TVC R2: JAGzilla vs ShinGojira14

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Voyager
Keizer

TVC R2: JAGzilla vs ShinGojira14

Post by Voyager »

For Emperor and Empire!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: TVC R2: JAGzilla vs ShinGojira14

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Yes please, I will use my loot box.
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

The Loot Box has opened, revealing… An Imperial Army! 20 AT-ATs, 30 AT-STs, 10 TIE Fighters, and 2 SPHA-Ts have joined Shin’s side for this match, and can be deployed for the next one if he so wishes.
For Emperor and Empire!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I assume the Imperials run on electricity?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:44 pm I assume the Imperials run on electricity?
Yeah probably.
For Emperor and Empire!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Voyager wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:56 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:44 pm I assume the Imperials run on electricity?
Yeah probably.
Well then, the Female MUTO probably just shuts them off before they can get their asses off the ground.

Added in 14 minutes 43 seconds:
Godzilla already canonically beats MechaGodzilla one-on-one (twice, if I remember correctly), so JAG's biggest hitter gets taken care of after some difficulty. SOS Mothra is one of the weaker versions of the character, and is either gonna be having to use her scales in very short order due to the enemies she's facing—or she's gonna get absolutely torn or blasted apart before she even gets a chance; the latter being more likely since she goes for melee first. And even if she tries to stay afloat and hit my team with her hurricane winds, Rodan or Heisei Mothra (or Otachi if she decides to put her wings to good use) can just knock her right out of the sky and end that tactic right there—and SOS Mothra doesn't do well on the ground at all. And if she's unlucky enough to get blasted by Godzilla or Otachi, Paul Reiser have mercy on her soul.

Megalon and Kumonga can provide an effective distraction with their ranged attacks while the Female MUTO charges my team members head on; but if Otachi hits her with her acid, the MUTO's gonna be in for loathing life. And if Otachi closes the gap between her and JAGzilla's bugs, she'll straight-up murder them.
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Ehh... parts of that assessment are accurate. I don't know about Godzilla beating Mechagodzilla, though, for two reasons. (1.)Is there any reason to assume Miki Saegusa isn't on board MG? IIRC, her brain-busting feat didn't require any real help from Garuda, so couldn't she just replicate it here? Alternatively, (2.) my numerical advantage means MG has help. Godzilla was on his ass and losing the first round until his electrical redirection BS kicked in. This time, if he has another monster smacking him around while MG is free to blast away, he might very well be KO'd before he can redirect the G-Crusher. And if either of those scenarios come to pass, my team cleans up here.

And Otachi isn't going to straight up murder anyone. Her melee skills are notoriously poor; she was on the backfoot against Cherno, Striker, and Gipsy until tricks or Leatherback bailed her out. Megalon or MUTO can hold their own in melee against her, and it'll end up as an attrition battle, durability vs. pain tolerance. Kumonga outright beats her by webbing her to the ground. She may be able to orbital drop the MUTO, I guess.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

JAGzilla wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:09 pm
And Otachi isn't going to straight up murder anyone. Her melee skills are notoriously poor; she was on the backfoot against Cherno, Striker, and Gipsy until tricks or Leatherback bailed her out.
No they aren’t. She straight-up massacred Crimson and was in the process of doing the exact same to Cherno when Leatherback showed up and just sealed the deal. And she very nearly did the same to Gipsy had it not been for Mako’s clever last-minute thinking with Gipsy’s scimitar.

Furthermore, all four of those Jaegers were far meaner melee fighters than Megalon and Kumonga—especially Striker Eureka. And still Otachi managed to defeat two and give a third one a hard time before finally going down.

Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Crimson was a special case, since Otachi's tail was specifically tailored to crush his tiny, fragile head. That won't work on Megalon, the MUTO, or Kumonga, and again, she's unlikely to close to melee range with Kumonga, anyway. He'll web her up from a distance, and she has no good way to break free.

Otachi's acid worked well against a Jaeger made of steel, but kaiju are literally made of sterner stuff. Kumonga and the MUTO have both demonstrated the ability to withstand atomic rays to the face- more than one, for Kumonga. So I don't doubt that the acid will sting, but I don't see it being a killshot against either of them. Megalon is more questionable. It's reasonable to assume the acid could melt his drills, at least.

The orbital drop is terrifying, and she might be able to use it against the MUTO. But we need to bear in mind that she doesn't open with it. Flying was a last resort for her, only used once her acid sac and tail claw had been neutralized. So the fight will likely go on for several minutes before she tries pulling that move out, and she may be up against more than one enemy by that point.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Leaning Jag here.

First up, if MG and Godzilla square up, the fight handily goes toward MG. His energy absorbing armor and overwhelming firepower ensure Godzilla can't really compete with him unless he lasts long enough to bust out the Spiral Ray. Also, if Godzilla has experience fighting MG, so does the MG crew, meaning while they might not be able to hit the brain, they'll know not to use the anchors unless they're really desperate or certain they can hit the lower brain.

Also, most of Jag's team counters Shin's firepower. The Female disables all the star wars support for miles around the battlefield. MG can absorb Rodan and probably Mothra's attacks. Lastly, while Shin's lackeys dish out more power, Jag has numbers and some decent firepower on his own side. Also in a 1v1, the female MUTO has way more strength and piercing than Otachi and I bring this up because most of Shin's team are fliers meaning Otachi, if she doesn't break out her wings fast, is going to be in for hell with Kumonga, Megalon & the Female MUTO all stuck on the ground.

Throw in Kumonga's poisonous stinger and Mothra SOS's exploding scale on a team that likes to spam energy make me question where Shin gets the upper hand in this fight. Unless Otcahi blitzes MG and melts its head, I just can't see a reliable out.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ I'm JAGzilla, and I approve this message. :thumbsup:

But I'm obligated to point out that Shin has the standard Heisei Rodan, not Fire, meaning he won't be powering MG up. I don't see that changing a lot, though.

I haven't talked about Rodan or Heisei Mothra yet. Rodan is a strong melee fighter by Heisei standards, good at knocking people over and pecking the crap out of them. I can see him being a decent annoyance, but his stiffness will be his undoing. The MUTO will hook him down and beat the snot out of him if he goes for her, and we've seen that he doesn't last long against MG's firepower.

Mothra I haven't seen in action in a long time, so I'll reserve judgement on her.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Logan268
Gotengo Officer

Post by Logan268 »

This battle depends not only on who wins the war of the lackeys but also the battle of the leaders. I think we all know how Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla Heisei edition went down. It went a little something like the following

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

JAGzilla wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:41 pm Crimson was a special case, since Otachi's tail was specifically tailored to crush his tiny, fragile head. That won't work on Megalon, the MUTO, or Kumonga, and again, she's unlikely to close to melee range with Kumonga, anyway. He'll web her up from a distance, and she has no good way to break free.

Otachi's acid worked well against a Jaeger made of steel, but kaiju are literally made of sterner stuff. Kumonga and the MUTO have both demonstrated the ability to withstand atomic rays to the face- more than one, for Kumonga. So I don't doubt that the acid will sting, but I don't see it being a killshot against either of them. Megalon is more questionable. It's reasonable to assume the acid could melt his drills, at least.

The orbital drop is terrifying, and she might be able to use it against the MUTO. But we need to bear in mind that she doesn't open with it. Flying was a last resort for her, only used once her acid sac and tail claw had been neutralized. So the fight will likely go on for several minutes before she tries pulling that move out, and she may be up against more than one enemy by that point.
Fair point.

But to be fair just the same, Otachi’s acid and 2014 Godzilla’s heat ray are different kinds of ranged weapon, with different properties.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

It's far from one-sided, and there are scenarios where Shin pulls this off, but I have the numerical edge and lackeys that counter some of Shin's, so I think that nets it for me.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I think my team can triumph here, albeit with some difficulty.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Mechagodzilla really helps claim Jag the victory in my eyes. Sure, Godzilla can win, but most of his victories either come with time or his enemy making a mistake. Those are luxuries Shin's teammates can't afford to take. With less numbers and no chance of Mechagodzilla being depleted of energy, I think Jag caries this more often than not after a long fight.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon