TVC R1: Greyshot151 vs JAGzilla

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Voyager
Keizer

TVC R1: Greyshot151 vs JAGzilla

Post by Voyager »

Greyshot151
Gamera (Heisei)
Cretaceous King Ghidorah
Godzilla (GTS)

vs

JAGzilla
Mechagodzilla (Heisei)
Female MUTO
Megalon

Arena: London

Rules: Heisei Scaling
Mechagodzilla cannot turn into SMG
CKG cannot become GKG (duh)
For Emperor and Empire!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: TVC R1: Greyshot151 vs JAGzilla

Post by JAGzilla »

All right. Not the easiest fight I could've started with, but definitely not the hardest, either. I would say that the lackeys are reasonably even, with the durability of mine balancing out the mobility and firepower of Greyshot's. That fight could go either way, but will probably last long enough that it will ultimately be decided by the surviving leader joining in.

So that hinges on one critical question: can Gamera absorb any of Mechagodzilla's basic beams? I'm not familiar enough with the details of his energy absorbing capabilities to know for sure, so I'll leave that to group consensus. Reading his bio and remembering what I do from the movies, though, I would guess that the answer is no, and that means MG blasts him into turtle soup in a matter of seconds. Either way, MG's missiles will definitely do heavy damage, seeing as Gamera was stunned and knocked out of the air by basic anti-aircraft missiles. Durability really isn't his strong point.

On the flip side, Gamera's fireballs are nasty, and their explosive damage type might not be something MG's armor can absorb. MG is a Heisei tank, though, so he can probably withstand a few of them. Melee wise, Gamera has the clear edge and will win if he can press a CQB fight, but I don't see that happening.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Just finished watching Rebirth of Mothra 3, and I must say, CKG is a huge threat, I don't think femuto or megalon can take him down, not to mention CKG has Zilla Junior to assist him. Can Gamera use Banishing fist? If he can, he could probably do extreme damage to Mechagodzilla, but even if he doesn't he will have CKG and Zilla Junior to help once they finish the muto and megalon. I cant see Greyshot losing this.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Now this is an interesting fight!

While on paper, JAG looks to have the stronger team, I think I have a few key areas of advantage. But first, we need to figure out who is most likely to fight who. Assuming Gamera and MG go after one another, the other match up that seems likely is Zilla fighting the MUTO since the Female will be drawn to Zilla's radiation. This leaves Cretaceous to fight Megalon.

So for general thoughts on these matchups:

Gamera vs. MG:

- Gamera has the edge in CQC, MG has the edge in firepower
- Gamera has the edge in endurance, while MG has the edge in durability
- Due to the explosive nature of the Plasma fireball, MG can't reliably absorb its energy like Godzilla's atomic ray. Which means the Grenade Buster won't be functioning often if at all.
- The Mana Beam might actually be the worst idea for Gamera because if MG survives, Gamera will get obliterated by a supercharged Grenade Buster.
- While missiles did shoot Gamera out of the sky, keep in mind that was his first encounter with such weapons. They also caused no considerable damage and this is G3 Gamera whose hide was strong enough to withstand the sonic ray with ease. Paralyzing missiles I don't think will be shooting chunks out of Gamera.

General thoughts: Holding off on final say, but Gamera's insane endurance I think ensures MG can't just blitz Gamera to help his team. Considering his excessively long fight with Legion, where he was repeatedly skewered through the brain and got back up, burns and blasts won't put down Gamera even with the shock anchors. I consider this fight like Napolean invading Russia. The longer Gamera refuses to give in, the worse the position MG will be in.

Zilla vs. MUTO (The Most interesting fight IMO):

- Zilla has better firepower, abilities, leagues more experience and speed. MUTO has better strength and can nullify the atomic ray for a time.

General thoughts: This is really tough. Zilla GTS is known for getting beat, but usually those first round knockouts are due to poison, toxins, or outside factors. Here, the MUTO lacks a way to knock GTS out fast so it it has to won in 1v1 combat. With that in mind, without another teammate, I think Zilla reliably takes the edge over the female MUTO. Once he channels enough firepower, he will also be hitting far harder than Legendary G did.

Ghidorah vs. Megalon:

- Ghidorah has better firepower, durability, and agility. Meanwhile, Megalon has better CQC and a better arsenal.

General thoughts: This is tough, but not impossible for either side to win. Ghidorah was beat by lava and Megalon's napalm is no joke. Meanwhile, Ghidorah like to stay airbourne and was tanking attacks from Rainbow Leo whose no slough in the firepower department. While Rainbow Leo had been beaten by Grand, the fact his primordial counterpart still held up and didn't cave like Desghidorah or Dagarla means he has some strong beam resistance. Megalon meanwhile doesn't have that, having fallen to maser fire. Closer, but giving my edge to Ghidorah.

Overall thoughts: Really, this comes down to who teammates can get the first win to help others. And I think Zilla reliably takes his fight enough to help either Gamera or Ghidorah turn the tide of their own battles.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Good analysis. I agree that Gamera has the endurance to fight through the pain for a while, which very well might be all he needs. I want to see some other opinions before I decide a winner, though.

MUTO vs. Zilla Jr... the iguana's speed is going to be a problem; MUTO will have a hard time getting a good grip on him. IIRC, though, her claws were piercing G14's armor, so she'll literally be able to punch holes in the flimsier Zilla Jr. if she does make contact. But yes, mobility, firepower, and experience do give ZJ a slight edge.

Megalon with his underappreciated durability can take anything Cretaceous Ghidorah can dish out, and probably vice versa. This is basically a stalemate that will be decided by an ally joining in.

So everything comes down to whether Gamera can survive against Mechagodzilla's firepower.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

I will hop in real quick to state the missiles that hit Gamera in G3 only knocked him out of the sky because they hit his jets, the thing he uses to fly. The Paralyzer Missiles will hurt as will the Mega Buster, but the explosive properties of his plasma fireballs will cause very little of the energy to be absorbed by the Diamond Coating. Another factor is if he can melt off that Diamond coating with enough heat. Mechagodzilla struggled to fight Fire Rodan initially, and Gamera is far more mobile in the air compared to Rodan. Unfortunately for Mechagodzilla, all the destruction he may cause in the surroundings only helps Gamera if he is able to absorb the flames nearby to supercharge a Plasma Ball. Same with Megalon’s Napalm only acting as Fuel for the turtle.

Cretaceous Ghidorah is somewhat durable, able to take on a weakened Rainbow Mothra and even take him down momentarily. However he does end up dying to a volcano, so he can be beaten by enough heat. If he takes on the MUTO, he has some chance of beating her with his fireballs. Fighting Megalon will require him yo do his best to get through the Napalm Bombs and his durability. His worst opponent will be Mechagodzilla with those Shock Anchors and Megabusters.

Godzilla has speed on his side with his tactile mind. He is known for burrowing beneath opponents to drop them into holes, or ambushing them from below. Luckily for him, nobody has any toxins or debilitating abilities to take him out. Unfortunately, he is not going to do anything to Mechagodzilla. Megalon he could theoretically get the drop on with his smarter mind and speedy tactics compared to Megalon who needs to be ordered around. He could do quite well against the MUTO in close combat however, doing his best to avoid her rushing tackles and sharp claws and retaliating with his own.

This fight really depends on who can take out one enemy first.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Megalon is not the most competent fighter on JAGzilla’s team, and probably won’t do any better than serve as a distraction for Greyshot with his napalm bombs and horn lightning—before Godzilla either shreds him or a shot from Gamera or Ghidorah drops him like a pheasant.

The Female MUTO is nothing to scoff at and easily has the strength to bowl over Gamera or CKG—if she gets in close enough. Ghidorah will be spamming the hell out of his fireballs, of which can do some serious damage, and Gamera’s can wreck her shit just the same. And if the MUTO engages ToonZilla, she’s gonna hate life when he more or less runs circles around her.

Heisei MechaGodzilla might be JAGzilla’s best chance at victory here. Despite how poor he is at melee, he’s got A: powerful firepower on his side, and B: he’s a durable tank who can take an elephant’s ass-ton of punishment before finally falling.

If MechaGodzilla can stay alive long enough to assist Megalon in beaming Greyshot’s team while the Female MUTO hacks them up something good, JAGzilla might be able to pull off a win here—but if MechaGodzilla falls (and Greyshot’s team does have the means to beat him), then JAG’s team is gonna be face to face with Blundergosh pretty quickly.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:25 am Megalon is not the most competent fighter on JAGzilla’s team, and probably won’t do any better than serve as a distraction for Greyshot with his napalm bombs and horn lightning—before Godzilla either shreds him or a shot from Gamera or Ghidorah drops him like a pheasant.
I knew someone would say something along these lines, and most of this is wrong. It's true that Megalon is an incompetent fighter and mostly just a distraction here, but no one is going to shred or drop him easily. His durability is actually up there with the best of them. He doesn't like taking beams, true, but they never actually did anything to him. He absorbed a huge number of punches, two drop kicks, and an up-and-down tail-grabber slam, and kept right on trucking. He even swallowed one of his own napalm bombs and had the thing explode inside him, and he got right back up. He was still fully mobile and had the strength to drill his way back to Seatopia at full speed once he gave up and retreated.

So the internal napalm tanking feat implies that fire and explosive damage do basically nothing to him, which writes off CKG's fireballs and probably Gamera's as well. Megalon may still freak out if hit, but he's likely to be no worse for wear. It's going to take something egregious like the Mana Beam to actually kill him, although he may eventually retreat if he finds himself alone and being whaled on.

That's why I chose him: there are a lot of fights Megalon can't win, but it's pretty difficult to actually make him lose. He's a very effective damage sponge and distraction.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm going to pretend he doesn't have the horn lightning. He never canonically used it in battle, so it shouldn't be allowed in a fantasy match.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Giving this to Greyshot more often than not.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

I'm giving this to Greyshot. Megalon is a durable idiot, but he's still an idiot who can be either outmuscled or outsmarted. And considering many of GTAS Godzilla's fights are either him outsmarting or outmaneuvering his opponents, he should be able to take down Megalon. You know what's really unfortunate though? Heisei Mechagodzilla only hovers briefly in his first fight against Godzilla, then for the rest of the movie, until he combines with the Garuda to make Super Mechagodzilla, walks around to fight enemy monsters. Yes he can theoretically still hover around for most of the fight, but when he needs to do his heavy weaponry like the Plasma Grenade or the Shock Anchors, He'll need to be grounded. And even then his hovering in the first fight isn't as fast or as mobile as Super Mechagodzilla. Him Hovering for the whole fight is also an issue for him, as him being off the ground means Gamera flying at a fast enough speed to avoid the lasers could then just punt him through a bunch of buildings if he hits him, or the same with Ghidorah if he gets through the beams. If Godzilla can manage to trick Megalon into tunneling underground to follow him, he could technically collapse the ground beneath Mechagodzilla and drop him into a pit. Yes the mecha could fly out of the pit or just hover above it, but him being in the pit would lead to an opening for a large bombardment on him, or for someone to take advantage of his slow hovering. There's also the chance Mechagodzilla overheats, causing him to be in a position for the rest of the gang to beat the crap out of him while he recovers like after the beam clash with Godzilla in the movie. You know, the scene where Mechagodzilla does nothing and lets Godzilla walk up to him, pick him up by the head, and throw him into a building because the pilots are trying to fix the overheating issue. Once they get Mechagodzilla down, it'll be hard for them to get back up for a while. The MUTO could be an issue, but Ghidorah is there to blast away freely. Ghidorah against Megalon only clears Godzilla to be able to dig that trench to drop Mechagodzilla into as the Female MUTO can not dig as fast as him, though she will be a bit more tricky to fight. I will say that the Plasma Grenade will probably do a lot of damage to whoever it hits.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

I've thought about this, and its closer than I once thought. Megalon is durable enough to withstand CKG's attacks, but Megalon isn't strong enough to put Ghidorah down. Then we have Zilla Junior vs female muto, which is a great fight. Zilla Junior is faster, but the muto is more durable and physically stronger. I say Zilla Junior takes this if he can make a strategy to beat the muto. Then there is Gamera vs Mechagodzilla, and this fight can go either way. If Gamera can get up close, then he has a chance, but if MG keeps the turtle at a distance, then Gamera will get fried by the Plasma Grenade. I am going to abstain due to the fact that all of the fights can go either way in this match.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

If Gamera didn't have the capacity to be strengthened and healed by the fire this battle is going to produce (London is going to be burned clean off the map) I'd say Mechagodzilla has the firepower to put him down. As it is, Gamera has good odds of surviving long enough to win this. Hell, given that Gamera's powers are all plasma based, it's possible the Plasma Grenade would just fucking feed him. Gamera's tricky. He doesn't look like much at first glance, but he has versatility on his side.

Zilla Jr. is a very solid lackey, and his speed and intelligence give him good odds of edging out Megalon and the MUTO, with CKG providing backup.

It's close, but Greyshot takes the W more often than not.

Logan268
G-Grasper

Post by Logan268 »

While I'd argue CKC is the weak link of his team and could be taken out if he goes after the Female M.U.T.O, Gamera and Zilla Junior are just far better fighters then the opposition and carry CKC on their back to victory.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Voting myself as I think my teams 1v1s are more favorable.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon