How Strong Is Monsterverse Godzilla Now?

Discuss and analyze various feats!
User avatar
gottatalktothefake
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2733
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:49 am
Location: Isla Nublar, 120 miles West of Costa Rica

Re: How Strong Is Monsterverse Godzilla Now?

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Showzilla wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:43 am Alright, quick question

How good can some one here calculate the distance an object travels based the pixel height?
Word of advice: 90% of TK doesn’t even use feats in general. You won’t find a calc person here
Image

Showzilla
Monarch Researcher
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:31 pm

Re: How Strong Is Monsterverse Godzilla Now?

Post by Showzilla »

deleted
Last edited by Showzilla on Tue May 18, 2021 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Voyager
Futurian
Posts: 3452
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:34 pm
Location: Somewhere drifting…

Re: How Strong Is Monsterverse Godzilla Now?

Post by Voyager »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:31 am
Showzilla wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:43 am Alright, quick question

How good can some one here calculate the distance an object travels based the pixel height?
Word of advice: 90% of TK doesn’t even use feats in general. You won’t find a calc person here
Because we just like big flashy fights and we don’t want math to ruin what we think of the fights in our heads.
We'll meet again
Don't know where
Don't know when
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day…

User avatar
miguelnuva
Sazer
Posts: 14958
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: How Strong Is Monsterverse Godzilla Now?

Post by miguelnuva »

MV Godzilla is likely the strongest Live action Godzilla as of Godzilla vs Kong especially due to the face it looks like he gets Zenkais after battle.

Fighting Earth is interesting because if Earth let MV Godzilla get close, MV Godzilla picks him up, throws him, Earth gets up and either One shots MV Godzilla or slowly wears him down. Earth might be the mightiest Godzilla period other than Marvel Godzilla but I haven't seen his feats other than he stalemated Thor. Is 60's Thor as strong as current Thor?

As for "Power levels" and Toho one of the marketing gimmicks is to always say the strongest Godzilla yet, I know for a fact GMK and Shin were billed as the strongest Godzillas.
You can put it on my Tombstone Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira
my personal take

Shadow Area 1-0

Image

ImageImage Image

User avatar
ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4557
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:42 pm
Location: Mushroom kingdom
Contact:

Re: How Strong Is Monsterverse Godzilla Now?

Post by ernesth100 »

Godzilla is easily a city level threat in terms of Power Scaling. It's been shown multiple times what damage he does simply be rising from the deep.

His roar would be at minimum twice as loud as a Jet Engine, which would shatter your eardrums and rupture your bones factually speaking.

Consider the fact he's taller than atleast 6 jet engines stacked stop each other. Again, I'm going off of comparable facts on Google. A 747 Boeing is 63 ft tall so again, I'm low balling Godzilla possible power to be safe. Realistically his roar should shatter the sound barrier and be a blast of its own without needing atomic breath. Something Godzilla Earth does possess.

Godzilla stomping around would register on the either scale at 400ft and 90,000 tons the minimum he would raise his foot for a step is 30 feet in air. This isn't taking into account running. Each step should scientifically speaking cause a crater. And his bone would have to be denser than iron to support his weight.

Simply put Godzilla as a creation is in a scientific league of his own. I feel Earth is the only one to portray the amount of absolute raw Power goijira would posses. Atleast within realistic perimeters.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

Image

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

User avatar
ShinGojira14
G-Grasper
Posts: 1309
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:08 pm
Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest

Re: How Strong Is Monsterverse Godzilla Now?

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I wouldn't rate him as the most powerful incarnation of the Big G, live action or otherwise, but he's still a definite badass.
"I thought you were gonna say 'the only problem is that it treats a 90's Kaiju with respect!' :lol: "

-GodzillaVsRayquaza

Image

User avatar
Gigantis
Keizer
Posts: 8468
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Nebula of the Orion

Re: How Strong Is Monsterverse Godzilla Now?

Post by Gigantis »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:33 pm Is 60's Thor as strong as current Thor?
So i'mma just pop in and say that Thor's gotten WAAAAAY stronger since the 60's, and 60's Thor was like, a literal god who could destroy the multiverse if he wanted. I think Marvel Godzilla is the strongest Godzilla so far just for going toe to toe with him. Same with Hulk.
Image

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

User avatar
miguelnuva
Sazer
Posts: 14958
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: How Strong Is Monsterverse Godzilla Now?

Post by miguelnuva »

I don't know if people realize how much over the other Gojiras Godzilla Earth is. The humans were afraid he could hit Pluto from the Earth and destroy it.
You can put it on my Tombstone Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira
my personal take

Shadow Area 1-0

Image

ImageImage Image

User avatar
Gigantis
Keizer
Posts: 8468
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Nebula of the Orion

Re: How Strong Is Monsterverse Godzilla Now?

Post by Gigantis »

Sooo i found this video by Chuck today. He's a pretty enjoyable YTber and also a pretty reliable vs. debater, but he doesn't really do it the same way we at TK do so i feel like disagreements are abound. But anyway, he did a vid on who would win between MonsterVerse Godzilla and Showa Godzilla, and i think we could use this to try and find out how strong MV Goji actually is.

Image

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

User avatar
_JNavs_
Keizer
Posts: 8833
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: How Strong Is Monsterverse Godzilla Now?

Post by _JNavs_ »

Showa Godzilla is such a varied character that he's no longer a "character", he's an idea that varies over the course of 17 years, no longer being set in a specific canon.

So if the dude amalgamated 17 years worth of anthology-like films into the Showa G used in his example, it'd be quite unfair.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue May 18, 2021 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Voyager
Futurian
Posts: 3452
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:34 pm
Location: Somewhere drifting…

Re: How Strong Is Monsterverse Godzilla Now?

Post by Voyager »

_JNavs_ wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:51 pm Showa Godzilla is such a varied character that he's no longer a "character", he's an idea that varies over the course of 17 years, no longer being set in a specific canon.

So if the dude amalgamated 17 years worth of anthology-like films into the Showa G used in his example, it'd be quite unfair.
20 years actually. 55-75.

Added in 2 minutes 18 seconds:
Gigantis wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:37 pm Sooo i found this video by Chuck today. He's a pretty enjoyable YTber and also a pretty reliable vs. debater, but he doesn't really do it the same way we at TK do so i feel like disagreements are abound. But anyway, he did a vid on who would win between MonsterVerse Godzilla and Showa Godzilla, and i think we could use this to try and find out how strong MV Goji actually is.

He concluded Showa would win, which is badass 8-)
We'll meet again
Don't know where
Don't know when
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day…

User avatar
miguelnuva
Sazer
Posts: 14958
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: How Strong Is Monsterverse Godzilla Now?

Post by miguelnuva »

Showa Godzilla isn't beating MV Godzilla but that's another debate for another time.

MV Godzilla is going to eat his atomic breath and showa can't CQC MV Godzilla as MV Goji can absorb an insane amount of pushihment.

Chuck did good but he scaled them.like they were dragonball characters.
You can put it on my Tombstone Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira
my personal take

Shadow Area 1-0

Image

ImageImage Image

User avatar
Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer
Posts: 1515
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:22 pm
Location: Somewheeeere over the rainbow

Re: How Strong Is Monsterverse Godzilla Now?

Post by Jermobooka »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:50 pm Showa Godzilla isn't beating MV Godzilla but that's another debate for another time.

MV Godzilla is going to eat his atomic breath and showa can't CQC MV Godzilla as MV Goji can absorb an insane amount of pushihment.

Chuck did good but he scaled them.like they were dragonball characters.
Agreed. While i do like Chuck’s videos and appreciate how much effort is put into them...the scaling is way too damn off most of the time

...I’d actually really love to see an animation from an animator like Vhrano of the potential MV Goji v. Showa Goji fight now
Last edited by Jermobooka on Tue May 18, 2021 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Voyager
Futurian
Posts: 3452
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:34 pm
Location: Somewhere drifting…

Re: How Strong Is Monsterverse Godzilla Now?

Post by Voyager »

Jermobooka wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:01 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:50 pm Showa Godzilla isn't beating MV Godzilla but that's another debate for another time.

MV Godzilla is going to eat his atomic breath and showa can't CQC MV Godzilla as MV Goji can absorb an insane amount of pushihment.

Chuck did good but he scaled them.like they were dragonball characters.
Agreed. While i do like Chuck’s videos and appreciate how much effort is put into them...the scaling is way too damn off most of the time

...I’d actually really love to see an animation from an animator like Vhrano of the potential MV Goji v. Showa Goji fight now
As do I. But while they fight, they realise their true enemy.
Spoiler:
FinalGoji!

They proceed to jollywhop him into the ground.
We'll meet again
Don't know where
Don't know when
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day…

User avatar
miguelnuva
Sazer
Posts: 14958
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: How Strong Is Monsterverse Godzilla Now?

Post by miguelnuva »

MV Goji especially if you include his comics really only has to worry about FW Godzilla and Heisei Godzilla as far as durability goes. He tanked a nuke at low power and then he eat several nukes in the 60's.

As for Showa several of his movies implied a nuke would kill him it would just cause more damage to Japan then he did and then he turned into a good guy.

Added in 54 seconds:
Speaking of Dragonball and Godzilla MV and FW Godzilla both feel like they are fusions of Showa and Heisei.
You can put it on my Tombstone Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira
my personal take

Shadow Area 1-0

Image

ImageImage Image

User avatar
GodzillavsRayquaza
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4058
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: How Strong Is Monsterverse Godzilla Now?

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I still think Heisei’s more powerful than him, but that’s about it in terms of live-action Godzillas imo.
Second in Command & Primary Verifier of the KWCE

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

User avatar
Voyager
Futurian
Posts: 3452
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:34 pm
Location: Somewhere drifting…

Re: How Strong Is Monsterverse Godzilla Now?

Post by Voyager »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:26 pm MV Goji especially if you include his comics really only has to worry about FW Godzilla and Heisei Godzilla as far as durability goes. He tanked a nuke at low power and then he eat several nukes in the 60's.

As for Showa several of his movies implied a nuke would kill him it would just cause more damage to Japan then he did and then he turned into a good guy.

Added in 54 seconds:
Speaking of Dragonball and Godzilla MV and FW Godzilla both feel like they are fusions of Showa and Heisei.

Eating nukes doesn’t equal them exploding inside of him.
We'll meet again
Don't know where
Don't know when
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day…

User avatar
miguelnuva
Sazer
Posts: 14958
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: How Strong Is Monsterverse Godzilla Now?

Post by miguelnuva »

Voyager wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:13 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:26 pm MV Goji especially if you include his comics really only has to worry about FW Godzilla and Heisei Godzilla as far as durability goes. He tanked a nuke at low power and then he eat several nukes in the 60's.

As for Showa several of his movies implied a nuke would kill him it would just cause more damage to Japan then he did and then he turned into a good guy.

Added in 54 seconds:
Speaking of Dragonball and Godzilla MV and FW Godzilla both feel like they are fusions of Showa and Heisei.

Eating nukes doesn’t equal them exploding inside of him.
Who had a nuke explode in side of them? When I say eating nukes I'm saying he tanks them.
You can put it on my Tombstone Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira
my personal take

Shadow Area 1-0

Image

ImageImage Image

User avatar
Voyager
Futurian
Posts: 3452
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:34 pm
Location: Somewhere drifting…

Re: How Strong Is Monsterverse Godzilla Now?

Post by Voyager »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:33 pm
Voyager wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:13 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:26 pm MV Goji especially if you include his comics really only has to worry about FW Godzilla and Heisei Godzilla as far as durability goes. He tanked a nuke at low power and then he eat several nukes in the 60's.

As for Showa several of his movies implied a nuke would kill him it would just cause more damage to Japan then he did and then he turned into a good guy.

Added in 54 seconds:
Speaking of Dragonball and Godzilla MV and FW Godzilla both feel like they are fusions of Showa and Heisei.

Eating nukes doesn’t equal them exploding inside of him.
Who had a nuke explode in side of them? When I say eating nukes I'm saying he tanks them.
How does eating nukes equate to tanking them? You know if you destroy a nuclear bomb it won’t explode, don’t you?
We'll meet again
Don't know where
Don't know when
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day…

User avatar
Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer
Posts: 1515
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:22 pm
Location: Somewheeeere over the rainbow

Re: How Strong Is Monsterverse Godzilla Now?

Post by Jermobooka »

Voyager wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:43 pm
Jermobooka wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:01 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:50 pm Showa Godzilla isn't beating MV Godzilla but that's another debate for another time.

MV Godzilla is going to eat his atomic breath and showa can't CQC MV Godzilla as MV Goji can absorb an insane amount of pushihment.

Chuck did good but he scaled them.like they were dragonball characters.
Agreed. While i do like Chuck’s videos and appreciate how much effort is put into them...the scaling is way too damn off most of the time

...I’d actually really love to see an animation from an animator like Vhrano of the potential MV Goji v. Showa Goji fight now
As do I. But while they fight, they realise their true enemy.
Spoiler:
FinalGoji!

They proceed to jollywhop him into the ground.
Man, what did FinalGoji do to you?! :lol:
Image

Post Reply