TVC Boss 1: JAGzilla vs Final Wars Army

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: TVC Boss 1: JAGzilla vs Final Wars Army

Post by JAGzilla »

POWER!!! UNLIMITED POWER!!!!1

No, I'll hold onto the Loot Box. I don't need it.

I was hoping for this one. Well, there were easier options, but this isn't bad. This isn't a super easy fight; they've got a three man advantage, and Monster X is a fair threat on his own. Fortunately for me, his lackeys are shit. Weak, stupid, fragile, bumbling goons that don't hold a candle to their Showa predecessors. Kamacuras was impaled on an electrical tower. Anguirus, Rodan, and King Seesar went down in one or two melee hits apiece. Gigan was one-hit decapitated- twice. It doesn't take much to drop these clowns.

As a huge bonus, I semi-accidentally sent myself up really well here. My team is actually really well coordinated. Mechagodzilla and Gipsy Danger have human pilots that can obviously communicate and cooperate no problem. They could be a good tag-team on their own, MG playing offense with ranged bombardment while Gipsy plays defense, ensuring no one can close to melee with MG. Jaeger pilots are of course accustomed to fighting defensively and laying down their lives if need be.

Then we have Mothra, who specializes in defense and teamwork. She'll literally serve as a meat shield if it comes down to it, protecting her teammates at all costs, and she's smart enough to recognize that MG is the VIP that needs protecting here.

The MUTO is a natural team fighter accustomed to point defense fighting. Megalon may not be optimal here without a fellow sadistic thug speaking his language, but he's capable of working with allies. Kumonga is a loner, but DAM evidenced that he can cooperate when it suits him, and he's a clever, tricky bug that can fight smart.

So essentially what we end up with here is the climax of Avengers: AoU, with Mechagodzilla as the (very deadly) McGuffin and a ring of teammates ensuring that none of the swarming cannon fodder lay a finger on him. The FW goons are fast and mean; they'll rush in en masse, but Mechagodzilla can mow them down like wheat if he has time, Kumonga* can web them up and most have no ability to do anything about it, and everyone else holds the line. It's going to be real fucking intense for a minute or two, and I might lose Gipsy and Mothra, but I think my lackeys can weather the storm long enough for MG to clean house. Hell, Megalon's durability comes in handy again here: this whole team could pile onto him, and he could probably survive it for a while.

* I should put out a reminder that GFW Kumonga doesn't, to the best of my recollection, use actual sticky webbing. I remember his webs being more like solid nets that Godzilla could easily remove without getting stuck. Showa Kumonga uses the same frighteningly effective stuff that the Mothra larvae are so infamous for.

Locking in my vote: I got this.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Heisei Mechagodzilla alone would be able to do heavy damage to the Final Wars army and still put up a fight against Monster X. Give him all this backup? Pour one out to the FW boys, they're deader than dead here.
Last edited by Giratina93 on Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Yeah, I don’t really see an outcome with JAGzilla not winning this. His fighters are well-equipped to take this one.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Gigan flies apart like leaves the moment any projectiles hit him. The others are cannon fodder at best, MechaGodzilla alone could probably kill a lot of them with it's basic weapons. Add in cannon fodder of his own, and JAG pulls off a pretty clean sweep.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Alrighty then. Megalon dries out Hedorah, Mothra distracts Gigan, Gipsy deals with Ebirah and maybe someone else along the way, the two Kumonga flirt or try to eat each other, and Mechagodzilla unleashes hell upon everyone in front of him with the Female MUTO Acting as a guard. Monster X can fire his beams sure, but that will probably charge up the Plasma Grenade, which will knock him on his ass. If the lackeys die fast enough, JAGzilla should be able to take this battle easily.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

JAG easily takes this, his lackeys destroy the FW lackeys, Monster X is the only true threat, and since no Keizer Ghidorah, He will get demolished. :mechagodzilla1993:

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

JAGzilla triumphs.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Huh... You know, looking at this from a monster to monster match up, I think this is actually rather close.

JAG's leader matchup is actually not great. MG has plenty of firepower, sure, but Monster X's tendency to fight up close coupled with his armor lends me to think that MG is in for a thrashing. That means its down to the lackeys and that is what saves JAG here.

The biggest threats are Hedorah & Gigan, which have counters in the form of Megalon & the Female MUTO. Coupled with greater experience with Mothra, Gypsy and Kumonga (Showa), means the numbers advantage won't be served well here. Once those battles conclude, MX, even if he got lucky and beat MG, can't stand up to all of them.

Jag wins.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon