Showa Godzilla’s ZF Feats

Discuss and analyze various feats!
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Showa Godzilla’s ZF Feats

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Or: Why Showa Godzilla hurling monsters four times his weight around like ragdolls should not be taken seriously.

This isn’t gonna be a super long post, this is almost more of a discussion starter than anything, but the topic is simple. In Zone Fighter, Godzilla fights Spyler and Wargilgar, and at a later point fights Zandora. So, Spyler and Wargilgar are both listed as being 80,000 tons, and Godzilla is shown to hurl them around with little issue when he arrives on the scene. However, Spyler’s stats have him also being 85 meters tall, and Wargilgar at 108 meters tall.

Do you see the issue? Zandora is in a similar boat. He’s even heavier than them according to the stats, 91,000 tons, but is still barely taller than Showa Godzilla despite his official stats having him slightly shorter than 84/89 Godzilla.

“But that’s just the limitation of the suits.” Yes, however, that’s how the FMs work. We take what we see in the media very literally, and what we see literally says that there is no way in hell these three are heavier than Destoroyah without being scaled up, because they are not already on the Heisei height scale.

Also, you know, if Godzilla could ragdoll monsters four times his weight with a punch, don’t you think Titano and Mechagodzilla would have gotten shit-stomped when each punch would throw them around like a bag of paper balls? You know what else Zone Fighter has Godzilla do? Run what has to be hundreds of miles in like, a few seconds, and then in a later episode need to run for a few minutes to cover that same sorta distance, and outright disappear in an instant after kicking Gigan’s ass. He’s just freaking gone. Zone Fighter is not a show that makes any sense or has any logical consistency.

Zone Fighter makes no reference to previous Showa Godzilla stuff aside from just the existence of Godzilla, Gigan, and King Ghidorah. The previous times the latter two came to Earth and attacked it, not even mentioned in passing, they just show up out of nowhere under the Garoga’s control. “But Toho said in supplementary material that the show took place between Megalon and Mechagodzilla” Toho approved G98’s design and allowed the movie to be made. Toho also says Showa Godzilla’s beam is 100,000 degrees Celsius, and the movies do not support that at all.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: Showa Godzilla’s ZF Feats

Post by _JNavs_ »

preeeeach
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

inb4 Voyager sees this and and writes a novella length rebuttal :lol:

Jokes aside, you actually make some great points. Zone Fighter feats really are all over the place and inconsistent, so i don’t think they should be counted when pitting Showa against an opponent.
Last edited by Jermobooka on Wed May 19, 2021 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Jermobooka wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:24 pm inb4 Voyager sees this and and writes a novella length rebuttal :lol:

Jokes aside, you actually make some great points. Zone Fighter feats really are all over the place and inconsistent, so i don’t think they should be counted when pitting Showa against an opponent.
Me seeing this thread:

In all seriousness...

Fuck the heights. Yes, they are indeed beyond stupid :lol:

But weights? I have a possible explanation. Maybe the terror beasts are very, very dense. Any counter arguments to why they aren’t in fact dense? We can’t really say that a kaiju doesn’t way how much it does in the official stats, but we can explain why they are that weight.
For Emperor and Empire!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

We all just gonna ignore my awesomely sound explanation of ZF Kaiju weight?
For Emperor and Empire!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Voyager wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:52 pm We all just gonna ignore my awesomely sound explanation of ZF Kaiju weight?
It still doesn’t explain the part where absolutely nothing in Zone Fighter is consistent and sensible even compared to typical late Showa wackiness, Titano and MechaG not being flung around by these same punches later on, or how the actual connection between Zone Fighter and the Showa films is flimsy at best. Even if we do assume Terro-Beasts are just incredibly dense, that doesn’t mean Showa Godzilla should still just automatically be assumed to be able to hurl kaiju 4 times his weight around on any thread with him.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

Voyager wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:36 pm But weights? I have a possible explanation. Maybe the terror beasts are very, very dense. Any counter arguments to why they aren’t in fact dense? We can’t really say that a kaiju doesn’t way how much it does in the official stats, but we can explain why they are that weight.
If one half of the stats are very obviously bullshit, then the other half are too. The only reason anyone would accept the weights is if they're trying to artificially inflate Showa Godzilla's already impressive strength.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma