The New Generation Tournament of Power Semi-Final Round - Nagoda vs. GodzillavsRayquaza

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

The New Generation Tournament of Power Semi-Final Round - Nagoda vs. GodzillavsRayquaza

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Nagoda
Ultraman Orb, Ultroid Zero, Ultraman Orb Darkness, Bezelb, War Deity, Bemular (Empowered), Iron Giant (Ready Player One), Takkong (Taiga), Slattern, Ultraman Zero Darkness, Sevenger (Z), Bullton (Z), King Kong (2005), Skull Gomora, Windom (Z), Night Fang and Leugocyte

VS

GodzillavsRayquaza
Baraba (Z), Ultraman Geed, Thunder Killer, Gigadelos, King Ghidorah (Heisei)[/url], Alien Barossa (Gen 1), Indominus rex, Ramarak, Alien Gapiya Abel, Hyper Zetton Deathscythe, Gue-Basser, Horoboros (Z), Gorothunder, Shepherdon, Ultraman Gaia, Ultraman Zero and Zaigorg

Arena: Planet Tenebris

Rules: No retreating, fight is to the knockout/death.
All combatants' height and weights set to Showa scale.
Orb has access to Spacium Zeperion, Burnmite, Hurricane Slash and Thunder Breaster.
Geed has access to Primitive, Solid Burning, Acro Smasher and Magnificent and can use the Geed Claw.
Gaia is in V2 mode and can transform into Supreme Version.
All of Zero's feats from the Zero movie trilogy and Ultra Zero Fight are not valid for this tournament. Only power feats seen in New Generation material will be used.
Zero has access to Strong-Corona, Luna-Miracle, Ultimate, Shining and Beyond.

All Ultras and robots' time limits have been set to six minutes.
Shepherdon's energy-charging abilities have boosted all combatants on their team with a time limit to 10 minutes of active time.
A D20 has been rolled to determine the effectiveness of Bezelb's Kugutsu poison. With a result of 7, the poison is ineffective and Nagoda fails to steal any members from the enemy team.

Nagoda and GvR, will you use your item(s)?
Last edited by MoarCrossovers on Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: The New Generation Tournament of Power Semi-Final Round - Nagoda vs. GodzillavsRayquaza

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I will use Invoke Duel. I am curious as to why my two summon items were automatically used, but I am still using Invoke Duel and hoping I still get access to those two summon items in whatever this nebulous final round will be.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Re: The New Generation Tournament of Power Semi-Final Round - Nagoda vs. GodzillavsRayquaza

Post by MoarCrossovers »

All Lackeys on both teams have been removed from the round, leaving this as a duel between Leaders, Summons and Powerhouses.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Oh.

Well I just fucking win I guess, this is anti-climactic.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Damn, I might as well give up now. Fighting Zero, Gaia, AND Geed? No chance here for me.

Added in 24 seconds:
Unless my own Invoke Duel will allow me to lower the numbers further.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Well, while Orb and Geed are having their epic Shonen fistacuff beatdown of each other, Zaigorg, Gaia, and Zero slaughter the everloving shit out of Nagoda's team, then sit back and watch the Ultra beatdown. Even if Orb were to somehow win that fight, those three would just beat him into a pulp, or blow him up.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Question, is Leugocyte allowed his more active fighting style from Absolute Conspiracy, or is it just the stand there and take attacks while slowly fighting back R/B version.

Added in 3 minutes 18 seconds:
I know I’m still going to lose either way, but I’ll have a better fighting chance if he’s not just standing there being beamed and beaten on while contemplating life.

Added in 2 minutes 11 seconds:
If possible, I use my own INVOKE DUEL!
Last edited by Nagoda on Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_______

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

With the use of the second Invoke Duel, the teams have been further stripped down to only the Leaders.

Debating may now begin.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Well we can assume since Ultroid Zero is meant to be superior to King Joe Storage Custom, so Ultroid Zero should have a better time fighting Barabas.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Alright, now that this battle is what I had wanted it to be from the beginning, let’s go.

For starters, Ultroid Zero and Baraba destroy each other most likely. The D4 Ray obliterates Baraba and knocks Ultroid Zero out, leaving it just between Orb and Geed. Ultroid will do a better job against Baraba than King Joe did, but Baraba is far too durable for Ultroid to bring down without the D4 Ray.

And then, we get to the main event. Orb vs Geed. This is a lot to figure out. First, let’s look real quick at their skill at fighting. Orb has thousands of years worth of life, while Geed is quite literally the youngest protag Ultra in the whole franchise. However, Geed is instinctually very good at fighting, as stated by Zero himself, which can likely be attributed to Geed being quite literally built to be a hero by Belial and Kei. Which means the gap in fighting skill is very minor, if non-existent. So, let’s break down their four forms compared to each other.

