TVC R1: Nagoda vs Breakdown

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Voyager
Keizer

TVC R1: Nagoda vs Breakdown

Post by Voyager »

Nagoda
Ezmael
King Cobra
Zone Fighter

vs

Breakdown
Mechagodzilla (1974)
Megatron (TF1)
Starscream (Bayformers)

Arena: Mt Fuji

Rules: TF1 feats for Megatron
TF1-3 feats for Starscream
Heisei Scaling
Last edited by Voyager on Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

Nagoda
Futurian

Re: TVC R1: Nagoda vs Breakdown

Post by Nagoda »

Alright. I can take this. King Cobra if given the chance, could either blind, or coat my enemies with his glue venom. Either precise shots from the mouth, or if they decide to rush him on the ground, a large stream of his glue to fire at them. Add in his burrowing ability and he could very well get the jump on Mechagodzilla, who did not realize Anguirus was burrowing in front of him until he tripped on him, and trap the Mecha with his glue. Not much he can do against the Transformers in their Jet forms, but if they fight in their humanoid forms they run the risk of being glued down for a beam assault. Ezmael is the Ultimate Space Beast with all the strengths and powers of the prior Space Beasts, and unless Mechagodzilla or the transformers has firepower on par or stronger than Nexus and his various literal Atomizing beams to get past his durability, or are better in close combat to avoid a hail of beams, webbing, tentacles, explosive pollen, and pure strength, they aren’t going to do much against him. If they can’t beat Nexus, they can’t beat the space beast who beat his ass twice in a row. Megatron and Starscream in their Jet forms will be shot down eventually. Plus there is also Zone Fighter here who, while presumably retains his time limit in this tournament, can literally push around a mountain/hill while on his ass, plus a variety of other bs Showa ultra-like powers from freeze mist, several cutting beams, the Meteor Missile Might, his Meteor Proton Beam, and barriers of course. Zone Fighter will probably go down eventually, maybe followed by King Cobra, but they’ll do the job required for Ezmael to kill the rest.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

King Cobra is doing absolutely nothing here. He doesn't have the durability to survive the kind of firepower MechaGodzilla and Starscream have. If I recall, he was taken out by a strafing run by the alien fighter ships, who's projectiles couldn't even penetrate the hull of a battleship. Speaking of Starscream, nobody on Nagoda's team can even remotely threaten him. He'll be waaaay out of range for most of the fight (F-22 Raptors can attack targets from miles away) and he's more than maneuverable to evade incoming attacks. Zone Fighter similarly won't be contributing much. Megatron can take him in melee combat, and his Fusion Cannon could probably ragdoll him like it did to Optimus Prime. He's severely outgunned by MechaGodzilla, and this is while Starscream is also contributing with airstrikes.

Ezmael is the only threat here, but with his support getting annihilated realtively quickly, it's only a matter of time before he gets overwhelmed. An All-Out-Assault by MechaGodzilla combined with Starscream's relentless bombardment from the air is going to be brutal, resulting in a victory for me.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Breakdown wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:17 am King Cobra is doing absolutely nothing here. He doesn't have the durability to survive the kind of firepower MechaGodzilla and Starscream have. If I recall, he was taken out by a strafing run by the alien fighter ships, who's projectiles couldn't even penetrate the hull of a battleship. Speaking of Starscream, nobody on Nagoda's team can even remotely threaten him. He'll be waaaay out of range for most of the fight (F-22 Raptors can attack targets from miles away) and he's more than maneuverable to evade incoming attacks. Zone Fighter similarly won't be contributing much. Megatron can take him in melee combat, and his Fusion Cannon could probably ragdoll him like it did to Optimus Prime. He's severely outgunned by MechaGodzilla, and this is while Starscream is also contributing with airstrikes.

