poop On Shin - Why Shin Godzilla is worthless in a FM

Discuss and analyze various feats!
Post Reply
User avatar
Mac Daddy MM
Futurian
Posts: 3059
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:27 pm

poop On Shin - Why Shin Godzilla is worthless in a FM

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Kind of surprised this isn't a thing yet. But I'm high enough, so why not. So everyone is always flaunting that Shin has a powerful beam, that many kaiju would be rendered helpless against his onslaught of beams. Well, I'm here to not just say you're wrong... But say you're completely wrong.

For the first part of Shin's beam, let's take a gander at his prep. It takes him FOREVER to even charge his weapon to its max. And with the actual impact of hitting the ground, many people seem to think this is akin to the Independence Day attacks. Except it's not. At best, Shin Godzilla's flame stream was able to fill the streets with smoke/fire and blow out windows. Not something that would make most kaiju run for the hills. Pretty, sure. Highly destructive? Not very. Almost every kaiju has some sort of ability to fart a sea of fire.

Now for the actual beam that cuts through buildings like paper. Yes, it cuts straight through these hollow structures that are filled with air very nicely. It even cut through the wings of a bomber (!). Such power. It's not like we never see other beams cutting through the flimsy, man-made structures they often just walk through with ease...

Not like Battra here...



Or... Godzilla '85.



Really, the only thing Shin can really write home about with his beam(s) is that they have a TREMENDOUS range and his spines/tail beams allow him a 360 degree range of fire. Besides that, there's really nothing here. It sets poop on fire and has a good range. That's about it. And radiation, if anyone really cares about that. But even then, it's discovered it only has a small fraction of contamination life than what regular radiation does.


And do we have to even cover how slow and immobile he is? And his complete lack of ability to defend himself because of his tiny arms?
Image

User avatar
Voyager
Futurian
Posts: 3452
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:34 pm
Location: Somewhere drifting…

Re: poop On Shin - Why Shin Godzilla is worthless in a FM

Post by Voyager »

Preach my brother! Amen.

I’ve been an advocate for the lowering the worship of Shin’s beam myself.
We'll meet again
Don't know where
Don't know when
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day…

User avatar
Inferno Rodan
Futurian
Posts: 3976
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:49 pm
Location: Azur Lane

Re: poop On Shin - Why Shin Godzilla is worthless in a FM

Post by Inferno Rodan »

Even ignoring the things you pointed out, Shin is worthless in FMs simply because any fight he's involved in is only going to go one of two ways: Either his opponent dies to his laser light show and he wins, or they survive it and he loses by default because he goes into a coma afterwards. He's freaking boring from a combat standpoint because there's barely anything to discuss, and frankly that's way worse than being too weak or too strong.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

User avatar
SpaceG92
Keizer
Posts: 9171
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:33 am
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Re: poop On Shin - Why Shin Godzilla is worthless in a FM

Post by SpaceG92 »

Gunna pull this apart.
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:59 pm For the first part of Shin's beam, let's take a gander at his prep. It takes him FOREVER to even charge his weapon to its max.
Initially yes - he was unable to control the beam and it completely drained him. The mutation was brought on by the bomber causing injuries to him. The SECOND time he unleashed his beams against the missile fired from offsite drones. They wear near instantaneous w/ a small charge up. the 4th time we see the beams, was the final scene where he was collapsed onto the train station(?) and he suddenly unleashed his beam with no warning or charge up. It just sort of "pulsed" and discharged.

Post-Early Wake up Shin has the ability to forgo the long ramp up to his beams w/o the black smoke and fire as well as the ability to turn off his beam at will.
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:59 pm Now for the actual beam that cuts through buildings like paper. Yes, it cuts straight through these hollow structures that are filled with air very nicely. It even cut through the wings of a bomber (!). Such power. It's not like we never see other beams cutting through the flimsy, man-made structures they often just walk through with ease...
Straw man.

The beam can cut through several MILES of buildings as indication in the locations flashed in the movie. If you want to compare the beam to the Heisei like you did, most Heisei Beams were STOPPED by these "flimsy hollow buildings" and only managed to hit one building before being stopped.
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:59 pm Really, the only thing Shin can really write home about with his beam(s) is that they have a TREMENDOUS range and his spines/tail beams allow him a 360 degree range of fire.
+1
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:59 pm And radiation, if anyone really cares about that. But even then, it's discovered it only has a small fraction of contamination life than what regular radiation does.
IIRC, his radiation was just as potent as ever but it had an EXTREMELY SMALL Half Life making it essentially only toxic to those within the area during the attack and immediately there after.
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:59 pm And do we have to even cover how slow and immobile he is? And his complete lack of ability to defend himself because of his tiny arms?
Valid criticism.
+1

Added in 3 minutes 31 seconds:
Inferno Rodan wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:41 pm Even ignoring the things you pointed out, Shin is worthless in FMs simply because any fight he's involved in is only going to go one of two ways:
+1

As sad as it is, its going to devolve into "hypothetical evolution powers". Near instant adaptation and mutation is one of, if not the only selling point he has.

Same can be said for Godzilla EARTH and Void Ghidorah. 2 beings that are in the exact opposite of conversation.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Mon May 31, 2021 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tohokingdom Thread| DeviantArt | Youtube

Godzilla: Battle Line Profile - MattG92
Resized Image

Post Reply