Universe of Chaos - A Kaiju Odyssey: Hub, Discussion, Signups!

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Voyager
Keizer

Universe of Chaos - A Kaiju Odyssey: Hub, Discussion, Signups!

Post by Voyager »

Yes, yes, another one of Voyager’s RPGs that never gets off the ground. Well, you see, I’m actually going to be committed to this one. I’ll think of this as successor to my grand Godzilla vs The World of Monsters. Anyone, feel free to join in!

So, what is Universe of Chaos - A Kaiju Odyssey? It’s basically an open world story, set across all of the cosmos in a composite “Kaiju” universe. This will be a semi-kaiju/semi-human/alien/etc RP, where you can create OC characters or just use any character from Kaiju-Monster Media. Of course, an RP without an underlying story will have problems down the line, so I created one.

The year is 2XXX, and all major civilisations across the cosmos have had hot tensions with each other for years. Most of this tension comes from the humans and their earthly compatriots having repelled attack after attack, and the competition between alien races to capture Earth first. Thanks to these constant assaults, Humanity is one of the most dangerous, armed species in the universe. All other species recognise them as no longer measly, hairless apes, but worthy opponents in the Cosmic Theatre of Conquest and War.

Each of the Great Civilisations have their own arsenals, however, with alien monsters, tech, and mechs lining their stockpiles of weaponry. They’re all vying for total domination and would fight to the collapse of their own society to get it. The tensions have risen to a point where any incident could lead to a total war. This is not to say they’re the only threats to themselves, as internal and other external forces like rogue monsters wreak havoc.

The Universe must brace for a conflict like no other, as must their citizens of sentient civilisations and monsters alike…

So, that’s about it really. Be creative, think outside of the box, and have some fun! I guess I’ll go first with a character.

Tahla
Height: 171 Centimetres
Civilisation: Simians
Species: Chimpoid

Physical Description: Unlike his Gorilloid and Bonoboid comrades, his fur is a nice brown colour and his face is a soft pinkish tone. Like all the other apes, fur only covers his head, feet, hands, and chest. Tahla, as per his occupation of Mech Operative, wears a sleek silver uniform with prominent red lines on his shoulders on running down his arms. Thick gloves adorn his hands and military grade boots on his feet. The boots are fastened to his leg very a set of straps, that also act as a holster to a personal knife. His silver uniform is like a jumpsuit, and requires armoured padding over the top of it when in the vicinity of the Mech. As a mech operative, he gets two headwear items. A peaked cap for official visits, award ceremonies, etc, and an analytical helmet with a deep orange visor than covers the entire face. Akin to an astronaut’s helmet, but built around the head shape of the apes.

Personality: A determined fighter who’s served the Simian Empire since the age of 63. Tahla is a very polite operator, as opposed to his comrades who are brash and aggressive. Always eager to try new things, and adept at reacting to changes with a positive outlook. Thoughtful, he always thinks critically when in a tough situation, and his problem solving skills have provided him with an esteemed status amongst his peers. An ace, some would say, he’s a skilled operator who knows his corresponding mech unit like the back of his hand. Tahla feels connected with his Mech, like a spiritual bond, a notable advantage the Simians have with mechs. He’s well disciplined after training at the Grand Academy of Mugal, and was a top student.

He’s gained lots of battle experience in the form of small scale battles against the Mysterians and Nebulans, but he has never encountered humanity before. Humanity has always been a fascination for Tahla. He’s researched the Earthlings well, and has even adopted a human disguise in preparation. Tahla hides this obsession from his friends and family, as some might think he’s a collaborator, a problem faced recently. However strong he may be, mercy is a problem that plagues his decisions. Too many times have enemy forces escaped destruction by a show of pitiful mercy by Tahla. Tahla is a worthy operator who’s worked his way to the top and overcame his competition. His prestigious repuation is further cemented by the Mech he’s designated to. The crème de la crème of the Simian’s arsenal…

Mechagodzilla II, the Fist of Tahla and a Horseman of the Empire

Height: 125 Metres
Weight: 110,000 Tons

Abilities:
Flight
360 Head Rotation
Space Beam
Cross-Attack Laser
Finger Missiles
-Revolving Finger Missiles
Toe Missiles
Knee Missiles
Flamethrower
Magnetically Controlled Tail Blade
Force Field
Head Apparatus Beam
Ability to fire all Weapons at once

Weaknesses:
Quite Incompetent in Melee. Must be deployed with MG1 or any other Captive Kaiju against a strong monster.
For Emperor and Empire!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: Universe of Chaos - A Kaiju Odyssey: Hub, Discussion, Signups!

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I think I might actually try having my main priority character be human-scale this time.

Logan268
G-Grasper

Post by Logan268 »

Garoborg
Height: 78 Meters
Weight: 90,000 Tons

Abilities:
Electrically-charged body
Sickle-like claw
Explosive mist
Murderous Electric Beam

Weaknesses:
Glass coverings
current overload

Jikiro

Height: 95 Meters
Weight: 95,000 Tons

Abilities:

Magnetic Ray
Magnetism
Magnetic Ray Gun
Parachute
Light Bullets
Can be upgraded into Super Jikiro

Weaknesses:

It's Magnetism sometimes leads to a disadvantage

Barakidon

Abilities:

Radioactive Smoke
Hurricane winds from wings
Red light from crest
Eye Beams

Weaknesses:
Heat Deprivation

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Well, i guess it's time for me to jump back into the RPG's! Let's bring in one of those rogue monsters in with..
Gigan

Gigan wasn't always walking his own path. He actually used to be a pawn of the Xilien, his corpse stolen from his home planet, and mind controlled to do anything they say... but that all changed in a faithful fight with Earth's monsters. His mind control broken and memory intact, Gigan betrayed his creators and fled back into space, now taking the form of a devious monster, waiting to see which side of the wind blows before his next strike..

Heiht: 115 meters
Weight: 90/000 tons

Abilities:
Flight
Buzzsaw in chest
Blue laser out of diamond in forehead
Fire breath
Laser disc
Knife in tail.

Weaknesses:
Cowardice
Doesn't think things through

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Logan268 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:29 am Garoborg

Abilities:
Sickle-like claw
Explosive mist
Murderous Electric Beam

Weaknesses:
Glass coverings
current overload

Jikiro

Abilities:

Magnetic Ray
Magnetism
Magnetic Ray Gun
Parachute
Light Bullets

Weaknesses:

Barakidon

Abilities:

Radioactive Smoke
Red light from crest
Eye Beams

Weaknesses:
Heat Deprivation
Are these pawns of the Garogas?
For Emperor and Empire!

Logan268
G-Grasper

Post by Logan268 »

Voyager wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:45 pm
Logan268 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:29 am Garoborg

Abilities:
Sickle-like claw
Explosive mist
Murderous Electric Beam

Weaknesses:
Glass coverings
current overload

Jikiro

Abilities:

Magnetic Ray
Magnetism
Magnetic Ray Gun
Parachute
Light Bullets

Weaknesses:

Barakidon

Abilities:

Radioactive Smoke
Red light from crest
Eye Beams

Weaknesses:
Heat Deprivation
Are these pawns of the Garogas?
Yes, Yes They are.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Nice first entries guys. I’m just gonna wait a bit to see if more characters will be submitted and if more (people) are gonna join. I have a feeling this will be good.

Remember, feel free to use American monsters, Gamera monsters, Ultra Kaiju, or any other form of monster/mech that you can think of. As long as you can have them fit in the narrative, they’re golden by me!
For Emperor and Empire!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

So, would a seijin/TsuPro alien count as a kaiju or an alien?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:26 pm So, would a seijin/TsuPro alien count as a kaiju or an alien?
I guess a mix between an alien and kaiju, but it doesn’t matter that much. You can put them in whatever role you see fit.
For Emperor and Empire!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Posted the story thread!

Hopefully this will be a second coming of GvTWOM. I snuck in some camoes
Spoiler:
NERV, specifically Fuyutski and a mention of Gendo.
Takayuki Segawa from GvMG2 and specifally the Heisei UNGCC (renamed to the KACC, Kaiju Alien Countermeasures Centre).
For Emperor and Empire!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Not too sure when i can get my first post up, but i'll try to find the time?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I think I've come pretty close to mentally finalizing my character(s). Expect their forms in a couple days.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Logan268
G-Grasper

Post by Logan268 »

I'm ready

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Chronidus

Height: 181 meters

Weight: 220,000 tons

Abilities:

- Flight at Mach 3 (Atmosphere), Faster-Than-Light (Spaceflight)

- Self-repairing molecular crystal construction. Extremely resistant to heat.

- Needle cannons in palms. Fire unguided green crystalline projectiles that explode on contact.

- Supernova Cannon "eye". Can be configured to fire a precise, single-shot projectile or a devastating death ray-like beam. Can burn through several hundred feet of rock in an instant

- Spyrogyra-Type crystalline missiles from the cannons on shoulders. Missiles "unwind" from the cannon then propel themselves at a designated target. Can be locked-on via heat signature or visually targeted. Designed to penetrate heavy armor.

- Plasma Lancer cannons on shoulders. Can be set to fire in four-round bursts or fire two supercharged projectiles rivaling a small star in temperature.

- Hands can be reconfigured into Horot-Type ore drills for close quarters combat. Designed to drill into heavy armor.

- Thrusters for additional flight stability or for increased mobility in close-quarters combat.

- "Quantum Halo" that hovers above head. The Quantum Halo can deploy a golden aura that protects Chronidus similar to a barrier. The Quantum Halo renders Chronidus temporarily invulnerable, but requires a significant amount of energy to do so and Chronidus cannot attack while it is active. The Quantum Halo can also fire photon-pulse lasers to shoot down incoming projectiles.

- Kinetic Dynamos in limbs that absorb and store kinetic energy to augment melee attacks.

- Sphere-like servos in limbs can activate an electromagnetic field to re-assemble or re-attach themselves if removed.

- Tachyon Saber in left arm. Chronidus's ultimate weapon that channels all power from the Quantum Halo into a devastating sword attack that overloads the target with divine energy.

Weaknesses:

- Quantum Halo requires a significant amount of energy to use, and is thus used only in dire circumstances.

- Supernova Cannon requires Chronidus to literally reconfigure it's entire head into the firing apparatus. This exposes Chronidus's "eye" which is also is central processor.

- Chronidus can only use it's ranged weapons in "Siege Mode", as all power is redirected to it's limbs for melee combat in "Assault Mode".

- Crystalline armor is very tough, but vulnerable to powerful blunt-force attacks

Additional images:
Spoiler:

Yes, I did model him myself.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Breakdown wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:50 pm Chronidus

Abilities:

- Needle cannons in palms. Fire unguided green crystalline projectiles that explode on contact.

- Supernova Cannon "eye". Can be configured to fire a precise, single-shot projectile or a devastating death ray-like beam. Can burn through several hundred feet of rock in an instant

- Spyrogyra-Type crystalline missiles from the cannons on shoulders. Missiles "unwind" from the cannon then propel themselves at a designated target. Can be locked-on via heat signature or visually targeted. Designed to penetrate heavy armor.

- Plasma Lancer cannons on shoulders. Can be set to fire in four-round bursts or fire two supercharged projectiles rivaling a small star in temperature.

- Hands can be reconfigured into Horot-Type ore drills for close quarters combat. Designed to drill into heavy armor.

- Thrusters for additional flight stability or for increased mobility in close-quarters combat.

- "Quantum Halo" that hovers above head. The Quantum Halo can deploy a golden aura that protects Chronidus similar to a barrier. The Quantum Halo renders Chronidus temporarily invulnerable, but requires a significant amount of energy to do so and Chronidus cannot attack while it is active. The Quantum Halo can also fire photon-pulse lasers to shoot down incoming projectiles.

- Kinetic Dynamos in limbs that absorb and store kinetic energy to augment melee attacks.

- Sphere-like servos in limbs can activate an electromagnetic field to re-assemble or re-attach themselves if removed.

- Tachyon Saber in left arm. Chronidus's ultimate weapon that channels all power from the Quantum Halo into a devastating sword attack that overloads the target with divine energy.

Weaknesses:

- Quantum Halo requires a significant amount of energy to use, and is thus used only in dire circumstances.

- Supernova Cannon requires Chronidus to literally reconfigure it's entire head into the firing apparatus. This exposes Chronidus's "eye" which is also is central processor.

- Chronidus can only use it's ranged weapons in "Siege Mode", as all power is redirected to it's limbs for melee combat in "Assault Mode".

- Crystalline armor is very tough, but vulnerable to powerful blunt-force attacks

Additional images:
Spoiler:

Awesome! May I inquire it’s allegiance? Is it belonging to a civilisation?
For Emperor and Empire!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Voyager wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:53 pm

Abilities:

Weaknesses:

Additional images:
Spoiler:

It was constructed by a long-dead civilization that was destroyed by another monster, which it's appearance is loosely modeled after. It's main directive is to hunt this monster down and kill it, as well as destroy any other hostile kaiju to ensure that the tragedy that befell it's creators never happens to any other sentient race again.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Breakdown wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:02 pm
Voyager wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:53 pm

Abilities:

Weaknesses:

Additional images:
Spoiler:

It was constructed by a long-dead civilization that was destroyed by another monster, which it's appearance is loosely modeled after. It's main directive is to hunt this monster down and kill it, as well as destroy any other hostile kaiju to ensure that the tragedy that befell it's creators never happens to any other sentient race again.
I see. A rogue protector. This could play into some interesting dilemmas.
For Emperor and Empire!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Godzilla, the Old Saviour
Godzilla fighting Red King. Art credit goes to 2009MECHAGODZILLA.

Height: 100 Metres
Weight: 75,000 Tons

Abilities:

Atomic Breath (Flight)
Regeneration
Magnetism
Mastery of Martial Arts
Sliding Dropkick
High Intelligence
Conducts Lightning (Empowerment)

Weakness:

Extreme Cold

Godzilla and the Simian Duo will be my POVs for now.
Last edited by Voyager on Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:17 am I think I've come pretty close to mentally finalizing my character(s). Expect their forms in a couple days.
And by a couple days, I meant over a week.

ALIEN SRAN EIPAN
Height:
5'11

Background: Eipan was born near the end of the 20th century, just in time to witness his race's failed invasion attempt of Earth in 2005. During his latter teenage years, Planet Sran was attacked by the Barossa. Eipan, like many other civilians, was drafted into the planet's military forces. He served for almost 2 years, famously managing to defeat most of his opponents using non-lethal tactics. After the war's end, Eipan became a negotiator and political representative for his homeworld.

Abilities:
Super-speed
Arm blades capable of creating electromagnetic pulses and laser bolts
Disguising as other races
Size-shifting (under special circumstances)

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Sorry i've been gone so long! Was on vacation and didn't have time to comment.. feel like i should still wait a bit before i do though.