Spacium Zeperion vs Primitive

Their technical base forms, despite neither state actually being the respective Ultra’s original state. Anyway, SZ and P are Orb and Geed’s all around forms, the forms that aren’t particularly amazing in any department but are just good in all stats. SZ, due to the usage of Tiga in its composition, can briefly increase either his speed or his strength, meaning that SZ should have an advantage in those fields. However, in response, Primitive has the Wrecking Burst, which has demonstrated far better feats than the Sparion Ray as shown with Geed generally fighting much tougher foes than Orb did in the early stages of their series. For example, just compare Maga-Basser to Skull Gomora. Skull Gomora would rip Maga-Basser apart. As well, SZ only boosts its stats for seconds at a time, meaning that the gap is not impossible to close.

Due to similar performances against better foes at their respective points in the series, I have to give this one to Geed barely. As well, Primitive remains viable throughout the series while the moment Orb unlocks Orb Origin, SZ is pretty much dropped like a sack of potatoes.

Burnmite vs Solid Burning

Orb and Geed’s strength forms respectively, and this one is much clearer to me. Burnmite’s fire attacks aren’t doing much to a foe who also utilizes heat for his attacks, and is also armored up while Burnmite is not. Solid Burning also demonstrates better feats of strength, such as forcing Chimeraberus back a noteworthy distance with the point-blank Strike Boost. (I’d post a gif but whatever the Ultra wiki uses for its gifs does not agree with TK.)

Geed has this category in the bag.

Hurricane Slash vs Acro Smasher

Their speed forms, and this one also has a clear winner, but not Geed’s favor. Acro Smasher is a more pacifstic form, designed to subdue monsters non-lethally. Because of this, his main finisher move just pushes without doing any real harm, and in general he’s not built to destroy. Even if we give this form the Geed Claw, I doubt the Geed Claw would match the Slugger Lance, giving this category to Orb.

Thunder Breastar vs Magnificent

I guess these would also qualify as their strength forms, as their main things are strength and they’ve shown they’re much stronger than Burnmite and Solid Burning.

Now, I will admit, Thunder Breastar is stronger than Magnificent in terms of brute strength. TB was capable of hurling the 80,000 ton Maga-Orochi without much issue, while Magnificent’s best feat of strength is a similar throw done to the 69,000 ton Chimeraberus. And TB’s throw was generally more impressive aside from just weight, lifting Maga-Orochi up over his shoulder as opposed to Magnificent just whipping Chimeraberus through the air by the tail (or maybe Magnifcent’s is more impressive, I’m not super sure on the science of yeeting things).

However, Magnificent is also designed to be a defensive tank, with his bulky armor and barriers. He will be able to take what Thunder Breastar dishes out better than TB will be able to take what Magnificent is dishing out.

Yet, TB is also faster as a consequence of the lack of armor, so he will be throwing out more blows.

Magnificent can hold out in a fight longer than Thunder Breastar, which makes me lean towards him barely.

Now, all of this said, the two obviously aren’t going to always be matching forms. Primitive could find himself against Burnmite, or Magnificent could find himself being attacked rapidly by Hurricane Slash, the possibilities are numerous and as Ultra Galaxy Fight demonstrates, the two will likely be constantly switching forms throughout their bout.

However, Geed’s forms show a greater propensity for being tankier and better built for endurance, which in a timed fight such as this, is greatly helpful for me.
KWCE Administrator

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Now for my counterargument. Also, like you said, Baraba vs Ultroid Zero leads to both falling, as once the D4 Ray is fired, it'll either kill Baraba, or kill Baraba and everything around them when it comes in contact with the Yapool Dimension. Either way, both fall out of comission here. Now onto the main event, Geed vs Orb. Like you said, Orb has more experience, but Geed is also a natural fighter meaning the combat should be roughly the same between the two. Now onto the forms.

Specium Zeperion vs Primitive.

I will say, that the Wrecking Burst is far stronger than the Sperion Beam. No doubt about that. Both beams can kill monsters, but only one can match up with Belial. But, while Geed has the more powerful Beam, Orb has more energy attacks, as well as being able to circle around and fire multiple Sperion Beams at the same time.
It's a close one, the fight between base forms. Geed has a good natural fighting instinct and a stronger beam, but Orb has the stronger physical and speed advantage here by taking energy from Tiga's Power and Sky types. Orb also has a cutting halo that he can catch and toss around with ease or even enhance to be bigger than himself, though Geed has a slash type energy attack as well as a powerful roar. But, Orb has a multipurpose Energy Shield in this form while Geed does not, a shield he once used to reflect a beam and also once used to push an enemy into space. Though both times were circumstantial, it's still a form of defense he can use to help protect him momentarily from the sheer power of the Wrecking Burst. I'd give this one to Orb barely in a base form fight for more utility in his abilities.

Burnmite vs Solid Burning

This one is troublesome, but also an interesting fight between power type forms. Geed's form has a good defensive coverage with his armored plating and his speed is kept due to the various vents on his body that release steam and fire. His power in this form comes from his usage of those vents to speed up his heavier, armored body to deal heavy damage. He has sluggers to use at his leisure as well as the ability to install it on parts of his body and fight like Kamen Rider Amazon to slash foes apart. As for energy abilities, he has the Strike Boost, a flaming beam attack that he can use at both range and up close to deal heavy damage to enemies. He also has the power to fire off a powerful chest beam called the Solar Burst, and has an Emerium Beam from his forehead beam lamp. Overall, Geed has a nice defense and speed form here to use and enhance his fighting potential.

Burnmite however, is all in on attack and fiery ability. His speed is lowered a bit, but the trade off in strength and power is immense. His newfound ability to harness fire allows him to fire off bursts of flaming energy in the form of the Stobium burst, a similar attack to Mebius's own finishing attack called the Mebium Burst. As for a normal beam, he has the Stobium beam, which is just a combination of Taro and Mebius's beams. Most likely, it isn't as strong as the strike boost, but it is still versatile as a normal beam attack. Also, while Solid Burning has good defense, Burnmite brings out Explosive Power in a literal form via the Stobium Dynamite. A powerful explosion capable of killing monsters in one move, as it is taken from both the Ultra Dynamite and the Mebium Dynamite. However, Orb can also utilize the Stobium Dynamite in the form of a kick as well, giving him a literal explosive kick. His melee is complemented by usually being engulfed in flames, meaning they will have a fiery hit to them. Another thing, which will give him an edge in the Power Form battle, is that Orb can absorb other flames into his hand and counter with the Stobium Counter, which is basically just a charged up fire punch. He could possibly absorb the flames given off by Solid Burning and from the Strike Boost, and then counter it with his own fiery spirit.

In this fight, I'd probably say the two are equal and counter each other well, but leaning more towards Geed in this case for the Armor.

Hurricane Slash vs Acro Smasher

Orb wins the fight of Speed forms. Acro Smasher takes heavily from Cosmos in which many of his attacks are more pacifistic and calming, pushing away monsters rather than destroying them. And while he does have Hikari's Sword, that's his only lethal energy attack. He also has the Geed Claw to use sure, but that's his only other killing weapon in this form. Meanwhile, here comes Orb with two sluggers and the Orb Slugger Lance. Both the Sluggers and the Lance function as both weapons and barriers for Orb, while the Lance also has a powerful beam attack, can reflect attacks back with its barrier, and can create a tornado.
Image Image
As for a battle of speed, Orb has this one. Geed might have faster reflexes here, but Orb both has the far better speed feats, able to strike multiple times and leave after images at the same time, but also teleportation in this form.
Image Image
Thunder Breaster vs Magnificent

Now for the hard one. The Super Forms that both debut at episode 12. Let's start with Thunder Breaster.

To start with, Thunder Breaster is strong, strong enough to lift and throw Maga-Orochi who weighs 80,000 tons and tear off Galactron's tail hair thing on his head. He's durable enough to walk through Maga-Orochi's beam, something none of his other forms did, and to withstand Galactron's firepower enough to grab hold of the hand floating around firing the beam at him. His ability to channel dark energy to power up his attacks was enough to overpower Galactron and keep it pinned down to tear it apart. Now for Beams. His Zettcium Beam was powerful enough to destroy Maga-Orochi while his other forms couldn't. His Light Ring attack was sharp enough to cut off Maga-Orochi's tail, and also takes the form of his energy shield which took a hit from Magata no Orochi's Perforation beam and let him just wade through it. He also just walked through and knocked aside and wade through all the energy attacks of Magata No Orochi but the powered-up Maga Thunderclap in this form as well before he got bit and had his energy drained. His Energy Slicer was sharp enough to cut through Magata no Orochi's tentacles. He also has a Rotating Lariat attack.

Now for Magnificent. This one is also very durable. He was able to withstand the attacks of Pedanium Zetton pretty easily. The Big Bustaway was able to break through the energy shield formed by Pedanium Zetton and destroy it. His shield withstood attacks from Pedanium Zetton easily as well, and like Thunder Breaster, he was easily able to handle the attacks from a stronger opponent that beat his other forms. His horn lightning was able to knock back Pedanium Zetton, plus he's got large energy shurikens at his disposal. Also like Thunder Breaster, he can infuse his attacks with energy to make them stronger in the form of the Mega Bomber Punch and Dynamite which is a double punch that was also able to push back Pedanium Zetton. He can also swing his arm to send small energy blade circles out from the slicers on them. And while brief, he was able to keep up with and toss Chimeraberus in Magnificent. Plus I'm not sure if I can count his use of Magnificent against Belial Atrocious as he was also fighting alongside all his other forms there as well while Orb went solo and lost before his evil buddy Jugglus Juggler hopped in for that final battle.

Comparing the two is hard, but I'm giving it to Orb in this case. Orb's strength is far better than Magnificent, as while Geed was able to swing and toss Chimeraberus, Orb lifted up and threw the heavier Maga-Orochi. He also has better Durability feats, able to withstand the attacks of the stronger Magata No Orochi, while still being knocked around yes, but he was still able to get close enough to fight back and deflect a majority of its attacks. All this, while having less armor than Magnificent. That armor is going to slow Geed down while Orb will still have his better speed and maneuverability while still having similar levels of durability here. The light ring is going to hurt if it hits Geed, while likewise, Geed's Electric Horn will probably knock around Orb. Both have impressive energy shields.

And yes, each form doesn't have to fight against each other like so, but comparing the two gives me a bit of an edge in this round. Each form can counter the other in certain ways such as having water to cool down Burnmite or Solid Burning or using their speed forms against the others base forms, etc. The only one that would be problematic is if Geed tried to calm down Thunder Breaster, as that would only give Orb more of a level head if he starts going berserk. Geed is more defensive-oriented in his forms, but Orb is more Power focused on his own forms.
_______

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

First off, Geed in his Primitive form does actually have an energy shield. It hasn’t been shown to reflect beams like Orb’s, but Orb only did that once against a foe that specifically required the reflection of beams to defeat, so that’s not too relevant.

Burnmite using the Stobium Dynamite would be a terrible idea for him, it would likely do more damage to himself than to Geed. Especially if he were to use it on either of Geed’s armored forms. The absorption of fire is a fair point, however I do not see it coming up here. It needs to strike his hands as he preps for the attack first. While this would likely mean he could absorb the burning kick’s energy, I doubt he could absorb the fire used to propel some of Solid Burning’s attacks. I also do not know if he could absorb the Strike Boost, as it clearly has a laser element of a different color than the fire surrounding it, making me doubt that it is just pure fire.

And even if Burnmite could absorb the Strike Boost, nothing that doing it point blank to his chest, where he couldn’t get his hands in its path, wouldn’t solve.

What gives Geed another advantage that I forgot about while making my first post is that the Geed Claw is not exclusive to Acro Smasher. All of his forms can wield it.

(Go to two and a half minutes in)

The Geed Claw not only gives Primitive and Solid Burning a potent attack in the form of Corkscrew Jamming (which in one battle is able to break through Galactron’s shield and destroy the robot itself, and while yes the Galactrons in Geed are weaker than the version seen in Orb, they are still shown to be forces to be reckoned with), and a generally strong weapon capable of hurting things that are overpowering Magnificent in melee, but it also gives all four of his forms a powerful shield. In the video linked, it manages to hold out for a brief time against a massive chest beam from Evolved Pedanium Zetton, a beam much more powerful than anything Orb will be throwing out here. It also has the Diffusion Shower, which destroyed Thunder Killer and hurt Belial Atrocious, and while only Acro Smasher and Royal Mega Master (who isn’t here, unfortunately for me) have been shown doing it in the show proper, any of the forms should be capable of using the technique.
KWCE Administrator

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Voting may now begin.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

For the reasons I have already stated, myself.
KWCE Administrator

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

I will also vote for myself for the reasons stated above.
_______

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Hmmm.... In a battle between fighters on the clock, the one with better endurance and durability is favored, and Geed is that between himself and Orb. Orb hit hard, harder than Geed, but with that timer running down, i feel Orb will be the first to drop, with Geed jist barely edging out.

So, GvR gets my vote
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

After reviewing the evidence, going to give this to Nagoda.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

According to the data, Orb is technically the better Ultraman sinc he takes the strongest power forms... but I still think GVR can win. One reason; from what I've seen of the two, Baraba is the superior secondary leader. Stronger, better in H2H, and has a counter the best chance Ultroid has at winning. After he goes down, Orb's counter should be depleted from fighting the two (Geed will still be giving him a fight so that gives credence to the 2 on 1 fight).