Ezmael is the only threat here, but with his support getting annihilated realtively quickly, it's only a matter of time before he gets overwhelmed. An All-Out-Assault by MechaGodzilla combined with Starscream's relentless bombardment from the air is going to be brutal, resulting in a victory for me.
King Cobra never actually gets hit by any of the Leviathan’s weaponry, with the closest being him avoiding the lasers from the Leviathan Battleships which are flattening the buildings and human military into scorched earth. He also has Experience taking down Mechs with his kill of the Robo Yeti, though Mechagodzilla and the Transformers do have far better firepower and durability in this case and could ward him off. Plus who knows how well Transformers can function if they are covered in glue when they attempt to throw down with the snake, especially if being covered in ice could keep Megatron trapped in a military facility. Yes they could very well just bombard from the sky, but that’s mostly Starscream who tends to fight like that. Megatron would rather grab onto his enemies, then fly them through a building.

Meanwhile, Megatron, and some other transformers in that movie, gets several holes and chunks torn off him by missiles and grenade launchers. Literally in the final fight he gets gunned down and weakened enough by the military for Sam to shove the cube into his chest. The Meteor Missile Might or Ezmael’s blasts should be of similar damage here if they hit him, and they probably will when he decides to fight in Melee instead of remaining in his Jet form.

You say Zone Fighter won’t be contributing much, but I disagree. Since this is Heisei scaling, everything he does is just about doubled, which means that mountain moving thing is a lot stronger, as is his constant tossing and throwing of monsters WAY too heavy for the Showa Era. Most of his enemies are in the Heisei Weight and Height range of 50-100,000 tons and 70-90 meters. Normal Megatron weights about 5-6 tons, but even with him Heisei Scaled he’s still going to be under the weight limit for Zone Fighter’s feats. That Fusion Cannon takes a while to charge, enough for Optimus to get a shot off at him before Megatron can fire back. Zone Fighter will see Big Gun and try to dodge it, or use his barrier. Another thing, is that Zone Fighter should at least be on par with Showa Godzilla in combat, as the two spar regularly according to the show, with one episode actually showing their sparring. But as the only Flier on my team, he’s probably going to be the one chasing down Starscream in the air. Fighter jets are fast sure, but are they “Fly from Earth to Venus within a day’s time while avoiding gravity bolts” fast? He should be able to keep up and fire back with his Meteor Proton Ray, especially since Heisei Scaleing makes Star Scream a really big fighter jet, meaning a big target to shoot at.

Ezmael will more than likely withstand Mechagodzilla’s all out assault, and return fire with his own all out assault making this entire battlefield a mess. He should withstand any of their weaponry from the aerial bombardment from Starscream to Megatron’s Fusion Cannon. They’ll irritate him, but that just turns his anger to them and he is accurate enough to shoot down the night raiders. Even if all three of your team jump Ezmael, they don’t have the firepower to kill him.
_______

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Nagoda wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:02 amPlus who knows how well Transformers can function if they are covered in glue when they attempt to throw down with the snake, especially if being covered in ice could keep Megatron trapped in a military facility. Yes they could very well just bombard from the sky, but that’s mostly Starscream who tends to fight like that. Megatron would rather grab onto his enemies, then fly them through a building.
..Because Megatron was already offline when they moved him into Hoover Dam? Kind of hard to break free when you're not even awake.
Meanwhile, Megatron, and some other transformers in that movie, gets several holes and chunks torn off him by missiles and grenade launchers. Literally in the final fight he gets gunned down and weakened enough by the military for Sam to shove the cube into his chest. The Meteor Missile Might or Ezmael’s blasts should be of similar damage here if they hit him, and they probably will when he decides to fight in Melee instead of remaining in his Jet form.
Which amounted to absolutely nothing, given Megatron had little to no external damage in spite of that bombardment by weapons he was specifically weak to. The only notable damage he had was some Energon leaking from his chest. Also he was still standing after all that, he only fell after Optimus tripped him with an arm swipe.
You say Zone Fighter won’t be contributing much, but I disagree. Since this is Heisei scaling, everything he does is just about doubled, which means that mountain moving thing is a lot stronger, as is his constant tossing and throwing of monsters WAY too heavy for the Showa Era.

Not only am I gonna call that mountain moving feat an outlier, but I'm also going to bring up that ZF stats are a point of contention in the FMs, since none of the monsters are 70-90 meters tall. If they were, they'd be dwarfing ZF. It's the same issue with Gorosaurus in DAM being only 25 meters despite him being the same height, if not slightly taller, than Godzilla.
That Fusion Cannon takes a while to charge, enough for Optimus to get a shot off at him before Megatron can fire back. Zone Fighter will see Big Gun and try to dodge it, or use his barrier. Another thing, is that Zone Fighter should at least be on par with Showa Godzilla in combat, as the two spar regularly according to the show, with one episode actually showing their sparring.

When Megatron first entered the final battle, he fired off a quick shot that ragdolled and damaged Jazz. It appeared to be more like a pistol than the actual cannon fired at Optimus, but it's worth mentioning. Also I'd argue a scaled-up Optimus Prime could very well give Showa Godzilla a hard fight, if not defeat him outright. Megatron literally overwhelmed this Optimus in physical combat. You can argue Optimus was holding back because A. He didn't want to kill Megatron and B. Was concerned with collateral damage, but that still doesn't change the fact that even when holding back, Optimus can still hit hard enough to punch Bonecrusher in the head and make the latter's eyeballs pop out. Nevermind the fact that he then proceeds to literally tear off Bonecrusher's head with one hand.
But as the only Flier on my team, he’s probably going to be the one chasing down Starscream in the air. Fighter jets are fast sure, but are they “Fly from Earth to Venus within a day’s time while avoiding gravity bolts” fast? He should be able to keep up and fire back with his Meteor Proton Ray, especially since Heisei Scaleing makes Star Scream a really big fighter jet, meaning a big target to shoot at.
Does he actually go that fast in combat? Because Starscream absolutely does, to the point where he can take on other F-22s in mid-air while also keeping up with them. Yes Heisei scaling would make Starscream essentially a kaiju-sized F-22, I'll once again point out that he was able to take out an entire squadron of F-22s by himself in mid-air. Starscream is still a very agile and adept aerial combatant even if he's scaled up. Also again, Starscream's effective range is literally miles. He could potentially bombard ZF without even being in visual range. Examples being in ROTF when he attempted to attack Bumblebee, Skids and Mudflap from an extremely high altitude. In DOTM he was chilling in low-orbit waiting for the Autobot's shuttle to take off, which he then proceeds to annihilate with a missile salvo.
Ezmael will more than likely withstand Mechagodzilla’s all out assault, and return fire with his own all out assault making this entire battlefield a mess. He should withstand any of their weaponry from the aerial bombardment from Starscream to Megatron’s Fusion Cannon. They’ll irritate him, but that just turns his anger to them and he is accurate enough to shoot down the night raiders. Even if all three of your team jump Ezmael, they don’t have the firepower to kill him.
Having just watched the fight, most of Ezmael's arsenal isn't that impressive outside of his mouth ray. One of his beams was literally your average Heisei Sparksplosion laser. I can't see that having the damage output required to cripple Megatron or MechaGodzilla, who was able to withstand his own eye beams redirected back at him several times as well as taking several Atomic Rays. Also he was literally killed in one hit by what I assume is Nexus's finisher. We don't really see a demonstration of this alleged "high durability" when all Nexus did to him was kick and punch him. He was also being driven back by projectiles fired from those jet things. I think it's fair to say that MechaGodzilla's finger missiles probably pack more power than those fired from those aircraft.
ImageImage

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Myself. I think I can take this.
_______

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

From what I looked at, this Ezamel character seems to be quite the beam-spitting powerhouse.

I’m leaning Nagoda here.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Ezmael does have a powerful beam, plus he has Zone Fighter's help here, voting 𝐍𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐝𝐚.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Voting for myself
ImageImage

Logan268
Gotengo Officer

Post by Logan268 »

Breakdown

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Breakdown

Scaled up Transformers means they're going to be shooting rounds out the size of an 18-wheelers, give or take. To say nothing of HOW POWERFUL a typical rocket would be at this blown up size.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I have little or no familiarity with most of the people here. I'll say that King Cobra is a ferocious fighter and might handle either Transformer on his own, but they're going to be working together here. His low durability means he'll break in seconds if they double team him, and then they'll be free to do the same to Zone Fighter. Mechagodzilla almost certainly has the firepower to put this Ezmael guy down if a single Ultra finisher did.

Breakdown .
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

This is VERY close, but I think I'm leaning breakdown. ZFs time limit and KCs lack of range I think will hurt more than the transformers questionable durability.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon