The power of Godzilla and other Kaijus

Discuss and analyze various feats!
Locutus
Yojimbo

The power of Godzilla and other Kaijus

Post by Locutus »

I suppose this could be seen as a respect thread of sorts though I don't have screenshots and what not. But, making a rough list on the feats and statements done and given to us in these films I feel would be nice to compile.

Starting with the OG Godzilla from 1954. This Godzilla originally was just a prehistoric animal, nothing special about it. Yet, it survived the explosion of a hydrogen bomb. Databooks reveal that it was in the immediate vicinity of the explosion as well, stating that missiles and what not he is essentially immune to because of him surviving that bomb so he was pretty close.

Afterwards despite being horribly scarred and mutated he became tougher and stronger, capable of flipping over bridges weighing tens of thousands of tons and having a breath that melts steel towers. At 50 meters and 20,000 metric tons, even the original Godzilla is a pretty hefty opponent to take on.

Showa Godzilla: The 2nd Godzilla that we see who also presumably survived a hydrogen bomb as well. In Raids Again it was stated he swam underneath the Earths crust, so already he has strong durability. Also has a beam that's 100,000 degrees Celsius. As the films go on we see him do things such as vaporize water jet streams shot from Ebirah which is potentially thousands of tons of water being vaporized in seconds. His heat beam also powered the electrodes in his fight with Hedorah, which required 3 million Volts of electricity to send an arc to dehydrate the smog monster.

He also has picked up and thrown around the massive 30,000 metric Ton Ghidorah and 40,000 Metric Ton Hedorah, survives 3 million volts of electricity, survived gigantic city block spanning explosions from Mechagodzilla. His atomic breath is also powerful enough to lift himself off the ground and exceed speeds of Mach 1, quickly catching up to flying Hedorah who travels at that speed. He also is very fast, capable of traveling from Monster Island to New York in a very short time frame in DAM. His battles with Ghidorah, Rodan, and Mothra, it was stated by the United Nations they should use all the Nuclear weapons on earth in an attempt to kill them, this was not done however.

The most impressive Kaiju from this era that Godzilla scales from at least partially would be King Ghidorah. Ghidorah in the Showa era destroyed the entire civilization of Venus in just one day, a society far more advanced than ours. It's a bit unclear just how much damage Ghidorah did, from the dialogue it seems to suggest he didn't simply destroy all of civilization on Venus but wrecked the ecosystem as well, turning it into a "dead world" if he indeed turned Venus into the barren wasteland that rains acid as we know it, then he and other Kaiju such ad Godzilla himself are packing tons of firepower.

It's also known he has interstellar travel, and while he does use some strange method of hyperspace which involves him encasing himself in a crystal (ergo it can't be used for combat) on a relatively smaller scale we've seen Ghidorah fly Planet X to earth and back again all within just 1 day, speeds that are in excess the speed of Light thanks to fact that Planet X orbits Jupiter. In Earths atmosphere he already can fly at speeds at mach 3 and in space can fly at speeds of Mach 400, although he can achieve greater speeds. His beams outpace his flight speeds, which we've seen Godzilla dodge on occasion.

Durability wise while encased in an asteroid he arrived on Earth in re entry speed. Having a mass of 30,000 metric tons, at those speeds his impact would be equivalent to 264 Kilotons of TNT, in comparison the nuke that destroyed Hiroshima was 21 kilotons of TNT. This feat is admittedly a bit sketchy since he was in an asteroid and he was in some strange fire-energy form, so one can discount that feat in favor of shrugging off Godzillas heat beams.

I'll end this post here, next up will be a break down of Heisei era once I'm finished with those films. If anyone wants to add more stuff feel free as well.

Voyager
Keizer

Re: The power of Godzilla and other Kaijus

Post by Voyager »

Hedorah is actually 48 000 Metric Tons. Also another good strength feat for Showa G is him throwing the 40,000 Metric Ton MG2 a far distance, which I’d say is at least 200 metres. And more on MG’s missiles, in ToMG they did tear up huge amounts of Earth along with infrastructure, so Godzilla tanking (maybe not tanking) them is also a good feat to note.
Last edited by Voyager on Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

Locutus
Yojimbo

Re: The power of Godzilla and other Kaijus

Post by Locutus »

Alright, just finished Return of Godzilla. Kinda like the film itself, there ain't much to write about in terms of feats. These are the most noteworthy things Godzilla did:

Blasting out a small mountain (?) Admittedly the beginning was vague as to what happened.

Devouring the energies of a Nuclear submarine and later a nuclear power plant.

This was from the dub I watched but it said he was swimming at a speed of 18 knots or roughly 20 MPH.

Annihilated that military defense force on the coast, vaporizing it entirely really with his atomic breath. Also vaporized fighter jets.

Tanked Maser firepower, albeit the firepower of these masers are unknown. Showa era Masees were very powerful, assuming they're the same then Heisei is packing a lot of durability.

Absorbing the energies of both the Soviets and Americans nuclear bombs that transformed in a form of "nuclear lightning" the dub I watched did not mention a yield. This also brought him back to life (?) Was unclear if Godzilla died from the Cadmium bombs imo.

Blasting a clean hole thru a skyscraper, thru calculations that would have taken Kilotons of TNT equivalent of energy focused on a small point. Databooks say his beam is 500,000 degrees celsius, this scene probably proves it.

Knocking down a gigantic skyscraper witb a casual swipe of his arm, this feat actually surprised me lol.

Tanking Super X firepower.

At one point he unleashed a small burst of atomic breath that destroyed a helicopter and sent it crashing down with so much force it wiped out entire city blocks.

Fell into a volcano and was trapped within it. As we all know, he survived the fall and being in there for years under the earths crust.

This wasn't done but the Soviets and Americans were ready to use controlled nuclear explosions equivalent of a Kiloton to attempt to take out Godzilla, in general they wanted to use Nuclear weapons from the get go to kill him.

Anything I'm missing? Planning to do this with each and every film from this point forward.