Kaiju Power Scaling

Discuss and analyze various feats!
Voyager
Keizer

Kaiju Power Scaling

Post by Voyager »

Since whenever people use DB power scaling in the FMs it causes a bit of a... you know. So I think that on this topic we can create our own way of scaling the power of Kaiju, Kaijin, whatever.

I might use some of these suggestions in my FMs.
For Emperor and Empire!

Spuro
Keizer

Re: Kaiju Power Scaling

Post by Spuro »

Everyone sees and interprets these films and their monsters so differently that I don't think there is a nice clean way to make a power scale. It's a futile effort.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Power scaling can't really work for kaiju in spite of what the likes of Vs Battles Wiki or others may imply. Like KK said, everyone interprets kaiju and their films so differently that it'd be effectively impossible to make a power scale that everyone can agree with.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

Aside from what the others said, I just find power scaling stupid from a conceptual standpoint, as it stifles if not outright kills any actual interesting discussion that can potentially be had with FMs. Fights aren't all about power levels. Just because one fighter might be statistically stronger than another, that doesn't inherently mean the outcome is already decided. A fighter can be very powerful but not use their abilities effectively (i.e. Destoroyah, Legion). Likewise, a fighter can be mediocre but make excellent use of what they have at their disposal (i.e. Gwangi, King Kong '05). Power scaling tends to make people ignore nuances like that.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Inferno Rodan wrote:Aside from what the others said, I just find power scaling stupid from a conceptual standpoint, as it stifles if not outright kills any actual interesting discussion that can potentially be had with FMs. Fights aren't all about power levels. Just because one fighter might be statistically stronger than another, that doesn't inherently mean the outcome is already decided. A fighter can be very powerful but not use their abilities effectively (i.e. Destoroyah, Legion). Likewise, a fighter can be mediocre but make excellent use of what they have at their disposal (i.e. Gwangi, King Kong '05). Power scaling tends to make people ignore nuances like that.
^^^^^^

All of this.

Further one, I think most If not all power scalings are incredibly flawed. Mainly because

1. They assume faulty comparison logic. "Spacegodzilla beat Godzilla who is strong so that must make him god tier! WHOA, Godzilla beat Spacegodzilla, he must be PLANET Tier."
2. They ignore a lot of backstory to WHy they're strong. They don't consider the Empire is stronger then the Rebela because underdogs overthrowing the superior evil is the point, they bitch the Empire should win more.
3. They just play favorites. I like Harry Potter so he must be the highest tier wizard.

It's the worst part of FMs

RIP Evan.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

The 'planet buster' 'city buster' 'galaxy buster' shit needs to fucking leave.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

If i'm going to be honest, power scaling at a base level of analysis is conceptually flawed. Feats dont mean poop, I mean, sure, this guy tanked something thats stringer than what this guy tanked, but that doesn't automatically make said guy more powerful than the other guy. Also, the city-level, planet level, building level, all that stuff is so stupid. A single instance of "qualifying" to be say, city level does NOT mean that the being in question is automatically city level. Besides, this is all fiction, so the rules of reality are going to be warped and stretched like an incredibly long and elastic rubber band.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

I recently got into a debate on kaiju power scaling. So apparently, SpaceGodzilla is supposed to be solar system because he survived a black hole during his creation. And therefore, SpaceGodzilla's skin can tank Supernovas, and also therefore, MOGUERA and Godzilla are both solar system level. I have a problem with that to be honest. Can anyone prove or disprove this?
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

GmkGoji wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:22 pm I recently got into a debate on kaiju power scaling. So apparently, SpaceGodzilla is supposed to be solar system because he survived a black hole during his creation. And therefore, SpaceGodzilla's skin can tank Supernovas, and also therefore, MOGUERA and Godzilla are both solar system level. I have a problem with that to be honest. Can anyone prove or disprove this?
You can definitely disprove that by just watching the films and seeing that literally nothing supports that outlandish claim. People who rely on Vs Battles Wiki's garbage logic for versus debates should not be taken seriously.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

GmkGoji wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:22 pm I recently got into a debate on kaiju power scaling. So apparently, SpaceGodzilla is supposed to be solar system because he survived a black hole during his creation. And therefore, SpaceGodzilla's skin can tank Supernovas, and also therefore, MOGUERA and Godzilla are both solar system level. I have a problem with that to be honest. Can anyone prove or disprove this?
Where was this?
For Emperor and Empire!

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

Lets see, where are the scans...
So these three things are the "proof".

Tada, evidence SpaceGodzilla is solar system level! Not.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

What the fuck kinda title is the "Combat Creature"?
Resized Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I love how that entire spiel misses the point that Spacegodzilla was born from the white hole, in other words, as he appears in the film was NEVER what came out or survived.

RIP Evan.