knight let out a low grumble to Dhriti, before offering her a nod. Turning to a nearby rooftop, the knight of punishment leapt up from the rubble and onto the building, before vanishing into the night. The indian woman let out a sigh, before looking towards Foxtrot.

"Hey, thanks for helping out back there!" Dhriti shouted. "Have we met before?"
Last edited by Corzak The Mighty on Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.